• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:07
CEST 01:07
KST 08:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6251 users

[?]Too much stress on moderators? - Page 2

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
January 01 2009 07:07 GMT
#21
well, looks like i'm the newest blue staff member so i guess you're talking about me...
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-01 07:18:14
January 01 2009 07:08 GMT
#22
On January 01 2009 15:07 Wolverine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2009 13:50 thedeadhaji wrote:
wtf was that quote for...


Notice that I had changed the link.

Seriously, WTF are you doing clicking on a thread which says Warning: Adult Link anyway Ack1027 and then bitching about it?


................god damnit.

but yeah... i read the sc2 forum when i first came here. but now i just read some opening posts and skip the comments. it reminds me of youtube, where the videos are just plagued by hundreds of shitty comments. frozenarbiter needs to be more of a hardass :p

edit: and like 50% of general threads start out well, good op w/ nice info, then it turns into a shitstorm of personal insults and dumb arguments.
UNFUCK YOURSELF
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
January 01 2009 07:19 GMT
#23
On January 01 2009 15:07 Wolverine wrote:
Seriously, WTF are you doing clicking on a thread which says Warning: Adult Link anyway Ack1027 and then bitching about it?


This is the most ignorant, juvenile justification for a shitty thread I've seen in a while. Actually, I guess it's been about an hour since I read gearitup's explanation for his mama joke thread.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
January 01 2009 07:36 GMT
#24
On January 01 2009 12:51 thedeadhaji wrote:
5) I think we just may need more mods

Pick me, pick me !

Seriously, why not have another purge? I think the last one helped a bit. Speaking of which, if any of you think my posting is sub-par, let me know and I will ignore you and post goatse endeavour to improve my posting. I'll probably edit in more stuff later.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
January 01 2009 07:39 GMT
#25
honestly, the part that really kills me is that when it comes to features, TL has improved so much its scary. We never used to have youtube vods (and often not a stream), no final edits, no TL:A or any of that.

It used to be the forums that kept people at TL and now its just the features
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 01 2009 07:50 GMT
#26
On January 01 2009 16:39 fusionsdf wrote:
honestly, the part that really kills me is that when it comes to features, TL has improved so much its scary. We never used to have youtube vods (and often not a stream), no final edits, no TL:A or any of that.

It used to be the forums that kept people at TL and now its just the features


And now no one even says thank you
ModeratorGodfather
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
January 01 2009 07:55 GMT
#27
I've had a few to drink [ happy new years everybody btw ] but I appreciate all the replies in this thread.

Don't worry LosingID you weren't the blue name I was talking about. You contribute a lot and its good to see you on staff ^^ I heard you live in GA now? We should hang out sometime.

I guess people will always feel my sentiment about the posting the past few months, but really I feel like a lot of the posts I read nowadays are unbearable...... It's kinda like.....why do I bother even thinking before I post if people can get away with posting a question that was answered one page or even one post before them....I respect this place and the people who run it enough to think before I post.

I was kinda paranoid tbh that people wouldn't respond and I thought I would just be shooting blanks but to be completely honest it was refreshing to hear from people like haji and zulu who used to be staff and were demoted/removed yet their posts are thousands of times better than the people I was referring to in my OP. Sc2 is coming soon and there's gonna be a huge influx of new users and I don't really want TL to become complacent because this is a really nice place to discuss higher level sc among other things.....

On January 01 2009 14:07 Manifesto7 wrote:
ok, lemme get back to you on this tomorrow.


It was really nice being part of TL when you and Beyonder were active. Things around here were run a lot more solidly and I appreciated that very much. That's not to say I don't appreciate things now.....its just that under your administration I feel like there was more emphasis on poster quality. I look forward to your reply.

I know there's a men in red [ MiR ] forum and all that.......but if I could be so bold to suggest maybe you start looking harder/or for more moderators to lighten the load so TL can continue to improve that would be awesome.
Salv
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada3083 Posts
January 01 2009 08:17 GMT
#28
I've always thought TL was pretty good about staying on top of bad threads and useless spam. What kind of service are you used to?
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
January 01 2009 08:30 GMT
#29
its not about service

its not like we're trying to be whiny and say TL isnt good enough. Its almost 2AM and I'm going to be watching starcraft and posting on TL for at least a couple more hours. I really like the way TL has developed.

