• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:05
CEST 23:05
KST 06:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7736 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XVI

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 06 2012 18:16 GMT
#7
/in

Haven't played in a while but i'd like to get back into mafia.
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 02:45 GMT
#91
"Tunneling" is not a good thing to do. Of course, there exists a point between "tunneling" and pursuing a lead that murks the waters.

Maybe we should think about on our strategy? At least something to pull and potential lurkers out and get some discussion going.
I'll start:
We should have a roll call of every person at latest 4-5 hours before voting period. Anyone agree or disagree?
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 02:47 GMT
#92
Er not roll call, that's not the word i was looking for. I mean look for at least 1 or 2 posts from each person 4-5 hours before the voting period.
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 02:50 GMT
#94
On June 09 2012 11:48 grush57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 11:47 KtheZ wrote:
Er not roll call, that's not the word i was looking for. I mean look for at least 1 or 2 posts from each person 4-5 hours before the voting period.

Yeah, you should always check people's filters and make analysis on them.


Yeah but we can't do this if there are people who don't talk. Thus I'm trying to create discussion.
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 03:11 GMT
#109
What kind of policy lynching would be a good idea for us? Lynch all liars and lynch lurkers (in the absence of a clear majority)?
Just a couple suggestions of mine.

My two cents on the grush debate unfolding:
grush has given a minor scumtell but it doesnt hurt to keep discussing the situation. Once we get enough opinions we could probably have enough information (hopefully) to decide an educated day 1 lynch.
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 03:14 GMT
#111
On June 09 2012 12:12 grush57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 12:09 Release wrote:
On June 09 2012 12:07 grush57 wrote:
Yeah, but I'm not a lurker.

Therefore, in your agenda, you won't be lynched. Pretty funny how logic works isn't it?


Yeah but I want scum lynched not necessarily a lurker. However, if there are no clear scum then a lurker lynch would be best.


What kind of criterion is "clear scum"? A majority?
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 03:16 GMT
#112
We obviously don't want to go into bandwagon syndrome (for a majority) and bandwagon after 1 person does some minor analysis; We will win if everyone does analysis of their own analysis and fingers point at the correct people
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 03:35 GMT
#124
I think we're straying a little deeper into ad hominem territory than needed gentlemen
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 16:50 GMT
#150
On June 09 2012 18:11 The_Zen_Man wrote:
Hey guys, just woke up(time difference suck).

I have read some of the grush-release discussion, and i can say that i did found Grush comment weird. Also some of his later post is also strange. I will post a analysis on him later.

But release, you are going against him to hard. You said it yourself before, that your comment is useless to anyone but grush. If it's like that, you should let others give their opinions about him, and focus on someone else for a bit.

Also, as to my opinions on lynching, i agree that in case there is a hard lurker and no scum reads we should lynch the lurker, as he is not contributing anyways. But lynching with not much information (like d1) will probably result in a misslynch. We still gain information even is there is no lynch, by observing how players act before lynch, what they vote for, reaction after lynch, etc.



Personally I think its ok for release to keep pressuring grush; I'm interested in grush's responses. The more he talks the more evidence he will create for or against himself.
Although, as noted in my earlier comment, ad hominem gets us nowhere, so hopefully it wont degenerate into that.
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 09 2012 22:24 GMT
#192
When does day end?
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 05:19 GMT
#219
Considering the current state of affairs between grush and ha:

I think its good that we've been able to come up with enough analysis to be able to FoS two individuals on the first day.

Grush:
His first post, which implied encouragement of less discussion day 1, definitely struck me as something a scum might do. In the ensuing discussion he started OMGUS-ing a little, and met release's scathing cross-examination with responses of his own. I applaud release for FoSing Grush, not because grush may be scum, but because he managed to squeeze out precious information on this first day. This new debate over ha was only possible because release decided to talk. Anyway, after looking over grush's responses and his final "okay im done with this shit" post, he does seem slightly scummy.
Considering the lack of useful information he has provided within the span of 30-40ish posts, and my feel over reading his posts, I would place the ballpark of him being scum being around 44-55% (Which is much higher than the average person, 11%)

ha: To be released
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 07:23 GMT
#221
ha: I've looked through his posts and, besides a soft defense of grush, he doesn't appear that scummy to me.

Personal risk analysis:
chance ha is mafia: 22-25%
chance ha is mafia given grush flips:44-55%

All of these percentages are based on "as of now"
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 18:35 GMT
#239
Just for the sake of clarity:

I like to use numbers because it indicates the degree of suspicion i currently have toward specific persons. I think its much more useful to town if they know my current standings toward people in a numeric form, and can convince me otherwise.

As for Grush:

I think this is the first time you have finally made an accusation up front, that ha is obviously mafia. It strikes me as awkward that you would attack someone who soft defended you.
Enough about you, lets talk about me!

