• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:13
CEST 08:13
KST 15:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10002 users

Unacceptable Ads - Page 3

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 35 36 37 Next All
Our ad policy does not permit auto playing audio or auto expanding ads. To report an ad, follow these steps:

1. Right click the ad (or just below if you can't right click it) and choose "Inspect" (img)

2. In the dev tools window, scroll up so that as much of the code before the highlighted line is visible (img). Expand any collapsed lines if necessary.

3. Link a screenshot of the ad, a description of the problem and a screenshot of the dev tools window in this thread.
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 05:46:45
May 13 2012 04:04 GMT
#41
some serious weird ads last few days. the one that really just freaked me out was blaring some weird pop song really loudly. wasnt sure where it was coming from until i closed tl and it shut off. very weird

edit: lol nvm my roommate was fucking with me thru remote desktop.
dude bro.
Steelavocado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2123 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 16:46:30
May 13 2012 16:32 GMT
#42
Hey I just got an ad ( I need a sec to find the link) that covers up half of my screen on TL. It was in the top ad slot and stays huge for like 10 seconds then goes back to its normal ad space. I scaned my pc a few times and I dont have any viruses.
I am F5ing trying to find it sorry
MIRACLE IS YOUR TI7 CHAMP
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-17 11:09:34
May 17 2012 11:05 GMT
#43
[image loading]
I got this thing....it was shaking and around and trying to give me a seizure...zzz..arent these things viruses for idiots?
How are they getting on to TL, i'm not gonna turn on adblock because i love TL and its the first time i got it
how do i copy the adtag thing? I just quickly posted my reply after getting a pic of it.
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
May 25 2012 23:47 GMT
#44
I'm assuming it's caused by the ads, but on a lot of the TL pages right now, the page stops loading for me right where the ad would be (I'm on IE8, not using adblock or anything). Every time that happens for me, the script file for ads is the following:
<script src="http://ads-by.madadsmedia.com/tags/311/205/async/728x90.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Poffel
Profile Joined March 2011
471 Posts
May 31 2012 01:58 GMT
#45
I guess it's safe to assume that ads for goldfarmers are unacceptable at TL?

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=l&ai=BxHXVcs_GT5GREsy6_Qad1eTNA8j5r7cCuMejpjLAjbcBwIsREAEYASCpsLIdOABQh8jtzf7_____AWCVkqGCsAegAdjCzOADsgESd3d3LnRlYW1saXF1aWQubmV0ugEJNzI4eDkwX2FzyAED2gFQaHR0cDovL3d3dy50ZWFtbGlxdWlkLm5ldC9mb3J1bS92aWV3bWVzc2FnZS5waHA_dG9waWNfaWQ9MTM4OTY3JmN1cnJlbnRwYWdlPTIyMTXgAQKAAgGpAg5kyB2vHIU-yAL4vN4gqAMByAMd6AOlB-gDKegDA_UDAAkAwPUDAAAAEKAGAw&num=1&sig=AOD64_3w9PyrDcAUTbNu6vKU_hh7o3Cdfw&client=ca-pub-7048914824812959&adurl=http://www.cheapdiablo.com&nm=5&nx=469&ny=47
Heh_
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Singapore2712 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 19:43:46
June 06 2012 19:43 GMT
#46
I just saw an ad selling Diablo 3 gold. It was by Adchoices (3 text ads in 1), ad tag is MAD_US.
=Þ
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 06 2012 20:02 GMT
#47
Same as above poster, Ad tag: LJ_US.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
June 16 2012 10:45 GMT
#48
Started getting an NSFW advert which doesn't even have an AdChoices button.

http://ib.adnxs.com/click?7FG4HoXrwT_sUbgehevBPwAAAAAAAAhAgczOoneq5D-BzM6id6rkP8_lp3KqeE1fu39uFXdeEjunYtxPAAAAABUbAAC1AAAAcgQAAAIAAABMvCMA0WMAAAEAAABVU0QAVVNEANgCWgCtGHIAGR0BAgUCAQQAAAAARCUDZQAAAAA./cnd=!xAXZMgi2txoQzPiOARjRxwEgAA../referrer=http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php/clickenc=http://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=l&ai=B_34ppmLcT6_RO8uj8APLz_DgBuaLlboC1ozImzDO3dHkbwAQARgBIAA4AVCAx-HEBGC77peD0AqCARdjYS1wdWItNzA0ODkxNDgyNDgxMjk1ObIBEnd3dy50ZWFtbGlxdWlkLm5ldLoBCTcyOHg5MF9hc8gBCdoBT2h0dHA6Ly93d3cudGVhbWxpcXVpZC5uZXQvZm9ydW0vdmlld21lc3NhZ2UucGhwP3RvcGljX2lkPTk1ODc1JmN1cnJlbnRwYWdlPTExNzeYAowBwAIEyAKOkqMgqAMB6AOlB-gDCPUDAAkAwPUDAAAAEIAGlpH_4JKEy_J9&num=1&sig=AOD64_31vzCIabEDshNDZ8LhZHD-4qKv-g&client=ca-pub-7048914824812959&adurl=http%3A%2F%2F10kpermonth.info%2Fcpvlab%2Fbase.php%3Fc%3D1879%26key%3De4f2b1677408d665120858e8eadd65ce%26keyword%3Dlocalslags-uk---categories-cyrus
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
sinfinite
Profile Joined November 2010
United States32 Posts
June 22 2012 21:34 GMT
#49
I've been getting mobile ads on my phone that forces me to press "ok" which would direct me to their website. I have to force close my app to reset it and avoid pressing "ok"

Text says:

Congratulations!

