• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:43
CEST 00:43
KST 07:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War365.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7676 users

Are Custom Hotkeys Legal on Iccup?

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Aux
Profile Joined April 2009
United States78 Posts
January 24 2010 06:34 GMT
#1
Is it legal to use modified hotkeys on Iccup ladder games?
StarCraft 2: Auxtron.961
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
January 24 2010 06:35 GMT
#2
No. Never in competitive play is that allowed.
NeCroPoTeNce
Profile Joined July 2009
United States513 Posts
January 24 2010 06:36 GMT
#3
And by modified hotkey you mean what?
zerg all the way! Lee Jaedong hwaiting
Aux
Profile Joined April 2009
United States78 Posts
January 24 2010 06:38 GMT
#4
Like using 'Q' instead of 'P' for probe construction.
StarCraft 2: Auxtron.961
mmp
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2130 Posts
January 24 2010 06:41 GMT
#5
I hear remapping capslock to ctrl through the OS works in Broodwar, so I imagine any remappings you want would also work.
I (λ (foo) (and (<3 foo) ( T_T foo) (RAGE foo) )) Starcraft
Aux
Profile Joined April 2009
United States78 Posts
January 24 2010 06:42 GMT
#6
Well, they do work; but the question is their legality on iccup.
StarCraft 2: Auxtron.961
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
January 24 2010 06:45 GMT
#7
Afaik, remapping keys is never legal in tournament situations and high level competitive play, and is most likely illegal on iccup too (or at least considered unfair/dishonorable if not outright banned).
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
January 24 2010 06:47 GMT
#8
key remapping was legal at all the WCGs I went to (including grand finals)
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-24 06:53:18
January 24 2010 06:49 GMT
#9
Koreans are cleearly not allowed to or all of them would do it. I assume that it isn't allowed, but there might not be any set rules yet that restrict hotkey reprogramming.

Of course, unless you played at a live event, no one could ever catch you so it would be easy to get away with.

It is extemely unsportsmanly to give oneself such an advatage, so in order to preserve integrity, I would not reccomend it.

EDIT: whoah it is legal? does anyone know any high level gamers that do it?
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
January 24 2010 06:51 GMT
#10
Its more of a convenience and play style then atv, SC2 will have it so why not be ready for it anyway?
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
mmp
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2130 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-24 06:53:33
January 24 2010 06:52 GMT
#11
How will anyone know if you remap your keys? If it can't be enforced, it's a meaningless rule.

Only at LANs can this sort of thing be checked.
I (λ (foo) (and (<3 foo) ( T_T foo) (RAGE foo) )) Starcraft
Aux
Profile Joined April 2009
United States78 Posts
January 24 2010 06:54 GMT
#12
Well I wouldn't want to have an unfair advantage at someone else's expense.
StarCraft 2: Auxtron.961
Aux
Profile Joined April 2009
United States78 Posts
January 24 2010 06:54 GMT
#13
But then again, I do want to prepare for SC2.
StarCraft 2: Auxtron.961
Aux
Profile Joined April 2009
United States78 Posts
January 24 2010 07:00 GMT
#14
So I take it that they're legal?
StarCraft 2: Auxtron.961
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
January 24 2010 07:04 GMT
#15
It's more of an unspoken rule that people don't remap, but I wouldn't worry about it.
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
Jarvs
Profile Joined December 2009
Australia639 Posts
January 24 2010 07:07 GMT
#16
It should definitely be legal.

I play with customkeys for War3, and while it is a bitch to install at LAN events (need to paste a .txt file in to the root directory), it is totally legal.
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
January 24 2010 07:08 GMT
#17
On January 24 2010 15:47 Day[9] wrote:
key remapping was legal at all the WCGs I went to (including grand finals)

Oh shit, I'm all kinds of wrong.
SuperKiller
Profile Joined December 2004
United States97 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-24 07:10:22
January 24 2010 07:09 GMT
#18
speaking of, I wonder why nobody made a program to remap keys easily. I remember seeing how it was done years ago, but haven't seen anything since.

If it was more widespread, I don't see why it would be a problem.
zfr
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia70 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-24 07:20:13
January 24 2010 07:10 GMT
#19
I'm pretty sure blizzard officially said they would not have key remapping on release.

edit
found mixed info.. lol so yeah not sure about this
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
January 24 2010 07:23 GMT
#20
On January 24 2010 15:47 Day[9] wrote:
key remapping was legal at all the WCGs I went to (including grand finals)


Did anyone use it? I'm surprised, I know at most War3 tournaments it right in the rules that no remapping is allowed.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 163
ProTech133
ViBE93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4421
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4365
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 286
Liquid`Hasu265
ToD196
JuggernautJason31
PPMD29
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 84
• musti20045 38
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21588
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur603
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
17m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 17m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.