• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9299 users

BW General Discussion - Page 168

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 522 Next
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 14:08:50
January 08 2017 14:07 GMT
#3341
[image loading]
Can we be thankful to 2017 for delivering?
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
January 09 2017 05:15 GMT
#3342
How can I get access to the fish server? I hear it has the best players and best population. I live in the states.
TL+ Member
notgayDragon
Profile Joined November 2016
142 Posts
January 09 2017 05:23 GMT
#3343
Through mca64Launcher or wLauncher (some people kick mca64Launcher users) but you'll get banned from a lot of lobbies, especially if you don't speak Korean.

The entire server is Korean and all players are Korean.
"I not gay, sorry."
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 09 2017 05:23 GMT
#3344
On January 08 2017 23:07 thezanursic wrote:
[image loading]
Can we be thankful to 2017 for delivering?


That did start in 2016 though. Super happy it's continuing though as I love watching Jaedong :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12059 Posts
January 09 2017 07:21 GMT
#3345
On January 09 2017 14:23 notgayDragon wrote:
Through mca64Launcher or wLauncher (some people kick mca64Launcher users) but you'll get banned from a lot of lobbies, especially if you don't speak Korean.

The entire server is Korean and all players are Korean.


If we're talking technicalities, 'most' players are Korean, not all
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
toriak
Profile Joined December 2008
Slovakia477 Posts
January 09 2017 07:28 GMT
#3346
On January 09 2017 14:23 notgayDragon wrote:
Through mca64Launcher or wLauncher (some people kick mca64Launcher users) but you'll get banned from a lot of lobbies, especially if you don't speak Korean.

The entire server is Korean and all players are Korean.


Main reason to be kicked is a slow map download. I think you generally dont have to speak to anyone.
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
January 09 2017 11:42 GMT
#3347
On January 09 2017 16:28 toriak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2017 14:23 notgayDragon wrote:
Through mca64Launcher or wLauncher (some people kick mca64Launcher users) but you'll get banned from a lot of lobbies, especially if you don't speak Korean.

The entire server is Korean and all players are Korean.


Main reason to be kicked is a slow map download. I think you generally dont have to speak to anyone.


Is there somewhere to find the map pack to avoid download times?
TL+ Member
notgayDragon
Profile Joined November 2016
142 Posts
January 09 2017 17:37 GMT
#3348
Maps are not the reason, as more and more Koreans live abroad they suffer from long download times. Only time you'll get banned is from Random Tower Defense and they ban Koreans without it too, have to download from the cafe.

I'll upload a map pack when I am home. Maybe.
"I not gay, sorry."
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12059 Posts
January 09 2017 18:23 GMT
#3349
On January 10 2017 02:37 notgayDragon wrote:
Maps are not the reason, as more and more Koreans live abroad they suffer from long download times. Only time you'll get banned is from Random Tower Defense and they ban Koreans without it too, have to download from the cafe.

I'll upload a map pack when I am home. Maybe.


Great! I was hoping someone would do this for the good of the community!

On January 10 2017 02:37 notgayDragon wrote:Maybe.


Oh.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
notgayDragon
Profile Joined November 2016
142 Posts
January 09 2017 19:22 GMT
#3350
On January 10 2017 03:23 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2017 02:37 notgayDragon wrote:
Maps are not the reason, as more and more Koreans live abroad they suffer from long download times. Only time you'll get banned is from Random Tower Defense and they ban Koreans without it too, have to download from the cafe.

I'll upload a map pack when I am home. Maybe.


Great! I was hoping someone would do this for the good of the community!

Show nested quote +
On January 10 2017 02:37 notgayDragon wrote:Maybe.


Oh.

I say maybe because I put a lot of effort into giving several guides on Fish. All I asked was that foreigners not as individuals, but as a community, put some effort into at least saying hello to the people you're playing. Just like TL, this is their house. You don't come here and post in your native language, why is it okay to go there and not speak any of their native language.

Even after dozens of contributions to the wiki, an entire guide, and uploading a huge map pack, I was being called a racist and banned for retaliating by a rogue TL mod who shall not be named because the other mods know who it is. I'm assuming this mod was dealt with as he has since gone quiet. Rejoined TL so the moderator would stop banning me, checked up with a couple other TL mods to make sure this was okay (for now it is), and nuked my huge Fish guide.

It's nothing personal, I hope you understand the situation that has been given to me. Just because Eonzerg and Trucatz (close enough) get away with it doesn't mean everyone else can.

As I say in the BW Discord frequently, Ars0n_ is a model foreigner. His description is written in Korean telling others he's a foreigner, he's learning some Korean, and nobody has a problem with him. If everybody here that's on Fish could just do this simple task, I'd go out of my way and download every copy of every map I can find just for you guys.
"I not gay, sorry."
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5963 Posts
January 09 2017 20:16 GMT
#3351
On January 10 2017 04:22 notgayDragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2017 03:23 Qikz wrote:
On January 10 2017 02:37 notgayDragon wrote:
Maps are not the reason, as more and more Koreans live abroad they suffer from long download times. Only time you'll get banned is from Random Tower Defense and they ban Koreans without it too, have to download from the cafe.

I'll upload a map pack when I am home. Maybe.


Great! I was hoping someone would do this for the good of the community!

On January 10 2017 02:37 notgayDragon wrote:Maybe.


Oh.