You have come first in Anaheim's (Mobile) Prize draw contest!

You are now entitled to choose (1) reward!

Press Ok to continue...

The website url is something along freemob or something, I only caught a glimpse.
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
June 22 2012 21:37 GMT
#50
Check you don't have malware on your phone. The only ad partner we use on the mobile site is Google who definitely shouldn't be allowing shady things like that to go through.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
sinfinite
Profile Joined November 2010
United States32 Posts
June 22 2012 21:38 GMT
#51
I'll check, but I've only experienced this on TL.
sinfinite
Profile Joined November 2010
United States32 Posts
June 22 2012 21:53 GMT
#52
I've scanned with 3 apps now, and they haven't been able to find anything. I'll continue surfing on other websites to see if it pops up.
Lavalamp799
Profile Joined March 2011
United States554 Posts
June 23 2012 06:54 GMT
#53
Reposting from my original thread:

Hello, I do not know what kind of sketchy business scheme you guys are trying to pull off here, but tonight I have reached my breaking point. While just browsing my liquibets, I look over to see some woman in sunglasses flaunting her body. Not only that, but I while my eyes drift further down I notice she has a bit of a wedgie. Not an ass wedgie, but a full blown cameltoe. The thing that disgusts me the most is that this "woman" doesn't even care that she is showing off her cameltoe. You can see this smug look on her face and a t-shirt that simply says "meh." Meh? Yeah, ok, who cares if I'm showing off my cameltoe? Meh. Luckily, I am of age in my country, but can you imagine a 12 year old browsing the site and seeing this cameltoe? Teamliquid should have better standards than to show a cameltoe right on the side of their website. All that I'm asking is to please take in to consideration that not everyone is accepting of ads like these, and to please think twice before putting this up there. The picture in question:

[image loading]
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
June 23 2012 17:12 GMT
#54
On June 23 2012 15:54 Lavalamp799 wrote:
Reposting from my original thread:

Hello, I do not know what kind of sketchy business scheme you guys are trying to pull off here, but tonight I have reached my breaking point. While just browsing my liquibets, I look over to see some woman in sunglasses flaunting her body. Not only that, but I while my eyes drift further down I notice she has a bit of a wedgie. Not an ass wedgie, but a full blown cameltoe. The thing that disgusts me the most is that this "woman" doesn't even care that she is showing off her cameltoe. You can see this smug look on her face and a t-shirt that simply says "meh." Meh? Yeah, ok, who cares if I'm showing off my cameltoe? Meh. Luckily, I am of age in my country, but can you imagine a 12 year old browsing the site and seeing this cameltoe? Teamliquid should have better standards than to show a cameltoe right on the side of their website. All that I'm asking is to please take in to consideration that not everyone is accepting of ads like these, and to please think twice before putting this up there. The picture in question:

[image loading]

Yeah, and you can also clearly see the outline of her BREASTS. Pictures of women are not appropriate, seriously. We should sue the company that put this ad up.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
June 23 2012 17:32 GMT
#55
On June 23 2012 15:54 Lavalamp799 wrote:
Reposting from my original thread:

Hello, I do not know what kind of sketchy business scheme you guys are trying to pull off here, but tonight I have reached my breaking point. While just browsing my liquibets, I look over to see some woman in sunglasses flaunting her body. Not only that, but I while my eyes drift further down I notice she has a bit of a wedgie. Not an ass wedgie, but a full blown cameltoe. The thing that disgusts me the most is that this "woman" doesn't even care that she is showing off her cameltoe. You can see this smug look on her face and a t-shirt that simply says "meh." Meh? Yeah, ok, who cares if I'm showing off my cameltoe? Meh. Luckily, I am of age in my country, but can you imagine a 12 year old browsing the site and seeing this cameltoe? Teamliquid should have better standards than to show a cameltoe right on the side of their website. All that I'm asking is to please take in to consideration that not everyone is accepting of ads like these, and to please think twice before putting this up there. The picture in question:

[image loading]

On June 23 2012 15:48 R1CH wrote:
You can click the ad choices icon (top right) and contact the ad company with feedback if you like. It's not like we go around picking purposefully bad ads to show, they are all provided by 3rd party networks.


