• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:20
CEST 22:20
KST 05:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10882 users

Drama in MoW house.

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 112 113 114 Next
Stop derailing with living cost talk

On September 13 2012 07:51 MinistryOfWin wrote:
Press Release:

http://www.ministryofwin.com/news/press-release-september-13th-2012

Stay tuned for the article on ESFIWORLD.com.

- Wednesday, Sep 12 10:51pm GMT (GMT+00:00)

On September 13 2012 08:02 MinistryOfWin wrote:
http://esfiworld.com/news/ministry-win-respond-fuzers-claims

- Wednesday, Sep 12 11:02pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
Fuzer
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Finland266 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 11:19:03
September 12 2012 18:38 GMT
#1
Hello everyone

So if someone didn't know I moved into Ministry of Win gaming house a month ago. We agreed on skype that I stay there for 3 months and I pay 2500zlt monthly (around 600euros).
I left/got kicked from the house yesterday because I didn't sign the contract. I wanted to get my lawyer to check the contract before signing it, because in my opinion it was full of shit:
Basically the contract said that a player who comes to the house needs to stream for MoW 150hours a month (5hours a day) and MoW house takes a cut from your streaming revenues: So basically you come to the house, you pay 600euros so you could have best conditions to practice but still you have to work for the house?
I mean if you have this kind of "surprises" in the contract, why don't you tell them before player actually comes to the house? When we talked about my coming I was only interested about my practicing over there and that's what we agreed.

And another thing that the contract said is that after you've been your time in the house, you're not allowed to establish your own house / be part of gaming house as a coach etc. for next 10 years. (We asked about this from the boss and he said that they don't want us to take "ideas" from this house to some of their competitors)
But I think the way they had worded the contract it would allow them to deny us from even joining other gaming houses as a player for next 10 years.

So after I noticed that I wanted to check out if the contract had anything else "hidden" on it, because english is not my native language I wanted to let my lawyer check it for me, so I asked if they could send it to him/or to me so I can forward it. They wanted my lawyer to send some verifications that he is actually a qualified lawyer before they would send it to him.
MoW never got the stuff they wanted so they never sent it to my lawyer(It felt to me that they didn't want anyone who actually knew more about the law stuff to see contracts like this )
Yesterday the boss told me in skype that I have to sign the contract before 22:00 or I'd have to leave. I told him that I can't sign it before my lawyer sees it.
So I decided to leave the house. I asked him if he was going to pay me back the money I had already paid for this month (I paid 2500zlt and I were there 6 days out of 30 days = so they owe me 2000zlt)

(Skype log, censored the name of the guy who runs MoW = Boss)
[11.9.2012 12:41:24] Samuli "Fuzer" Romppanen: so you have to pay me back from th emoney
[11.9.2012 12:41:33] Boss: nope, I don't have
[11.9.2012 12:41:40] Samuli "Fuzer" Romppanen: ok
[11.9.2012 12:41:50] Samuli "Fuzer" Romppanen: so i paid you from this month
[11.9.2012 12:41:53] Samuli "Fuzer" Romppanen: and im not here for this month
[11.9.2012 12:41:56] Samuli "Fuzer" Romppanen: so you give back my money
[11.9.2012 12:41:58] Boss: You are breaking the rules
[11.9.2012 12:42:02] Boss: you know how it works?
[11.9.2012 12:42:06] Boss: If not - read the contract again
[11.9.2012 12:42:08] Samuli "Fuzer" Romppanen: well
[11.9.2012 12:42:11] Samuli "Fuzer" Romppanen: as you said i didnt sign it
[11.9.2012 12:42:17] Boss: So I don't have your money
[11.9.2012 12:42:32] Boss: Do you have any confirmation?
[11.9.2012 12:42:41] Boss: No. So now you see my situation when you don't sign the contract.

When I wrote to my facebook page that they stole my money, right away the boss asked about my bank account, but anyways I decided to tell the story. I know I may lose the money but atleast I can do something for esports and reveal some things aren't as nice as you may think.

But overall my thinks about the house: Computers worked fine, I was able to focus on my practicing and I improved a lot (and will continue improving).
But I would suggest them to give some more food to people. I mean it was unhealthy (deep fried fries 3times a week) and there wasn't enough food (3 meatballs for whole day + some fries+ vegetables). Of course there was some cold food like bread and serials but only one "Hot" meal in a day.

There was no "training schedule" I mean, for every day it was same "eat, play, eat play, eat, play, free time, sleep". No personal training programs, no personal workout programs, no anything.

During first 3 weeks (before the big names came to the house) I was woken up 4 times during the night, because boss and his friends were having fun (basically they had parties in downstairs really often). Once they came 4am from the nightclub and talked so loudly that almost every player in the house woke up (after that one I had serious discussion about this and it ended).

For last words I want to thank other players in the house, you guys were great and I will miss you. It was nice time for the time it lasted.

And by the way, the boss tried to stop me writing this by saying that I signed NDA(=Non-disclosure agreement), but next time you make people to sign them. Please make sure that papers are binded together somehow + you take signature to every page.


edit. I'm not saying that 10 year thing is 100% accurate. The contract had 15 pages and that was just one part of it.
I Mean as I said English is not my native and it was just how my Finnish brains translated it. That's why I wanted to check it with lawyer, so both me and MoW house would have been in the same level...

edit2. Its NOT FXO boss.

Edit3. Ok he claims things:
On September 13 2012 08:14 MinistryOfWin wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/PFNQU.png

It is all about because we have removed him from the house. He was acting really childish through the past 30 days. Last time he came to me with the money he threw them at me and said "This is the money for my stay".

