• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:33
CEST 08:33
KST 15:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8040 users

[CSL+] News and Announcement - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 49 Next All
klizzer
Profile Joined March 2008
517 Posts
September 05 2009 18:24 GMT
#141
I remember Day[9] stating somewhere or sometime that pro Starcraft is/was really popular at HMC iirc.

Actually, is Day still commentating this?
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
September 05 2009 19:09 GMT
#142
Yep, he's commentating the match tonight. Day used to go to HMC, so I think he recognizes the SC scene there - not sure how popular it is now, but they still play in CSL.
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
September 05 2009 19:17 GMT
#143
Errr so when do we have to register players and shit? When will the matches start, etc.?
Peace~
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
September 05 2009 19:46 GMT
#144
Matches start Oct 4, you can register players probably next week - we'll make an announcement on that soon.
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
September 05 2009 20:08 GMT
#145
Cool thanks.
Peace~
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
September 05 2009 20:29 GMT
#146
Team Duke:

ASSEMBLE!!!!

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=101220
Moderator
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
September 05 2009 23:54 GMT
#147
IT BEGINS NOWWW

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/collegiate-starleague
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-06 05:26:19
September 06 2009 05:26 GMT
#148
that was an absolutely terrible stream, ustream really sucks =P

*edit*

the casting was awesome, but the video quality was really poor O_O!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
September 06 2009 06:04 GMT
#149
good games
go sherwin!
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
September 06 2009 16:13 GMT
#150
Results plz?
Peace~
Freaky[x]
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Canada995 Posts
September 06 2009 17:38 GMT
#151
does anybody go to mcgill that wants to play in this? I might end up coordinating this thing if more than 1 person actually is interested and will be more than happy to lend you guys a hand in practicing and so on :D
Marcury
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada141 Posts
September 06 2009 18:56 GMT
#152
On September 07 2009 02:38 Freaky[x] wrote:
does anybody go to mcgill that wants to play in this? I might end up coordinating this thing if more than 1 person actually is interested and will be more than happy to lend you guys a hand in practicing and so on :D


I attend mcgill and would love to play, although i'm only D+ at best on iccup I look forward to meeting other players of my level.
Tsagacity
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2124 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-06 19:00:04
September 06 2009 18:59 GMT
#153
I'm assuming I can't play if I just graduated?

*applies to grad school*

Although I guess it probably doesn't matter because I go to MSU and SC doesn't seem very popular here =/
"Everyone worse than me at video games is a noob. Everyone better than me doesn't have a life."
Exteray
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1094 Posts
September 06 2009 20:35 GMT
#154
On September 04 2009 17:39 shindigs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2009 13:14 hazelynut wrote:
Coordinators have to:

1) get people to agree to play on maps every week
2) send that lineup in
3) make sure everyone gets there
4) collect replays
5) send in match results and replays

It's not that hard on paper, but I know it's difficult for people with teams that don't follow SC religiously. Luckily we somehow motivate our team with lots of SPIRIT! Yeah :D!

No seriously, somehow you have to make this matter to people, and usually all it takes is showing that it really matters to you.


I'm assuming that this is the last priority for many people, especially around midterm hell weeks and around finals week.

Personally, as much as I want to play next season, next year is going to be terribly busy due to school issues and I'm sure everyone has to deal with this too. I know sometimes just setting at time for everyone to meet once a week or something seems easy to do, but a lot of things do come up once school gets rolling =(. Also, putting off some social plans with the excuse being "I have to practice/play for the unofficial StarCraft team" doesn't sway everyone in your social circle, especially if everyone doesn't know what ESPORTS is about. It'll just have to come down to scheduling every minute of my day.


I agree with this completely. I remember last year every time I went to practice for CSL or play for CSL it was difficult to convince my friends that I was serious.
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
September 07 2009 00:12 GMT
#155
On September 07 2009 05:35 Exteray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2009 17:39 shindigs wrote:
On September 04 2009 13:14 hazelynut wrote:
Coordinators have to:

1) get people to agree to play on maps every week
2) send that lineup in
3) make sure everyone gets there
4) collect replays
5) send in match results and replays

It's not that hard on paper, but I know it's difficult for people with teams that don't follow SC religiously. Luckily we somehow motivate our team with lots of SPIRIT! Yeah :D!

