• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:20
CEST 23:20
KST 06:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8521 users

[Interview] U/D Group B 2013 WCS KR Season 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-03 03:33:52
May 30 2013 03:02 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group A Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group B Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group C Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Grand Finals Winner's Interview



(T)SK Telecom T1 FanTaSy

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You advanced to the Premier League for Season 2. How do you feel?

This season was going to be played at YongSan so I wanted to make it through no matter what. I am so glad that I was able to make it through like this.

So you have a bigger desire to participate in this tournament since it will have the Starleague name?

These days, my confidence is really low. It’s so low that it has hit the ground. But I have a long time relationship with Starleague so I told myself that I wanted to make it through no matter what. I wasn’t feeling confident, but I decided to use the Up/Downs as a stepping plate for me to rise up again.

It feels like you’ve been performing rather poorly since your transition to HotS.

Even if I feel like I’ve adapted well to HotS, I always feel like I’ve forgotten everything there is to know about the game whenever I lose a game or two. The only way to fix this problem is by practicing diligently. Since I won today, I am going to use this momentum to try to show better performances from here on out.

It felt like you were really rising for WoL and then you kind of just faltered during HotS.

It’s not like the game has changed. In fact, things have gotten better now. I was going through some personal stuff. But now it’s time for me to start climbing.

While you were faltering, other KeSPA players were on the rise.

KeSPA Terran players are really good. Flash, TY, INnoVation are really good players. I am learning so many things by observing those players play. I am still lacking a lot but I am working really hard so that I can catch up to them. But I still think that I have a long ways to go.

After watching today’s games, there were a lot of close calls.

In the first game against YoDa, even though my attack in the beginning got blocked, I was still confident that my mech play was going to pull through for the mid-late game. In my game against Trust, I realized that my opponent was an excellent player and that I was in a disadvantageous situation, but I was able to get lucky and win in the end. I was expecting an all-in to come at for my game against Golden, but I accidentally made the mistake of getting complacent with the defense that I had and almost fell into a crisis. But overall, I wasn’t really in any dangerous situations.

What are your goals for Starleague?

Advancing to the Ro16 and attending the group nominations is my goal. I need to use the Ro32 to see if my skills will improve or if they will just remain the same. I will probably have to come up with new goals once I get there.

Anything else you would like to say?

While preparing for today’s match, my Terran teammates helped me out a lot. JyJ, Mercury, and hudadak recommended strategies for me, and those recommendations helped out so much. All my Terran teammates are working really hard right now so I hope we call all do well.

(Z)8th Team Savage

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about advancing to the Season 2 Premier League?

I am really glad. An unexpected opportunity has arrived and I luckily advanced to the Premier League so it’s really good.

You advanced into the Up/Downs through the Up/Downs Spots tournament.

I got a lucky group so I was able to advance to the finals, but then I lost in the finals to sC by a score of 2-3. I was so angry after I lost to sC. But then afterwards, I was given a second chance so I told myself that I couldn’t lose to VINES no matter what.

After your match against sC, you started gaining a lot of recognition.

I really wasn’t able to check out the reactions after that finals match ended. So I actually had no idea (laughs).

It feels like all your skills do not really come out for televised matches.

This place is almost the same as the practice environment so it was really good. I actually was able to to bring out my usual skills.

Were you expecting to grab a 3-0 score in your group today?

I had a feeling that I was going to advance with three wins as long as I took down YoDa. There were a lot of maps that I liked. I like playing ZvP on Akilon Wastes and Star Station is not that bad of a map for Zerg. I also like Red City.

Season 2 Premier League will be held in YongSan.

Is that so? (laughs) I always feel so nervous when I play in YongSan. Looks like I have no choice but to practice a lot. I even have Proleague experience but I still get nervous. I’ve lost a lot of confidence right now because I’m currently on a losing streak in Proleague, but I think I was able to replenish a lot of that confidence with my results today. I think I’m also going to be able to snap my losing streak in Proleague if I can maintain this feeling.

Your goals for Season 2’s Premier League?

I want to at least make it to the semi-finals. I think that would gain me a lot more recognition and praise. I also want to advance to the finals for Season 2’s Premier League.

Anything else you would like to say?

Coach Kim worked really hard for me today and he gave me a lot of advice as well. I am very grateful. I also want to thank Cure. Lastly, I want to wish my mother a happy birthday today.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
May 30 2013 03:09 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview Seeker. Really happy to have Fantasy back in Starleague. My liquibets aren't, of course, but you can't have everything.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 30 2013 03:20 GMT
#3
Kespa players, kespa players everywhere.

Thanks for the translation
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
May 30 2013 03:28 GMT
#4
Glad that Fantasy made it although I heard the games were rather bad lol. Thanks Seeker!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
-niL
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1131 Posts
May 30 2013 03:46 GMT
#5
Fantasy OSL champion pls
DMXD
Profile Joined February 2008
United States4064 Posts
May 30 2013 03:50 GMT
#6
so next seasons is OSL?
Fantasy for second place!!!
Jmanthedragonguy
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1202 Posts
May 30 2013 03:53 GMT
#7
Thanks for interviews ^^
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
May 30 2013 03:54 GMT
#8
Thanks
Refer to my post.
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
May 30 2013 04:21 GMT
#9
I hope FanTaSy does exceptional next season. I really want to see him play more games.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 30 2013 05:37 GMT
#10
wow savage aiming high, semifinals
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-30 05:49:18
May 30 2013 05:49 GMT
#11
I know that Savage doesn't do great in proleague, but I think he is actually a really good player and if he can fix his mindset, he will be one of the best!
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
May 30 2013 06:11 GMT
#12
Great duo winning this group.
The heart's eternal vow
crashonly
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland418 Posts
May 30 2013 06:31 GMT
#13
What's this stuff about Starleague? :s

Anyhows, nice to hear that Fantasy's still working hard to catch up with other good terrans, since he indeed has not been too impressive in HotS so far. If only he'd win more, there'd be less PvP in Proleague, which would be awesome

And thanks a lot for the translation, as always!
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
May 30 2013 06:56 GMT
#14
So Fantasy is as insecure as he looks, who would´ve guessed?
[OPR] Phoenix
Profile Joined May 2013
Denmark12 Posts
May 30 2013 07:05 GMT
#15
Awesome. Good work
I love Starcraft 2 :)
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
May 30 2013 07:26 GMT
#16
thanks seeker!!
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
hangarninetysix
Profile Joined August 2010
263 Posts
May 30 2013 07:54 GMT
#17
On May 30 2013 15:31 crashonly wrote:
What's this stuff about Starleague? :s

Anyhows, nice to hear that Fantasy's still working hard to catch up with other good terrans, since he indeed has not been too impressive in HotS so far. If only he'd win more, there'd be less PvP in Proleague, which would be awesome

And thanks a lot for the translation, as always!


WCS KR alternates between GSL and OSL I believe.
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
May 30 2013 08:03 GMT
#18
Thanks, Seeker. Really glad that Fantasy made it through. Shame he's not doing the best right now, and that he's lacking confidence. Hopefully it will turn around soon enough.

On May 30 2013 12:02 Seeker wrote:
In fact, things have gotten better now. I was going through some personal stuff. But now it’s time for me to start climbing.

Personal stuff confirmed for ruining Esports.
Flash | Mvp
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason41
SpeCial 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 640
firebathero 85
Zeus 64
Trap 39
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever368
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS113
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4994
Liquid`Hasu1944
Other Games
summit1g6161
shahzam468
byalli404
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe122
UpATreeSC78
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 46
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 41m
Stellar Fest
15h 41m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.