Why would you not advocate me providing more information to town: that is, my current suspicions in numeric form and my thoughts.
Looking at my suspicion percentages, I am following my policy to NOT TUNNEL. I'm not sure who is mafia, and my percentages reflect that. I'm keeping an open mind.

You really need to stop OMGUS-ing anyone who suspects you. All I said there is a probable chance that you're mafia.

P.S. "Besides defending a suspicious player and being very suspicious, he isn't scummy to me."
What the heck? If someone is suspicious they are scummy. This is another contradiction in your post.
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 18:51 GMT
#241
So now that it is time to decide who to lynch, we should think about whose lynch will provide the most information.

The current FoS/Lynch votes have been directed to:

grush<---- Release(voted), me
ha<------- s0lstice
The_zen_man<-------- Lazermonkey(FoS)
Lazermonkey<---------- The_Zen_man(FoS)
Or something like this.

To me, the most probable first day lynch will be grush or ha. (zen man and lazermonkey have been trading blows with one another, but we havent paid attention to that all that much)

What info will lynching grush provide us?
grush's stance toward:
ha: Thinks he is mafia, but was soft defended by ha.
Release: reads town on release, was the individual to put grush into spotlight
KtheZ: Suspicious because he didn't notice how ha is "obviously" mafia
s0Lstice: He seems positively inclined toward s0Lstice
Vivax: Thinks he is mafia, because he was lurker (does position change now that hes posting?)

Note:No noted opinions on others

What info will lynching ha provide us?
grush:soft defended by ha
KtheZ: unconvinced ha is mafia
s0Lstice: FoSed/Voted ha
ShiaoPi: Advocated pushing ha for more info
Note: I haven't seen many of ha's own opinions on others, just him defending hiimself.
No noted opinions on others.

ShiaoPi, you should post some more! I'm curious to hear your position on things!
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 18:53 GMT
#242
Now that I think about it, it might be more like something like this:

grush<---- Release(voted), me(FoS), s0Lstice(FoS)
ha<------- s0lstice(voted), ShiaoPi(FoS?), grush(FoS)
The_zen_man<-------- Lazermonkey(FoS)
Lazermonkey<---------- The_Zen_man(FoS)
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 18:56 GMT
#243
I think I'll place my vote on grush for now. If new compelling evidence comes up, I'm definitely open to accepting it.

##Vote: grush57
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 18:58 GMT
#244
Feel free to copy-paste the little list and fill it with your own thoughts!
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 19:20 GMT
#248
On June 11 2012 04:04 s0Lstice wrote:
KtheZ is rocketing up the scum charts.

We lynch to kill scum. Period. Factoring in what information our target will give to decide our lynch candidate is ludicrous. You suggesting it is scummy.

People have already talked about your percentage nonsense, so I won't rehash beyond saying that it paints you in a very bad light. If you are aiming to get lynched, keep doing it. We want words, not numbers.


I am definitely lynching to kill scum. Lynching to kill scum and factoring what information can be netted are not mutually exclusive; I was listing what information we would gain based on who we lynched.
I agree that I phrased that poorly. What I meant was that given the lynch, look at what information we gain. I did not intend for the factoring in of information to be a vote-changer.

I don't understand what is wrong with this "percentage nonsense". If supplemented with analysis it provides a snapshot of my current views on people, which I feel provides more information to town.
However, if people think it is anti-town, I will stop.
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 19:22 GMT
#250
EBWOP:
To add to the previous statement:
Although an explanation of how it is anti-town would be appreciated.
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
June 10 2012 21:24 GMT
#280
Since ha cannot vote for himself, a lynch for today would take either: grush and shiaopi voting for ha or someone switching their vote to ha.
or: A lot of vote-switching
Obvious things aside,

Although I am not convinced ha is scum, if it comes down to a no-lynch I will switch my vote to ha. I have read his posts and s0Lstice/Release's arguments and have concluded that he is a reasonable second to grush.

I have now read through Lazermonkey's posts about Zen_Man. After seeing Zen_Man's wishy-washy voting (voting grush without analysis, and his attempts to reduce the cross-examination of grush) I am suspicious enough to at least FoS him.
FoS: The_Zen_Man
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O162
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 570
ZZZero.O 162
Hyun 58
soO 52
Dota 2
qojqva2412
monkeys_forever0
League of Legends
Doublelift2015
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4309
Liquid`Hasu641
Other Games
summit1g7187
FrodaN1577
KnowMe366
Pyrionflax197
420jenkins190
Livibee166
QueenE100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick651
StarCraft 2
angryscii 38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 41
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie969
• Shiphtur600
• Scarra409
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 55m
Patches Events
17h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 55m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.