• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:28
CEST 05:28
KST 12:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9770 users

[Interview] too long :/

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 21:52:23
January 14 2013 01:35 GMT
#1
As far as I'm concerned, [Interview] takes up way too much space when it comes to titles. Espcially because when you post a thread up on TL, you don't really see the full title of the thread, you see about 70% of it. And if [Interview] takes up about 30% of that, then the actual title is only like 40%.

Therefore, I was wondering, what would be a great way to shorten [Interview] so that it becomes 3 to 4 letters but people will still understand that it's an interview?

[INTW]?
[ITW]?
[INT]? (this might make people think interceptions or interceptors)

What are your guys' opinions?

-Seeker

Poll removed. Too many people were voting for [I] and we had already ruled it out.

On January 14 2013 21:48 Plexa wrote:
Interview is fine - it significantly helps when searching for things.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
January 14 2013 02:09 GMT
#2
Huh, that is actually a good point. No idea which abbreviation is best though.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
January 14 2013 02:19 GMT
#3
INT seems fine to me. I kind of doubt anyone is going to think you mean interceptions in a starcraft 2 forum.
Moderator
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
January 14 2013 02:31 GMT
#4
Iono, when I see [INT], I immediately expect a thread about interceptors.
Moderator
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
January 14 2013 02:32 GMT
#5
And if you started it with ITW I would expect it to end in thousands of ninjas.
Maxed
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada14 Posts
January 14 2013 04:59 GMT
#6
What about just [I] like what they do in strategy section, where G stands for guide, D for discussion and etc.
Nightops
Profile Joined November 2011
United States66 Posts
January 14 2013 04:59 GMT
#7
INT is fine, everyone's so used to it and idk why someone would tag a thread as int meaning interceptors haha
SlayerS | oGs | NaDa | Mvp | fOrGG | MKP
tj341
Profile Joined October 2012
United States147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 08:59:16
January 14 2013 05:22 GMT
#8
-
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
January 14 2013 05:34 GMT
#9
When I see [ITW], I think of a goat with a wizard hat, smoking a pipe...
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 14 2013 05:57 GMT
#10
I think [ITW] or [INTW] is fine
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
January 14 2013 06:39 GMT
#11
But I've seen [I] as a shortcut for "idea"

But I voted I. It would catch on
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 14 2013 06:45 GMT
#12
On January 14 2013 15:39 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
But I've seen [I] as a shortcut for "idea"

But I voted I. It would catch on

If [I] is already taken, then perhaps we should avoid trying to replace it.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
January 14 2013 06:49 GMT
#13
On January 14 2013 15:45 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 15:39 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
But I've seen [I] as a shortcut for "idea"

But I voted I. It would catch on

If [I] is already taken, then perhaps we should avoid trying to replace it.

But the last time I ever saw it used was in the BW strategy forum

It's pretty rare
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Unshapely
Profile Joined November 2012
140 Posts
January 14 2013 07:34 GMT
#14
How about a simple IV, since interview is a combination of two words - inter, inner and view, perspective - which means to give us an inner view or perspective of the person being questioned.

Whenever I see [I], I think of index of idea. So, I shall go with the simple [IV] - an abbreviation of the two words that make interview.
That is not dead which can eternal lie; and with strange aeons even death may die.
crashonly
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland418 Posts
January 14 2013 12:07 GMT
#15
Me, I don't really care much. I'm pretty used to the [Interview] tag and it doesn't bother me, but I'll get used to the new one soon enough I'm sure Love reading all them interviews!

But if I had to pick, [IV] sounds like a solid idea to me, both in brevity and clarity. Only one I really don't like is [INT] as I use it pretty much every day for "integer", but I don't see too many people having the same problem..
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
January 14 2013 12:15 GMT
#16
[INT] to me means international. Maybe a simple [I] works the best, or maybe [IV] as someone already pointed out.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
January 14 2013 12:48 GMT
#17
Interview is fine - it significantly helps when searching for things.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
January 14 2013 13:08 GMT
#18
How about we just have a sub forum dedicated to interviews.
hi. big fan.
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 13:26:11
January 14 2013 13:25 GMT
#19
There should be an option for keeping it as it is

Voted for [I] though, I prefer that to the other options.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Akinokaze
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia326 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 16:04:47
January 14 2013 16:04 GMT
#20
On January 14 2013 21:48 Plexa wrote:
Interview is fine - it significantly helps when searching for things.

[INT] would still work in this regard, definitely not [I] though =/

On January 14 2013 22:08 FataLe wrote:
How about we just have a sub forum dedicated to interviews.

An even better idea
In the Emperor we trust
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 221
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 548
NaDa 48
TT1 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 681
Other Games
summit1g10295
WinterStarcraft413
Mew2King98
ViBE86
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV302
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush999
• Lourlo719
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 33m
INu's Battles
8h 33m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 33m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 33m
Replay Cast
19h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.