• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:36
CEST 07:36
KST 14:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7658 users

[Interview] MSL Ro8 Day 1 Winners - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 14:02 GMT
#41
On January 20 2011 22:58 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 22:37 Astrapto wrote:
Do any of the MSL streamers do English commentary? I'm too n00bish to enjoy it without commentary.

The games are total snorefests with English commentators. Nothing really can compare to the energy and excitement that the Korean commentators bring.

For people who are very new to the game and don't really understand it very well it helps tremendously to have english commentators. Makes it much more enjoyable until you can think for yourself well enough. Once you do, koreans>>>all though.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
gongryong
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1430 Posts
January 20 2011 14:11 GMT
#42
GO JAEDONG GO!!!
JAEDONG ÜBERBONJWA!
Hikko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1126 Posts
January 20 2011 14:19 GMT
#43
+ Show Spoiler +
Protoss got murdered
♥
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
January 20 2011 14:29 GMT
#44
On January 20 2011 22:37 Astrapto wrote:
Do any of the MSL streamers do English commentary? I'm too n00bish to enjoy it without commentary.


Sayle will commentate OSL Ro4 tomorrow in english. His casting is among the best outside of South Korea and he knows the game very well. But i don't know if anyone does this live in a regular basis.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 14:36 GMT
#45
On January 20 2011 23:19 Hikko wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Protoss got murdered

Why the happy smiley?
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 20 2011 15:19 GMT
#46
Sad there's no great... Here's a short version for great/Samsung fans until the OP decides to put him there.

-1st game is really important. Wants to win game 1 in a convincing manner, and therefore went queens for effect. Was very happy to win the game fairly easily.

-Got advice from Stork and Jangbi on how to prepare for both SL and PL. Says SL is more "fun" than PL, since losing doesn't hurt the team. Hence more likely to play in a freer style

-Believes that although Kal is really good, in a BoX the race matchup(I assume P > T > Z > P) really comes into play. And believes that Kal has more trouble with preparation than him.

-Jokes that if he won the championship, he'd use his massive power and put TBLS in the same group just for fun in the next MSL.
Meh
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 15:25 GMT
#47
TBLS in the same group would be so awesome and sad at the same time.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
January 20 2011 15:35 GMT
#48
I don't think Jaedong and Stork can be in the same group but he can put Bisu in Jaedong's group and Flash in Stork's group.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 20 2011 15:37 GMT
#49
On January 20 2011 21:10 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 21:09 ShadeR wrote:
On January 20 2011 20:43 Seraphic wrote:
ooohhh wow. Stork, don't you DARE lose the series to Zero. After all you have done + knocking out Bisu on top of that. Don't...you...dare...lose.

Can't help but say wanting to switch Bisu and Stork around right now. -.-'

Don't be THAT Bisu fan.

They're all THAT Bisu fan...

Everyone has plenty of bandwagon fans. I've seen some KT ones too.
That doesn't mean they all are.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
January 20 2011 15:41 GMT
#50
It's gonna be a disaster if the semis are all zerg. But at least it'll save me some sleep as there is no way I'm staying up to watch ZvZs.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 15:48 GMT
#51
On January 21 2011 00:37 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 21:10 Holgerius wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:09 ShadeR wrote:
On January 20 2011 20:43 Seraphic wrote:
ooohhh wow. Stork, don't you DARE lose the series to Zero. After all you have done + knocking out Bisu on top of that. Don't...you...dare...lose.

Can't help but say wanting to switch Bisu and Stork around right now. -.-'

Don't be THAT Bisu fan.

They're all THAT Bisu fan...

Everyone has plenty of bandwagon fans. I've seen some KT ones too.
That doesn't mean they all are.

Bisu no doubt has the worst fanbase though. The ''Best Player of 2010'' poll is undisputable evidence of that.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
January 20 2011 16:11 GMT
#52
On January 21 2011 00:48 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 00:37 Lightwip wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:10 Holgerius wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:09 ShadeR wrote:
On January 20 2011 20:43 Seraphic wrote:
ooohhh wow. Stork, don't you DARE lose the series to Zero. After all you have done + knocking out Bisu on top of that. Don't...you...dare...lose.

Can't help but say wanting to switch Bisu and Stork around right now. -.-'

Don't be THAT Bisu fan.

They're all THAT Bisu fan...

Everyone has plenty of bandwagon fans. I've seen some KT ones too.
That doesn't mean they all are.

Bisu no doubt has the worst fanbase though. The ''Best Player of 2010'' poll is undisputable evidence of that.

I think every one except the bisu fans will agree on this.

