• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:12
CEST 11:12
KST 18:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9231 users

WeMade Fox to disband August 31st - Page 11

Forum Index > BW General
718 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 36 Next All
trikshun
Profile Joined October 2010
United States437 Posts
August 22 2011 03:40 GMT
#201
On August 22 2011 12:34 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 11:54 trikshun wrote:
On August 22 2011 11:48 babylon wrote:
Fuck. WMF's WC3/SC2 team.

iG will in all likelihood pick up Moon; I don't see anyone outbidding them, and they've expressed an interest in Moon before. Dunno if they might try to grab Lyn and Soccer, though they really should. China's short on really good NEs, so Soccer would be nice, and Lyn is Lyn - one of the best Orcs around.

If iG does pick Moon up, I really hope they keep Moon playing WC3/SC2. He's got RTS in his blood, and him being contracted for DotA would make me a sad panda.

You think Moon is going to play DotA... He is going to stick with SC2/WC3

You didn't see the tatazu article, I take it?

Rumors of Moon to iG have been floating around for forever ever since iG was formed. Mutual interest was expressed, and I guess all we can do is wait for the fall-out.

Slightly off-topic, but the SCBW rage regarding SC2 is kind of funny to read. (Not laugh-out-loud funny, but sort of a sad funny.) I'm a die-hard WC3 fan, and I think all of us are pretty much resigned to WC3 fading away in the next year or two. Having our players switch to SC2 isn't really seen as anything bad; it is what it is, and it's nice to know that after WC3's death, we'll still have players like ToD and Grubby and hopefully Soccer, Moon, and Lyn still playing SC2. I guess it's just weird to me to see so much hope and passion for such an old scene after I spent the last few years watching WC3 start to vanish, little by little.

I saw the article but i can't translate it. But wouldn't he join as an SC2 player? I mean does Moon even know how to play DotA and who would invictus drop for moon? There is a language barrier too if Moon decided to play for Invictus as a DotA player
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
August 22 2011 03:41 GMT
#202
On August 22 2011 12:36 mmdmmd wrote:
Unconfirmed rumor from wfbrood forum. Korean Air is interested.

The WeMade disbanding/Korean Air interest rumors have been around for months.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 04:01:10
August 22 2011 03:46 GMT
#203
Edit: i was too upset and mad so i misunderstood a post
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
XXGeneration
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States625 Posts
August 22 2011 03:49 GMT
#204
WMF! You guys were awesome D:

I can't believe that they're disbanding.
"I was so surprised when I first played StarCraft 2. I couldn't believe that such an easy game exists... I guess the best way to attract people these days is to make things easy and simple." -Midas
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
August 22 2011 03:50 GMT
#205
On August 22 2011 12:46 jidolboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 12:34 babylon wrote:
On August 22 2011 11:54 trikshun wrote:
On August 22 2011 11:48 babylon wrote:
Fuck. WMF's WC3/SC2 team.

iG will in all likelihood pick up Moon; I don't see anyone outbidding them, and they've expressed an interest in Moon before. Dunno if they might try to grab Lyn and Soccer, though they really should. China's short on really good NEs, so Soccer would be nice, and Lyn is Lyn - one of the best Orcs around.

If iG does pick Moon up, I really hope they keep Moon playing WC3/SC2. He's got RTS in his blood, and him being contracted for DotA would make me a sad panda.

You think Moon is going to play DotA... He is going to stick with SC2/WC3

You didn't see the tatazu article, I take it?

Rumors of Moon to iG have been floating around for forever ever since iG was formed. Mutual interest was expressed, and I guess all we can do is wait for the fall-out.

Slightly off-topic, but the SCBW rage regarding SC2 is kind of funny to read. (Not laugh-out-loud funny, but sort of a sad funny.) I'm a die-hard WC3 fan, and I think all of us are pretty much resigned to WC3 fading away in the next year or two. Having our players switch to SC2 isn't really seen as anything bad; it is what it is, and it's nice to know that after WC3's death, we'll still have players like ToD and Grubby and hopefully Soccer, Moon, and Lyn still playing SC2. I guess it's just weird to me to see so much hope and passion for such an old scene after I spent the last few years watching WC3 start to vanish, little by little.

i can not stop laughing when you call yourself *die-hard* wc3 fan
yet you are happy to see your game die

I think you misinterpret what he said. He doesn't seem to be happy that WC3 is dying; he is just accepting that WC3's demise is inevitable and accepting what is reality instead of acting angry about it. It seems that he is only happy that WC3's players will still be able to continue their legacy in a different game instead of fading into obscurity.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
August 22 2011 03:52 GMT
#206
This is miserable. We have been losing teams bit by bit. Why is that happening?
xBillehx
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1289 Posts
August 22 2011 03:56 GMT
#207
:\ I'm starting to distrust when Korean teams say "nothing is confirmed" or "it's just a rumor." Sucks, hope all the players find a home to keep them playing, whichever game it may be.
Taengoo ♥
Dragonmaster26
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia311 Posts
August 22 2011 03:57 GMT
#208
What will happen to F.United?
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
August 22 2011 04:00 GMT
#209
o noes.. :<:<:<: so sad 1 team faling after the other..
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
lbmaian
Profile Joined December 2010
United States689 Posts
August 22 2011 04:01 GMT
#210
On August 22 2011 12:16 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 12:14 lbmaian wrote:
Looks like SaviOr, recession, Korean MMOs, and SC2 has taken its toll on the BW scene. (SC2 may not be as popular as BW, but I'm sure the sponsors think SC2 will eventually spell the doom of BW.)


yo doom sayers i love you coming in to the thread but we are okay broodwar will live you know there is always section for you to go there you know .It's much livelier there and esports oriented. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=19


You're over-reacting. I'm not happy about this either. But I'm just being realistic.

