• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9158 users

[Interview] OSL Ro4: Flash vs. Fantasy Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 19:13:16
July 17 2012 19:06 GMT
#1
SK Telecom T1 (T)Fantasy: "The finals will be easier than the Ro4"

[image loading]


In the round of 4 of the tving Starleague, which is now attracting attention for its "repeat finals," the battle between SK Telecom T1's (T)Fantasy and KT Rolster's (T)Flash ended with a sweeping victory by Fantasy. Going against everyone's expectations, Fantasy crushed Flash 3-0. After the match, Fantasy said, "I'm confident I won't lose to Protoss. I want to capture this championship and maintain the SKT Terran legacy."

Q: What are your thoughts on defeating Flash and climbing your way to the finals?
A: I came here with the goal of 3-0, but when it actually turned out that way, it just didn't seem real. I can't even describe how happy I am. I prepared hard and made it through.

Q: You played your games in front of many fans.
A: I thought a lot of fans would come. But even then, the number of people that came to the stadium to watch was way more than I expected. To have won on such a stage, I'm so happy. It was really exciting.

Q: It seems that now you can finally rid yourself of the 2nd place/Kongline image.
A: Because SC:BW is ending, if I don't win this time, then I'll forever remain as the guy in 2nd. I grit my teeth and practiced, and the results were good, so I'm satisfied.

Q: How were your preparations for the Ro4 match?
A: Every time Flash plays a game, there are patterns in his play. I analyzed those patterns and prepared for them. But as we were playing Game 1, it seemed Flash had prepared very well as well. Up until the 2nd set, everything was the same but when approaching the 3rd set, I thought it would be disadvantageous to do the same thing again, so I consulted with (T)Ssak-hyung and (T)JyJ. I decided to change my build, and we saw the results of that.

Q: You had a 2 starport build prepared for Set 3.
A: Sets 1 and 2 were the same, so I became familiar with the build that Flash was using. I changed my build to something else in Set 3, which led to my victory. It was some really fierce psychological warfare.

Q: You're going to be facing (P)JangBi in a revenge finals match.
A: I always have confidence in my versus Protoss. In the year following my defeat to Jangbi in the Jin Air OSL finals, I haven't lost a single game against Protoss. Last time, I was in the position of the Defending Champion, so I think I went into the games with defensive builds and mindset. This time, I'm the Challenger, so I will prepare hard accordingly.

Q: Have you thought about getting a perfect win? (That is, not dropping a single game throughout the entire OSL tournament. Fantasy is currently 9-0 in this OSL)
A: To be honest, prior to the Round of 8, I didn't really consider it, and only said it on a whim. The truth is, I thought the Ro4 would be the danger zone, where I would drop a game. But now that I've won that 3-0, it's a record that I think is actually possible. But it's not something I'm overly worried about, so I'll just practice like I normally do.

Q: In your post-game TV interview, you said that if (T)BoxeR and (T)iloveoov came to your finals match, you would win. (?? not sure, correct if wrong please)
A: Up until now, my SKT Terran seniors have all been 2-time OSL winners. In the past when I reached the finals, I would hear fans say things like "Fantasy is really an SKT Terran now," but because I could only win silvers, it was like the SKT Terran line was dying out. This time, I will definitely win and keep the SKT Terran legacy alive.

Q: Your thoughts on the map order for the finals?
A: I don't think the maps make a huge difference. Because there are no maps like last season's "Pathfinder," I'll be able to crush with just my skill.

Q: What do you think the score for the finals will be?
A: The best scenario would be a 3-0 or even a 3-1 win.

Q: Your resolutions for the finals?
A: Everyone is playing SC2 while I'm still practicing BW, so it feels like I'm being left behind. For the Ro4 though our Terran line helped me a lot. For the finals, our Protoss line will also help me, and because the four of them are so good, I feel at ease. It should be easier than the Ro4.

Q: Jangbi said in his interview that he wanted Flash for his opponent in the finals.
A: It's just my personal thought, but it seems that Jangbi's game style when he's playing against me is very particular, so he chose Flash instead. But I'm confident that I won't lose to a Protoss. I want to work hard and win another gold.

Q: Any last words?
A: I've been preparing for this my whole life. I went in thinking, "If I lose this, it's over." But I got through. The team's situation isn't that great right now, but everyone still gave me a lot of help. I will repay them for their kindness in the future. I want to thank Ssak and JYJ for their help, even though they do not play much BW anymore, as well as Yoon Moonsoo, and Kim Ji Sung. I was able to change my build in the 3rd set thanks to Ssak and JYJ. I'm so happy that my games have received so much attention. Please continue to give your support and interest for the finals. I will strive to give Terran the championship.