This is more railing on bad posts than anything. I know a lot of veterans dont visit general and certainly don't visit starcraft 2 (although I personally dont think that forum is 'bad' because of a lack of moderation, it has to do with a lack of topics to discuss and just overall a lack of good posts/posters.

I know the 'veterans' aren't perfect, but at least theoretically they should be decent posters. And when they start avoiding entire subforums out of frustration its a bad sign. Maybe its just that TL has so many people now and a lot of big names inactive/semi-active that its lost its close knit feeling. The main point is that bad posts feed bad posts.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 01 2009 10:24 GMT
#30
the biggest factor that makes many of us cringe and cry out for help regarding the current state of the boards, is because we know how it used to be and are appalled at how it is now.
onepost
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada297 Posts
January 01 2009 16:29 GMT
#31
On January 01 2009 16:50 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2009 16:39 fusionsdf wrote:
honestly, the part that really kills me is that when it comes to features, TL has improved so much its scary. We never used to have youtube vods (and often not a stream), no final edits, no TL:A or any of that.

It used to be the forums that kept people at TL and now its just the features


And now no one even says thank you

I did, but since you didn't notice: Thank you again.

Seriously, I care much less about features than the climate; what's the point of features if you don't even want to read, let alone post? It's so bad, you can't say anything without being called a troll/ignorant/idiot/faggot/etc. We need better moderation or TL will just become another slashdot. I'll gladly help if I must.
There are three types of lies: statistics, studies, and benchmarks.
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
January 01 2009 18:21 GMT
#32
ALL THE GOOD SHIT IS ON BLOGS
returns upon momentous occasions.
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
January 01 2009 20:36 GMT
#33
On January 01 2009 19:24 thedeadhaji wrote:
the biggest factor that makes many of us cringe and cry out for help regarding the current state of the boards, is because we know how it used to be and are appalled at how it is now.


i only came here like 9 months ago, i think, and back then it was really awesome. but a lot of it has really declined (general forum turning into 95% shitstorm)
UNFUCK YOURSELF
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-01 22:28:45
January 01 2009 22:28 GMT
#34
I think the general section's relative decline can be blamed on blogs.

The blogs section is, to most veterans at least, a no-holds-barred general, essentially. You can post about anything, unless it is just completely retarded, and moderation is much more lax. Basically blogs is run not by moderation but by popularity, since blogs come and go so quickly that crap blogs will quickly find themselves with <4 replies on the second page of blogs, and essentially, without mod intervention, the blog closed itself.

Now you would think that the no-holds-barred mentality of blogs would lead to the betterment of general, not the degradation of it, but it obviously hasn't, and I think I know why. People, before making a thread, have to decide where it goes. SMART people, thinking the thread may be controversial in some way, will default to blogs. But SMART people, generally, don't make crap threads, so wherever their threads go, they will most likely not be crap. Their decision is also made easier by the fact that blogs has essentially become its own sub-community, and everybody seems to know/like each other. However, DUMB people are not burdened with a well thought out decision as to where their thread's home should be, so they post wherever and whenever they feel like, clicking post amid a flurry of 'shooping da whoops' and 'a chargin their lazers'. This being said, they often post in general.

I believe there is only one solution: (This is only partially a joke, btw)

1. Send a 6-pack of redbull to chill.

2. Make it so that he can only surf the general and sc2 forums until he acrues 100 bans.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 when necessary.
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
January 02 2009 00:43 GMT
#35
we just need better posters. There's lots of new registrations and most of them are shitty users. For example i havent seen cow post in a while t.t.
Teamliquidian townie
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-02 01:19:11
January 02 2009 01:09 GMT
#36
The funny thing I notice is that even though there's a shit ton of aforementioned shitty posts/users none of them have posted here.

Edit:

No, I take that back....Posts like Wolverine's:
On January 01 2009 15:07 Wolverine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2009 13:50 thedeadhaji wrote:
wtf was that quote for...


Notice that I had changed the link.

Seriously, WTF are you doing clicking on a thread which says Warning: Adult Link anyway Ack1027 and then bitching about it?

make me wonder how he's still around. I mean, really? His logic is that I shouldn't click topics like the one I linked? Ok dude....let's not delete a pile of shit and just let it stink the rest of the forums. I don't fucking understand how people with logic like this are allowed to post on TL. I miss times when Rekrul or Mensrea would just ban posters like that on the spot. One incredibly dumb mistake and poof you're gone.
Its like, SURE WOLVERINE please advise me on how I should navigate through the forums. Clearly your -200 post count and whatever forum-lurking time is greater than my time spent here.
On January 02 2009 09:43 Night[Mare wrote:
we just need better posters. There's lots of new registrations and most of them are shitty users. For example i havent seen cow post in a while t.t.



