• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:33
CEST 05:33
KST 12:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9558 users

[Interview] MSL Ro8 Day 1 Winners - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 17:42:04
January 20 2011 17:41 GMT
#61
On January 20 2011 23:02 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 22:58 Roffles wrote:
On January 20 2011 22:37 Astrapto wrote:
Do any of the MSL streamers do English commentary? I'm too n00bish to enjoy it without commentary.

The games are total snorefests with English commentators. Nothing really can compare to the energy and excitement that the Korean commentators bring.

For people who are very new to the game and don't really understand it very well it helps tremendously to have english commentators. Makes it much more enjoyable until you can think for yourself well enough. Once you do, koreans>>>all though.


Actually I kind of disagree...it's kind of gone full circle for me. At first I watched English, then I watched Korean, but then when I understood the game well enough and didn't need to hear the commentators going ballistic at everything to keep up I (at least for OSL) prefer listening to Nuke over Koreans. *shrug*

EDIT: I should add I don't speak Korean... I just like having background noise (especially when it's entertaining) while I'm watching matches.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
January 20 2011 18:16 GMT
#62
On January 21 2011 02:02 Cpadolf wrote:
Taek = Kim Taek Young = Bisu
Bang = Song Byung Goo = Stork (don't really know why it's Bang, maybe it is that Byung kinda sounds like Bang)
LeeSsang = Lee Jae Dong + Lee Young Ho = Jaedong and Flash (LeeSsang means double Lee or something of the sorts).

It became a thing since those 4 players have for a very long time been the most prominent players on the scene. Since the Bisu vs Savior in march of 2007, 6 out of 10 MSLs have had one of them as the winner, 8 out of 10 MSLs have featured 1 or 2 of them in the finals and 10 out of 10 has had one or more in the semis. For OSLs, 7 out of 10 has had one of them as the winner, 8 out of 10 has had one or two of them in the finals and 9 out of 10 has had one or more in the semis. Additionally, each of their teams have won at least one PL final since then, and in the same timeframe they are the only 4 to reach #1 in kespa rank.


Thanks for the explanation you're greatly appreciated. I remember the Bisu vs Savior in March 2007 (it's not because i watched it live or anything like that but i watched the vods). But well, i didn't know it was that huge in those terms.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
January 20 2011 18:23 GMT
#63
....O_O

Sweet Jesus, I will cry for weeks if we get ANOTHER ZVZ finals...Calm vs Kwanro, or Jaedong vs Yellow[arnc] type finals were just disheartening T_T

ANY NON-ZERG HWAITING!!!!!
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
January 20 2011 18:24 GMT
#64
On January 21 2011 03:23 Kimaker wrote:
....O_O

Sweet Jesus, I will cry for weeks if we get ANOTHER ZVZ finals...Calm vs Kwanro, or Jaedong vs Yellow[arnc] type finals were just disheartening T_T

ANY NON-ZERG HWAITING!!!!!

I think it's pretty likely that we'll get an all-Zerg Ro4.
웅진 멘쓰즈
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 20 2011 18:33 GMT
#65
Zerg swarm season this msl hail the overmind !
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
January 20 2011 18:43 GMT
#66
Swarm fucking Season. FUCK YEAH I LOVE ZVZ!

This is so intense. Great games.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
January 20 2011 19:07 GMT
#67
Terrible day for toss
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
yoonyoon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1065 Posts
January 20 2011 19:15 GMT
#68
On January 21 2011 01:26 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 01:11 Elroi wrote:
On January 21 2011 00:48 Holgerius wrote:
On January 21 2011 00:37 Lightwip wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:10 Holgerius wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:09 ShadeR wrote:
On January 20 2011 20:43 Seraphic wrote:
ooohhh wow. Stork, don't you DARE lose the series to Zero. After all you have done + knocking out Bisu on top of that. Don't...you...dare...lose.

Can't help but say wanting to switch Bisu and Stork around right now. -.-'

Don't be THAT Bisu fan.

They're all THAT Bisu fan...

Everyone has plenty of bandwagon fans. I've seen some KT ones too.
That doesn't mean they all are.

Bisu no doubt has the worst fanbase though. The ''Best Player of 2010'' poll is undisputable evidence of that.

I think every one except the bisu fans will agree on this.

Also, I'm surprised at how non-idiotic all the Stork fans are, concidering how well Stork has been doing lately.


are you kidding?

Stork fanboys are pretty much the second worst group after Bisu's fanboys. Of course there's quite a chasm between them but Stork fanboys are still PRETTY damn bad.

Or it's just certain users who gave me a REALLY REALLY bad impression

[image loading]
You'd probably appreciate this - the Stork fanboys were so loud that Zero's and Stork's chairs shook from the soundproof machinery in the booth ~_~



Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 20 2011 19:17 GMT
#69
HELLS YEAH ZERO :D BRING IT HOME

Although the finals are gonna be really shitty if you do
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 19:29:13
January 20 2011 19:17 GMT
#70
▲ It doesn't seem that way when I practice, but I feel I play sloppy in televised games.

JD having nerve issues on televised games? thats really strange since he has so much experience...

If I were to say something, because it's ZvZ, it wouldn't matter if it's Jaedong.

