• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:36
CEST 09:36
KST 16:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9997 users

The why was my thread closed topic - Page 6

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 48 Next All
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
November 17 2009 03:22 GMT
#101
nobodyhome246 quality poster
POGGERS
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
November 19 2009 21:02 GMT
#102
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=106035

was closed despite being the only thread with the full list of MSL Ro32 maps, the other thread only had the new ones.
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
November 19 2009 21:08 GMT
#103
what's the point of posting up the 2 old maps? everyone has already seen them
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
November 19 2009 21:09 GMT
#104
to discuss the map pool in general instead of only the 2 new maps?
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
November 19 2009 21:55 GMT
#105
what is there to discuss about the other two maps when they were discussed thoroughly over 2 months ago?
Commentator
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
November 19 2009 22:34 GMT
#106
there was no thread that had which new proleague maps were chosen.

thought it might be fun to speculate why, but i guess not.
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
November 19 2009 23:21 GMT
#107
Use http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=106020 then. It has the maps in context with who will play on them in the groups.
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
January 28 2010 06:28 GMT
#108
Why was http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=111030 closed?
I mean for someone whos been here for 4 years and has 15k posts, you would think I would have at least minimum notability. Most of my blogs are pretty good, and I think if I put in the effort to provide good answers, it could produce a good thread. But the thread was closed before I even had a chance to respond.

I could see if all of the blogs of this type were closed, but when mine gets insta-closed and people with a couple thousand posts have theirs remain open, its kinda weird.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
January 28 2010 06:59 GMT
#109
probably because you were just parodying the other guys' blog, but i agree with you. ask blogs are usually kind of interesting (at least compared to a lot of other blogs)
UNFUCK YOURSELF
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-28 11:08:15
January 28 2010 11:07 GMT
#110
I think you need to draw the line somewhere though. Yours would stay open, then somebody else would post one. Then somebody else. It would continue on and on and the blogs section would be mostly ask threads, with only the reallllly popular posters/girls threads having any replies.
Chains none
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
January 28 2010 13:33 GMT
#111
sonuvbob wrote:

Closing fusionsdf's because, as a mod, I hate him.


For attention whoring threads in the future:

- Give some background about who you are (see http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/ for examples of successful attention whoring threads)
- Stick the fuck around. If you're going to say "hey everyone look at me!", at least be there when people look. It's common courtesy.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=111028&currentpage=2
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
January 28 2010 23:05 GMT
#112
that would make sense if the time between the first response and close was more than 4 minutes. I was literally in the process of typing up my response when it was closed.

In addition, my OP had just as much content as a standard ask blog. It doesnt make a lot of sense to compare it to IAmA, since that involves introducing a specific facet of your life to a crowd that has no idea who you are. I don't think its realistic to expect that same approach to work here.

I mean I'm not pissed off I got a sarcastic response about the close, I just dont think there was a valid reason for it to be closed in the first place.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
January 30 2010 00:41 GMT
#113
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=111148

I'll start off with something that sounds contradictory to me making this post: but I don't care that it was closed. It wasn't a great thread or a question that a lot of people can't answer in a funny way, so I would have been fine with it being closed on those grounds.

My question has more to do with the response to "Blog It". I find the threads that are most interesting (outside of SC related) are ones where people share personal experiences or tell anecdotes; not debate politics or make small comments related to a news story. I doubt I'm alone in this thought. I don't want to make the impression that I'm posting threads simply to tell a story and have people respond to it, but rather I'm looking for the stories of others that will truly be interesting or entertaining. I usually only post mine as a segue into the topic and to give an idea of the type of responses that would usually be interesting. I'm rambling a bit, so I'll get to the point: In order to prevent future threads being closed under the "blog it" suggestion, what can I honestly do or am I shit out of luck and those types of threads have, for some reason, no place around here in some people's minds?
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
January 30 2010 02:09 GMT
#114
well you could just repost it in the blog section and it will be fine...
UNFUCK YOURSELF
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
January 30 2010 04:49 GMT
#115
On January 30 2010 11:09 Nitrogen wrote:
well you could just repost it in the blog section and it will be fine...


My question encompassed that aspect. If those type of threads are honestly just going to be locked the majority of the time, then I would blog it, otherwise the more active part of the forum to get the most responses is generally where I'd want to post it.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24801 Posts
January 30 2010 15:54 GMT
#116
It wasn't my thread, and it wasn't closed technically, but why was http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=111160 locked?
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
January 30 2010 20:29 GMT
#117
On January 30 2010 13:49 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2010 11:09 Nitrogen wrote:
well you could just repost it in the blog section and it will be fine...


My question encompassed that aspect. If those type of threads are honestly just going to be locked the majority of the time, then I would blog it, otherwise the more active part of the forum to get the most responses is generally where I'd want to post it.


well yes, your threads are going to be locked if you put blog content in the general forum.
blogs are pretty active too though, so don't worry about nobody seeing it.

On January 31 2010 00:54 micronesia wrote:
It wasn't my thread, and it wasn't closed technically, but why was http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=111160 locked?


well the previous thread on the same topic was locked because it was a shitstorm...
UNFUCK YOURSELF
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24801 Posts
January 30 2010 20:59 GMT
#118
On January 31 2010 05:29 Nitrogen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2010 13:49 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
On January 30 2010 11:09 Nitrogen wrote:
well you could just repost it in the blog section and it will be fine...


My question encompassed that aspect. If those type of threads are honestly just going to be locked the majority of the time, then I would blog it, otherwise the more active part of the forum to get the most responses is generally where I'd want to post it.


well yes, your threads are going to be locked if you put blog content in the general forum.
blogs are pretty active too though, so don't worry about nobody seeing it.

Show nested quote +
On January 31 2010 00:54 micronesia wrote:
It wasn't my thread, and it wasn't closed technically, but why was http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=111160 locked?


well the previous thread on the same topic was locked because it was a shitstorm...

Oh maybe but this one wasn't... the only objectionable thing from what I could tell was rekrul being rekrul lol
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Kim Jong Tassadar
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States44 Posts
January 30 2010 21:36 GMT
#119
Evil Teletubby closed my thread. See, it makes no sense b/c the thread was awesome...

Teh awesome thred, kk. ;-)
Tyler Sash for Thorpe, Ricky Stanzi for Heisman
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
January 30 2010 23:27 GMT
#120
On January 31 2010 06:36 Kim Jong Tassadar wrote:
Evil Teletubby closed my thread. See, it makes no sense b/c the thread was awesome...

Teh awesome thred, kk. ;-)


It's like you came from 2002 to remind us of how stupid the memes were back then.
Chains none
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 90
Bale 33
Aegong 28
ZergMaN 17
Killer 15
Mong 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
Fuzer 124
League of Legends
JimRising 535
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King234
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1649
Other Games
summit1g8881
olofmeister654
ceh9436
Happy384
Sick169
ArmadaUGS132
crisheroes128
Livibee99
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick577
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2302
League of Legends
• Rush1938
• Stunt484
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 24m
OSC
5h 24m
Stellar Fest
5h 24m
OSC
16h 24m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.