• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:25
CEST 02:25
KST 09:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8392 users

D Ranks ELO Ranks Sep. 15th! - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
September 15 2012 23:45 GMT
#61
Wow this is pretty cool!
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
September 16 2012 07:58 GMT
#62
Well, given my almost non-existant participation in these things, #12 is pretty good. Makes me want to play again ^^
Potling
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway298 Posts
September 16 2012 08:27 GMT
#63
A bit like paralympics rankings No really, good job.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
September 16 2012 11:19 GMT
#64
Just a quick post to defend myself: Yes, I went 12-0 in the season before the current one. Yes, I did switch race after a bunch of weeks. It wasn't because the games were too easy, it was because I was getting tired of playing protoss. If you look at the replays of a bunch of the games, you'll see that a lot of those games were won by luck. It's a small sample size. Also, in the current season I'm currently 1-2. I was just very lucky in the previous season.
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
September 16 2012 12:08 GMT
#65
D ranks is serious business...
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
September 18 2012 20:08 GMT
#66
#19 lolwut

I'm pretty sure rank 100 can beat me now xD
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
September 18 2012 20:41 GMT
#67
Is it possible to add POV for vs every race? or its too complicated?

spot #78 ghost spot :D
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
September 18 2012 20:53 GMT
#68
On September 19 2012 05:41 pebble444 wrote:
Is it possible to add POV for vs every race? or its too complicated?

spot #78 ghost spot :D

Its probably possible, but would just be a question of how much effort Birdie would want to put into it.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
September 18 2012 21:13 GMT
#69
Top 15 by race (since I know it for all players up to that pt):

Z
P
Z
P
P/Z
T
Z/P/T
P
T
P
Z
Z
Z/TvZ
P
P
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-18 21:24:17
September 18 2012 21:23 GMT
#70
On September 15 2012 00:18 WandS wrote:
Well done!
I've always wanted to see a foreigner ELO Ranks chart.

the fatal flaw being that it's ranked at the bottom of the skills spectrum thus impossible to gauge accurate ELO as these guys have vastly different levels of talent.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
September 18 2012 22:50 GMT
#71
On September 19 2012 06:23 dRaW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2012 00:18 WandS wrote:
Well done!
I've always wanted to see a foreigner ELO Ranks chart.

the fatal flaw being that it's ranked at the bottom of the skills spectrum thus impossible to gauge accurate ELO as these guys have vastly different levels of talent.

The ELOs are accurate within the group of players being ranked. ELO ranks are a ranking base on how skilled you are compared to other people in the same ranking system, so when I make the iCCup ranking spider, players ranked like this will have different ELOs from their iCCup ELOs.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-18 23:30:41
September 18 2012 23:29 GMT
#72
On September 19 2012 07:50 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 06:23 dRaW wrote:
On September 15 2012 00:18 WandS wrote:
Well done!
I've always wanted to see a foreigner ELO Ranks chart.

the fatal flaw being that it's ranked at the bottom of the skills spectrum thus impossible to gauge accurate ELO as these guys have vastly different levels of talent.

The ELOs are accurate within the group of players being ranked. ELO ranks are a ranking base on how skilled you are compared to other people in the same ranking system, so when I make the iCCup ranking spider, players ranked like this will have different ELOs from their iCCup ELOs.

My ICC ELO is absolute shit lol

Just for the record. I've been wondering about this; the fact that some of the people I beat regularly have consistently higher ICCup rankings... I think it means that because of the small sample size in TL DR players, the people who are the best simply seem that way because of various X factors but mostly because we have a decent filter for people who start at D but are actually higher, people who smurf, etc. So while I may be #2 Elo in TL DR, I am not even close to being a solid C- player on ICCup.

EDIT: I know that I am guilty of this, but is Elo not a name and thus has to be capitalized as such, not an abbreviation like E.L.O. would be? Too drunk to wiki but yea we should educate ourselves ^^
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
September 19 2012 00:19 GMT
#73
Now that crtl is dead, I don't really see any issue with C- players being in DRTL. C- is still rather low level and they have nowhere else to go. Is shuryuken the top atm? Wow props to him, I met him when he was first switching over. I could tell from the get go that he had a good mentality but I had no idea that he would improve this rapidly. That is really impressive.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
September 19 2012 00:25 GMT
#74
On September 19 2012 08:29 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 07:50 Birdie wrote:
On September 19 2012 06:23 dRaW wrote:
On September 15 2012 00:18 WandS wrote:
Well done!
I've always wanted to see a foreigner ELO Ranks chart.

the fatal flaw being that it's ranked at the bottom of the skills spectrum thus impossible to gauge accurate ELO as these guys have vastly different levels of talent.

