• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:24
CEST 18:24
KST 01:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8921 users

[Interview] U/D Group C 2013 WCS KR Season 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-03 03:33:59
May 31 2013 07:26 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group A Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group B Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group C Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Grand Finals Winner's Interview



(P)FXOHurricane

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You advanced to the Premier League for the first time. How do you feel?

The last time I performed, I did so terribly against Samsung KHAN’s Shine. I started thinking that perhaps my televised performances were definitive of my actual skills so I worked really hard so that I could fix what I was lacking in. I am so relieved that I was able to make it through like this.

After taking three straight victories, you sustained one loss and that resulted in a tiebreaker. You would have made it through had you just grabbed your fourth.

I got too impatient during that last game. I had no idea that I would have to endure those tiebreaker matches. I am still disappointed at how much I rushed through that final game.

Wasn’t it difficult when a second set of tiebreaker matches ensued?

It wasn’t difficult but I felt bad about the fact that I had to keep playing against MarineKing hyung.

You didn’t lose to MarineKing once today. Is there some kind of secret behind that?

When I was preparing for today’s Up/Down matches, I focused heavily on my very first game vs MarineKing. I did that because it’s really important to start off the series with a victory. Maybe that is the secret?

A lot of people were praising you that you were a good player. But you had almost no results for individual leagues so you must have been feeling stressed.

I actually felt pressured whenever I was playing because there were so many praises. But I think that’s something that a player needs to learn to overcome. During that match against Samsung KHAN’s Shine I was about to get shaken up but I told myself that I needed to start doing well again so I worked really hard.

What are your goals for season 2?

I want to grab a championship before this year ends. If possible, I want to try to achieve this goal for Season 2.[/b]

Are you worried about playing in YongSan since you’ve never done so before?

I really don’t know since I’ve never been there. But I’m not really all that worried.

Do you have a desire to face Samsung KHAN’s Shine again after losing to him in the third round of Challenger League?

My mentality was shaken up so badly after I lost game one. Thanks to that, I took on a complete loss. If I do end up meeting him for Season 2, I think I’ll be able to win no matter what. So yes, I do want to face him again.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my parents for cheering me on, and thank our sponsors FXOpen, Twitch.tv, imgur, and 300apm. I want to thank GuMiho, Leenock, and sC for helping me with practice. I also want to thank Seed hyung for giving me a lot of advice. I am also grateful to supervisor Choya for coming with me today. Lastly, since GuMiho and sC will be attempting the Up/Downs in a little bit, I hope they advance to the Premier League as well.

(P)LG-IM First

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You were able to win at the end of the tiebreakers. How do you feel?

It was a difficult victory. I’m pretty sure I would have been irate had I lost. But I am even more glad since they were such difficult matches.

You were stuck in Code A for quite a while.

My matches were so scattered that it was difficult to adapt. I think I was able to get through this time though because I maintained my momentum from the GSTL.

You were maintaining a 3-0 record but then a tiebreaker ensued after you lost to MarineKing.

I grabbed three wins but I had a feeling that I was going to feel down if I ended up losing in the end. But then I also lost to MarineKing in the first tiebreaker set (laughs).

It wasn’t just a single tiebreaker, there were two. Wasn’t it difficult?

It was difficult. I was having a hard time because I couldn’t really focus very well during that first tiebreaker set, but I got my act together for the second set of tiebreakers so it felt like I was at an overseas tournament (laughs). I’m not sure if it’s because I have a lot of experience thanks to overseas tournaments or what, but instead of suffering, I actually had fun (laughs).

In your final game against MarineKing, you took on a lot of damage from his timing attack.

When I was watching his game vs Hurricane, I noticed that he liked to utilize medivacs and hellbats rather than vikings. That’s why I played safely as I was getting colossi and stalkers. I had a feeling that I was going to win as long as I stayed alive till the mid-game. I think it ended up working out well.

Ever since your KT days, this will be your first time returning to the YongSan studio.

Back in my BW days, I only ever grabbed a single victory (laughs). I’m going to have to re-adapt to that environment. But I had to play a lot of tiebreaker games so I think I’ll be able to adapt quite quickly.

This season’s goals?