Furthermore we would like to state, that the Ministry of Win Contract Agreement has been created with the cooperation of the original five guests of the house. It took us two weeks of intense collaboration to ensure that the final document is the most convenient for both the players themselves and us. In light of numerous violations of the house rules and a general lack of respect towards both fellow residents and the staff of Game Zone Sp. z o.o. (L.L.C.) as of yesterday (11th September 2012) Fuzer has been asked to leave the house. An amicable solution could have not been reached although such has been proposed.


Nice picture, heres that little big bigger http://aijaa.com/u9ny6T and I want to point OUT that he wanted to give money back AFTER I stated that Im going to write this to public.

edit5

Okay, looks like they want to learn from their mistakes.
I got the money they owed me in my Paypal account and that side of the story is now cleared. They don't owe me money from the rent anymore.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 18:48:31
September 12 2012 18:40 GMT
#2
Would be good if we could see if more people experienced same problems as you did at MoW, maybe those that lived there first with you or so?

I feel bad for you if this is all true, but you did the right thing.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
-UMADIMSTYLIN-
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Cuba292 Posts
September 12 2012 18:40 GMT
#3
That is awful.. sorry buddy
YouthSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom355 Posts
September 12 2012 18:41 GMT
#4
Thank you for disclosing this. It did sound too good to be true. If indeed there is an NDA, then the MoW is full of bullshit, no wonder nobody else is saying shit (mainly because they're not allowed to).

Thank you for this, I'm sure many people will value it if anyone was considering going to the MoW.
The more I practice, the luckier I get!
Deleted User 176289
Profile Joined April 2011
169 Posts
September 12 2012 18:41 GMT
#5
--- Nuked ---
Maasked
Profile Joined December 2011
United States567 Posts
September 12 2012 18:42 GMT
#6
Wow, I cant believe that everywhere in Esports is being plagued by horrible business practices and bad people
Best of luck to you fuzer, thanks for sharing your story.
TwitchTV as Maaasked I stream hots (rarely)
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 12 2012 18:42 GMT
#7
Interesting and absolutely stupid if everything is true. There are always 2 sides to the story but wow the MoW sounds absolutely horrid. Also good luck keeping people from doing another team house or something for 10 years lol...
When I think of something else, something will go here
seanisgrand
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1039 Posts
September 12 2012 18:43 GMT
#8
Can't be a part of another gaming house for 10 years... what the hell haha.
This is well below quality expected of a post in any forum. -Empyrean
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 18:45:10
September 12 2012 18:44 GMT
#9
wow....very interesting information here on the MoW. thanks for exposing this Fuzer and good job at getting your lawyer to look at stuff before signing anything. 10 years no gaming house... LOL.
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
Darneck
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1394 Posts
September 12 2012 18:44 GMT
#10
Wow, I seriously hope everyone who signed the contract knew this and that it won't stay like this. Isn't destiny going there? A cut from his revenues would be quite big and the part about not being allowed to join another gaming house for 10 years is absolutely stupid.
LovE-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1963 Posts
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#11
Well that's pretty interesting. I thought that the MoW was a really good thing but if all of this is true then :|
LovE.311 (NA) || @LovE_Sc2
ScienceRob
Profile Joined April 2010
United States382 Posts
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#12
you're not allowed to establish your own house / be part of gaming house for next 10 years.


If this is true then I don't see why anyone would sign such a thing...
Carpe Diem
Kernkraft
Profile Joined April 2011
93 Posts
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#13
that 10 year and 5 hrs streaming thing.... this is hurting esports
iAmiAnC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom317 Posts
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#14
remember reading about Mickey Mouse stuff like this 10 years ago in the Counter-Strike scene
http://www.twitch.tv/iamianc <- High master EU terran stream /w commentary!
Mackus
Profile Joined January 2011
England1681 Posts
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#15
So the MoW is basically slave labour.

Oh and the Boss owes you the rent, I personally suggest naming and shaming.
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#16
Wow lol no food? That is very very bad
Cinim
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark866 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-12 18:46:01
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#17
You pay 600 euro each month? really? in Poland you can live for 1/4 of that if you have just your own place. And with so many people there, and sponsors as well, they are ripping you off already from the start.
Hell, it's about time
YouthSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom355 Posts
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#18
If you're paying to stay there, then that's everything they should take from you. Not fuck you over not being able to stay in another gaming house for 10 years and taking a part of your revenue. That's just mental.

Hopefully someone from MoW will post here and we'll see where this goes. Blood bath incoming!
The more I practice, the luckier I get!
J_Slim
Profile Joined May 2011
United States199 Posts
September 12 2012 18:45 GMT
#19
thought MoW was set up to be a place for everyone (no team alliance) to work and get better.
Grats, you're good at this game... now don't play for any teams for 10 years.
Legalize it!
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
September 12 2012 18:46 GMT
#20
The streaming thing, okay, whatever. The 10 year thing? lol no
1 2 3 4 5 112 113 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20909
Calm 2183
Shuttle 332
White-Ra 176
Mini 170
ZZZero.O 128
firebathero 69
soO 12
Sacsri 8
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1555
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4723
Liquid`Hasu602
Other Games
summit1g7436
Liquid`RaSZi2268
FrodaN1643
fl0m1451
olofmeister861
B2W.Neo775
RotterdaM534
Beastyqt394
crisheroes305
IndyStarCraft 260
Livibee208
Pyrionflax192
Mew2King69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick994
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki42
• blackmanpl 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1479
• Shiphtur653
• WagamamaTV364
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 40m
Replay Cast
2h 40m
OSC
15h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.