• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:05
CEST 08:05
KST 15:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9372 users

BW Head Coaches on SC2 - Page 22

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 61 Next
wassbix
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada499 Posts
April 20 2012 18:38 GMT
#421
On April 21 2012 03:32 densha wrote:
Show nested quote +
One good thing was that because SC2 battles are so much faster, the player's mechanics increased because they needed faster reactions.


This really caught my attention. Is he saying that BW pros have to move even faster in SC2 to keep up with the pace of the game? Does this mean the idea of a low skill ceiling is false? I'm really looking forward to seeing just what these guys can bring to the scene once they're playing SC2 full time.


Its called digging for complements.
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
April 20 2012 18:40 GMT
#422
Thanks for the translation via PM, OpticalShot.

Wow, that was .... a lot to take in. Is there any info on the actual format of the new league yet?
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 20 2012 18:41 GMT
#423
On April 21 2012 03:38 Rodiel3 wrote:
I still feel bored to watch Flash/Bisu games on SC2, I mean im a french player I got Stephano (best foreign SC2 player) to root for and even for his SC2 final I find the game slow and almost nothing interesting happening (im a SC2 Master Season 2)
What I say is that on a good day I feel that I can do most of their play(without the game sense of course)

Aniway, gonna buy a Korean VPN and watch afreeca Fish pro stream ^^


Or, you can just download the Afreeca app for Iphone and not have to pay for VPN. Its how i watch Hiya play
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Rodiel3
Profile Joined March 2011
France1158 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 18:45:02
April 20 2012 18:44 GMT
#424
On April 21 2012 03:41 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 03:38 Rodiel3 wrote:
I still feel bored to watch Flash/Bisu games on SC2, I mean im a french player I got Stephano (best foreign SC2 player) to root for and even for his SC2 final I find the game slow and almost nothing interesting happening (im a SC2 Master Season 2)
What I say is that on a good day I feel that I can do most of their play(without the game sense of course)

Aniway, gonna buy a Korean VPN and watch afreeca Fish pro stream ^^


Or, you can just download the Afreeca app for Iphone and not have to pay for VPN. Its how i watch Hiya play


Can you have my babies ?
Thx
http://www.youtube.com/user/rodiel3 SCBW FPVOD
Rainfall7711
Profile Joined December 2011
329 Posts
April 20 2012 18:44 GMT
#425
WoW about the full translation. So interesting and exciting. The thing about SC2 increasing a players mechanics is reallly interesting. Alot of people will play it down but.. yeah.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 20 2012 18:46 GMT
#426
On April 21 2012 03:44 Rodiel3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 03:41 amazingxkcd wrote:
On April 21 2012 03:38 Rodiel3 wrote:
I still feel bored to watch Flash/Bisu games on SC2, I mean im a french player I got Stephano (best foreign SC2 player) to root for and even for his SC2 final I find the game slow and almost nothing interesting happening (im a SC2 Master Season 2)
What I say is that on a good day I feel that I can do most of their play(without the game sense of course)

Aniway, gonna buy a Korean VPN and watch afreeca Fish pro stream ^^


Or, you can just download the Afreeca app for Iphone and not have to pay for VPN. Its how i watch Hiya play


Can you have my babies ?
Thx


Anytime .
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
April 20 2012 18:46 GMT
#427
On April 21 2012 03:44 Rainfall7711 wrote:
WoW about the full translation. So interesting and exciting. The thing about SC2 increasing a players mechanics is reallly interesting. Alot of people will play it down but.. yeah.


But I know if baby actually spent time playing broodwar instead he would probably had a better chance in qualifying in the osl ......
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
April 20 2012 18:47 GMT
#428
God Bless
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
April 20 2012 18:48 GMT
#429
On April 21 2012 03:47 Roffles wrote:

birthday boy why the sadface
[TLMS] REBOOT
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 20 2012 18:49 GMT
#430
On April 21 2012 03:46 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 03:44 Rainfall7711 wrote:
WoW about the full translation. So interesting and exciting. The thing about SC2 increasing a players mechanics is reallly interesting. Alot of people will play it down but.. yeah.


But I know if baby actually spent time playing broodwar instead he would probably had a better chance in qualifying in the osl ......


His build 1st game against action strangely looked like a SC2 1-1-1....
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
April 20 2012 18:50 GMT
#431


ill cry
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
April 20 2012 18:53 GMT
#432
On April 21 2012 03:37 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 03:33 Azarkon wrote:
On April 21 2012 02:17 eviltomahawk wrote:
On April 21 2012 02:10 phosphorylation wrote:
On April 21 2012 02:08 howLiN wrote:
On April 21 2012 02:04 phosphorylation wrote:
On April 21 2012 02:01 dmfg wrote:
On April 21 2012 01:53 phosphorylation wrote:
It's just tremendously sad and unnatural that sc2 will be forced onto viewers only because the sponsors want it, rather than because the players, coaches (most), or most importantly, viewers want it

It does not bode well for this initiative and esports in general.

(I am talking purely about the scene in Korea, just so I don't get misinformed comments).


Thing is... ultimately sponsors follow viewers. After all, that's the reason they're sponsoring in the first place - to reach viewers.

I think it's too early to think of this as "the death of BW". More like "sponsors are getting edgy and want to try something new, to compare it".

