• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9392 users

The End Of An Era - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
February 24 2010 01:42 GMT
#121
RIP
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 24 2010 02:08 GMT
#122
It means a lot to me that this thread has gone 7 pages, I'm glad people appreciated what we did, and ofc all the current / former / etc members !! <3 everyone
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
OctoPuSs
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Canada5279 Posts
February 24 2010 02:34 GMT
#123
Much <3 Duran! You are a wonderful human being
Depression is just a sarcastic state of mind. Liquid`HerO Fighting!
Future_sc
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States783 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-24 03:56:58
February 24 2010 03:27 GMT
#124
Yeah, it was a great run, and I honestly wish it did not come to an end. It was great seeing Light achieve such great things.

I remember back when I was leading the clan, it got rough for about 2 months when basically the whole roster left, and it was just B_Saint and myself left to keep this team alive.This is why we had a rough time in our transition to div 2 because all our good players left for one reason or another, and the clan war lineups were Me, B_saint, 2 forfeits, and B_saint + myself for the 2v2 so we basically had to win out to get a 3-2 victory, and we did that once and finished 1-7 lol. Thankfully some of the former players came back, and I also went out to recruit some young talent to just breathe activity and fun back into the team. I passed the leadership down to Hap in 2005, because I was about to go to college and could not allocate the amount of time I felt it took to be a good leader. Hap did a good job leading, and I was happy I left it in his hands, and Xeris did a marvelous job in growing the team and really pushing it to that next level. It was nice to see my long time dream finally come true which was seeing Light become a powerhouse in the BW scene.

My emotions are very mixed right now because Light has been my home for the longest of the current players on the team (and managers), and it came to an abrupt end. It just kind of hit home today for me. I really have nothing else to say. I am just very sad the team had to be disbanded, and perhaps it will be resurrected one day.

Light 4 Life.

-Future[LighT]
Twitter @Future_sc Twitch.tv/Future_sc
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
February 24 2010 03:29 GMT
#125
I can't imagine how u guys feel.

It was also interesting reading the history of LighT and it's members. I was unaware future played such a vital role in the beginning.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
anotak
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1537 Posts
February 24 2010 05:37 GMT
#126
sad to see a clan go. when I started BW i knew y'all as 50cal, they were some of the first replays I watched ever. they were of y'all.. like literally right after i watched my first boxer reps this was what i saw, it was some amazing, inspirational shit to me at the time. sad to see you guys leave, but i understand the reasons a lot. i wish you all good luck in the future.
Alastair[LighT]
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada2 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-24 07:04:05
February 24 2010 06:31 GMT
#127
That was a fun read (except for the part where you said you hated me lol). Good job Duran (aka Xeris).

I'll always remember the time when Future and I beat Testie and Veg in a 2v2 game. Veg got taken out the game pretty early by future and I. About 10 minutes into the game Future got taken out by Testie but we managed to hurt Testie's main pretty badly. After future fell it was just me vs Testie 1v1. The game was 45 minutes long but in the end I took him down 1v1 and we managed to come out on top!

Another one of my favourite memories was when I first joined (3 months after LighT was created). Future recruited me after I beat him in a best of 3 series 2-1. We then went on that very same night to play 20 2v2 games in a row. I don't remember what our record was but it was pretty good, probably like 14-6. In case anyone was wondering, this all happened on WGT in late 2002.

I'll also remember when Future and I went a perfect 8-0 in 2v2 to help get team light into division 3 for the first time ever on WGT. During those days we were the team's #1 2v2 team. A lot of our clan wars were tied 2-2 and it was up to Future and I to get us the win. We always pulled through for LighT that season
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 24 2010 07:30 GMT
#128
Yo Ala
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
March 01 2010 00:43 GMT
#129
Senator <3
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
March 01 2010 07:32 GMT
#130
I remember when Joel and I worked for like 6-7 hours one day practicing/figuring out shuttle speed AI and how to effectively drop / pick up reavers and such. Ahh I miss those days when I played really seriously and wanted to be very good.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
March 01 2010 07:43 GMT
#131
oh
my
GOD

it's Ala....
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Exteray
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1094 Posts
March 01 2010 08:16 GMT
#132
Good read! Firebathero was in the team? :o :o
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
March 01 2010 08:53 GMT
#133
Nice team, sad that it died while Sc2 came, why not continue with SC2?
but Xeris u made the good move to move on to a sponsored and famous team out there.
gl with that, and gl to every player that's clanless atm from Light
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
PhailSoBaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States281 Posts
March 01 2010 10:27 GMT
#134
On February 23 2010 10:55 Metal[x] wrote:
we are all joining (OD)!


Sarcasm aside. This sounds like a great idea to me ^^
And speaking of which (OD) is pretty old too not to toot any horns
Ballins a habbit i want it i grab it
Predator_au
Profile Joined February 2009
Australia93 Posts
March 01 2010 10:45 GMT
#135
Happy to say I believe Chosen was one of the nicest and most skilled members I got to meet.

