• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:20
CEST 11:20
KST 18:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9069 users

BW General Discussion - Page 166

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 522 Next
notgayDragon
Profile Joined November 2016
142 Posts
December 28 2016 13:21 GMT
#3301
I don't feel like translating that because half the names are either Hangulized IDs or names I've never heard of. It would take a lot of searching to find these players.

They're all associated with Moo clan, that's all I can tell ya.
"I not gay, sorry."
ZeroChrome
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-28 13:38:07
December 28 2016 13:36 GMT
#3302
On December 28 2016 22:18 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2016 21:52 toriak wrote:
On December 28 2016 21:34 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Yeah, looks like it.
Here are the participants: http://i.imgur.com/hKIZtVY.png

Can anyone translate this? ^^

there is not much to transate
ro12 - circuit breaker

I meant names of the players.


from left to right in that image: larva, movie, shine, shuttle, miso, spire, ssak, rush, noble, lazy, icarus, snow

also the ro12 and ro8 are Bo1
Forward
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9564 Posts
December 28 2016 13:44 GMT
#3303
On December 28 2016 22:36 ZeroChrome wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2016 22:18 2Pacalypse- wrote:
On December 28 2016 21:52 toriak wrote:
On December 28 2016 21:34 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Yeah, looks like it.
Here are the participants: http://i.imgur.com/hKIZtVY.png

Can anyone translate this? ^^

there is not much to transate
ro12 - circuit breaker

I meant names of the players.


from left to right in that image: larva, movie, shine, shuttle, miso, spire, ssak, rush, noble, lazy, icarus, snow

also the ro12 and ro8 are Bo1

Thank you.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Gamlet
Profile Joined December 2012
Ukraine336 Posts
December 28 2016 14:00 GMT
#3304
Vod
Kiev
notgayDragon
Profile Joined November 2016
142 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-28 14:17:09
December 28 2016 14:17 GMT
#3305
Who are Spire, Noble, Lazy, and Snow? I recognize the names but nothing else, specifically Snow.
"I not gay, sorry."
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11827 Posts
December 28 2016 15:32 GMT
#3306
Spire is a prominent amateur
Noble is a former SKT player. Never got much if any broadcasted games. Helps Bisu a lot in PvZ
Lazy is a former MBC player.
Snow is a former CJ player. A-teamer and is famous for his Bo5 with Jaedong and his 72-kill reaver. Liquipedia link (Wiki)Snow
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Filco
Profile Joined October 2013
France166 Posts
December 31 2016 02:28 GMT
#3307
Hi everyone. I was wondering why is terror's studio so disgusting? And am I the only one to find it kind of unhealthy and scary, and not so funny anymore? Also, I hope he doesn't live in there either? Call me a purist, but I actually like the professionalism of bw players, and how gentleman they act. I don't mind at all Terror coming dressed like crazy for tournaments and all. That's funny. But what is it with his studio? Why?
Filco Channel on youtube for fpvs, replays, tutorials and thoughts on the game.
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
December 31 2016 02:55 GMT
#3308
On December 31 2016 11:28 Filco wrote:
Hi everyone. I was wondering why is terror's studio so disgusting? And am I the only one to find it kind of unhealthy and scary, and not so funny anymore? Also, I hope he doesn't live in there either? Call me a purist, but I actually like the professionalism of bw players, and how gentleman they act. I don't mind at all Terror coming dressed like crazy for tournaments and all. That's funny. But what is it with his studio? Why?


He lives somewhere else as far as I heard.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
December 31 2016 03:21 GMT
#3309
Snow was one of the most hyped protoss players during the twilight years of Brood War alongside the likes of By.Sun.

He first made a good impression by becoming the best player in the 2009/2010 Dream League, a ProLeague specifically made for B teamers at the time (excluding Air Force ACE, whose rosters were not deep enough to have practice partners/B teamers). He ended the regular season undefeated with a record of 11-0 and led CJ Entus to a 1st place finish. Korean fans nicknamed him the B team bonjwa.

The head coach of CJ Entus at the time, the legendary Cho Gyu Nam, famous for discovering and nurturing the talents of the likes of Nal_rA, XellOs, sAviOr, EffOrt, and hydra, once made a comment that Snow was the biggest gaming genius he had seen since XellOs, and sAviOr.

