Since then the computer has not turned on or reacted in any way to anything I've done to it. First I tried alternate outlets and proper voltage and all that other generic junk that they probably ask you to check if you call customer support. Through extensive research/google I assumed it was most likely a power supply problem, so I spent the next hour or two trudging to storage and getting my old desktop and figuring out how to take out the power supply, then coming back and doing the same for the broken one in order to swap them.
After taking awhile in figuring this out because I am not very hardware-literate or handy, I get all my shit together and realize, hurray, HP has their own power connector-hard drive interface that isn't the standard one that my old computer used. So I likely can't even remove the HD and transfer it to a friend's computer to backup all my stuff. Nerdrage was had.
I'm not sure what the hell to do at this point because I do need that desktop as the only computer I have other than that is a crappy netbook that I use for notetaking. Do you know what it's like being a nerd with no computer except a netbook? It'd be like... well I suppose it's like being a diehard SC2 fanboy while BNet is being retarded and you only have BW. Except BW is infinitely superior so I guess that analogy doesn't work :O
The way I see it my options are
- Try to find an HP store or whatever to get a proper HP power supply so I can get all my stuff back
- Pay to retrieve stuff from hard drive? I'm assuming you can do this somewhere
- Pay to see if people can fix it/find what's wrong with it
- Forget about all my stuff (music/games/personal junk) and buy a new computer
- ??? If some wizard out there knows what's up with my computer and knows how to fix it (the power LED at the back blinks when power is plugged in, and the power button doesn't work... s'all I got) then by all means post if you somehow read all the way here
TL;DR this blog doesn't really have a point, other than BW > SC2. 5 me if you agree