I don't quite get this, is he saying because its JvZ that he doesn't stand a chance, or that since its ZvZ that its a coin flip and theres a chance he can win?

and holy shit zero's game was amazing... stork didn't play exceptional or anything, but zero... just wow. I'm rooting for Stork though (just in hopes of him taking the finals) so I hope he busts out something interesting in the next few sets... since he's behind now he won't be able to save/hide his crazy PvZ builds (which prior to losing he may have saved in expectation of facing JD in the finals)

▲ I joked to my teammates back at the house, “If I win, I want to put Taek-Baeng-Lee-Ssang in one group using my powers (at the group ceremony)”. I think that will be fun for all watching and right now, I kind of want to do that.(laughs)


holy shit suddenly I love Great... His attitude about the individual leagues and how he is able to just have fun and enjoy shit for the kicks is really refreshing. I wish more people had this kind of affable attitude in the Korean scene

EDIT: Thanks for the translation!

and

On January 20 2011 22:58 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 22:37 Astrapto wrote:
Do any of the MSL streamers do English commentary? I'm too n00bish to enjoy it without commentary.

The games are total snorefests with English commentators. Nothing really can compare to the energy and excitement that the Korean commentators bring. Your generic English commentators that are still commentating BW are pretty bland and boring. All the decent ones have moved on already.

Klazart - where are you?!
jaedong imba
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
January 20 2011 20:38 GMT
#71
So all Z semis are incoming? How damn boring... I wish there was one T so we could see some good-level TvZ.

It's been a while since I have seen a good TvZ...
nbaker
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1341 Posts
January 20 2011 22:10 GMT
#72
Games like these make being a ZerO fan worth it amidst all the failing! I really loved his build today. In a way it's kind of similar to the 2hatch muta into double expand build he used against Flash, which was also extremely cool.

It's a shame that if ZerO wins, it'll 90% be a ZvZ final, which is his weakest matchup and not as entertaining, but I still want to see him beat Stork!
cujo2k
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada1044 Posts
January 20 2011 22:14 GMT
#73
Man how did hydra get so good? He's even saying that he doesn't fear JD in zvz WTF? I don't think he'd beat JD but still.. it's really weird how good he's gotten since EffOrt retired. It's almost like he watched effort's replays over and over until he became a stud O_O
THE ANSWER IS 288
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
January 20 2011 23:19 GMT
#74
On January 21 2011 04:17 slappy wrote:
[quote
Show nested quote +
If I were to say something, because it's ZvZ, it wouldn't matter if it's Jaedong.

I don't quite get this, is he saying because its JvZ that he doesn't


Its because ZvZ is a silly matchup.
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
January 20 2011 23:30 GMT
#75
On January 21 2011 07:14 cujo2k wrote:
Man how did hydra get so good? He's even saying that he doesn't fear JD in zvz WTF? I don't think he'd beat JD but still.. it's really weird how good he's gotten since EffOrt retired. It's almost like he watched effort's replays over and over until he became a stud O_O

Obviously Effort in disguise.
God Bless
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 20 2011 23:39 GMT
#76
On January 21 2011 00:48 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 00:37 Lightwip wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:10 Holgerius wrote:
On January 20 2011 21:09 ShadeR wrote:
On January 20 2011 20:43 Seraphic wrote:
ooohhh wow. Stork, don't you DARE lose the series to Zero. After all you have done + knocking out Bisu on top of that. Don't...you...dare...lose.

Can't help but say wanting to switch Bisu and Stork around right now. -.-'

Don't be THAT Bisu fan.

They're all THAT Bisu fan...

Everyone has plenty of bandwagon fans. I've seen some KT ones too.
That doesn't mean they all are.

Bisu no doubt has the worst fanbase though. The ''Best Player of 2010'' poll is undisputable evidence of that.

That part I'll agree with, if only due to the sheer size of it.
But you yourself are not one above annoying fanboyism.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
January 20 2011 23:43 GMT
#77
Sure is zerg in this MSL. Everyone ready for Avalon 2.0?
Remember Violet.
Monkeyshark
Profile Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
January 20 2011 23:51 GMT
#78
On January 21 2011 08:43 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Sure is zerg in this MSL. Everyone ready for Avalon 2.0?


As long as Jaedong loses in the semi and Zero or Calms win its, I'm up for it.
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
January 20 2011 23:52 GMT
#79
Even though Kal is good, you can't ignore the natural racial imbalance in BoX, so I didn't worry about it too much.

Really, great? Last time I checked, the most dominant player in the PvZ matchup was a Protoss. I don't buy the ZvP imba anymore. Maybe it's easier to be the Zerg if you're not very skilled, but if you know what you're doing, Protoss is so strong. They definately have the best harrass potential of all, sairs, d/h templars and reavers. Even zealots are awesome for harrassing in this matchup, much more effective than zerglings. Overall, Protoss have much more cost-effective units than Zerg. If everybody played with black sheep wall, I could see the matchup being 70/30 in Protoss's favour.
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
January 21 2011 00:19 GMT
#80
Aww darn...Calm and Stork lost T.T

I dunno why but I really like Calm and it pains to see him lose. Even though he's gotten into the Ro8, he still seems a really shaky/weak player compared to Hydra (even though Hydra's good, it's depressing to see that Calm can't really win when it matters insofar as this series has progressed)...

Also Stork ... @milkis (comment about stork fanboys being terrible): do you mean the fanboys in the live, broadcasted games, or the ones online (like me :3).
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft505
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta106
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft494
PiGStarcraft470
RuFF_SC2 176
SpeCial 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1074
Hyuk 53
Bale 31
Noble 27
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
taco 606
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox777
C9.Mang0317
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor711
Other Games
summit1g10176
Coldzera 803
JimRising 510
Sick105
ViBE66
ArmadaUGS31
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo945
• Stunt261
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 27m
Online Event
7h 27m
FEL
12h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.