• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10523 users

Montage: SC:BW highlights 1999-2012 - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 15 Next All
dranko
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden378 Posts
July 18 2013 14:38 GMT
#161
Translation for the goodbye speech would be fantastic. That shit almost brought me to tears and I don't even know what he was saying.
saroir
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany244 Posts
July 18 2013 22:16 GMT
#162
can´t wait for the remaining parts.
keep them coming!
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
July 18 2013 23:19 GMT
#163
Great stuff. My only gripe is that there is no NaDa in there. How is that possible. Keep up the good work sir.
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
July 18 2013 23:27 GMT
#164
On July 19 2013 08:19 G5 wrote:
Great stuff. My only gripe is that there is no NaDa in there. How is that possible. Keep up the good work sir.

I think it's on reverse chronological order. so probably in part 3 and 4?
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
July 18 2013 23:42 GMT
#165
On July 18 2013 23:38 dranko wrote:
Translation for the goodbye speech would be fantastic. That shit almost brought me to tears and I don't even know what he was saying.


From the top comment of the youtube video linked in op:
Thank you for everyone who loved Starcraft Leagues, and us, commentators for those 13 years. I will keep this passion and comment other leagues with it. Please keep love us as well.

Not the best grammar, but given that the yt acc is korean and all other comments are korean it's understandable, still gets the message across imo.
learning88
Profile Joined April 2005
United States160 Posts
July 19 2013 01:10 GMT
#166
Just wondering, would sAvior be on the highlights? He's probably my favorite player of ALL time because of his dominance for about 2 years before Bisu came into the picture and he was the reason why I switched from Protoss to Zerg. Although I understand he was involved with the Match Fixing Scandal, I still believe that his triumphs prior to that incident still warrants his name to be legendary.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
July 19 2013 02:58 GMT
#167
Awesome videos! Good quality and great choices as well!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
July 19 2013 06:26 GMT
#168
On July 19 2013 10:10 learning88 wrote:
Just wondering, would sAvior be on the highlights? He's probably my favorite player of ALL time because of his dominance for about 2 years before Bisu came into the picture and he was the reason why I switched from Protoss to Zerg. Although I understand he was involved with the Match Fixing Scandal, I still believe that his triumphs prior to that incident still warrants his name to be legendary.


He should be. He was my favorite player for a while there; even met him at Blizzcon... 2008(?) I believe and he won it. The match fixing scandal thing makes his an ass but he was a true force in his day, dominating all over the place (especially MSLs). He was a true bonjwa and the play he showed should be recognized as such.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
July 19 2013 12:58 GMT
#169
On July 19 2013 15:26 G5 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2013 10:10 learning88 wrote:
Just wondering, would sAvior be on the highlights? He's probably my favorite player of ALL time because of his dominance for about 2 years before Bisu came into the picture and he was the reason why I switched from Protoss to Zerg. Although I understand he was involved with the Match Fixing Scandal, I still believe that his triumphs prior to that incident still warrants his name to be legendary.


He should be. He was my favorite player for a while there; even met him at Blizzcon... 2008(?) I believe and he won it. The match fixing scandal thing makes his an ass but he was a true force in his day, dominating all over the place (especially MSLs). He was a true bonjwa and the play he showed should be recognized as such.


He is the true Bonjwa. He should be there.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
xPulsAr
Profile Joined October 2011
Japan107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-19 14:18:02
July 19 2013 13:51 GMT
#170
OP updated with part #3.
Youtube-Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHSuAm0be1ptLAKd-n5pP-f8eIKRsniv3
Also added a more fitting picture to the OP.

Since the video ended up too long I just decided to cut it into 2 seperate parts and added a few more scenes to part 3 and 4. So, now we end up with 3 parts for the 2010 - 2007 era, which is okay considering this was the time period Broodwar was at its peak (or atleast in terms of the content amount^^).

Edit: So now you can expect a total amount of 6 parts! >_<"

Answering some questions:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 18 2013 21:42 FFW_Rude wrote:
You need some Boxer in here. And Also (i know poeple are going to say no but...) some Savior. It would be awesome.
And of course.

On July 19 2013 08:19 G5 wrote:
Great stuff. My only gripe is that there is no NaDa in there. How is that possible. Keep up the good work sir.

On July 19 2013 10:10 learning88 wrote:
Just wondering, would sAvior be on the highlights? He's probably my favorite player of ALL time because of his dominance for about 2 years before Bisu came into the picture and he was the reason why I switched from Protoss to Zerg. Although I understand he was involved with the Match Fixing Scandal, I still believe that his triumphs prior to that incident still warrants his name to be legendary.

- I will cover all 4 Bonjwas: Boxer, Nada, Oov and Savior. Don't you worry.

On July 18 2013 15:52 JieXian wrote:
THAAAAANKSSSSSSS!!!

But why did you make it unlisted?

- I put the videos on unlisted due to possible copyright claimes. I think some of the music/scenes they play after Finals are copyrighted, if I'm not mistaken. I put the videos on public now for the time being. I dunno how Youtube handles copyright infridgments. As far as I can tell, they only put ads on my vids...

On July 18 2013 08:20 jinorazi wrote:thanks for your time on creating these videos, must have went through a lot of videos o.O

- I spent the past 1/2 year re-watching literally every VOD of Broodwar.
Andwhy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States91 Posts
July 19 2013 14:04 GMT
#171
I will cover all 4 Bonjwas: Boxer, Nada, Oov and Savior. Don't you worry.


