• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:18
CEST 06:18
KST 13:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8254 users

[Toronto] pre-NASL BBQ

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 04:04:07
July 02 2012 20:18 GMT
#1
Hello Team Liquid!

+ Show Spoiler +
After posting in the NASL event thread and getting some feedback, it looks like there's enough interest for a gathering of our fellow liquipedians before the NASL in Toronto.

edit: Please register on the facebook event page if possible. This will give me a good idea of how many people are coming and how much meat/drinks I need to buy. Thanks a lot guys
Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/425795977465348/?context=create

What: I will be hosting a BBQ at my house for those of us in the city to gather and chill, eat, drink and enjoy some pre-NASL shenanigans.

When: Friday, July 13. As of now, I have set the start time for 3pm. If this doesn't work for everybody/needs changing, post in the thread/event page on facebook and I will make changes

Where: 331 Betty Ann Drive, Toronto, Ontario. I live near the Bathurst/Sheppard area, and my house is about a 20 minute walk from the North York Centre subway station. If you choose to take the bus up Bathurst, there's a bus stop about 2 minutes from my house at the Bathurst/Ellerslie intersection.

According to the GTAA airport limo service website, they charge a flat rate of $50.00 to my neighbourhood. I have no idea if they're more expensive than the average taxi-cab (or if they even are an average taxi service altogether), but I'd imagine if you're planning to cab here that you anticipate spending anywhere up to that amount

Directions: You can google map out some driving directions, but here are a few different and detailed TTC directions for those of you coming here from the airport (and they'll be pretty applicable to people TTCing from anywhere south of my house)
+ Show Spoiler +

TTC Subway Map: http://www3.ttc.ca/Subway/interactivemap.jsp

1. Take the TTC's 192 Airport Rocket bus to Kipling Subway Station. From there you can either:
- Ride the Bloor line (green) to Bathurst subway station. Get on the 7 Bathurst North bus. Take north to Ellerslie Avenue stop(3 lights north of Sheppard Ave). Walk up the path from the park to Betty Ann Drive (this will apply to anyone coming up Bathurst) This bus trip will take anywhere from 30-50 minutes depending on traffic.
- Ride the Bloor line (green) to Bloor-Yonge subway station. Go north on the Yonge line subway (second yellow line you'll intersect) to North York Centre subway station. Walk west (away from Yonge Street) down Park Home Avenue until the street ends. One block north is Betty Ann Drive, continue west on Betty Ann 'til house 331.
- Ride the Bloor line (green) to Spadina subway station. Get on the University Line (first yellow line you'll hit) to Downsview subway station. Get on the 84 Sheppard Avenue bus (heading eastbound) to Bathurst Street. From here you can either walk ten minutes north to Ellerslie or take the Bathurst bus a few stops.

2. Take the GO transit bus to either Yorkdale Mall or York Mills subway station.
- Yorkdale is on the University subway line. If you take this route, go north on the subway to Downsview station. Get on the 84 Sheppard Avenue bus (heading eastbound) to Bathurst Street. From here you can either walk ten minutes north to Ellerslie or take the Bathurst bus a few stops.

- York Mills station is on the Yonge subway line. If you take this route, go north on the subway to North York Centre subway station. Walk west (away from Yonge Street) down Park Home Avenue until the street ends. One block north is Betty Ann Drive, continue west on Betty Ann 'til house 331.

For those going to North York Centre:
It's about a 5 dollar cab ride from North York Centre to my house. If you're going to be one of the first few TL'ers here we can arrange for me to pick you up from the subway station, but once people start arriving I'd prefer not to leave the house to get you.


note FOR THOSE OF YOU NEW TO TORONTO/THE TTC, YOU WILL NEED TO GET A TRANSFER AT THE DOWNSVIEW SUBWAY STATION TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE BUSES WITHOUT PAYING FARE AGAIN. This is not the case if you take the Bathurst bus north from Bathurst Station.


For those of you taking the subway, there's an exceptionally convenient LCBO inside Empress Walk, which is located at the North York Centre subway stop.