The only bright point in BW is this: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=257268
rigelq
Profile Joined May 2010
United States230 Posts
August 22 2011 04:02 GMT
#211
(((( this makes me really sad.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 22 2011 04:03 GMT
#212
On August 22 2011 12:40 trikshun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 12:34 babylon wrote:
On August 22 2011 11:54 trikshun wrote:
On August 22 2011 11:48 babylon wrote:
Fuck. WMF's WC3/SC2 team.

iG will in all likelihood pick up Moon; I don't see anyone outbidding them, and they've expressed an interest in Moon before. Dunno if they might try to grab Lyn and Soccer, though they really should. China's short on really good NEs, so Soccer would be nice, and Lyn is Lyn - one of the best Orcs around.

If iG does pick Moon up, I really hope they keep Moon playing WC3/SC2. He's got RTS in his blood, and him being contracted for DotA would make me a sad panda.

You think Moon is going to play DotA... He is going to stick with SC2/WC3

You didn't see the tatazu article, I take it?

Rumors of Moon to iG have been floating around for forever ever since iG was formed. Mutual interest was expressed, and I guess all we can do is wait for the fall-out.

Slightly off-topic, but the SCBW rage regarding SC2 is kind of funny to read. (Not laugh-out-loud funny, but sort of a sad funny.) I'm a die-hard WC3 fan, and I think all of us are pretty much resigned to WC3 fading away in the next year or two. Having our players switch to SC2 isn't really seen as anything bad; it is what it is, and it's nice to know that after WC3's death, we'll still have players like ToD and Grubby and hopefully Soccer, Moon, and Lyn still playing SC2. I guess it's just weird to me to see so much hope and passion for such an old scene after I spent the last few years watching WC3 start to vanish, little by little.

I saw the article but i can't translate it. But wouldn't he join as an SC2 player? I mean does Moon even know how to play DotA and who would invictus drop for moon? There is a language barrier too if Moon decided to play for Invictus as a DotA player

It basically says that WMF let go of Soccer, Moon, and Lyn and that iG expressed an interest in Moon and may pick him up as a DotA player. (It remains to be seen whether or not they were joking.) I think Moon would prefer to stick with WC3/SC2, but I guess it all depends on how much money he's offered.

Moon has probably dabbled in DotA. And I have no idea how they'd even deal with the language barrier. Combine that with the fact that iG's DotA team is strong enough, and I want to say that it's just a joke.

On August 22 2011 12:46 jidolboy wrote:
i can not stop laughing when you call yourself *die-hard* wc3 fan
yet you are happy to see your game die

Reread my post and stop baiting me, or fuck off. eviltomahawk said it best, so I won't bother repeating him, especially since he expressed my feelings much more eloquently than I ever could in my current state of mind.
chaosdarkprince
Profile Joined November 2010
Ecuador52 Posts
August 22 2011 04:04 GMT
#213
On August 22 2011 11:17 Darthozzan wrote:
Sad to see this happen. I wonder what this means for F. United? No more foreigners in GSTL? >_< Oh well, all good things come to an end...


wow, the comprehension level of some people is almost null... sorry to tell you this pal, but get to know the programing scene a little more before you post something like this...
Khas Naradahk!!
Caladbolg
Profile Joined March 2011
2855 Posts
August 22 2011 04:05 GMT
#214
I have hope they'll be able to find a sponsor. Might have to cut some players but if they keep their core they can survive next season. Baby and Wooki are future stars (Baby is an ace-level player already). Roro, Shine, Mind, and Midas are good/decent A-teamers. If the new sponsor can get Best from free agency (if I were SKT I'd be willing to let him go so that Rain, Ssak and Paralyze could develop), they'd probably be contenders.
"I don't like the word prodigy at all. To me prodigy sounds like a person who was 'gifted' all these things rather than a person who earned all these talents by hard training... I must train harder to reach my goal." - Flash
Fraidnot
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States824 Posts
August 22 2011 04:06 GMT
#215
my heart just died.
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
August 22 2011 04:08 GMT
#216
Noooooooooooooo .

Not Wemade, not them, they were in my top 3 favourite teams. Terrible news, I don't even know what to say...
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
August 22 2011 04:09 GMT
#217
Not my favorite team, but I'm not happy to see them go like this. If I had three wishes, I would use one of them to remind people how awesome StarCraft is.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
RainWhisper
Profile Joined May 2009
United Arab Emirates333 Posts
August 22 2011 04:10 GMT
#218
EG - MOON, you heard it here first.
Hi can i get one McGracken please?
SiDX
Profile Joined July 2009
New Zealand1975 Posts
August 22 2011 04:12 GMT
#219
Proleague finals had huge viewership gave me some hope for BW but this will hurt
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 22 2011 04:13 GMT
#220
On August 22 2011 13:10 MarwanBaki wrote:
EG - MOON, you heard it here first.

EG can't afford Moon.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 5121
Horang2 480
Hyuk 364
BeSt 217
Hyun 103
Hm[arnc] 72
Killer 72
Shinee 68
sorry 57
ggaemo 51
[ Show more ]
Snow 42
Bonyth 41
Bale 35
Stork 34
JYJ 15
League of Legends
JimRising 567
Other Games
gofns21175
summit1g9223
singsing1494
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King72
kaitlyn1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick742
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2396
League of Legends
• Lourlo1435
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
48m
INu's Battles
2h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 48m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 48m
Replay Cast
13h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.