The ELOs are accurate within the group of players being ranked. ELO ranks are a ranking base on how skilled you are compared to other people in the same ranking system, so when I make the iCCup ranking spider, players ranked like this will have different ELOs from their iCCup ELOs.

My ICC ELO is absolute shit lol

Just for the record. I've been wondering about this; the fact that some of the people I beat regularly have consistently higher ICCup rankings... I think it means that because of the small sample size in TL DR players, the people who are the best simply seem that way because of various X factors but mostly because we have a decent filter for people who start at D but are actually higher, people who smurf, etc. So while I may be #2 Elo in TL DR, I am not even close to being a solid C- player on ICCup.

EDIT: I know that I am guilty of this, but is Elo not a name and thus has to be capitalized as such, not an abbreviation like E.L.O. would be? Too drunk to wiki but yea we should educate ourselves ^^

iCCup doesn't use ELO. Yes, Elo is a name but normally it's capitalized for no particular reason iCCup is just a bad ranking system, if you play lots of games you get higher on the rankings basically.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-19 01:33:30
September 19 2012 01:19 GMT
#75
On September 19 2012 07:50 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 06:23 dRaW wrote:
On September 15 2012 00:18 WandS wrote:
Well done!
I've always wanted to see a foreigner ELO Ranks chart.

the fatal flaw being that it's ranked at the bottom of the skills spectrum thus impossible to gauge accurate ELO as these guys have vastly different levels of talent.

The ELOs are accurate within the group of players being ranked. ELO ranks are a ranking base on how skilled you are compared to other people in the same ranking system, so when I make the iCCup ranking spider, players ranked like this will have different ELOs from their iCCup ELOs.


I'm saying it's a D rank league so they have gotten D+ max on iccup, we all know that there are many cases of people who play for fun and exceed that yet have no desire to play ladder for whatever reason. Hence, you get many people who are D- vs people who are roughly C-/C and they are all in the same "ELO rank".

edit: good job on the formulations though, I am just saying that it's hard to keep the ELO in perspective to the skill range of the players in the league.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
September 19 2012 15:23 GMT
#76
On September 19 2012 06:13 Jealous wrote:
Top 15 by race (since I know it for all players up to that pt):

Z
P
Z
P
P/Z
T
Z/P/T
P
T
P
Z
Z
Z/TvZ
P
P


Im Terran xD
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
Cr4zyH0r5e
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Peru1308 Posts
September 19 2012 16:14 GMT
#77
Why am I even in there? I quit bw 6 months ago O_O
Diamond 4 Jungle/Support - http://www.twitch.tv/cr4zyh0r5e/c/3051057 Zyra support 101
greenelve
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1392 Posts
September 19 2012 17:20 GMT
#78
On September 20 2012 01:14 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
Why am I even in there? I quit bw 6 months ago O_O

D Rank leagues..team is in season 3 and single in 4...so you may have played in the beginning of the tours and it counts in this ranking too ^^x
z0r.de for your daily madness /// Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? The Shadow knows!
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
September 19 2012 17:21 GMT
#79
On September 20 2012 01:14 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
Why am I even in there? I quit bw 6 months ago O_O


Its never too late to get it back, or play a couple of games for fun :D
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
greenelve
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1392 Posts
September 19 2012 19:04 GMT
#80
On September 20 2012 02:21 pebble444 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 01:14 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
Why am I even in there? I quit bw 6 months ago O_O


Its never too late to get it back, or play a couple of games for fun :D

And now there is a reason to play, otherwise you will fall down in of the important ranks out there :p
z0r.de for your daily madness /// Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? The Shadow knows!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft506
Nina 174
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13639
Hyuk 57
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm218
League of Legends
Doublelift4764
Other Games
summit1g8894
FrodaN3219
JimRising 625
KnowMe202
ViBE105
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King80
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1303
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 35m
INu's Battles
11h 35m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 35m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 35m
Replay Cast
22h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.