• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:15
CEST 05:15
KST 12:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7700 users

[6/24] MSL Ro8 - Savior vs FBH - Winner Interview

Forum Index > Featured Threads
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33706 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-06-23 23:06:39
June 23 2007 23:01 GMT
#1
Went to see this live with Klogon today, but here's the interview since you guys actually care about that, before I go on to my ramblings.

Fighterforum.com interview with FireBatHero (Lee Seong-eun)

This is your first time reaching the semi-finals
I’m happy that I got to a position where I can look towards winning the whole tournament. When I look back on the road to the semis, it makes me feel even better.

Your opponent was Savior, how did you prepare
The Proleague and the individual leagues are both important. I placed a lot of importance on this game, so I was up until 5am for the last few days. Usually there aren’t many people to practice against if you play that late, so I thank Odin[gm], ZergMan(?), Lee Jae Hwang, and Yoo Jun Hee from my team, and Kim Jae Chun from Pantech.

You made a huge comeback in game 1
If Savior had kept attacking me when I lost my main, the game would have been over. However, since he was in such a good situation, he took it easy for a while. I lifted all my buildings and started a new base thinking that I’d at least give my hands something to do. But Zerg didn’t have as many resources as I had thought, and it turned out that I was able to harvest more resources and win. I use battlecruisers a lot in casual practice games, and when used together with medic restoration, it’s difficult for Zerg to handle them. So I went for a combination of many BCs, vessels, and medics.

You lost quite easily on Loki
My build on Loki was really good. After I pushed out after taking my natural, I thought I was in a good position. I had scouted him going guardians, but he didn’t attack for a long time. So I decided to move out, which ended up with me losing. I was stupid ford doing that, since I would have had the advantage if I had just waited longer in my base.

Your timed rush in game three was notable
I think Savior made a mistake on Desperado. I kept killing his defilers with science vessels, and he went straight to ultralisks even though he didn’t have enough defilers. It would have been a tough game with defilers.

You lost game 4 without much of a fight
Even though my early strategy failed, I wasn’t in a bad situation. The game could have gone either way from there. However, I got careless after stopping the first hydralisk attack. Also, switching to tanks too quickly made me lack the troops to properly defend. After my natural was destroyed, there was just no way.

You used a 3 barracks ‘sparks’ rush in the last game
That was actually my build order for game 1. I sent out 2 SCVs in game one as well, but I saw Savior go 9 pool so I changed my plan. In a way, I was able to save the strategy for game 5. I watched a lot of Savior’s VODs, and learned even his most minor habits. I figured out the patterns in which he sends his overlords out to scout, so I knew he wouldn’t go all the way to the natural. Also, if his zerglings don’t confirm a fast CC, he sends them all across the map to look for hidden buildings, so I had that in mind. I also hoped that the positions would be good. If Savior had started at 2:00, I might have been found out.

Weren’t you nervous?
I was very intimidated during game 1. My hands shook a lot. After a certain point though, I was able to become calm. I was able to move my hands more naturally and I felt better. From game two and forth, I was able to play like I normally do.

Your ceremony today was quite striking
I saw Zeus’ ceremony yesterday. It was quite ‘broad.’ I wanted to use a large space as
well. The dance I did at the end didn’t go as I planned. I wasn’t sure if I was facing the crowd or my opponent. I wanted to practice by watching some videos before the game, but I kept getting activex errors so I couldn’t. Also, my manager was backstage so I couldn’t practice there either. So it ended up looking pretty weird. I hope you don’t mind that dance at the end (laughs). I’ll prepare a better ceremony for the semi-finals.

You defeated a lot of strong opponents to make it to the semi-finals.
I feel like I had to play the best. It strengthened my resolve, as I thought I should do my best against such top class players. It’s fun to play against good players. I focused a lot on keeping control of my nerves. I was determined to win.

Who would you prefer as an opponent in the semi-finals
I hope Stork wins. First off, it would ensure one player from Samsung enters the finals. Second, I’ve never had to play vs Stork in a series. I think we’ll have some fun games.

A short word on your resolutions for the MSL
Up till today, I played against mostly terrans. Because of that some people said “Wow, that guy is really good at terran,” while others said “That guy is good at only terran vs terran.” So I prepared very hard for this game with Savior. If Stork wins his match, I want to work hard so I can win the MSL after beating all three races.