My complaint was more about the existing user base. I can name a few people who, from my understanding of TL rules and policy in the past, should have been banned long ago. These people have thousands, even 10k+ posts. This isn't the main issue....but it bothers me either A) that I don't understand TL policy/have no grasp on what is accepted or B) I'm just wrong and these people are actually fine....they are the ' vets ' now that new users model posting behavior after.

Whatever it is, either A or B [ unknowingly maybe even C or D ] it kinda frightens me to think I've been here several years and I don't know what's going on.

Anyway the existing user base was my main issue, since new registrations are bound to happen since the sc community has its ups and downs. My offer at solving this problem was more/better mods?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-02 01:33:19
January 02 2009 01:32 GMT
#37
I agree we need more moderators. A lot of our old guard are growing up and have more pressing time constraints. Also, many of our mods are actively involved in the expanding TL features, so they have less time to simply browse and moderate.

The problem isn't identifying this, we know this. The problem is finding competent moderators. TL has been built through a process of trust where reasonable, competent moderators were promoted. The judgment of admins doing the promoting has been very deliberate, conservative, and for the most part, uncannily accurate. We haven't promoted a moderator that's been a mistake (yet, knocks on wood). Since we have a policy of "Mod for life" we have to be very selective in our choices, and it's difficult finding someone who is both active and has good enough judgment.

Finally, I think a user-initiative toward better posting is required. Veterans need to band together and try to clean up the forums by example. Moderators banning and warning simply isn't enough, you need your peers to act a certain way and then the new posters will follow. Authority telling you that you need to change doesn't promote good behavior in the same way. Top-down progress will happen at a glacial pace, but it'll happen if enough people try.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-02 02:44:25
January 02 2009 02:12 GMT
#38
On January 02 2009 05:36 Nitrogen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2009 19:24 thedeadhaji wrote:
the biggest factor that makes many of us cringe and cry out for help regarding the current state of the boards, is because we know how it used to be and are appalled at how it is now.


i only came here like 9 months ago, i think, and back then it was really awesome. but a lot of it has really declined (general forum turning into 95% shitstorm)

Yeah I really never really read past the first page of a general forum. Usually by the time one of those threads gets to like page 10 its either just massive flame spamming or Inc owning some forum newb.

Would especially like some more moderation of LR threads, so many bm noobs spam those threads. I hate to see someone get to their 1000th post just spamming "Wtf is all this nonsense about Reach, I think it is pretty gay."

@HB: Micronesia for a mod?

Sudden rash of spam threads TT. Wtf is happening...
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
January 02 2009 02:48 GMT
#39
once im back from vacation ill set these fools straight again
Moderator
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
January 02 2009 02:53 GMT
#40
On January 02 2009 10:32 Hot_Bid wrote:
I agree we need more moderators. A lot of our old guard are growing up and have more pressing time constraints. Also, many of our mods are actively involved in the expanding TL features, so they have less time to simply browse and moderate.

The problem isn't identifying this, we know this. The problem is finding competent moderators. TL has been built through a process of trust where reasonable, competent moderators were promoted. The judgment of admins doing the promoting has been very deliberate, conservative, and for the most part, uncannily accurate. We haven't promoted a moderator that's been a mistake (yet, knocks on wood). Since we have a policy of "Mod for life" we have to be very selective in our choices, and it's difficult finding someone who is both active and has good enough judgment.

Finally, I think a user-initiative toward better posting is required. Veterans need to band together and try to clean up the forums by example. Moderators banning and warning simply isn't enough, you need your peers to act a certain way and then the new posters will follow. Authority telling you that you need to change doesn't promote good behavior in the same way. Top-down progress will happen at a glacial pace, but it'll happen if enough people try.



Does that mean we have to start making effort again?
returns upon momentous occasions.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 506
White-Ra 143
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever404
NeuroSwarm164
Super Smash Bros
PPMD80
AZ_Axe0
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8679
Liquid`Hasu1418
Trikslyr84
Other Games
summit1g8431
Liquid`RaSZi3105
shahzam612
JimRising 372
C9.Mang0196
B2W.Neo162
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick345
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream324
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1023
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.