Notes:
- I will be buying burgers, hot dogs, pop and some beer. I emphasize some so that if any of you feel inclined to get particularly loaded on Friday, I'd truly appreciate you bringing some of your own booze so that there's enough beer for everyone haha.
- If anyone has allergies to anything, would like veggie burgers, or has any other specific accommodations they'd like made, please let me know ahead of time so I can see to it that they're addressed for you.
- I have a fairly large, yet overly friendly dog. If anyone has a problem with dogs you should be aware + Show Spoiler +
but how could you not love this face? [image loading]

- I have wireless internet access at my house if anyone wants to bring computers to game, and there are several cyber cafes within a 15-20 minute walking distance if we feel like filling one up with drunken Starcraft fans.

I do not expect anyone to bring money or pay for this event, however if you're able to bring some munchies/pop/whatever it'd be much appreciated! (Or if you're feeling especially generous, even 5 dollars to offset some of the food and alcohol costs would be, as always, much appreciated)

I will update the OP with more information closer to the date (such as the actual time lol).
Feel free to PM with any questions.

Looking forward to meeting you all and having a blast (while in the meantime, if at all possible, keeping my house in one piece)!

Alex aka 'Durp'
@ledurp

Post BBQ Update:
Hey TL. A special thanks to everybody who showed up. It was an absolute blast hosting you all, and I had a truly amazing time. I really enjoyed getting to meet each and every one of you (yes, even CombatEX) and I'm exceptionally happy that this event was able to go through without a hitch.

Drinks and chills were a plenty, there were some epic Simpsons Chess games, some absolutely ridiculous discussions (14 year old's knowledge of STDs, prostitutes and Atlantis Spacebear) and no shortage of awesome video game conversations! (Seriously, the towns in original Pokemon are all named after colours?!? My mind is still blown). And, of course, some great NASL predictions (my Puma 3peat prediction didn't turn out as I planned).

I really, truly appreciate the generous contributions from everyone to help me offset the costs (you guys all pitched in well over one hundred dollars, thank you soooo much!) and to everyone who brought some booze, chips, or what have you- it's all gone to good use (though I'm still working on finishing off all the extra beer).

I hope you all enjoyed yourselves (I surely did!) and I'm looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow at the event and during the after party.

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
this group picture doesn't do the BBQ justice, we're missing at least a dozen people from this photo (ANDREW WHERE ARE YOU) and most especially our Thunder Bay trio that provided the awesome nightcap to a great day!
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Gulpttub
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark16 Posts
July 02 2012 21:24 GMT
#2
Not going, but, must say that you are an amazing person to throw this kind of party without wanting anything in return. Hope you have a great party that supports the spirit of SC2 and your generous offer to the community!

Respect from Denmark!
CrayonPopChoa
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada761 Posts
July 02 2012 21:43 GMT
#3
OH MY GAH! This is an amazing idea. Im so in!!

If there is one thing I love doing its bringing booze to a party. Thx for the LCBO heads up ^^

Hoping for a sunny day. Also how many people do you think can hang out in your backyard?

BW4LIFE
JamesArk
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada37 Posts
July 02 2012 21:57 GMT
#4
Ahh if I lived in Toronto I'd be down, sadly I do not best of luck
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
July 02 2012 23:10 GMT
#5
I, unfortunately, do not live in Canada.

You are an amazing person for offering to do this for your fellow SC2 fans. Huge props. I've said it in previous threads, but the generosity of TL.net members never ceases to amaze me.
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 23:21:04
July 02 2012 23:19 GMT
#6
On July 03 2012 06:43 ChoiSulli wrote:
OH MY GAH! This is an amazing idea. Im so in!!

If there is one thing I love doing its bringing booze to a party. Thx for the LCBO heads up ^^

Hoping for a sunny day. Also how many people do you think can hang out in your backyard?


I can hold a pretty decent amount comfortably. Our deck can seat about 10 or 12 comfortably, plus there's a lower landing which can easily hold another dozen or so. Then, if it comes to it, there's enough space for folding tables in the backyard for yet another dozen. Conservatively I'd say I could have 30 or so people there comfortably.

On July 03 2012 06:24 Gulpttub wrote:
Not going, but, must say that you are an amazing person to throw this kind of party without wanting anything in return. Hope you have a great party that supports the spirit of SC2 and your generous offer to the community!

Respect from Denmark!

On July 03 2012 08:10 ayaz2810 wrote:
I, unfortunately, do not live in Canada.

You are an amazing person for offering to do this for your fellow SC2 fans. Huge props. I've said it in previous threads, but the generosity of TL.net members never ceases to amaze me.


