• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:26
CEST 14:26
KST 21:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9811 users

[Interview] Korean Air OSL Ro36 Group J Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Lyriene *
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States346 Posts
March 12 2010 14:35 GMT
#1
Spoiler Alert!!!

+ Show Spoiler +



Korean Air OSL Ro36 Group J
Winner: (T)BaBy
“I’ll play in the league in order to learn”


[image loading]


Q: How do you feel about advancing to your first Ro16
A: I feel really excited. I’ll try my best in the main league in order to rise to a higher place. My first goal is Ro8.

Q: You dominated (Z)Jaedong, who was one of the favorites to win
A: We practice a lot together so I analyzed him a lot, and I was able to win thanks to luck. I personally think that I still lack a lot of skill, so I want to become better in televised matches.

Q: You can go for the youngest Royal Roader
A: Rather than the youngest, I want to shoot for the most number of wins or the most number of titles now.

Q: Your last game was impressive
A: I think that when you’re in a disadvantage, you should risk something in order to shorten the gap. I played that game thinking that way, but because it worked so well, the game turned into my favor

Q: What do you think would have happened if Jaedong had 1 more Lurker in his first attack
A: I have no idea. It was the first time facing a strategy like that, but I was used to it from Hero’s Lurkers in the previous match.

Q: Your last game against (Z)hero was also fierce
A: That was also my first time playing against the strategy, but I chose to make Wraiths instead of Dropships. I thought that it would be too late to use Vessels to kill Defilers.

Q: What was the hardest game?
A: My 2nd game against Jaedong was the hardest. Because I took the lead so quickly from a disadvantageous situation, I was shaken mentally as well.

Q: What did you think when you were set for Ro16
A: I thought “I finally advanced”.

Q: You only had to practice TvZ
A: It was comfortable. I think that had a huge affect on me today.

Q: You’re a dual leaguer now.
A: I don’t think my skills fit to be a dual leaguer yet, so I’ll practice my hardest until the Group Selections and show good games.

Q: It must be your first group selection
A: I will have to ask people for advice.

Q: Anything else?
A: I thank my fans who came to cheer for me, and rather than thinking about winning, I’ll play in order to learn.

Original Article: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=104828&db=interview

+ Show Spoiler +

- 첫 16강 진출 소감은
▲ 처음 올라간 거라서 설렌다. 본선에 가서도 높은 곳까지 올라갈 수 있도록 열심히 하겠다. 일단 첫 번째 목표는 8강이다.

- 우승후보인 이제동을 2:0으로 완파했는데
▲ 연습을 많이 하는 사이라서 스타일을 잘 파악했었고 운이 잘 따라주기도 해서 이길 수 있었다. 개인적으로 실력이 부족하다고 생각하기 때문에 모든 방송 경기를 통해서 실력을 더 쌓고 싶다.

- 최연소 로열로더 타이틀도 노려볼 수 있게 됐다
▲ 이제는 최연소라는 타이틀보다는 최다승, 최다 우승 이런 타이틀이 붙을 수 있도록 만들고 싶다.

- 마지막 경기가 인상적이었다
▲ 개인적으로 불리할 때는 변수를 두어서 차이를 좁혀야 한다는 생각이다. 이번에도 그런 생각으로 게임을 했는데 그게 너무 많이 이득을 봐서 오히려 불리했던 상황이 유리해 졌던 것 같다.

- 1세트에서 이제동의 첫 공격에서 러커 1기가 더 있었다면 어땠을까
▲ 그건 잘 모르겠다. 처음 당해 본 전략이었지만 그 전 경기에서 (조)일장이형한테 러커를 당했기때문에 적응이 됐던 것 같다.

- 조일장과의 마지막 경기도 치열했는데
▲ 그 때도 처음 당해본 전략이었는데 어떻게 손이 가다 보니까 드랍십 이후에 레이스를 선택했다. 베슬로 디파일러를 잡기에는 타이밍이 너무 늦었다고 생각했다.

- 어떤 경기가 가장 힘들었나
▲ 제동이형이랑 했던 두 번째 경기가 가장 힘들었다. 오히려 상황이 갑자기 유리해져서 정신적으로 흔들렸던 것 같다.

- 16강을 확정 지었을 때 든 생각은 뭐였나
▲ ‘이제 드디어 올라가는구나’ 하고 생각했다.

- 저그전만 연습하면 되는 상황이었는데
▲ 그래서 더 편했다. 그런 점도 이번 진출에 큰 영향을 끼쳤던 것 같다.

- 이제 당당한 양대리거다
▲ 아직 양대리거에 어울리는 실력은 아니라고 생각하기 때문에 조지명식 전까지라도 열심히 연습해서 좋은 모습 보여 드리고 싶다.

- 조지명식도 처음일 텐데
▲ 먼저 올라갔던 선배들에게 조언을 구해봐야 할 것 같다.

- 하고 싶은 말이 있다면
▲ “응원 와 주신 팬들에게 감사하고 첫 진출인데 이긴다는 생각보다 배운다는 생각으로 경기에 임하도록 하겠습니다.”






Source: www.fomos.kr (Fomos)
Translatorlolol
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-12 14:53:19
March 12 2010 14:37 GMT
#2
Nice, thanks Lyriene!
+ Show Spoiler +
And the OSL winner will be...
+ Show Spoiler +
Flash!
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
March 12 2010 14:38 GMT
#3
Speedy as usual. Thanks for the translation!
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-12 14:47:28
March 12 2010 14:43 GMT
#4
Qualifier rounds are always rounds of upsets. Thanks for the translation!