As for Snow's status within after his promotion to the A team, Movie was famous for PvZ at the time (2nd highest career PvZ win rate after Bisu), Horang2 was famous for his PvP prowess (highest career PvP win rate), and Snow probably had the best PvT in his team (highest career PvT win rate, and Movie once mentioned he improved his PvT by learning from Snow). In his first PvT game of the Shinhan 2009/2010 ProLeague season, he famously defeated Flash in the following game.

+ Show Spoiler +


Ultimately, he failed to live up to his hype, with mediocre results in his weaker match-ups, and despite having elements in his understanding of the PvT match-up that was superior to even the best protosses at the time, especially revolving around the tactical approach during the early game, his relative weakness in the late game compared to a solid, workhorse-like player in Stats, for example, allowed his strengths to be absorbed by the other protosses of his era, and for him to left behind.

All he is remembered now is for his harass heavy style with clean reaver usage, but he played a part in the evolution of modern day PvT. He knew to abuse the terran race with unexpected compositions of units, getting overwhelmingly large build-order advantages by playing with the terran player's mind, and utilizing units in such a way to maximize his style of abusing the match-up in whichever way possible, rather than straight forward macro-management and late-game maxed out army battling capabilities.

+ Show Spoiler +


I think IdrA put it aptly once, and compared him to a non-Korean player who had really abusive PvT abilities (was it G5?) but with superior mechanical ability, quite obviously.
TL+ Member
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-31 05:56:34
December 31 2016 05:32 GMT
#3310
On December 31 2016 11:28 Filco wrote:
Hi everyone. I was wondering why is terror's studio so disgusting? And am I the only one to find it kind of unhealthy and scary, and not so funny anymore? Also, I hope he doesn't live in there either? Call me a purist, but I actually like the professionalism of bw players, and how gentleman they act. I don't mind at all Terror coming dressed like crazy for tournaments and all. That's funny. But what is it with his studio? Why?


+ Show Spoiler +


This is what Stork had to say on the matter.

A random user in the Afreeca chat: "You're Stork. A member of the Taek-Beng-Lee-Ssang. Have more dignity."

Stork: "Dignity, it seems such a distant memory. Keep my dignity? Do I even have it anymore? I was wondering, isn't that something we should have all tried to preserve? I'll be candid. It's true, I got to where I was due to the love of the Brood War fans. I tried hard to be worthy of the love you all gave me. But let me ask you all a question, did that relationship continue once the players moved onto Starcraft 2? When Brood War was the national pastime, it's true, we had dignity back then. But as times changed, and as the popularity of the Stacraft franchise dropped, having dignity gets you no where...

... It's not just the fans, but the people within the industry also. We travelled this long road together, through the hard times and the good. The fruits of which are being seen in the current League of Legends scene, but what about us, the players? Do I have to keep holding on to the dignity I once had in Brood War? It's true, I have extreme pride in the path that I took. But dignity? Ultimately, the ProLeague was shut down, and my life as a professional gamer came to an end. I'm no longer a professional gamer. I am a streamer whose main content is Brood War. I know you expect a lot from me, but please accept me in my new journey as a streamer. If I wanted to continue the life of a professional gamer, I would have continued playing Starcraft 2."

It's my personal opinion that whatever lows we see our past heroes stoop down to on stream, it's partly our fault. We're the ones that just stood by as by-standers as the higher ups toyed with the fate of what we considered as our gods. We're the ones that didn't unite to fight for the dignity of our heroes. We're the ones that couldn't save professional Brood War. Some people tried to keep the scene alive on other platforms. Some people tried to stop Blizzard from forcing Starcraft 2. Some people saw this as new career opportunities. Some people were busy fighting over the injustice on internet forums instead of taking action. We were all divided. We let them take down a decade's worth of blood, sweat, and tears like it was nothing. Where were you when your heroes needed the support of the fans more than ever? Where were you to preserve the dignity of your heroes? We were the ones to let Blizzard force them to play Starcraft 2 in front of an empty audience for years on end until all their passion and pride was eaten away.

We have no moral ground to judge these streams. After all, we were responsible for its creation. For all love Brood War was supposed to have from its fans, it was worth less than nothing in our heroes time of need. You all know what you were trying to do at the time. You all know how much effort you put in to fulfill your duty as a self-proclaimed Brood War fan. Do you remember how smoothly it all went? It was like knife through fucking butter. And we all took it like the bitches we are. Maybe we're purists only when it suits us, maybe some of the things we see today that we don't like, is our own doing. I don't see many people entirely free from guilt in this whole situation.
TL+ Member
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
December 31 2016 05:44 GMT
#3311
what is the context of that conversation? why did the viewer tell him to have more "dignity"
darktreb
Profile Joined May 2007
United States3019 Posts
December 31 2016 05:46 GMT
#3312
On December 31 2016 12:21 Letmelose wrote:
Snow was one of the most hyped protoss players during the twilight years of Brood War alongside the likes of By.Sun.