At the end of the day though, the viewers have the power to watch what they want to watch, and the sponsors must listen.


I think the sponsors are leapfrogging the viewer intent here, due to few factors. Newness of the alleged "sequel" of sc2. The match-fixing scandal. The unprecedented longevity of BW as esports.


Sponsors can't afford to leapfrog viewer's intent, the whole deal of sponsoring is reaching out to the highest number of viewers as possible. Don't fool yourself.


...
They are in Korea, simply because in korea, current BW interest and viewrs >>> current SC2 interest and viewers. They think in the long term, SC2 holds more potential for drawing viewers. That may be correct or but it also may be bullshit. But that's why they are so eager on the switch.

Also, I don't think sponsors care about deficiencies in SC2 as much as fans do. We complain about unit design and interface design and all that jazz, but sponsors couldn't care less about that stuff. What they see is a sorta new game with an eye-openingly large international following and inconclusive speculation on whether or not a complete transition could succeed in Korea.


That's what's driving all this. SC 2 has a huge international following when put alongside BW. BW's international scene is dead. SC 2's is not - and is being fueled by huge sponsors and organizations. The BW coaches and sponsors look at this and think, wow - what the fuck are we doing missing out on this? That's why they're trying to switch. They know SC 2 is a failure in Korea, but their eyes are on the international prize.


No in the spirit of the article it seems that sc2 is a new chance for them to start everything from a clean slate and fixing all the error's they have done before and they are also focusing on the korean scene first than only internationally .


That's not what I got out of it.

Team 8 Coach Joo: When I meet with corporate executives, I can definitely feel the tensions and worries. Despite that, my personal wish is for StarCraft 1 to fade away as a legend, but maybe in the future we’d say the same thing about StarCraft 2. None of us can stop the flow of time. The reality is that not a single country outside Korea has an offline StarCraft 1 league right now. In the times where eSports is going global, we can’t help but choose StarCraft 2. The times demand that we play both SC1 and SC2. Soon the proleague will be completely SC2, but I dearly wish that we don’t abandon SC1, which has led and carried eSports for the past decade. Personally, I wish that SC1 would continue, even if the league is much smaller and shorter.


The corporate executives want to get in on the SC 2 action because it's global. SC 2 is a failure in Korea, but they see where the global market is moving.
lexpoa
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil73 Posts
April 20 2012 18:54 GMT
#433
Got zero interest in SC2. Not gonna watch it.

It will be this OSL and I'm done with "eSports".
powerofwar
Profile Joined July 2011
United States22 Posts
April 20 2012 18:56 GMT
#434
I don't want players to switch if they don't enjoy the game. They shouldn't have to be forced to play.
와앙방롱
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 20 2012 18:58 GMT
#435
On April 21 2012 03:56 powerofwar wrote:
I don't want players to switch if they don't enjoy the game. They shouldn't have to be forced to play.

Progaming is treated like a job in Korea. So if their bosses says they will have to switch, then they will have to switch.
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
April 20 2012 18:58 GMT
#436
On April 21 2012 03:09 ellerina wrote:
Just read the interview through OpticalShot's PM. Now I feel like taking a long emo solitary walk on the beach With dual PL 99.99% confirmed (I really wish they had just jumped straight into SC2 if they were going to do it anyway but who am I to speak) this OSL will be heartrending like no other. On a personal note, in a few months I will be leaving to attend grad school thousands of miles away from home where the timezone is not conducive to SC watching, so I was planning to minimize my viewing anyway. That said, I am going to be glued in front of my computer for the OSL. PL finals I think was a good close and quite deserving of the last PL finals ever. If the OSL finals and series are as good as the PL finals were I can leave my BW (and possibly SC) watching days behind in complete peace.



You could just switch over to SCII. There is ALWAYS something to watch.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
April 20 2012 19:00 GMT
#437
On April 21 2012 03:49 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 03:46 Sawamura wrote:
On April 21 2012 03:44 Rainfall7711 wrote:
WoW about the full translation. So interesting and exciting. The thing about SC2 increasing a players mechanics is reallly interesting. Alot of people will play it down but.. yeah.


But I know if baby actually spent time playing broodwar instead he would probably had a better chance in qualifying in the osl ......


His build 1st game against action strangely looked like a SC2 1-1-1....

This is exactly what I was thinking when I was watching the game.
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
April 20 2012 19:04 GMT
#438
After reading the full translation I have to say the relationship between the two games is much more complex than most of us thought. There's definitely an interesting dynamic from the players' and coaches' perspectives.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
April 20 2012 19:09 GMT
#439
On April 21 2012 03:44 Rainfall7711 wrote:
WoW about the full translation. So interesting and exciting. The thing about SC2 increasing a players mechanics is reallly interesting. Alot of people will play it down but.. yeah.


It's the fact that they can do a lot more with it and it's unexplored territory for them.
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
April 20 2012 19:12 GMT
#440
Ah, goddamnit.

Such an emotional rollercoaster. Well, if it can't be helped I hope we get the best out of this.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1197
910 107
Snow 94
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 55
Bale 33
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto258
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Other Games
summit1g6416
Coldzera 724
WinterStarcraft434
C9.Mang0278
PiGStarcraft169
NeuroSwarm134
ViBE21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick559
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Rush1113
• Lourlo1064
• Stunt369
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 55m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 55m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 55m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.