I say maybe because I put a lot of effort into giving several guides on Fish. All I asked was that foreigners not as individuals, but as a community, put some effort into at least saying hello to the people you're playing. Just like TL, this is their house. You don't come here and post in your native language, why is it okay to go there and not speak any of their native language.

Even after dozens of contributions to the wiki, an entire guide, and uploading a huge map pack, I was being called a racist and banned for retaliating by a rogue TL mod who shall not be named because the other mods know who it is. I'm assuming this mod was dealt with as he has since gone quiet. Rejoined TL so the moderator would stop banning me, checked up with a couple other TL mods to make sure this was okay (for now it is), and nuked my huge Fish guide.

It's nothing personal, I hope you understand the situation that has been given to me. Just because Eonzerg and Trucatz (close enough) get away with it doesn't mean everyone else can.

As I say in the BW Discord frequently, Ars0n_ is a model foreigner. His description is written in Korean telling others he's a foreigner, he's learning some Korean, and nobody has a problem with him. If everybody here that's on Fish could just do this simple task, I'd go out of my way and download every copy of every map I can find just for you guys.

TL;DR: Most of you foreigners on fish are like the [PE] of iCCup.
FBH #1!
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
January 10 2017 06:28 GMT
#3352
https://bnetdocs.org/news/127/us-west-scheduled-maintenance
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-10 07:32:56
January 10 2017 07:32 GMT
#3353
finally that cursed thread is closed -_- . Reading the comments and my comments brought memories of sad times when bw is already at it's lowest . But then again blizzard should do the community a fcking favor and provide the game codes for free and let us do whatever we want with the game and then only from there can I see a future where broodwar will always exist.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
January 10 2017 22:27 GMT
#3354
Patch 1.17.0 to be released "within the next couple of months"
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752439861#post-13
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
TAKK.borg
Profile Joined December 2013
Croatia93 Posts
January 10 2017 22:34 GMT
#3355
On January 11 2017 07:27 xboi209 wrote:
Patch 1.17.0 to be released "within the next couple of months"
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752439861#post-13


Yes! I hope only for win10 & b.net fix and nothing else!
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
January 11 2017 01:31 GMT
#3356
On January 11 2017 07:34 TAKK.borg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2017 07:27 xboi209 wrote:
Patch 1.17.0 to be released "within the next couple of months"
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752439861#post-13


Yes! I hope only for win10 & b.net fix and nothing else!


I highly doubt they'd touch anything related to the game's actual mechanics.

I'm hoping for some UI improvements. We're all super used to the old Brood War UI and such but it could definitely be improved a fair bit. But it's probably just some bug fixes and maybe minor graphical improvements.
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-11 02:19:50
January 11 2017 02:12 GMT
#3357
On January 10 2017 04:22 notgayDragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2017 03:23 Qikz wrote:
On January 10 2017 02:37 notgayDragon wrote:
Maps are not the reason, as more and more Koreans live abroad they suffer from long download times. Only time you'll get banned is from Random Tower Defense and they ban Koreans without it too, have to download from the cafe.

I'll upload a map pack when I am home. Maybe.


Great! I was hoping someone would do this for the good of the community!

On January 10 2017 02:37 notgayDragon wrote:Maybe.


Oh.

I say maybe because I put a lot of effort into giving several guides on Fish. All I asked was that foreigners not as individuals, but as a community, put some effort into at least saying hello to the people you're playing. Just like TL, this is their house. You don't come here and post in your native language, why is it okay to go there and not speak any of their native language.

Even after dozens of contributions to the wiki, an entire guide, and uploading a huge map pack, I was being called a racist and banned for retaliating by a rogue TL mod who shall not be named because the other mods know who it is. I'm assuming this mod was dealt with as he has since gone quiet. Rejoined TL so the moderator would stop banning me, checked up with a couple other TL mods to make sure this was okay (for now it is), and nuked my huge Fish guide.

It's nothing personal, I hope you understand the situation that has been given to me. Just because Eonzerg and Trucatz (close enough) get away with it doesn't mean everyone else can.

As I say in the BW Discord frequently, Ars0n_ is a model foreigner. His description is written in Korean telling others he's a foreigner, he's learning some Korean, and nobody has a problem with him. If everybody here that's on Fish could just do this simple task, I'd go out of my way and download every copy of every map I can find just for you guys.
Even on ICCUP english is barely the lingua franca, and I rarely if ever see koreans speak in anything other than korean or just repeating "gg" endlessly. Not a big deal. I know the guys banned and all, but this is really an entitled view-- it aint your house as a korean, its just a private server some koreans maintain. Even if the admins nationalistically declared fish was "only for koreans" it would not belong to koreans. Theres language barriers, this is the world we live in, grow up and stop being so insular.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
January 11 2017 04:14 GMT
#3358
I think we should respect cultural differences.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
ssj114
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Afghanistan462 Posts
January 12 2017 09:51 GMT
#3359
Is NaDa streaming? Any news on a comeback?
Sandboxie + SUA + DEP, Windows Firewall + NAT Router
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12059 Posts
January 12 2017 09:59 GMT
#3360
Did the Fish clan thread disappear when notgayDragon got nuked? I made a post there and I wanted to see if it got replies but can't find the thread.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 522 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 323
Free 174
sorry 82
Mind 73
Bale 29
ZergMaN 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 668
Other Games
summit1g9100
Coldzera 720
WinterStarcraft681
C9.Mang0318
Sick195
febbydoto10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
BasetradeTV192
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2187
Other Games
• Shiphtur699
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.