Source:
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=63507


Congratulations to Fantasy on advancing! Jin Air Starleague Finals rematch, here we come :D
Writer:o
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 19:13:18
July 17 2012 19:11 GMT
#2
So hyped for the finals!
Also, totally called it:
[12:28] <@_2pacalypse-> I'm predicting 3-0 Fantasy

Thx for translating, you're the best~
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
July 17 2012 19:12 GMT
#3
Please don't 3-0 Jangbi. We need a five game finals!
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 19:17:16
July 17 2012 19:13 GMT
#4
Wow, didn't think fantasy would be so confident against jangbi. I really do see the 3-0 as a possibility. About to become the greatest legend in my mind (just because he'll be the last champion).

3 time consecutive osl finalist (5 osl finals), undefeated in proleague grand finals, possible undefeated OSL (and would put him in 10 game win streaks vs zerg and vs protoss).
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
Fu[G]u
Profile Joined August 2010
United States187 Posts
July 17 2012 19:15 GMT
#5
Nice Interview! Thanks Kiett.

Sad about BW ending, but all great things must come to an end. SC2 is great in other ways and lets all hope it can produce some of the epic moments that BW has.
-niL
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1131 Posts
July 17 2012 19:17 GMT
#6
Come on FanTaSy! 3-0!
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
July 17 2012 19:20 GMT
#7
Screw this guy!!! why so gosu
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
July 17 2012 19:22 GMT
#8
Fuck yeah Fantasy
WriterXiao8~~
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
July 17 2012 19:25 GMT
#9
Fantasy so good, so arrogant
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Deleted User 45772
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
339 Posts
July 17 2012 19:27 GMT
#10
--- Nuked ---
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
July 17 2012 19:35 GMT
#11
I've been a huge fan ever since people ragged on him for his valkyrie builds and lack of titles! I'm probably most excited to see him play SC2, to be honest. Now, if only there were vultures in SC2.
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
July 17 2012 19:39 GMT
#12
Thank you for the translation.
This sure is going to be interresting!!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
July 17 2012 19:40 GMT
#13
FantaSy is such a beast.
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6540 Posts
July 17 2012 19:50 GMT
#14
Rematch OSLs now include fantasy/stork and fantasy/Jangbi.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
July 17 2012 19:55 GMT
#15
Q: You're going to be facing (P)JangBi in a revenge finals match.
A: I always have confidence in my versus Protoss. In the year following my defeat to Jangbi in the Jin Air OSL finals, I haven't lost a single game against Protoss. Last time, I was in the position of the Defending Champion, so I think I went into the games with defensive builds and mindset. This time, I'm the Challenger, so I will prepare hard accordingly.


Dont worry Fantasy you will get 3 losses in the Final
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 19:56:39
July 17 2012 19:56 GMT
#16
To be honest, i want Fantasy to roll over Jangbi 3-0! Thanks for the interview, can't wait for the finals!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
July 17 2012 20:12 GMT
#17
was a sick series. gratz to him !
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46484 Posts
July 17 2012 20:13 GMT
#18
Fantasy 3-0 please! Undefeated OSL! SKT Fighting!!!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
July 17 2012 20:20 GMT
#19
"The team's situation isn't that great right now"

KTY
pinball777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States134 Posts
July 17 2012 20:26 GMT
#20
On July 18 2012 05:20 Xxio wrote:
"The team's situation isn't that great right now"



I hope he is referencing the teams position now in proleague. As of late they've been doing better. I hope nothing else is wrong though.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 986
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings270
CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech107
CosmosSc2 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43663
Shuttle 13043
FanTaSy 1508
Hyuk 1023
BeSt 580
Horang2 453
Mini 297
EffOrt 286
Stork 224
Last 169
[ Show more ]
Killer 140
Pusan 139
Zeus 138
sorry 107
Mind 82
Soma 82
Hyun 68
ggaemo 64
Snow 53
hero 51
Sea.KH 51
PianO 41
ToSsGirL 40
Hm[arnc] 34
Bale 29
Aegong 24
JYJ 18
zelot 17
NaDa 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 10
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Dendi1132
qojqva993
XcaliburYe341
Counter-Strike
fl0m2766
byalli1225
x6flipin452
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu433
Khaldor0
Other Games
gofns38068
B2W.Neo990
Livibee155
Hui .149
ArmadaUGS98
Beastyqt86
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2103
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 9m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 9m
Replay Cast
10h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 9m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 9m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.