• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:29
CEST 11:29
KST 18:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9833 users

The End Of An Era - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 21 2010 23:34 GMT
#61
looool ! SORRY DRAGON YOU RACE PICKING MOFO
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
TAD[nnilf]
Profile Joined February 2010
United States191 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-22 02:54:38
February 21 2010 23:44 GMT
#62
This is truly sad news to me... I commend Duran and the team for all of their accomplishments and skill throughout the years... Running a team is far from easy, and all of the LAN's Xeris hosted brought the community closer and closer together.

P.S. Xeris - If you could give me some tips/advice on setting up LAN's and some popular locations to host them, that would be much appreciated! Thanks man, and I wish you luck with whatever you do in the future!

LighT will live forever in our memories
In America!
StRyKeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States1755 Posts
February 21 2010 23:53 GMT
#63
I'm very picky when it comes to teams. In my entire Brood War career, I've only been with two. After playing a few games against Gretorp (I rolled him ezpz, what a noob user) I knew LighT (eX at the time I joined) was legit. I was thrilled to be accepted. I finally felt like I was part of an online gaming family.

For a long time it was that way. I would show up, practice with team members, talk shit, participate in clan wars, etc. I didn't win many games at first, but eventually started getting some wins. I loved hanging out with the members and it kept my interest in SC going. I thank Xeris, JiYan, and Gretorp especially for making the team what it was.

I'm very saddened by this news. With SC2 on the horizon, I can't help but feel that SC is slowly being forgotten.
Ars longa, vita brevis, principia aeturna.
Headlines
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States482 Posts
February 22 2010 00:15 GMT
#64
On February 22 2010 08:53 StRyKeR wrote:
I'm very picky when it comes to teams. In my entire Brood War career, I've only been with two. After playing a few games against Gretorp (I rolled him ezpz, what a noob user) I knew LighT (eX at the time I joined) was legit. I was thrilled to be accepted. I finally felt like I was part of an online gaming family.

For a long time it was that way. I would show up, practice with team members, talk shit, participate in clan wars, etc. I didn't win many games at first, but eventually started getting some wins. I loved hanging out with the members and it kept my interest in SC going. I thank Xeris, JiYan, and Gretorp especially for making the team what it was.

I'm very saddened by this news. With SC2 on the horizon, I can't help but feel that SC is slowly being forgotten.


Someone said said to me, don't be sad that it is gone, be happy that you lived through it!

Starcraft was a great experience, and it will always be a good memory. I am very blessed to have experienced such a great game!
OminouS
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1343 Posts
February 22 2010 00:29 GMT
#65
FBH like in The FBH? Cool !

Gl in the future. Well written.

I guess we haven't seen the last of the players though
On the 6th day JF made Reavers and on the 7th day JF put his opponent to rest
Gretorp
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States586 Posts
February 22 2010 00:37 GMT
#66
I've met so many good friends here, and It makes me so sad to see this happen. I've only been on the team for about a year, but it was the best year of my brood war life. I love you guys so much.

thank you.

Thank you Duran especially. You've been more than amazing, and a great friend.
I am Unheard Change
purgerinho
Profile Joined June 2008
Croatia919 Posts
February 22 2010 00:42 GMT
#67
sad... rox and now light
SUMMARIZED (by DeMu): You CANNOT surprise a top level Protoss with a build
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 22 2010 00:57 GMT
#68
I guess somethings like this were bound to happen with sc2 coming and some older players deciding to not come along with it. It's a shame though because I have always liked light. When sMi was in it's prime it was always fun for the two most competitive North American teams to battle it out.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
SkylineSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States564 Posts
February 22 2010 01:01 GMT
#69
this was a good team

gl
TS-Rupbar
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Sweden1089 Posts
February 22 2010 01:09 GMT
#70
I remember LighT and I used to play with some of the guys on east when I was in (i2). Whenever I would see LighT in news, I thought about good manner and good team spirit. Not many teams manage to keep such a high standard in that long a time.

Sad to see you guys go.
YPang
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States4024 Posts
February 22 2010 01:13 GMT
#71
On February 22 2010 08:44 TAD[Life] wrote:
This is truly sad news to me... I commend Duran and the team for all of their accomplishments and skill throughout the years... Running a team is far from easy, and all of the LAN's Xeris hosted brought the community closer and closer together.

Ironically, I, Mack 'TAD[Life]' Flinn, have recently created a new All-American based team called 'The American Dream Team'. This team is only one week old, and we have set the bar high. With SC2 nearing closer, and Brood War at its peak, I have assembled some of the best leadership in the country to form this new team. Our goal is to further the game of Starcraft, and e-Sports in general in America, and to make it more "commonplace". I will be looking to start hosting LAN's in the future and organizing various trips in the country. If any old U.S. Pandemic players are now in search for a team, I urge you to consider this project. We have a nice member base so far, all we need is support to get the ball rolling!

P.S. Xeris - If you could give me some tips/advice on setting up LAN's and some popular locations to host them, that would be much appreciated! Thanks man, and I wish you luck with whatever you do in the future!

LighT will live forever in our memories

Never a better place to advertise.
sMi.Gladstone | BW: B high| SC2: gold T_T
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
February 22 2010 01:17 GMT
#72
LighT was always an awesome team. Sad to hear this...