Also, I'm surprised at how non-idiotic all the Stork fans are, concidering how well Stork has been doing lately.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 16:15 GMT
#53
All those silvers has taught most of them humility.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
January 20 2011 16:26 GMT
#54
On January 21 2011 01:11 Elroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 00:48 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 00:37 Lightwip wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:10 Holgerius wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:09 ShadeR wrote:
On January 20 2011 20:43 Seraphic wrote:
ooohhh wow. Stork, don't you DARE lose the series to Zero. After all you have done + knocking out Bisu on top of that. Don't...you...dare...lose.

Can't help but say wanting to switch Bisu and Stork around right now. -.-'

Don't be THAT Bisu fan.

They're all THAT Bisu fan...

Everyone has plenty of bandwagon fans. I've seen some KT ones too.
That doesn't mean they all are.

Bisu no doubt has the worst fanbase though. The ''Best Player of 2010'' poll is undisputable evidence of that.

I think every one except the bisu fans will agree on this.

Also, I'm surprised at how non-idiotic all the Stork fans are, concidering how well Stork has been doing lately.


are you kidding?

Stork fanboys are pretty much the second worst group after Bisu's fanboys. Of course there's quite a chasm between them but Stork fanboys are still PRETTY damn bad.

Or it's just certain users who gave me a REALLY REALLY bad impression
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
January 20 2011 16:49 GMT
#55
On January 21 2011 00:25 Holgerius wrote:
TBLS in the same group would be so awesome and sad at the same time.


What is a TBLS? Note: I know that it's TaekBangLeeSsang, and it brings us to my second question:

What is a TaekBangLeeSsang?
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 17:14:19
January 20 2011 17:02 GMT
#56
Taek = Kim Taek Young = Bisu
Bang = Song Byung Goo = Stork (don't really know why it's Bang, maybe it is that Byung kinda sounds like Bang)
LeeSsang = Lee Jae Dong + Lee Young Ho = Jaedong and Flash (LeeSsang means double Lee or something of the sorts).

It became a thing since those 4 players have for a very long time been the most prominent players on the scene. Since the Bisu vs Savior in march of 2007, 6 out of 10 MSLs have had one of them as the winner, 8 out of 10 MSLs have featured 1 or 2 of them in the finals and 10 out of 10 has had one or more in the semis. For OSLs, 7 out of 10 has had one of them as the winner, 8 out of 10 has had one or two of them in the finals and 9 out of 10 has had one or more in the semis. Additionally, each of their teams have won at least one PL final since then, and in the same timeframe they are the only 4 to reach #1 in kespa rank.
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
January 20 2011 17:04 GMT
#57
zero so cute :D
i hope he gets into the final
FTD
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 17:28:36
January 20 2011 17:27 GMT
#58
On January 21 2011 02:02 Cpadolf wrote:
Taek = Kim Taek Young = Bisu
Bang = Song Byung Goo = Stork (don't really know why it's Bang, maybe it is that Byung kinda sounds like Bang)
LeeSsang = Lee Jae Dong + Lee Young Ho = Jaedong and Flash (LeeSsang means double Lee or something of the sorts).

It became a thing since those 4 players have for a very long time been the most prominent players on the scene. Since the Bisu vs Savior in march of 2007, 6 out of 10 MSLs have had one of them as the winner, 8 out of 10 MSLs have featured 1 or 2 of them in the finals and 10 out of 10 has had one or more in the semis. For OSLs, 7 out of 10 has had one of them as the winner, 8 out of 10 has had one or two of them in the finals and 9 out of 10 has had one or more in the semis. Additionally, each of their teams have won at least one PL final since then, and in the same timeframe they are the only 4 to reach #1 in kespa rank.

It's quite mindblowing how good those 4 guys are.

Thank you god, I am no longer a Valkyrie! I do no longer have to live with the shame of being the bane of Flash's existance in the MSL!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Exchange
Profile Joined January 2011
131 Posts
January 20 2011 17:33 GMT
#59
On January 20 2011 19:41 doothegee wrote:
- Your ZvP seems shaky lately
▲ It doesn't seem that way when I practice, but I feel I play sloppy in televised games. I think I can play better if I calm down a bit and focus more. The reason that I knew I was going to win this game was because I played so well in practice.

- Anything to say?
▲ My team's Protosses helped me a lot, and I want to give a shoutout of thanks to (P)Dear.


I loled, any zerg will played so well in practice vs Dear. Anybody know can Jae training w Bisu? Or they are not close friend like w Flash?
My life for Aiur! BeSt and Stork fan
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
January 20 2011 17:36 GMT
#60
Bad day for Toss
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 482
Hyuk 449
Leta 113
Icarus 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 813
Other Games
summit1g9127
WinterStarcraft477
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick901
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2262
League of Legends
• Rush1393
• Lourlo1060
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 24m
INu's Battles
6h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 24m
Replay Cast
17h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.