No seriously, somehow you have to make this matter to people, and usually all it takes is showing that it really matters to you.


I'm assuming that this is the last priority for many people, especially around midterm hell weeks and around finals week.

Personally, as much as I want to play next season, next year is going to be terribly busy due to school issues and I'm sure everyone has to deal with this too. I know sometimes just setting at time for everyone to meet once a week or something seems easy to do, but a lot of things do come up once school gets rolling =(. Also, putting off some social plans with the excuse being "I have to practice/play for the unofficial StarCraft team" doesn't sway everyone in your social circle, especially if everyone doesn't know what ESPORTS is about. It'll just have to come down to scheduling every minute of my day.


I agree with this completely. I remember last year every time I went to practice for CSL or play for CSL it was difficult to convince my friends that I was serious.


lol. so bring them with you ^_^.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
September 07 2009 00:55 GMT
#156
On September 07 2009 09:12 DarthThienAn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2009 05:35 Exteray wrote:
On September 04 2009 17:39 shindigs wrote:
On September 04 2009 13:14 hazelynut wrote:
Coordinators have to:

1) get people to agree to play on maps every week
2) send that lineup in
3) make sure everyone gets there
4) collect replays
5) send in match results and replays

It's not that hard on paper, but I know it's difficult for people with teams that don't follow SC religiously. Luckily we somehow motivate our team with lots of SPIRIT! Yeah :D!

No seriously, somehow you have to make this matter to people, and usually all it takes is showing that it really matters to you.


I'm assuming that this is the last priority for many people, especially around midterm hell weeks and around finals week.

Personally, as much as I want to play next season, next year is going to be terribly busy due to school issues and I'm sure everyone has to deal with this too. I know sometimes just setting at time for everyone to meet once a week or something seems easy to do, but a lot of things do come up once school gets rolling =(. Also, putting off some social plans with the excuse being "I have to practice/play for the unofficial StarCraft team" doesn't sway everyone in your social circle, especially if everyone doesn't know what ESPORTS is about. It'll just have to come down to scheduling every minute of my day.


I agree with this completely. I remember last year every time I went to practice for CSL or play for CSL it was difficult to convince my friends that I was serious.


lol. so bring them with you ^_^.



Last year we didn't meet up anywhere for our games. We just stayed in our respective apartments/dorms.

I think it would be pretty awesome if each school could organize a get together for each game and put it up on a projector, with possibly a stream. Of course, if you wanted to emulate the true proleague experience the players should be in another room so they don't listen to the crowd or anything.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
September 07 2009 01:24 GMT
#157
More people complaining about social judgment? When will you guys stop being pussies and stand up for your individuality. If people are calling you a geek or a loser, why speak to these people? You're doing something you love, fuck that judgmental shit.
Peace~
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
September 07 2009 01:38 GMT
#158
by the way, didn't that shit end in middle school or high school at the latest? if people are making fun of you for playing video games in college they have serious issues, or are just jackasses in general
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
September 07 2009 02:37 GMT
#159
On September 07 2009 10:38 Xeris wrote:
by the way, didn't that shit end in middle school or high school at the latest? if people are making fun of you for playing video games in college they have serious issues, or are just jackasses in general



The main issue is finding time to play, not social judgement. You're right, there is nothing like that at university, or none that i've encountered. Sorry if I made it seem that way.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
September 07 2009 03:29 GMT
#160
If you make SC a social event, you're not really missing out on anything when you grab all your friends and head off into an unused classroom to SC the night away. We do that and have loads of fun (I think), and sometimes we end up playing DotA or Civ3 or doing physics on the blackboards with the help of upperclassmen. All you have to do is make the time. A good two hour slot isn't actually as hard to clear up as you think it is.
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4355
Leta 1821
Shuttle 1285
sorry 46
ZergMaN 38
Shine 36
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 627
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King61
Other Games
summit1g7506
WinterStarcraft671
Sick178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick516
BasetradeTV228
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1416
• Sammyuel 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2210
League of Legends
• Lourlo1102
• Rush1062
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 27m
Patches Events
8h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 27m
OSC
16h 27m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.