• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:06
CEST 20:06
KST 03:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8817 users

[Final Ep] Nal_rA's Oldboy Series - Page 12

Forum Index > BW General
3107 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 156 Next
onewingedmoogle
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada434 Posts
March 25 2010 01:31 GMT
#221
well if go.go could get into starleague.......... then NalrA's definitely going to qualify
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
March 25 2010 01:40 GMT
#222
okay sorry if I do this but:
Yo, Hyungjun I’m really happy for you, I’ll let you finish, but Nal_rA is one of the best progamer of all time. One of the best progamer of all time!

Plz don't flame me...lol
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 25 2010 01:47 GMT
#223
On March 25 2010 05:44 r33k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 03:43 Sixer wrote:
This is really depressing...to know his aspirations and see his face as the progamers rip on his game is so sad.

He looked really saddened... I'm almost tempted not to follow this show to avoid see a legend get shattered.

I'm sure Nal_rA has thoroughly considered the consequences of appearing on this show. It was even mentioned during the episode...along the lines of: what's the worst case? that even nal_ra's commentating will be thrown in doubt if he plays that poorly

so hopefully he's made preparations so that this situation won't come to pass.


As for players ripping into Nal_rA, just like hyungjoon, they need to make the player look as bad as possible at the beginning to make their improvement seem bigger. Remember that editing is very powerful in "reality" TV. They have hours of footage to choose from to create a short show.

For example, imagine I was talking about someone and said, "Alan is a great guy, but sometimes he's too strict, he never gives cookies to his son."
Editing could turn it into: "Alan...never gives cookies to his son."

Silly example, I guess.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
March 25 2010 01:55 GMT
#224
hope he'll do good
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
March 25 2010 02:10 GMT
#225
I like this better than Hyungjoon's show in many ways. Nal_Ra actually has potential to do well and to actually show his improvement to the community and his progamer friends. Nal_Ra hwaiting!
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
March 25 2010 02:43 GMT
#226
I know it might not make much of a difference in me saying this, as I'm just one sole TL.netter, but please, please continue to sub this series. That might have been the most enjoyable 20 minutes of a TV show I've watched in a long time. I thought the clip of it in the previous thread was hilarious, but seeing the entire show made that little bit so much better. It probably helps I've always been a huge Kang Min fan, but I think the show has merit beyond that.

Thanks so much!
Oh, my eSports
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
March 25 2010 02:48 GMT
#227
On March 25 2010 11:43 QibingZero wrote:
I know it might not make much of a difference in me saying this, as I'm just one sole TL.netter, but please, please continue to sub this series. That might have been the most enjoyable 20 minutes of a TV show I've watched in a long time. I thought the clip of it in the previous thread was hilarious, but seeing the entire show made that little bit so much better. It probably helps I've always been a huge Kang Min fan, but I think the show has merit beyond that.

Thanks so much!

Fan of the Jangbanger
ella_guru
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada1741 Posts
March 25 2010 03:36 GMT
#228
On March 25 2010 11:48 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 11:43 QibingZero wrote:
I know it might not make much of a difference in me saying this, as I'm just one sole TL.netter, but please, please continue to sub this series. That might have been the most enjoyable 20 minutes of a TV show I've watched in a long time. I thought the clip of it in the previous thread was hilarious, but seeing the entire show made that little bit so much better. It probably helps I've always been a huge Kang Min fan, but I think the show has merit beyond that.

Thanks so much!


Each day gets better : )
vek
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia936 Posts
March 25 2010 04:42 GMT
#229
Thank you very much for subbing this show, it was great.

I hope we get to see Nal_rA play again, his games were always entertaining to watch.
Wedge
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada580 Posts
March 25 2010 04:45 GMT
#230
Man, awesome.

TL steps up again when it matters.
stilz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States13 Posts
March 25 2010 04:46 GMT
#231
Thanks for the hard work!
It was especially interesting to see how some of the progamers interact with each other; usually we just seem them as gosu machines, but this kind of show brings out the humans in them. Thanks!
stilz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 04:50:46
March 25 2010 04:49 GMT
#232
[double post, sorry]
Fosh
Profile Joined January 2009
Sweden117 Posts
March 25 2010 04:50 GMT
#233
I love these shows because they give a sort of insight on the progamers life and what not, same with the other show (the korean boy band guy) even if it's to a lesser extent.

