• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9791 users

Why Haven't You Edited Liquipedia Yet?

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
June 20 2009 18:38 GMT
#1

Over the last two weeks I have noticed a striking problem with the wiki: Very few edits are actually adding content to the Strategy section of Liquipedia. And yet, the number of "[H] Why didn't I Win?" threads continue to rise. Why is this? Its obvious that people are playing more, gearing up for SC2 by stumbling upon TL and looking for help. The reason that we all wanted to be a part of this wiki is that we wanted to make people better at Starcraft, to breathe new life into the foreign community. We invite you, once again to meet us half way.

Don't feel like you have anything to contribute to the wiki strat section? Guess again. Let me tell you about my first contribution to the wiki way back in January when I joined up. For four months I had been behind a firewall at school so throttled that I couldn't play SC online and couldn't even watch youtube videos. All I had were some FBH games from proleague over the summer and games against the computer. And so I sat there with a journal and I thought about it. And I'm really happy about what I came up with it.

Every one of you knows something unique about playing SC. That's the kind of game it is. I play SC and follow Proleague because the game because it has infinite potential for new play, and I really think that Liquipedia is the catalyst for the creation of that content. I invite you to be part of The Renaissance of SC that we have the potential to create here. I don't know about you but that idea is the most exciting thing I have ever experienced in my gaming career.

So how are you going to do it? First off, read about your best matchup. See what people are saying about what you do best and see what you have to say to them. Don't feel like you are a good writer? Stay tuned for the next couple of days, we are coming up with a system so you can write what you know write onto the talk pages and someone else will write it up for you.

And what about the Strategy Forum? A lot of the talk I hear is that the strat forum is obsolete. I disagree. I think the strat forum is where we are going to talk about the new strategies that we come up with once we advance the wiki far enough. Until then, sure keep making threads asking for people to look at your replays. But, I do challenge you, that every time you ask for help in the Strat thread to post something that does work for you, to get the ball rolling. You all having something that you know about SC, so share it with the community.

Thanks,
-Cg
Clasic
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Bosnia-Herzegovina1437 Posts
June 20 2009 19:33 GMT
#2
I already made about 3 edits.
No no no no its not mine!
Doctorasul
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Romania1145 Posts
June 20 2009 20:00 GMT
#3
Liquipedia rocks! I've edited in a few notable games for some old school players and I still have quite a few memorable games I want to link.

Suggestion: make the Liquipedia link more visible on the TL page, it needs to be HUGE or BRIGHT or something, anything more visible so people that haven't heard about it find it. Thanks!
"I believe in Spinoza's god who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a god who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings." - Albert Einstein
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 20 2009 20:03 GMT
#4
I've made quite a bit of edits myself. I'm only about C- Zerg though so I don't want to majorly change anything that could possibly be wrong.

Also, I though this was going to be titled "Why Haven't You Edited The Recommended Threads Chill?!?!"

Quite disappointed. It really needs to have some stuff added.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
MiniRoman
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada3953 Posts
June 20 2009 20:03 GMT
#5
I added some shit to 2 gate cheese in the PvT bo section but the link sent me to 2 gate pvp and I felt retarded.

Also lazy, but ya everyone should contribute to whatever. Sooooo much shit is left blank. Don't be shy.
Nak Allstar.
Neon_Monkey
Profile Joined February 2008
United States270 Posts
June 20 2009 20:58 GMT
#6
On June 21 2009 05:03 Grobyc wrote:
I've made quite a bit of edits myself. I'm only about C- Zerg though so I don't want to majorly change anything that could possibly be wrong.

Also, I though this was going to be titled "Why Haven't You Edited The Recommended Threads Chill?!?!"

Quite disappointed. It really needs to have some stuff added.


Actually he updated it this morning.

I was thinking of putting a more modern 4 hatch before gas build vs P but I don't know what I would call it since the article already there is called "4 hatch before gas (vs. Protoss)".
Ranix
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States666 Posts
June 20 2009 21:14 GMT
#7
I've made 2 articles or so. Big fucking deal I know
Legends never gg
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
June 20 2009 21:17 GMT
#8
I'm scared to make edits because I fear they'll be changed. So right now I'm just putting everything in discussion
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-20 21:20:56
June 20 2009 21:19 GMT
#9
Glad you're bringing this up! Personally, I think I could add a bit to the progamer profiles, bio's of older players and whatnot, but I know without committing some time they'd come out half-assed. I'll try to see if I can get inspired sometime soon to dedicate the proper time this deserves and get some more content for you guys.

Edit - Going to sticky this for a little while to try and get more involvement.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
June 20 2009 21:25 GMT
#10
I tried to edit the zerg strategy section a bit but i don't know how to take screenshots on starcraft without them blacking out @_@
-vista
-tried.. hypersnap or whatever.. random program
- image looks like this( posted on liquidpedia)
[image loading]


Which is fine in some cases but i got rejected for the other images i tried posting
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 20 2009 21:30 GMT
#11
Use 'Fraps'.

'nuff said. Idk how to even add pictures on liquipedia. wtf! halp.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
June 20 2009 21:32 GMT
#12
Actually I didnt even know we could edit it til now lol.

I thought only the liquipedia mods could.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
June 20 2009 21:41 GMT
#13
On June 21 2009 06:25 HeavOnEarth wrote:
I tried to edit the zerg strategy section a bit but i don't know how to take screenshots on starcraft without them blacking out @_@
-vista
-tried.. hypersnap or whatever.. random program
- image looks like this( posted on liquidpedia)
[image loading]


Which is fine in some cases but i got rejected for the other images i tried posting

Get a paint program that can open .pcx files, GIMP for example, and open the file using that. It should work.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
JohnBall
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil1272 Posts
June 20 2009 21:53 GMT
#14
Just wrote some discussion about a z counter to the fantasy build. Hope to get some good criticism on my draft before doing any real change on the page.
perfecting the art of five pool forever
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
June 20 2009 21:57 GMT
#15
i just want to edit the progamers section but its not even official on the side menu yet
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
June 20 2009 22:10 GMT
#16
I've made edits, but they were quickly removed =(.
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
June 20 2009 22:16 GMT
#17
On June 21 2009 07:10 Archaic wrote:
I've made edits, but they were quickly removed =(.

Your edits need to be approved by a Moderator before they can be accepted. They're probably just waiting to be reviewed.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
June 20 2009 22:21 GMT
#18
On June 21 2009 06:30 Grobyc wrote:
Use 'Fraps'.

'nuff said. Idk how to even add pictures on liquipedia. wtf! halp.

u can upload to liquidpedia
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Special:Upload
(need to log in first)
then just use [http://www.example.com link title]
which is one of the options, looks like a globe with a page?
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-20 22:23:27
June 20 2009 22:22 GMT
#19
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Help:Contents

actually found a page addressing my problem :D
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Help:Uploading_Images
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
June 20 2009 22:35 GMT
#20
a lot of you seem be talking about your edits being removed. Make sure you understand how our review system works, edits don't show up imediatly.
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 138
SpeCial 99
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12472
Artosis 372
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3047
JimRising 593
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox490
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5326
Liquid`Hasu1170
Khaldor1036
Other Games
summit1g7270
shahzam530
FrodaN141
ArmadaUGS93
NeuroSwarm70
Mew2King61
ViBE50
JuggernautJason40
PPMD13
Vindicta2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 23
• blackmanpl 22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1002
• Scarra432
• Shiphtur197
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 30m
Stellar Fest
14h 30m
OSC
23h 30m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.