He first made a good impression by becoming the best player in the 2009/2010 Dream League, a ProLeague specifically made for B teamers at the time (excluding Air Force ACE, whose rosters were not deep enough to have practice partners/B teamers). He ended the regular season undefeated with a record of 11-0 and led CJ Entus to a 1st place finish. Korean fans nicknamed him the B team bonjwa.

The head coach of CJ Entus at the time, the legendary Cho Gyu Nam, famous for discovering and nurturing the talents of the likes of Nal_rA, XellOs, sAviOr, EffOrt, and hydra, once made a comment that Snow was the biggest gaming genius he had seen since XellOs, and sAviOr.

As for Snow's status within after his promotion to the A team, Movie was famous for PvZ at the time (2nd highest career PvZ win rate after Bisu), Horang2 was famous for his PvP prowess (highest career PvP win rate), and Snow probably had the best PvT in his team (highest career PvT win rate, and Movie once mentioned he improved his PvT by learning from Snow). In his first PvT game of the Shinhan 2009/2010 ProLeague season, he famously defeated Flash in the following game.

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNR8dova-NQ


Ultimately, he failed to live up to his hype, with mediocre results in his weaker match-ups, and despite having elements in his understanding of the PvT match-up that was superior to even the best protosses at the time, especially revolving around the tactical approach during the early game, his relative weakness in the late game compared to a solid, workhorse-like player in Stats, for example, allowed his strengths to be absorbed by the other protosses of his era, and for him to left behind.

All he is remembered now is for his harass heavy style with clean reaver usage, but he played a part in the evolution of modern day PvT. He knew to abuse the terran race with unexpected compositions of units, getting overwhelmingly large build-order advantages by playing with the terran player's mind, and utilizing units in such a way to maximize his style of abusing the match-up in whichever way possible, rather than straight forward macro-management and late-game maxed out army battling capabilities.

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wKQ8QQtY3I


I think IdrA put it aptly once, and compared him to a non-Korean player who had really abusive PvT abilities (was it G5?) but with superior mechanical ability, quite obviously.



Always felt like if you could merge Snow PvT, Movie PvZ, and Horang PvP you'd get a really good player with an interesting style based on strong understanding of each matchup. Like a poor man's version of if you could merge Bisu and Stork's strengths into one super player.
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
December 31 2016 05:58 GMT
#3313
On December 31 2016 14:44 Probemicro wrote:
what is the context of that conversation? why did the viewer tell him to have more "dignity"


I think Stork was doing other content other than Brood War during his stream.
TL+ Member
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 31 2016 06:07 GMT
#3314
On December 31 2016 14:58 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2016 14:44 Probemicro wrote:
what is the context of that conversation? why did the viewer tell him to have more "dignity"


I think Stork was doing other content other than Brood War during his stream.

what? Do they really expect him to do only BW? lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-31 06:33:13
December 31 2016 06:29 GMT
#3315
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 31 2016 12:21 Letmelose wrote:
Snow was one of the most hyped protoss players during the twilight years of Brood War alongside the likes of By.Sun.

He first made a good impression by becoming the best player in the 2009/2010 Dream League, a ProLeague specifically made for B teamers at the time (excluding Air Force ACE, whose rosters were not deep enough to have practice partners/B teamers). He ended the regular season undefeated with a record of 11-0 and led CJ Entus to a 1st place finish. Korean fans nicknamed him the B team bonjwa.

The head coach of CJ Entus at the time, the legendary Cho Gyu Nam, famous for discovering and nurturing the talents of the likes of Nal_rA, XellOs, sAviOr, EffOrt, and hydra, once made a comment that Snow was the biggest gaming genius he had seen since XellOs, and sAviOr.

As for Snow's status within after his promotion to the A team, Movie was famous for PvZ at the time (2nd highest career PvZ win rate after Bisu), Horang2 was famous for his PvP prowess (highest career PvP win rate), and Snow probably had the best PvT in his team (highest career PvT win rate, and Movie once mentioned he improved his PvT by learning from Snow). In his first PvT game of the Shinhan 2009/2010 ProLeague season, he famously defeated Flash in the following game.

