• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:02
CEST 10:02
KST 17:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9018 users

[Images]Gamer's jigsaw puzzle

Blogs > quirinus
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 21:14:36
May 30 2009 20:44 GMT
#1
[image loading]


_________________________________________
+ Show Spoiler +

It was about 4 years ago since I last cleaned my keyboard inside out. I honor no other keyboard but this - it is my true religion. Since it is a sacred object of every gamer, it is hard to desecrate it and deconstruct it to it's basic building blocks. But it had to be done, hard-heartedly, I opened it up.


[image loading]


In it, I saw what was the end of life, the ultimate graveyard, and the beginning - the creation of new life.

I said my farewell to the fungii, and the remains of skin, hair and rotten food, as they rushed to the vacuum. Still, some remained. The strong survived. Anyone that still doubts, this is evolution and survival at it's best - life will prevail, even at low pressure.

I had to bring my very best to what is now a battlefield. A blue pen. Many a soldier fell from it's razor sharp tip, like a bayonette I swung it. It was a swift victory, many bodies lay there. A swooshing sound.

I was not completely happy with the outcome, there was still more to be cleaned, but I couldn't be bothered - call me superficial.

[image loading]




Now, the fun part. The jigsaw puzzle. WASD1234567890. Now what? Try to remove the keys and put them back in the right place. Not so easy. Or is it?

[image loading]






->Start: + Show Spoiler +

I wonder how many will get this.
[image loading]



->Almost done:
[image loading]



->FINISHED:
[image loading]





Go ahead and try to do it, and while you're at it, clean your keyboard!

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
Cheers!
[image loading]


*****
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
May 30 2009 20:46 GMT
#2
where did the scroll lock go?????
You dont get full marks if scroll lock is gone.
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 20:48:20
May 30 2009 20:48 GMT
#3
On May 31 2009 05:46 Leath wrote:
where did the scroll lock go?????
You dont get full marks if scroll lock is gone.



Real men don't need scroll lock!
Or caps lock. Or tilde.

But they do need num lock.
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
May 30 2009 20:48 GMT
#4
cool blog!

5/5
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 30 2009 20:50 GMT
#5
I've always thought about doing this. But really, I would rather spend the $11.99 on a new keyboard than clean this one.
Moderator
Viledica
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada361 Posts
May 30 2009 20:51 GMT
#6
The ironic thing is I might actually have to do this to clean out my keyboard tonight. -.-
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
May 30 2009 20:52 GMT
#7
On May 31 2009 05:48 quirinus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2009 05:46 Leath wrote:
where did the scroll lock go?????
You dont get full marks if scroll lock is gone.



Real men don't need scroll lock!
Or caps lock. Or tilde.

But they do need num lock.


Real men don't need any buttons except the letters, they run commands
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
May 30 2009 20:52 GMT
#8
On May 31 2009 05:50 Chill wrote:
I've always thought about doing this. But really, I would rather spend the $11.99 on a new keyboard than clean this one.

When you'd rather spend 12 dollars, it makes me wonder what condition your keyboard is actually in that would convince you out of cleaning it...
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 30 2009 20:54 GMT
#9
On May 31 2009 05:52 Archaic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2009 05:50 Chill wrote:
I've always thought about doing this. But really, I would rather spend the $11.99 on a new keyboard than clean this one.

When you'd rather spend 12 dollars, it makes me wonder what condition your keyboard is actually in that would convince you out of cleaning it...

It's a long process to clean it... I'd guess over an hour. It's not that dirty... :O
Moderator
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 21:00:25
May 30 2009 20:59 GMT
#10
On May 31 2009 05:50 Chill wrote:
I've always thought about doing this. But really, I would rather spend the $11.99 on a new keyboard than clean this one.


Well, I got used to this keyboard (it's pretty old) and it's pretty small, so I can easily put it in my bag.

I don't like most of the keyboards these days. (too big keys, the feel when typing etc.). I guess if I tried to buy a new one I'd get used to it.