What about Flash?
xPulsAr
Profile Joined October 2011
Japan107 Posts
July 19 2013 14:22 GMT
#172
On July 19 2013 23:04 Andwhy wrote:
Show nested quote +
I will cover all 4 Bonjwas: Boxer, Nada, Oov and Savior. Don't you worry.


What about Flash?


Eventhough Flash is the best Broodwar player of all time (objectively speaking), he is not a true Bonjwa by definiton. But thats a looooooong story.

Besides that, the fact that he is featured in 25%++ of the content of my 3 parts so far speaks for it self, doesn't it? :p
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-19 14:46:57
July 19 2013 14:25 GMT
#173
On July 19 2013 23:22 xPulsAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2013 23:04 Andwhy wrote:
I will cover all 4 Bonjwas: Boxer, Nada, Oov and Savior. Don't you worry.


What about Flash?


Eventhough Flash is the best Broodwar player of all time (objectively speaking), he is not a true Bonjwa by definiton. But thats a looooooong story.

Besides that, the fact that he is featured in 25%++ of the content of my 3 parts so far speaks for it self, doesn't it? :p


Well you have to include his first match with the cheese :p (I think it was a bunker rush ? Or proxy rax ? I thought he kicked bisu out ? I don't really remember)
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
xPulsAr
Profile Joined October 2011
Japan107 Posts
July 19 2013 15:10 GMT
#174
On July 19 2013 23:25 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2013 23:22 xPulsAr wrote:
On July 19 2013 23:04 Andwhy wrote:
I will cover all 4 Bonjwas: Boxer, Nada, Oov and Savior. Don't you worry.


What about Flash?


Eventhough Flash is the best Broodwar player of all time (objectively speaking), he is not a true Bonjwa by definiton. But thats a looooooong story.

Besides that, the fact that he is featured in 25%++ of the content of my 3 parts so far speaks for it self, doesn't it? :p


Well you have to include his first match with the cheese :p (I think it was a bunker rush ? Or proxy rax ? I thought he kicked bisu out ? I don't really remember)


Haha, yeah. He cheesed Bisu out of the Daum OSL, which pissed everyone off since ppl though Flash was just a random chessy brat back then. ^^
youtube.com/watch?v=QDNMvEVtInA
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
July 19 2013 15:30 GMT
#175
On July 18 2013 22:44 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 21:54 Bisu-Fan wrote:
I have yet to start watching it but I'm so giddy and excited right now... and a bit scared to see it again and relive the highs and lows of BW... i'm afraid to see the end of BW again thanks so much for making this though!


You will see the end of BW again... Kim's Carrier speech... But it's really worth watching. True i cried watching this (never expected too) but you will feel so good after this if you're a true fan of the game

EDIT : You are a bisu fan so i should have lied to you :p

wow... what gave the fact away that i was a bisu-fan? alas it's nice to see BW fans are still sharp~ <3 yeah I just watched the first part and oh my gosh the feels and chills it gave me.... I remember every SKT game that was in it... and I remember so many from the last pure BW season because that was probably my most active time on TL (translating winner interviews live during the games (making fun of any team that beat SKT but still grudgingly translated them :D))... ahh good times~ still regret not going to the last OSL when I had the chance
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
wndr
Profile Joined January 2012
19 Posts
July 19 2013 17:58 GMT
#176
Part 3 was great! can't wait for the rest!
JL13
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1384 Posts
July 21 2013 04:39 GMT
#177
This series of videos sends chills down my spine. I think I legitimately cried of happiness for the first time in my life when SkyHigh reversed all-killed Oz. Kim Carrier's speech at the end of the Tving OSL was extremely emotional; it's hard for me to grasp exactly how much he dedicated himself towards the BW community.

Yellow vs. Bisu in PL was pretty nuts. Especially when the camera picked up the group of Mutalisks for the first time. The entire audience chanting, "Hong Jin Ho!" drowning out even the commentators was incredible throughout the match.

Jaedong vs. Fantasy set5 on Medusa in the OSL finals was one of the greatest games I've watched. I clearly remember 100+ people at Joe's Pizza in San Diego going absolutely crazy when Jaedong scouted that vulture and killed it.
Favorite Progamers in order: JangBi, Kwanro, Really, DarkElf
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
July 22 2013 02:56 GMT
#178
I'm finishing up part 3 but it somewhat saddens me as a jung laden follower that you have the jangbi vs fantasy medusa game as a terran highlight when fantasy ended up losing
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
July 22 2013 07:59 GMT
#179
Let part 4 be Savior era PLEASE!
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
July 22 2013 14:18 GMT
#180
On July 22 2013 16:59 Xiphias wrote:
Let part 4 be Savior era PLEASE!


Yes yes yes !

Didn't have time to watch part3/4 this we but will do tonight !
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1007
Larva 463
ggaemo 337
Stork 276
Leta 185
PianO 127
Killer 32
Hyuk 29
ZergMaN 25
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
yabsab 18
League of Legends
JimRising 394
Reynor72
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1021
Other Games
summit1g9000
C9.Mang0264
Sick178
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Stunt1966
• Jankos524
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 47m
Online Event
2h 47m
FEL
7h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.