Great job by the TL sub team, thanks alot guys!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
March 25 2010 05:21 GMT
#234
OMG that was amazing <33

When I saw Nal Ra just walk up and say "Yellow..yellow!" and start talking with Yellow and reach, omg, best moment ever. My favorite trio of progamers -sniff-

Thanks so much, I will be eagerly awaiting next episodes!

Dreamer Toss fighting!
TranslatorBaa!
kli6891
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States143 Posts
March 25 2010 05:25 GMT
#235
On March 25 2010 12:36 ella_guru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 11:48 O-ops wrote:
On March 25 2010 11:43 QibingZero wrote:
I know it might not make much of a difference in me saying this, as I'm just one sole TL.netter, but please, please continue to sub this series. That might have been the most enjoyable 20 minutes of a TV show I've watched in a long time. I thought the clip of it in the previous thread was hilarious, but seeing the entire show made that little bit so much better. It probably helps I've always been a huge Kang Min fan, but I think the show has merit beyond that.

Thanks so much!




Well, I'm the 3rd!
dobbersp
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States94 Posts
March 25 2010 06:00 GMT
#236
Thank you so much or subbing this!!!
I heart you guys!

d:- D
though the dark may come, the Sun also rises.
LuDwig-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Italy1143 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 06:16:10
March 25 2010 06:15 GMT
#237
there will any other episode from nal ra practice?

and when starleague qualifiers will start?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120015&currentpage=98<--Search the HotBid's Post
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 06:21:42
March 25 2010 06:20 GMT
#238
On March 25 2010 10:03 Foucault wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 21:14 StarBrift wrote:
I dislike how the producer behaved towards Nal_rA when he said he needed to proove himself before he could get a practise room. DUDE you're talking to one of the legends of progaming. If he works hardcore he has a decent chance imo. Nal_rA's playstyle is the perfect one for tournament play also. His mind games and strategical thinking is on such a level that he might go through in bo1s.

But even if one were to argue that he has no chance in hell you don't act like that to a legend of the game imo.


He will get raped by zergs. The man said it himself "PvZ is hard".

Then again he might get lucky and face only terrans, but I still don't see him getting into Starleague tbh.

You say "Lee Yoon Yeol forever."
Well guess who's better.
Nal_rA owned him like a boss,
proving he is the one and only Dreamer Toss.
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
LiB
Profile Joined March 2010
Peru6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 22:45:36
March 25 2010 22:25 GMT
#239
[image loading]


Idra: Protoss!!

Nal_ra: Yes!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
Did you notice that idra also used this against mangggong on TSL rep pack? ^.^
Lima-Los Olivos
Sixer
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States278 Posts
March 25 2010 22:36 GMT
#240
this show is infinitely better than the hyungjoon one regardless of whether or not kang min actually succeeds. the hyungjoon one is embarrassing because he clearly has no potential. this, on the other hand, is kind of strange because of the progamers ripping on kang min. i mean, HE BEAT GO.GO IN THE REPLAY. didn't go.go just smash bisu in the osl? i know bisu isn't in top form, but that should still scream that nal_ra has potential.
YO MAN~YOGA PARTY BABY
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 156 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22592
Calm 3916
Mini 334
Mind 86
910 84
Free 55
Trap 39
Aegong 28
soO 24
Noble 7
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7986
XaKoH 444
canceldota3
Counter-Strike
fl0m5340
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2927
Other Games
singsing1992
FrodaN737
Beastyqt627
B2W.Neo606
mouzStarbuck245
Livibee192
C9.Mang0142
Trikslyr140
RotterdaM112
Khaldor88
KnowMe88
QueenE70
Liquid`Hasu39
BRAT_OK 37
ZombieGrub14
MindelVK13
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2457
Other Games
• Shiphtur798
• imaqtpie579
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 54m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 54m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.