On May 31 2009 05:51 Tsumi wrote:
The ironic thing is I might actually have to do this to clean out my keyboard tonight. -.-


Have fun.
People should clean their keyboards more often, I mean, look at what I found underneath my keys. And you're in contact with it every day.
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-30 21:06:45
May 30 2009 21:05 GMT
#11
On May 31 2009 05:52 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2009 05:48 quirinus wrote:
On May 31 2009 05:46 Leath wrote:
where did the scroll lock go?????
You dont get full marks if scroll lock is gone.



Real men don't need scroll lock!
Or caps lock. Or tilde.

But they do need num lock.


Real men don't need any buttons except the letters, they run commands


101010


On May 31 2009 05:54 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2009 05:52 Archaic wrote:
On May 31 2009 05:50 Chill wrote:
I've always thought about doing this. But really, I would rather spend the $11.99 on a new keyboard than clean this one.

When you'd rather spend 12 dollars, it makes me wonder what condition your keyboard is actually in that would convince you out of cleaning it...

It's a long process to clean it... I'd guess over an hour. It's not that dirty... :O



Yeah, I cleaned mine just superficially, but it took me 1-2 hrs, if I remember correctly. Cleaning the buttons actually takes more time than cleaning the base.

Don't buy a new one just becouse you're lazy about cleaning it!
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
May 30 2009 21:05 GMT
#12
I did this a couple of times too!

I just love opening stuff ! :3

I opened my phone too. When we talk, we spit a lot (even if you think you don't :p) and it rust ups the contacts so i cleaned them all, and cleaned the button panel for it.

I did this with my pc, my keyboard, my mouse, my mp3 player, I fixed a coffee machine too!

God i love opening stuff :D I should take pictures next time.
Moderator<:3-/-<
Snet *
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States3573 Posts
May 30 2009 21:07 GMT
#13
One time I threw up on my $80 logitech keyboard, but no method of cleaning known to me got rid of the smell so I had to buy a new one.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
May 30 2009 21:08 GMT
#14
I did this once. It was hard work o.o
TranslatorBaa!
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
May 30 2009 21:13 GMT
#15
Nice job cleaning your keyboard! I should do that too, mine has a lot of junk inside it.
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
May 30 2009 21:21 GMT
#16
On May 31 2009 06:07 Snet wrote:
One time I threw up on my $80 logitech keyboard, but no method of cleaning known to me got rid of the smell so I had to buy a new one.

That sux
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
May 30 2009 21:22 GMT
#17
On May 31 2009 06:05 IntoTheWow wrote:
I did this a couple of times too!

I just love opening stuff ! :3

I opened my phone too. When we talk, we spit a lot (even if you think you don't :p) and it rust ups the contacts so i cleaned them all, and cleaned the button panel for it.

I did this with my pc, my keyboard, my mouse, my mp3 player, I fixed a coffee machine too!

God i love opening stuff :D I should take pictures next time.


: ))

Please do; I love reading blogs like these where people disassemble or create something and then post pictures/videos of the process. (that's why I created this one)


On May 31 2009 06:07 Snet wrote:
One time I threw up on my $80 logitech keyboard, but no method of cleaning known to me got rid of the smell so I had to buy a new one.


Haha you beat me. The worst thing that happened to me is spilling some chocolate milk over it.
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
MagisterMan
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Sweden525 Posts
May 30 2009 21:27 GMT
#18
I dont even want to know what I would find if I open up my keyboard
Nachos?
weaksauce
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
369 Posts
May 30 2009 21:29 GMT
#19
if you have a weeks drying time and a spare just stick it in the dishwasher
even if he DID detect penis - cubEdin
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
May 30 2009 22:15 GMT
#20
Last time I cleaned a keyboard that was used for a long time.... it was hell of a process to go through.

Basically, it was... oily, and very dirty. I had to disassemble it reasonably and used detergent on it. I probably will never do it again.
:]
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 372
Leta 307
Dewaltoss 112
sSak 58
Killer 51
Bale 36
Aegong 32
NotJumperer 32
actioN 30
ZergMaN 30
[ Show more ]
Noble 13
yabsab 11
League of Legends
JimRising 533
Reynor49
Counter-Strike
byalli106
Other Games
summit1g10419
olofmeister733
Happy265
Sick199
crisheroes43
KnowMe42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos640
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 58m
Replay Cast
14h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.