Any final words?
The Dcinside(A large Korean internet community) gamers gallery made a banner for me today. I’d like to thank them so much for that. I felt like I was being cheered for. I think I had a good result today because of the fans watching live and at home. My mother and brother are behind me 100%, and I hope I can repay their support in the future.




FireBatHero's ceremony was hilarious, Savior didn't show much emotion afterwards. He has the same expression most of the time anyway. After he lost game one, he did have a kind of bitter smile. Completely blank after game five though. Crowd support was pretty strongly in Savior's favor, though FBH had a pretty strong contingent of hardcore fans who would yell out some amusing things "FBH is SEXY!"

After the game, there were a handful of girls crying in each other's arms, I guess they were Savior fans. I guess I should have expected it, though it still surprises me after years of watching Boxer and his fangirls.

Klogon is cool, and I ramble too much.

AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
June 23 2007 23:04 GMT
#2
omg wax <3 you should know better than this and not spoil the winner in the thread title, I renamed it so we don't get 1023120 kids complaining about spoilers
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33706 Posts
June 23 2007 23:07 GMT
#3
oh we care about our readers now?
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
June 23 2007 23:07 GMT
#4
wow he actually planned that dance hahaha
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-06-23 23:09:08
June 23 2007 23:08 GMT
#5
On June 24 2007 08:07 Waxangel wrote:
oh we care about our readers now?
no, but I'm too good for this world
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
HolyToss1911
Profile Joined May 2007
354 Posts
June 23 2007 23:19 GMT
#6
the first game was awesome
dementus
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Singapore1153 Posts
June 23 2007 23:24 GMT
#7
thanks a lot, great translation.

must've been an awesome series to watch live!
"I couldn't stop myself from having unreal macro and sick timing senses."
.dragoon
Profile Joined May 2007
United States749 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-06-23 23:44:02
June 23 2007 23:37 GMT
#8
I'm thoroughly disgusted.

Savior's playing too many games these days. Focus on passing your osl matches please!
If you can, then do. If I can, I will.
azndsh
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4447 Posts
June 23 2007 23:40 GMT
#9
thanks for translation =)

lol savior fangirls
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
June 23 2007 23:44 GMT
#10
haha
thank you waxangel.

FUCK U FBH



i want 마재윤......
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Jathin
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3505 Posts
June 23 2007 23:48 GMT
#11
--- Nuked ---
lei35
Profile Joined February 2007
China2 Posts
June 24 2007 00:14 GMT
#12
thanks
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
June 24 2007 00:40 GMT
#13
Savior should have pulled his chair out right in FBH's groin and the proceed to wrestle his ass down for doing that arm-flapping shit pretty much right in Savior's face.

Anyways, thanks for the interview.
We make signature, then defense it.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
June 24 2007 00:43 GMT
#14
i don't think the intention was to do it in savior's face ; he just did not have the room needed for that performance.
anyway, pretty umpfff..
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Dark_Luster
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)438 Posts
June 24 2007 01:00 GMT
#15
someone post the ceremony here
#1 Horangee fan
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
June 24 2007 01:01 GMT
#16
On June 24 2007 10:00 Dark_Luster wrote:
someone post the ceremony here


We make signature, then defense it.
TheGreatOne
Profile Joined November 2005
United States534 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-06-24 01:38:24
June 24 2007 01:36 GMT
#17
rofl why would you ever do something like that.. He ran real gay then just to top it off he had to start waving his arms like a fool

rofl imagine him being alone looking in the mirror practicing his dance
Protoss has always been the strongest race and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
June 24 2007 01:54 GMT
#18
i liked it :D

in saviors face hahaha :D
w/e
SteelString
Profile Joined July 2006
446 Posts
June 24 2007 02:01 GMT
#19
savior looks so disheartened
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
June 24 2007 02:55 GMT
#20
poor savior =(

fbh dance had a good idea but looked really gay...
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings216
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft425
RuFF_SC2 190
ViBE114
Nina 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2870
GuemChi 1096
Sharp 122
Terrorterran 104
910 70
Bale 32
NaDa 24
Dota 2
monkeys_forever434
Counter-Strike
taco 626
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox937
Other Games
summit1g7632
JimRising 592
C9.Mang0312
Trikslyr31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP114
• EnkiAlexander 61
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo637
• Stunt130
Other Games
• Shiphtur568
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
12h 45m
The PondCast
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.