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNR8dova-NQ


Ultimately, he failed to live up to his hype, with mediocre results in his weaker match-ups, and despite having elements in his understanding of the PvT match-up that was superior to even the best protosses at the time, especially revolving around the tactical approach during the early game, his relative weakness in the late game compared to a solid, workhorse-like player in Stats, for example, allowed his strengths to be absorbed by the other protosses of his era, and for him to left behind.

All he is remembered now is for his harass heavy style with clean reaver usage, but he played a part in the evolution of modern day PvT. He knew to abuse the terran race with unexpected compositions of units, getting overwhelmingly large build-order advantages by playing with the terran player's mind, and utilizing units in such a way to maximize his style of abusing the match-up in whichever way possible, rather than straight forward macro-management and late-game maxed out army battling capabilities.

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wKQ8QQtY3I


I think IdrA put it aptly once, and compared him to a non-Korean player who had really abusive PvT abilities (was it G5?) but with superior mechanical ability, quite obviously.

I remember whenever the results for the 2009-2010 B-League would come out (matches weren't televised) that the race distribution was something like 80% terrans at the top, and over half of them were nicknamed Mong. That's probably how Snow padded his stats.

On December 31 2016 15:07 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2016 14:58 Letmelose wrote:
On December 31 2016 14:44 Probemicro wrote:
what is the context of that conversation? why did the viewer tell him to have more "dignity"


I think Stork was doing other content other than Brood War during his stream.

what? Do they really expect him to do only BW? lol.

You get stream viewers telling that to everyone even now, and Koreans are notoriously rude online as we know. Look at rapha's stream and how his view count changes between Quake and OW. And that's with him being on the opposite side of the fence as Stork.
ZeroChrome
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-31 07:27:40
December 31 2016 07:27 GMT
#3316
On December 31 2016 15:07 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2016 14:58 Letmelose wrote:
On December 31 2016 14:44 Probemicro wrote:
what is the context of that conversation? why did the viewer tell him to have more "dignity"


I think Stork was doing other content other than Brood War during his stream.

what? Do they really expect him to do only BW? lol.


There are autists even on this site who get upset when players do something other than grind 1v1 games. Imagine how much shit he gets from his Korean fanbase that is hundreds of times bigger lol.



User was warned for this post
Forward
Filco
Profile Joined October 2013
France166 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-01 19:26:57
January 01 2017 19:26 GMT
#3317
On December 31 2016 14:32 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2016 11:28 Filco wrote:
Hi everyone. I was wondering why is terror's studio so disgusting? And am I the only one to find it kind of unhealthy and scary, and not so funny anymore? Also, I hope he doesn't live in there either? Call me a purist, but I actually like the professionalism of bw players, and how gentleman they act. I don't mind at all Terror coming dressed like crazy for tournaments and all. That's funny. But what is it with his studio? Why?


+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ44iJ3X1g


This is what Stork had to say on the matter.

A random user in the Afreeca chat: "You're Stork. A member of the Taek-Beng-Lee-Ssang. Have more dignity."

Stork: "Dignity, it seems such a distant memory. Keep my dignity? Do I even have it anymore? I was wondering, isn't that something we should have all tried to preserve? I'll be candid. It's true, I got to where I was due to the love of the Brood War fans. I tried hard to be worthy of the love you all gave me. But let me ask you all a question, did that relationship continue once the players moved onto Starcraft 2? When Brood War was the national pastime, it's true, we had dignity back then. But as times changed, and as the popularity of the Stacraft franchise dropped, having dignity gets you no where...

... It's not just the fans, but the people within the industry also. We travelled this long road together, through the hard times and the good. The fruits of which are being seen in the current League of Legends scene, but what about us, the players? Do I have to keep holding on to the dignity I once had in Brood War? It's true, I have extreme pride in the path that I took. But dignity? Ultimately, the ProLeague was shut down, and my life as a professional gamer came to an end. I'm no longer a professional gamer. I am a streamer whose main content is Brood War. I know you expect a lot from me, but please accept me in my new journey as a streamer. If I wanted to continue the life of a professional gamer, I would have continued playing Starcraft 2."

It's my personal opinion that whatever lows we see our past heroes stoop down to on stream, it's partly our fault. We're the ones that just stood by as by-standers as the higher ups toyed with the fate of what we considered as our gods. We're the ones that didn't unite to fight for the dignity of our heroes. We're the ones that couldn't save professional Brood War. Some people tried to keep the scene alive on other platforms. Some people tried to stop Blizzard from forcing Starcraft 2. Some people saw this as new career opportunities. Some people were busy fighting over the injustice on internet forums instead of taking action. We were all divided. We let them take down a decade's worth of blood, sweat, and tears like it was nothing. Where were you when your heroes needed the support of the fans more than ever? Where were you to preserve the dignity of your heroes? We were the ones to let Blizzard force them to play Starcraft 2 in front of an empty audience for years on end until all their passion and pride was eaten away.