Thank you so much for the kind words. I've always felt that this community is full of awesome people I'd like to get to know in real life, and I hope that more and more people start opening themselves up to interacting with others. It's absolutely my pleasure to host fellow starcraft 2 fans.
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Pazuzu
Profile Joined July 2011
United States632 Posts
July 02 2012 23:28 GMT
#7
the fact that people are beginning to do things like this is incredible. i won't be able to go but im so impressed. Good job OP and thank you for everyone!
"It is because intuition is sometimes right, that we don't know what to do with it"
Swilvan
Profile Joined March 2011
113 Posts
July 02 2012 23:38 GMT
#8
dang, if I wouldn't be half way across the world I'd marinade some chicken satay and come over to chill!
GeedrAhsc
Profile Joined July 2011
United States97 Posts
July 03 2012 00:15 GMT
#9
Wow, this is a really, really good idea and awesome thing to do. Alas, I don't live in the area, but that's fantastic to hear this stuff happens.
Galleon.frigate
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada721 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 17:11:24
July 03 2012 17:10 GMT
#10
Just pull the trigger and make it happen, if you have a group way of heading to the event even better, I'm not really in the area so prob won't make it, but I'm sure a few people will stop by


edit typo
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
July 03 2012 17:17 GMT
#11
On July 04 2012 02:10 Galleon.frigate wrote:
Just pull the trigger and make it happen, if you have a group way of heading to the event even better, I'm not really in the area so prob won't make it, but I'm sure a few people will stop by


edit typo

We've already got about ten people that are planning to come, the issue isn't whether or not to do it, but rather a time to start it that works for the group.

Hopefully you find a way to make it down
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 17:22:21
July 03 2012 17:19 GMT
#12
Damn I'm going to NASL with friends but we won't be heading up itll Saturday morning Would have been awesome to come to this!

Edit: Are there games being played friday night? I haven't seen any schedule from NASL and there page says its for the 14th-15th which would be saturday and sunday??? If the games are friday I'll probably be in. Not sure if my friends can get that day off work now.. but if they can, you will have 3 more people
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 17:25:18
July 03 2012 17:25 GMT
#13
On July 04 2012 02:19 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Damn I'm going to NASL with friends but we won't be heading up itll Saturday morning Would have been awesome to come to this!

Edit: Are there games being played friday night? I haven't seen any schedule from NASL and there page says its for the 14th-15th which would be saturday and sunday??? If the games are friday I'll probably be in. Not sure if my friends can get that day off work now.. but if they can, you will have 3 more people

From my understanding they do not start until saturday

Hopefully you guys can get the friday off, would love to have you three down!
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
tMorris
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada9 Posts
July 03 2012 17:40 GMT
#14
Is the time totally fluid? Or were you thinking mid day type thing?

I'm free after 5 and would be 100% be down to come after that
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
July 03 2012 17:47 GMT
#15
Sounds like a good ol time! Enjoy yourselves, your dog looks awesome
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
July 03 2012 17:49 GMT
#16
On July 04 2012 02:40 tMorris wrote:
Is the time totally fluid? Or were you thinking mid day type thing?

I'm free after 5 and would be 100% be down to come after that

As of now it really could be whenever. I have absolutely no start or finish time in mind, so definitely you should make it out!
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
dde
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada796 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 18:12:21
July 03 2012 17:55 GMT
#17
I wonder how far it is from the actual convention centre.
yes
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
July 03 2012 18:38 GMT
#18
i would have showed u my marinating skillz if i had the time..
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
PhothreeniX
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 19:00:09
July 03 2012 18:58 GMT
#19
On July 04 2012 02:55 dde wrote:
I wonder how far it is from the actual convention centre.


http://goo.gl/maps/TmQf

Not too far. I'd be down to come for a BBQ as I live just 10 minutes up Bathurst.
Rwars
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada33 Posts
July 03 2012 19:08 GMT
#20
Oh Im totally down
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 296
NeuroSwarm 183
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17455
Dewaltoss 152
Bale 51
Terrorterran 21
Noble 5
League of Legends
JimRising 815
Counter-Strike
taco 378
Other Games
summit1g13331
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1298
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 17
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota281
League of Legends
• Lourlo1086
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 42m
Replay Cast
18h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.