P.S. I hate how progamers give super generic answers to everything...I mean...come on...
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
March 12 2010 14:46 GMT
#5
Thanks Lyriene!

Baby seems like a good kid, hope he does well in both leagues
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
March 12 2010 14:50 GMT
#6
I thank thee, translator bonjwa!

Baby is evil.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-12 14:55:26
March 12 2010 14:55 GMT
#7
On March 12 2010 23:43 dukethegold wrote:
Qualifier rounds are always rounds of upsets. Thanks for the translation!

P.S. I hate how progamers give super generic answers to everything...I mean...come on...

There's a reason why Stork's a fan favorite.

I hope Baby fails miserably in both leagues.
God Bless
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8195 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-12 15:04:21
March 12 2010 15:01 GMT
#8
Baby will go very very very far. He is extremely young, incredibly talented, already very skilled, and knows his weaknesses. At this stage, most people would say "lololol I'm better than JD, I'll win everything, look at me". Baby, instead, wants to improve because he is not yet satisfied of himself, and of his skill.

Insatisfaction, that what makes champions. Self satisfied people don't get anywhere.

Good luck to him.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
saritenite
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Singapore1680 Posts
March 12 2010 15:07 GMT
#9
On March 12 2010 23:55 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2010 23:43 dukethegold wrote:
Qualifier rounds are always rounds of upsets. Thanks for the translation!

P.S. I hate how progamers give super generic answers to everything...I mean...come on...

There's a reason why Stork's a fan favorite.

I hope Baby fails miserably in both leagues.


Here's to hoping Stork v Flash finals
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 12 2010 15:08 GMT
#10
Y_Y Jaedong.
Oh well good luck BaBy...
I really can't believe there's going to be an OSL without Jaedong...
(At least this way he can concentrate on winning MSL again?)
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-12 15:14:56
March 12 2010 15:12 GMT
#11
On March 12 2010 23:55 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2010 23:43 dukethegold wrote:
Qualifier rounds are always rounds of upsets. Thanks for the translation!

P.S. I hate how progamers give super generic answers to everything...I mean...come on...

There's a reason why Stork's a fan favorite.

I hope Baby fails miserably in both leagues.


Yeah. I am totally rooting for Stork to take both Finals.

Or at least dual silvers lol.

I don't hate Baby...but...I honestly don't see him going very far at all in the dual leagues. He has no experience with the big leagues and he lacks confidence. Moreover, he may still have PL obligations as well. He is not mentally prepared for the stress load that is associated with dual leaguers. His skill level isn't quite up to par with the best yet. I think he will fail pretty miserably very early in the leagues.
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
March 12 2010 15:16 GMT
#12
Wow baby isnt even gloating that hes winning, and all the Jaedong fans lay the hate on him so hard. Calm down
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
March 12 2010 15:34 GMT
#13
Yeah, can't believe some of the negative attitudes towards Baby. As if Baby is somehow to blame for actually playing to win...and winning!
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
March 12 2010 15:35 GMT
#14
first goal is ro8. taking baby steps, i see! :D
PanoRaMa
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States5070 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-12 16:01:32
March 12 2010 16:01 GMT
#15
OMG yeahhhh baby!! Been so happy for him ever since his proleague domination and his qualification into the survivor leagues of osl/msl. Most underrated player, definitely gonna be big in a matter of years (think how much TIME he has to get absolutely beast at this game).
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
March 12 2010 16:10 GMT
#16
Baby is starting to look like a mini flash
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
March 12 2010 16:14 GMT
#17
Baby is so modest, but he's been doing pretty well recently, and is at his ELO peak (even though its only 2137).
I hope he transitions into SC2 eventually.
C[SCL]
Profile Joined April 2009
Philippines576 Posts
March 12 2010 16:23 GMT
#18
Why do I get this feeling that the OSL, being sponsored by a Korean airline, would probably end up as a TvT? Anyone else feel this? lol
BISU FAN FOREVER|Really fan.. really.|Flash, please get all the golds. k thx
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-12 16:26:50
March 12 2010 16:26 GMT
#19
i don't really see another terran getting to the finals

besides that special someone
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
March 12 2010 16:30 GMT
#20
On March 12 2010 23:55 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2010 23:43 dukethegold wrote:
Qualifier rounds are always rounds of upsets. Thanks for the translation!

P.S. I hate how progamers give super generic answers to everything...I mean...come on...

There's a reason why Stork's a fan favorite.

I hope Baby fails miserably in both leagues.

Yeah, almost fell asleep after the second question; feel bad for the interviewers who want some answers that aren't the same every time.

Anyone know if the korean community complains about this also?
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 933
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings236
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42889
Shuttle 12388
FanTaSy 1747
Hyuk 1175
BeSt 564
Horang2 534
Pusan 347
Mini 323
Stork 255
EffOrt 197
[ Show more ]
Last 157
Zeus 151
Killer 136
Mind 92
sorry 63
Hyun 62
Snow 53
ggaemo 49
PianO 48
Soma 48
Sea.KH 45
ToSsGirL 36
hero 30
Hm[arnc] 29
Bale 29
Aegong 19
JYJ 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 10
NaDa 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi914
XcaliburYe363
Counter-Strike
fl0m2157
byalli928
x6flipin442
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu251
Other Games
gofns41343
singsing3134
B2W.Neo1045
Hui .152
Livibee136
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• swagsyndrome_0
League of Legends
• Nemesis917
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 34m
Replay Cast
10h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.