• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6235 users

[?]Too much stress on moderators?

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-01 00:14:04
January 01 2009 00:13 GMT
#1
I've never been one to openly blame TL's staff for how they run the show, but lately the users/forums have been almost unbearable for me.

I've been debating whether or not to ask something like this for a while and I guess the thread that finally pushed me past the breaking point was:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=85127

I've been here a long time and I realize there are ' phases ' and ' stupid threads ' that pop up every now and then but personally, I can't find an explanation for the past 3 months or so and how people get by with stupid shit. There's a handful of users that I am dumbfounded by how they have over 3000 posts and cannot believe they haven't been banned for stupidity yet. I won't name names since that's not my biggest complaint, but to try and illustrate my point I've also contemplated asking TL admins on MSN to just ban my account so I don't have to look at stupid shit anymore. There's quality so I still come here every day I'm on the computer [ multiple times ] but there's starting to be so much shit that its ALMOST worth it to just prevent myself from coming to see 1 speck of quality.


So the only logical theory that I've come up with is that there aren't enough/good moderators. Again I won't name names but one of the mods I have no earthly idea how the fuck he ever got blue. It's like, TL has a tradition of picking out great minds to be leaders so its like duck duck duck fugly goose <---- wtf?

So is it just me? Do I just need to take a break? I finally got the hint when I started getting worked up over shit people post on TL which never really happened before. I would literally say to myself ' how dumb can you be '

Disclaimer: I know shit is busy. This isn't the greatest time to ask, probably won't get addressed fully etc but I figured might as well do it now. I also realize TL gets this kinda question/thread often but I really like this site and I think the amount of dumb activity over the past couple months has warranted something like this. Its like the purge never really happened.....

Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
January 01 2009 00:21 GMT
#2
Blue =/= Moderator; I assume you mean red?

That thread you linked is really shit; and it did get closed. But theres nothing more in that thread other than giving a warning - which was given. We could probably use a little harsher moderation though now that i think about it ...
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
January 01 2009 00:49 GMT
#3
Don't worry yo my new years resolution is to become Chill.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
January 01 2009 01:24 GMT
#4
Sorry, I use mod interchangeably since there have been some blue names who are mods in the past. I know mods are red ;x.

I guess its just me complaining. Like I said I would rather not use names....but man....there are some annoying [subjective I know] and relatively useless [ contribute once a blue moon and have thousands of unbelievably dumb posts ] users that I would have expected to be banned.

I have faith in you guys though. Thanks for reading.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-01 02:25:08
January 01 2009 02:23 GMT
#5
this is all chill's fault
lolololol

----
I used to feel the same way as the OP a couple months ago, and complained all the time about shitty posters/threads

now I dont even care. Its kinda sad
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
January 01 2009 02:43 GMT
#6
I used to give a shit about posting
but when it all goes unpunished and good post(er)s are just torn down by idiots, who gives a fuck
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 01 2009 02:46 GMT
#7
On January 01 2009 11:43 H wrote:
I used to give a shit about posting
but when it all goes unpunished and good post(er)s are just torn down by idiots, who gives a fuck


I honestly feel the same way.
yubee
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States3826 Posts
January 01 2009 03:22 GMT
#8
posting... is dead...
onepost
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada297 Posts
January 01 2009 03:28 GMT
#9
Suggestions:

1) Perhaps moderators shouldn't ban each other to begin with? That would help tremendously.

Examples:

Chill was just Temp banned for 90 days by Kennigit.

That account was created on 2005-01-28 05:00:00 and had 8502 posts.

Reason: I wanted to outdo your other birthday presents. Happy Birthday, love from everyone who you banned or who's thread you closed

Hot_Bid was just banned by SonuvBob.

That account was created on 2003-10-09 00:31:23 and had 17043 posts.

Reason: STOP SPOILING ME ON MSN JERK


2) Purge the SC2 forum? Thanks for purging the Strategy forum (once Chill came back, btw), but the SC2 forum's case is even more urgent. Among other things, the no mbs rule isn't enforced, and it should extend to automine and other incendiary topics, and also to single comments instead of just threads. Nothing good ever came out of these discussions anyway, only flame and sheer zealotry.

3) May I suggest that 2-days bans are ineffective? Why would anybody care unless they're compulsive thread spammers? Make it 30 days minimum, and permanent ban after 2-3 offenses, or if trying to work around the temp ban with a new account. That should limit the need for multiple bans if anything.

4) Make reading guidelines mandatory before new users can post anything? Right now they're easy to miss, even if you open a specific forum (they're only one of many featured threads), and outright invisible if you don't (just click on the sidebar). That would limit the number of bad threads as well.

and finally:

5) Indeed warn/ban users that just denigrate others and never contribute, even if they have 3000+ posts, are korean, or are St-Peter sitting at the right of Jesus Christ in Heaven? There's indeed a hell lot of them in every forum and they stiffle conversation on everything that matters and discourage others from posting, but they pass under the radar somehow.

Thank you moderators for your work. But we ungrateful users indeed expect more.
There are three types of lies: statistics, studies, and benchmarks.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 01 2009 03:51 GMT
#10
1) no comment
2) the sc2 forum is so bad that most mods dont even read it. That's why it's so bad - because the quality is so trash that pple don't want to read it to begin with, and hence the trash doesnt get thrown out
3) i respectfully disagree is all. There used to be only 1 and 2 week bans, and they were difficult to use because we couldn't easily slap someone on the wrist without knocking them unconscious, per se.
4) how would you go about implementing such a thing?
5) I think we just may need more mods
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
January 01 2009 03:57 GMT
#11
On January 01 2009 12:28 onepost wrote:
1) Perhaps moderators shouldn't ban each other to begin with? That would help tremendously.