We have no moral ground to judge these streams. After all, we were responsible for its creation. For all love Brood War was supposed to have from its fans, it was worth less than nothing in our heroes time of need. You all know what you were trying to do at the time. You all know how much effort you put in to fulfill your duty as a self-proclaimed Brood War fan. Do you remember how smoothly it all went? It was like knife through fucking butter. And we all took it like the bitches we are. Maybe we're purists only when it suits us, maybe some of the things we see today that we don't like, is our own doing. I don't see many people entirely free from guilt in this whole situation.


Thank you for your long answer, but you went too far, and did not really answer my questions, sir. Why does Terror stream in such a dirty place? What could I have done? It was 2012, I was 18 years old in France. What did you expect me to do to save the korean national proscene?
Filco Channel on youtube for fpvs, replays, tutorials and thoughts on the game.
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
January 02 2017 10:15 GMT
#3318
On January 02 2017 04:26 Filco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2016 14:32 Letmelose wrote:
On December 31 2016 11:28 Filco wrote:
Hi everyone. I was wondering why is terror's studio so disgusting? And am I the only one to find it kind of unhealthy and scary, and not so funny anymore? Also, I hope he doesn't live in there either? Call me a purist, but I actually like the professionalism of bw players, and how gentleman they act. I don't mind at all Terror coming dressed like crazy for tournaments and all. That's funny. But what is it with his studio? Why?


+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ44iJ3X1g


This is what Stork had to say on the matter.

A random user in the Afreeca chat: "You're Stork. A member of the Taek-Beng-Lee-Ssang. Have more dignity."

Stork: "Dignity, it seems such a distant memory. Keep my dignity? Do I even have it anymore? I was wondering, isn't that something we should have all tried to preserve? I'll be candid. It's true, I got to where I was due to the love of the Brood War fans. I tried hard to be worthy of the love you all gave me. But let me ask you all a question, did that relationship continue once the players moved onto Starcraft 2? When Brood War was the national pastime, it's true, we had dignity back then. But as times changed, and as the popularity of the Stacraft franchise dropped, having dignity gets you no where...

... It's not just the fans, but the people within the industry also. We travelled this long road together, through the hard times and the good. The fruits of which are being seen in the current League of Legends scene, but what about us, the players? Do I have to keep holding on to the dignity I once had in Brood War? It's true, I have extreme pride in the path that I took. But dignity? Ultimately, the ProLeague was shut down, and my life as a professional gamer came to an end. I'm no longer a professional gamer. I am a streamer whose main content is Brood War. I know you expect a lot from me, but please accept me in my new journey as a streamer. If I wanted to continue the life of a professional gamer, I would have continued playing Starcraft 2."

It's my personal opinion that whatever lows we see our past heroes stoop down to on stream, it's partly our fault. We're the ones that just stood by as by-standers as the higher ups toyed with the fate of what we considered as our gods. We're the ones that didn't unite to fight for the dignity of our heroes. We're the ones that couldn't save professional Brood War. Some people tried to keep the scene alive on other platforms. Some people tried to stop Blizzard from forcing Starcraft 2. Some people saw this as new career opportunities. Some people were busy fighting over the injustice on internet forums instead of taking action. We were all divided. We let them take down a decade's worth of blood, sweat, and tears like it was nothing. Where were you when your heroes needed the support of the fans more than ever? Where were you to preserve the dignity of your heroes? We were the ones to let Blizzard force them to play Starcraft 2 in front of an empty audience for years on end until all their passion and pride was eaten away.

We have no moral ground to judge these streams. After all, we were responsible for its creation. For all love Brood War was supposed to have from its fans, it was worth less than nothing in our heroes time of need. You all know what you were trying to do at the time. You all know how much effort you put in to fulfill your duty as a self-proclaimed Brood War fan. Do you remember how smoothly it all went? It was like knife through fucking butter. And we all took it like the bitches we are. Maybe we're purists only when it suits us, maybe some of the things we see today that we don't like, is our own doing. I don't see many people entirely free from guilt in this whole situation.


Thank you for your long answer, but you went too far, and did not really answer my questions, sir. Why does Terror stream in such a dirty place? What could I have done? It was 2012, I was 18 years old in France. What did you expect me to do to save the korean national proscene?


