PvZ I feel really good about right now (outside of my last 2 pvz losses on python), I've been running about 75% winrate against C/C+ korean zergs... even beat a B- zerg twice last night. After a long period in which for 3 weeks I ONLY played PvZ, I feel like I finally have a really strong conceptual understanding of the matchup similar to how I feel with PvT.
Everything flows really nicely and I almost never lose games against zergs aside from the occasional mass ling or hydra break (happens if I get too careless and greedy). I've figured out I guess how to dictate the flow of the game like I do in PvT, especially since zerg strategies have become increasingly more predictable (thanks Jaedong?).
- losing templars to mutas (really good muta harass is annoying)
- playing against good turtle zergs (need to learn how to turtle my bases better and have more patience)
- not losing my corsairs (I usually get too greedy when trying to kill ol's and lose my sairs after I kill 2)
- develop some more varied and aggressive builds (I feel really really good about standard play and I have a build that works a large majority of the time but I now need to develop more variety)
I guess nothing has changed in PvT since before - I still feel like it's my best matchup, I was able to beat a B ranked korean last night made me feel pretty good (dt drop ftw). I've lost a bit more PvT's than usual but that's because I'm at the stage right now where I'm trying to experiment with various different builds and openings. I have my standard build that works REALLY well all the time, but I'm trying to develop more abusive strategies (aka trying to make dt's more).
Not much else to say about PvT...
- still need solid builds aside from my normal one
- need to learn how to incorporate reavers better (every time i go reaver it seems way too predictable and easily stopped and I almost never do damage with them)
- work on my army positioning in big battles
- still have trouble dealing with harass-heavy Terrans
The bane of my existence (40% winrate)... since I have very few strengths or positive things to say about PvP I'll jump right into weaknesses
- I need to learn how to go for wins better. A lot of times when I lose PvP games I go watch the replay later to see there are points in almost all the games where I can easily win but my super-safe nature makes me sit back and lose my advantages... so I need to work on scouting and "seizing the moment" more effectively.
- Micro... my micro is bad.
- Learn how to balance probe count timing and tech timing to optimize army count at all times
- Make sure I don't lose otherwise won games because I didn't scout secret expansions.
I feel like my general PvP build is really strong. I was playing a (last season B+) korean protoss and our builds and everything were pretty identical for the large majority of the game. He ended up winning because he contained me nicely on FS and ended up storming all my army and severely weakening it before he attacked so my entire army just melted instantly when he pushed in.
So while I feel like my build order is really strong, I need to develop a better game sense / understanding of PvP. I have been playing it a lot, but I actually think I should start watching some vods or replays (although I prefer just learning on my own)...
Overall, hovering around C+... hope to get solidly in C+ by the end of the week and the finally push for B-. I feel like right now I have 2/3 of the pieces. I can beat B- Terrans and B- Zergs fairly consistently, but I'm just struggling so much against Protoss, and I still have the occasional brain-fart loss that really is keeping me from being able to reach B- when I otherwise should be able to.
Well... that's my ICCUP update!