On January 01 2009 11:43 H wrote:
torn down by idiots

[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
January 01 2009 04:10 GMT
#12
suggestion:

1) give me the power to ban
onepost
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada297 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-01 04:13:32
January 01 2009 04:12 GMT
#13
On January 01 2009 12:51 thedeadhaji wrote:
2) the sc2 forum is so bad that most mods dont even read it. That's why it's so bad - because the quality is so trash that pple don't want to read it to begin with, and hence the trash doesnt get thrown out

Kennigit does read it. He even makes threads.

3) i respectfully disagree is all. There used to be only 1 and 2 week bans, and they were difficult to use because we couldn't easily slap someone on the wrist without knocking them unconscious, per se.

That's exactly the point that I'm trying to make. But you can disagree with that; I'm quite the radical type.

4) how would you go about implementing such a thing?

The same as for terms of service on most websites, upon creation of a new user account. Write in big bad bold something like: "Read the guidelines carefully before you post anything. Infringers may be banned without warning." Sound scary enough.

5) I think we just may need more mods

I totally agree.
There are three types of lies: statistics, studies, and benchmarks.
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
January 01 2009 04:17 GMT
#14
On January 01 2009 12:51 thedeadhaji wrote:
1) no comment

Administrator
Wolverine
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
138 Posts
January 01 2009 04:24 GMT
#15
On January 01 2009 09:13 Ack1027 wrote:
I've never been one to openly blame TL's staff for how they run the show, but lately the users/forums have been almost unbearable for me.

I've been debating whether or not to ask something like this for a while and I guess the thread that finally pushed me past the breaking point was:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=85129

I've been here a long time and I realize there are ' phases ' and ' stupid threads ' that pop up every now and then but personally, I can't find an explanation for the past 3 months or so and how people get by with stupid shit. There's a handful of users that I am dumbfounded by how they have over 3000 posts and cannot believe they haven't been banned for stupidity yet. I won't name names since that's not my biggest complaint, but to try and illustrate my point I've also contemplated asking TL admins on MSN to just ban my account so I don't have to look at stupid shit anymore. There's quality so I still come here every day I'm on the computer [ multiple times ] but there's starting to be so much shit that its ALMOST worth it to just prevent myself from coming to see 1 speck of quality.


So the only logical theory that I've come up with is that there aren't enough/good moderators. Again I won't name names but one of the mods I have no earthly idea how the fuck he ever got blue. It's like, TL has a tradition of picking out great minds to be leaders so its like duck duck duck fugly goose <---- wtf?

So is it just me? Do I just need to take a break? I finally got the hint when I started getting worked up over shit people post on TL which never really happened before. I would literally say to myself ' how dumb can you be '

Disclaimer: I know shit is busy. This isn't the greatest time to ask, probably won't get addressed fully etc but I figured might as well do it now. I also realize TL gets this kinda question/thread often but I really like this site and I think the amount of dumb activity over the past couple months has warranted something like this. Its like the purge never really happened.....


thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 01 2009 04:50 GMT
#16
wtf was that quote for...
ketomai
Profile Joined June 2007
United States2789 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-01 04:56:02
January 01 2009 04:54 GMT
#17
Yea, I've noticed that the post quality has gone down a lot too. There are a lot of people that don't think before they post. Compared to before, the standard for posting has fallen a lot. I think the solution, like mentioned before, is more moderators. The current mods are too few and have real lives to deal with and can't read every thread. To make up for that, we need to add some mods to keep the strict policies that TL advocates.

edit: posts like the one 2 posts above me add no content to the thread whatsoever, but it's hard to moderate that much without reading every thread.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 01 2009 05:07 GMT
#18
ok, lemme get back to you on this tomorrow.
ModeratorGodfather
Wolverine
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
138 Posts
January 01 2009 06:07 GMT
#19
On January 01 2009 13:50 thedeadhaji wrote:
wtf was that quote for...


Notice that I had changed the link.

Seriously, WTF are you doing clicking on a thread which says Warning: Adult Link anyway Ack1027 and then bitching about it?
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
January 01 2009 06:54 GMT
#20
On January 01 2009 15:07 Wolverine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2009 13:50 thedeadhaji wrote:
wtf was that quote for...


Notice that I had changed the link.

Seriously, WTF are you doing clicking on a thread which says Warning: Adult Link anyway Ack1027 and then bitching about it?


You still added nothing to the thread.

FrozenArb does mod the SC2 forum but he is a softy.

I agree with the OP, I've been lurking quite a while and only started posting in June/July(?) and one thing I've noticed is that the quality of feedback and threads has decreased significantly from my lurking days. Good advice is constantly shut down by random noobs in the strategy forum and there are countless people who do nothing but insult and act like idiots. I have seen so many people quote a thorough post and then say something like "ur a retard" and I find it really offensive.

Admittedly I haven't always been the best poster but I do make an effort to remain politically correct and keep some class instead of flaming for nothing.
Hi.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 116
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 174
firebathero 89
910 40
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm98
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0184
PPMD45
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9404
Liquid`Hasu1627
Trikslyr87
Other Games
summit1g7558
Liquid`RaSZi4597
shahzam585
JimRising 273
B2W.Neo202
Pyrionflax180
KnowMe118
ArmadaUGS98
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream304
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1072
Other Games
• imaqtpie1128
• Shiphtur216
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.