Perhaps you are not aware of the the things he did to keep his stream popular. Everything you see now are the consequence of the inactions of the fanbase of Brood War, and if you were not there to save it, perhaps you should pass up on this opportunity to judge these streamers as if you were entitled to make such comments.
TL+ Member
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7176 Posts
January 02 2017 10:30 GMT
#3319
On December 31 2016 11:28 Filco wrote:
Hi everyone. I was wondering why is terror's studio so disgusting? And am I the only one to find it kind of unhealthy and scary, and not so funny anymore? Also, I hope he doesn't live in there either? Call me a purist, but I actually like the professionalism of bw players, and how gentleman they act. I don't mind at all Terror coming dressed like crazy for tournaments and all. That's funny. But what is it with his studio? Why?

cuz this is what make 30k people tunning on his stream and not the profesional acting of WemadeFoX_Mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbcPKaCSw7k
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
January 02 2017 11:38 GMT
#3320
On December 31 2016 14:32 Letmelose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2016 11:28 Filco wrote:
Hi everyone. I was wondering why is terror's studio so disgusting? And am I the only one to find it kind of unhealthy and scary, and not so funny anymore? Also, I hope he doesn't live in there either? Call me a purist, but I actually like the professionalism of bw players, and how gentleman they act. I don't mind at all Terror coming dressed like crazy for tournaments and all. That's funny. But what is it with his studio? Why?


+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ44iJ3X1g


This is what Stork had to say on the matter.

A random user in the Afreeca chat: "You're Stork. A member of the Taek-Beng-Lee-Ssang. Have more dignity."

Stork: "Dignity, it seems such a distant memory. Keep my dignity? Do I even have it anymore? I was wondering, isn't that something we should have all tried to preserve? I'll be candid. It's true, I got to where I was due to the love of the Brood War fans. I tried hard to be worthy of the love you all gave me. But let me ask you all a question, did that relationship continue once the players moved onto Starcraft 2? When Brood War was the national pastime, it's true, we had dignity back then. But as times changed, and as the popularity of the Stacraft franchise dropped, having dignity gets you no where...

... It's not just the fans, but the people within the industry also. We travelled this long road together, through the hard times and the good. The fruits of which are being seen in the current League of Legends scene, but what about us, the players? Do I have to keep holding on to the dignity I once had in Brood War? It's true, I have extreme pride in the path that I took. But dignity? Ultimately, the ProLeague was shut down, and my life as a professional gamer came to an end. I'm no longer a professional gamer. I am a streamer whose main content is Brood War. I know you expect a lot from me, but please accept me in my new journey as a streamer. If I wanted to continue the life of a professional gamer, I would have continued playing Starcraft 2."

It's my personal opinion that whatever lows we see our past heroes stoop down to on stream, it's partly our fault. We're the ones that just stood by as by-standers as the higher ups toyed with the fate of what we considered as our gods. We're the ones that didn't unite to fight for the dignity of our heroes. We're the ones that couldn't save professional Brood War. Some people tried to keep the scene alive on other platforms. Some people tried to stop Blizzard from forcing Starcraft 2. Some people saw this as new career opportunities. Some people were busy fighting over the injustice on internet forums instead of taking action. We were all divided. We let them take down a decade's worth of blood, sweat, and tears like it was nothing. Where were you when your heroes needed the support of the fans more than ever? Where were you to preserve the dignity of your heroes? We were the ones to let Blizzard force them to play Starcraft 2 in front of an empty audience for years on end until all their passion and pride was eaten away.

We have no moral ground to judge these streams. After all, we were responsible for its creation. For all love Brood War was supposed to have from its fans, it was worth less than nothing in our heroes time of need. You all know what you were trying to do at the time. You all know how much effort you put in to fulfill your duty as a self-proclaimed Brood War fan. Do you remember how smoothly it all went? It was like knife through fucking butter. And we all took it like the bitches we are. Maybe we're purists only when it suits us, maybe some of the things we see today that we don't like, is our own doing. I don't see many people entirely free from guilt in this whole situation.


Great (and true) post.
User was warned for being hilarious
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 522 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 762
Soulkey 313
Larva 261
Soma 186
Zeus 181
Mini 133
Horang2 92
Mind 71
ZerO 65
Sexy 65
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 26
soO 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Other Games
gofns22950
singsing1721
Coldzera 707
Pyrionflax95
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV228
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Jankos2350
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
40m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.