Your thread was answered by a site admin. Those ads were aimed at you specifically because of your AdChoices preferences. It is possible to remove them on your end but TL should not be policing them for you. If a child is going to sites where it is possible to encounter these types of ads, I would hope that there is some sort of parental consent or supervision.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 12:25:13
June 23 2012 17:56 GMT
#56
On June 24 2012 02:32 JBright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2012 15:54 Lavalamp799 wrote:
Reposting from my original thread:

Hello, I do not know what kind of sketchy business scheme you guys are trying to pull off here, but tonight I have reached my breaking point. While just browsing my liquibets, I look over to see some woman in sunglasses flaunting her body. Not only that, but I while my eyes drift further down I notice she has a bit of a wedgie. Not an ass wedgie, but a full blown cameltoe. The thing that disgusts me the most is that this "woman" doesn't even care that she is showing off her cameltoe. You can see this smug look on her face and a t-shirt that simply says "meh." Meh? Yeah, ok, who cares if I'm showing off my cameltoe? Meh. Luckily, I am of age in my country, but can you imagine a 12 year old browsing the site and seeing this cameltoe? Teamliquid should have better standards than to show a cameltoe right on the side of their website. All that I'm asking is to please take in to consideration that not everyone is accepting of ads like these, and to please think twice before putting this up there. The picture in question:

[image loading]

Show nested quote +
On June 23 2012 15:48 R1CH wrote:
You can click the ad choices icon (top right) and contact the ad company with feedback if you like. It's not like we go around picking purposefully bad ads to show, they are all provided by 3rd party networks.


Your thread was answered by a site admin. Those ads were aimed at you specifically because of your AdChoices preferences. It is possible to remove them on your end but TL should not be policing them for you. If a child is going to sites where it is possible to encounter these types of ads, I would hope that there is some sort of parental consent or supervision.


That's not actually entirely correct on either account. If you use this site you will get ads for dating young women, quite often of Asian descent because TeamLiquid is primarily used by young men and there's a lot of korean discussion on the site for obvious reasons. As a straight woman who is the only person with access to this PC I can say I get the same sort of adverts from time to time because of how much time I spend on this site, and I'm certainly not looking to hook up with young asian women.

It is also irrelevant if a child may reach sites such as TeamLiquid that might contain such adverts. This website is intended to be SFW and the tools exist to report inapropriate adverts and so should be. I know many of us would likely have no choice but to adblock the site if there were continually nothing but porn adverts and thus TL does police them (I also assume sponsers would like to keep it that way too). Blaming the user is absolutely the wrong thing to do.

Edit: To add, I don't know they they *have* to police them, but it is decent that they do and keeps the site more enjoyable.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 07:13:27
June 24 2012 07:12 GMT
#57
I hate those goddamn mouseover ads with a passion. You accidentally run your mouse over it and get that stupid video:

Ad tag: MAD_US.

+ Show Spoiler [Roll over this...] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [...and get this.] +
[image loading]


Is there anything that can be done?
Moderator
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
June 28 2012 07:17 GMT
#58
I just started getting that shit today. Really fucking annoying.
Moderator
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 18:40:39
June 28 2012 18:40 GMT
#59
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=BRJOfhaTsT9HXCIHC8APi7vXTB-ChvZYEkISTiljAjbcB8NqVAhABGAIgqbCyHTgAUMH88Nn5_____wFgu87Bg9AKoAG4kOvFA7IBEnd3dy50ZWFtbGlxdWlkLm5ldLoBCTcyOHg5MF9hc8gBAtoBTWh0dHA6Ly93d3cudGVhbWxpcXVpZC5uZXQvZm9ydW0vdmlld21lc3NhZ2UucGhwP3RvcGljX2lkPTM0ODQ5MiZjdXJyZW50cGFnZT054AECgAIBqQLdjmHxGx2FPsgC4IaDNagDAcgDHegDCOgDpQfoA6YC9QMACQDA9QMAAAAQiAYBoAYC&num=2&cid=5GghrDfaKXiLxPNm91D_IFyN&sig=AOD64_1jKz5aQ3duNCNORM8h-6sWOimA6g&client=ca-pub-7048914824812959&adurl=http://www.AngryGold.com&nm=6&nx=467&ny=43


Google sucks or I'd report it to them (page has moved and then the report ad just doesn't work) but the above is a D3 gold selling site that I've started getting.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-28 21:29:39
June 28 2012 21:25 GMT
#60
I've also gotten some D3 gold selling sites, didn't know they were against TL policy though. I haven't gotten any ads with sound or flashy seizure-inducing animations fwiw.

Edit: got one right now: MAD_US for D3 gold selling
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 301
Mind 67
sorry 56
Bale 32
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 754
Other Games
summit1g7795
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft699
C9.Mang0310
Sick146
febbydoto15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick710
BasetradeTV187
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Rush1379
Other Games
• Shiphtur661
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 47m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.