He would of smashed it up if he played more consistently.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
LG)cheloman
Profile Joined June 2004
Argentina159 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-01 15:05:21
March 01 2010 14:59 GMT
#136
On February 23 2010 04:24 SpaNiarD wrote:
LRM is older than LighT and ToT, founded in 2000


That is not true
LRM was founded later in 2003, after the 0rk0 team.
LG, its even older than you and LighT. We are playing before that WGT CL started.

The only active team that I remember older than LG are ToT and iG
LG)cheloman
Profile Joined June 2004
Argentina159 Posts
March 01 2010 15:01 GMT
#137
BTW Xeris, goog luck and its really sad your news.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
March 01 2010 15:27 GMT
#138
On March 01 2010 19:27 PhailSoBaller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2010 10:55 Metal[x] wrote:
we are all joining (OD)!


Sarcasm aside. This sounds like a great idea to me ^^
And speaking of which (OD) is pretty old too not to toot any horns


Yes but they don't have that many accomplishments in the competitive scene. They still have a place in history for those of us who grew up on the USEast server

On February 24 2010 15:31 Alastair[LighT] wrote:
That was a fun read (except for the part where you said you hated me lol). Good job Duran (aka Xeris).

I'll always remember the time when Future and I beat Testie and Veg in a 2v2 game. Veg got taken out the game pretty early by future and I. About 10 minutes into the game Future got taken out by Testie but we managed to hurt Testie's main pretty badly. After future fell it was just me vs Testie 1v1. The game was 45 minutes long but in the end I took him down 1v1 and we managed to come out on top!

Another one of my favourite memories was when I first joined (3 months after LighT was created). Future recruited me after I beat him in a best of 3 series 2-1. We then went on that very same night to play 20 2v2 games in a row. I don't remember what our record was but it was pretty good, probably like 14-6. In case anyone was wondering, this all happened on WGT in late 2002.

I'll also remember when Future and I went a perfect 8-0 in 2v2 to help get team light into division 3 for the first time ever on WGT. During those days we were the team's #1 2v2 team. A lot of our clan wars were tied 2-2 and it was up to Future and I to get us the win. We always pulled through for LighT that season



Whoa ALA where you been at?!!?!
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Newblish
Profile Joined November 2004
Canada116 Posts
March 02 2010 19:36 GMT
#139
Very well written Duran. Even though I haven't played competitively for about 3 years now this thread brings back a slew of great memories that will not soon be forgotten. It's funny that you made reference to me by how we spent hours on end trying to master the speed shuttle and drop timing/acceleration mechanics because i remember that quite well. What hilarious yet great times those were!

I remember hanging out with you prior/during WCG Canada 2007 in the summer at Mitch's place with Ben/Paul/Ryan. Remember when Mitch slammed on the breaks in the car not knowing we didn't have ABS breaks and we almost got into an accident? Just hilarious. <3 Mitch
I do however regret not having been able to play in that tournament that summer. I remember having been told by a variety of sources that no doubt I would be able to play because there were two open spots(of which freaky and some other guy I dont remember ended up claiming even though they too had not qualified prior). It was the only reason I came to Kitchener/Toronto and I had high hopes that i would participate considering I felt I was easily better than at least half of the people there. It sucked for me because I had practiced hardcore with Mitch for 2 weeks straight prior to the tournament and both of us were easily on top of our games. That being said, it was alot of fun and i certainly would do it again if this game were not on the brink of dying.

Although i was not in LighT for too long(maybe 1.5 years) it was my final team before I left this game which is why it will always have a place in my heart. It's sad that this great game is nearing its end for good, but at least sc2 is coming. Though i dont know if i will be competitive enough to play sc2 on a high level i will certainly buy it and hopefully have a chance to play with all of you guys again in the near future. Perhaps [LighT] can be reborn just for old time sake and we can enjoy the game on a social level instead of a competitive one. Once again, thanks Duran for your great leadership and for keeping the team together for so long. It will be missed.

P.S - If you're wondering what Mitch is up to, i recently met up with him in August when he visited Ottawa. He was working on starting his own business with a college friend of his and came to Ottawa to offer a proposal to a business prospect in the city. I still need to ask him how it went.
Oh and - I still play BW for fun on east from time to time. I play random games here and there every so often, usually random zero clutter/BGH games/etc :d . If anyone wants to play a game or two for fun, i still log on from time to time for a game.

Senator[LighT]
_Bandit_
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada115 Posts
March 03 2010 12:25 GMT
#140
Damn, that is sad news :-(

I'd say we had some really good times though, I'll never forget all you guys.

And special thanks to Duran - I think without you LighT never would have gotten anywhere near the level it did.

If I get some time (at work now) I will post some more memories later.

- Mitch (Bandit)
Bandit[LighT]
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2417
Bisu 531
Hyuk 436
Killer 117
Larva 101
Dewaltoss 94
EffOrt 87
Leta 84
Sexy 83
Soma 69
[ Show more ]
ZerO 66
ToSsGirL 48
BeSt 47
Light 43
soO 42
Sharp 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
Sacsri 21
Shinee 15
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
NaDa 14
Rush 12
JulyZerg 8
Terrorterran 2
Britney 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1111
byalli779
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1056
crisheroes525
Other Games
gofns30060
singsing1473
olofmeister999
ceh9659
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS47
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2353
League of Legends
• Stunt404
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 29m
OSC
12h 29m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.