I know it will be difficult but I want to try to make it to the quarter-finals. I have a seed and I only need to win twice so the quarter-finals is my goal (laughs). I haven’t really chosen a goal but that is somewhere where I want to try to get to at least once.

Anything else you would like to say?

These days, the supervisor, his wife, and the players are all having a hard time so I hope we can all overcome this hardship we’ve been facing. I want to thank ByuL, KangHo, RagnaroK, YoDa, Mvp hyung, and MC hyung for helping me with practice. I haven’t been able to communicate with my parents in a while. I want to apologize to them for that and I will try to contact them more from now on. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors LG Electronics, Steelseries, ASRock, Kingston HyperX, Coca-Cola, Googims Company, Super Flower, 3R System, and DXRacer.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
May 31 2013 08:03 GMT
#2
Sad about MarineKing but gz to both players.

It wasn’t difficult but I felt bad about the fact that I had to keep playing against MarineKing hyung.


Was he pitying MarineKing there?
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
May 31 2013 08:24 GMT
#3
On May 31 2013 17:03 Targe wrote:
Sad about MarineKing but gz to both players.

Show nested quote +
It wasn’t difficult but I felt bad about the fact that I had to keep playing against MarineKing hyung.


Was he pitying MarineKing there?

In this case, I believe he is saying that he feels bad playing against MarineKing cause he's close with him.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
May 31 2013 08:25 GMT
#4
Thanks for the interviews!
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
May 31 2013 08:29 GMT
#5
Thanks for these!
Cool to finally see Hurricane in Code S.
Moderatorlickypiddy
FrodaN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
754 Posts
May 31 2013 08:31 GMT
#6
Wow that sponsor reel at the end of First's interview lol
`dunedain
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
657 Posts
May 31 2013 08:37 GMT
#7
List of IM sponsors just keep on getting longer and longer. Good for them!

Gogogo IM!
"In order to be created, a work of art must first make use of the dark forces of the soul." ~Albert Camus
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
May 31 2013 08:49 GMT
#8
It's been a long time coming for both of these guys, they finally made it. Thanks Seeker.
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
May 31 2013 10:11 GMT
#9
On May 31 2013 17:24 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2013 17:03 Targe wrote:
Sad about MarineKing but gz to both players.

It wasn’t difficult but I felt bad about the fact that I had to keep playing against MarineKing hyung.


Was he pitying MarineKing there?

In this case, I believe he is saying that he feels bad playing against MarineKing cause he's close with him.


Ahh ok!
Thank you Seeker!
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 31 2013 10:16 GMT
#10
thanks seeker for the translations

sad about mkp
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
May 31 2013 14:35 GMT
#11
Hurricane and First need more love
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
kubiks
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1328 Posts
May 31 2013 15:12 GMT
#12
Thanks seeker

Happy to see Seed in the acknolegements, looks like he gets integrated into the team.

Juanald you're my hero I miss you -> best troll ever on TL <3
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
May 31 2013 16:10 GMT
#13
Thx for the translation Seeker. Shame the eSF up-and-comers don't rly get much attention : ( Has been fun to see Tear grow
리노크 👑
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1128
Mini 971
Shuttle 656
Soma 632
actioN 462
Rush 360
Light 322
Larva 318
ggaemo 316
Stork 299
[ Show more ]
BeSt 235
Horang2 214
Snow 194
hero 154
Dewaltoss 131
firebathero 125
Barracks 112
Aegong 70
Zeus 64
Liquid`Ret 51
Shinee 39
Sharp 39
Sexy 37
Shine 33
JYJ 29
soO 26
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 23
sorry 23
Trap 15
Rock 15
zelot 14
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8975
qojqva2109
Dendi840
420jenkins155
Counter-Strike
fl0m1323
Fnx 770
x6flipin436
edward59
pashabiceps3
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5359
Grubby1494
Other Games
singsing1418
B2W.Neo942
byalli454
Mlord316
ceh9299
Khaldor260
Beastyqt210
DeMusliM197
ArmadaUGS166
Liquid`VortiX160
KnowMe132
Trikslyr51
BRAT_OK 40
Railgan16
TKL 9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV248
BasetradeTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH250
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile124
• Reevou 2
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• blackmanpl 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV386
League of Legends
• Nemesis2564
• TFBlade814
Other Games
• Shiphtur249
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 36m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 36m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.