(Now is sMi.'s chance for global domination)
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 22 2010 01:19 GMT
#73
Yes, the real FBH was in the team. We had a Croatian Terran back in the day named Deadman who was a HUGE fan of FBH - he ended up stalking FBH on West and somehow convinced him to join because we were and english speaking team and could help him with his english. He didn't join to play for us or anything, just to practice english.

So he posted on on forums from time to time and came on PGT every so often. A few of the members didn't believe it was him until we saw him play a few games against some of the guys and he was getting insane APM's and such. We also had a few Korean people (NighT for example) who spoke to him a bit in Korean.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
GW.Methos
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States249 Posts
February 22 2010 01:22 GMT
#74
i love that picture of kawaii getting hugged lol
i.pwn.n00bs
ZZangDreamjOy
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada959 Posts
February 22 2010 01:24 GMT
#75
On February 22 2010 08:44 TAD[Life] wrote:
This is truly sad news to me... I commend Duran and the team for all of their accomplishments and skill throughout the years... Running a team is far from easy, and all of the LAN's Xeris hosted brought the community closer and closer together.

Ironically, I, Mack 'TAD[Life]' Flinn, have recently created a new All-American based team called 'The American Dream Team'. This team is only one week old, and we have set the bar high. With SC2 nearing closer, and Brood War at its peak, I have assembled some of the best leadership in the country to form this new team. Our goal is to further the game of Starcraft, and e-Sports in general in America, and to make it more "commonplace". I will be looking to start hosting LAN's in the future and organizing various trips in the country. If any old U.S. Pandemic players are now in search for a team, I urge you to consider this project. We have a nice member base so far, all we need is support to get the ball rolling!

P.S. Xeris - If you could give me some tips/advice on setting up LAN's and some popular locations to host them, that would be much appreciated! Thanks man, and I wish you luck with whatever you do in the future!

LighT will live forever in our memories

It's quite heartless to post a recruitment post in a thread about a great team dying. Also, who the hell would want to be in a team that only allows in USA players, and has a terrible tag. lol
HitEmUp
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 22 2010 01:33 GMT
#76
<3 LighT RIP. I was actually a light fan for a while, I loved when Bandit played. I remember watching a game of his on rpoint. It was this crazy hour long ZvP where he raped face.

I think it was posted on here, but I can't find the rep. Oh well. If you remember epic[light] he was a friend of mine too. I think he was in LighT around 2006ish
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
SkepTicAL
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada872 Posts
February 22 2010 01:34 GMT
#77
On February 22 2010 07:14 never_Nal wrote:
NOOOOOOO, I wanted to get in to this team , ever since I saw an Aerials Replay, i was in love with the team

<3, makes it feel worthwhile to play with nice comments like that .
AeriALsLighT @AerialsLight
SkepTicAL
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada872 Posts
February 22 2010 01:35 GMT
#78
On February 22 2010 03:34 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2010 02:54 iamtt1 wrote:
=[ we had a good run, hopefully we can all stick together and have more fun times in the future

btw look at this greek on the right going to a lan dressed up like hes going to the beach LOL <3
[image loading]



yep rofl. his shorts even match the situation's
[image loading]

THATS CUZ I AM THE SITUATION
AeriALsLighT @AerialsLight
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
February 22 2010 01:48 GMT
#79
great post. rest in peace team light
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
TAD[nnilf]
Profile Joined February 2010
United States191 Posts
February 22 2010 02:35 GMT
#80
On February 22 2010 10:24 ZZangDreamjOy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2010 08:44 TAD[Life] wrote:
This is truly sad news to me... I commend Duran and the team for all of their accomplishments and skill throughout the years... Running a team is far from easy, and all of the LAN's Xeris hosted brought the community closer and closer together.

Ironically, I, Mack 'TAD[Life]' Flinn, have recently created a new All-American based team called 'The American Dream Team'. This team is only one week old, and we have set the bar high. With SC2 nearing closer, and Brood War at its peak, I have assembled some of the best leadership in the country to form this new team. Our goal is to further the game of Starcraft, and e-Sports in general in America, and to make it more "commonplace". I will be looking to start hosting LAN's in the future and organizing various trips in the country. If any old U.S. Pandemic players are now in search for a team, I urge you to consider this project. We have a nice member base so far, all we need is support to get the ball rolling!

P.S. Xeris - If you could give me some tips/advice on setting up LAN's and some popular locations to host them, that would be much appreciated! Thanks man, and I wish you luck with whatever you do in the future!

LighT will live forever in our memories

It's quite heartless to post a recruitment post in a thread about a great team dying. Also, who the hell would want to be in a team that only allows in USA players, and has a terrible tag. lol


I am only trying to give the players that were in Pan a home after everything they had known was just let go... so it's quite the opposite of heartless, i did it for consideration -.- . Not to mention, I am friends with Duran, and the last thing I'd want to do is upset him or anyone else from Pan.
In America!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2276
Bisu 470
Hyuk 422
Killer 105
Dewaltoss 94
Larva 91
Leta 80
Sexy 78
EffOrt 76
Soma 68
[ Show more ]
ZerO 62
Light 49
ToSsGirL 47
soO 41
Yoon 34
Sharp 34
Aegong 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 20
NaDa 16
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Shinee 13
JulyZerg 10
Rush 8
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1111
byalli779
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1056
crisheroes554
Other Games
gofns30060
singsing1473
olofmeister999
ceh9659
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2389
League of Legends
• Stunt404
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 31m
OSC
12h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.