• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:12
CEST 04:12
KST 11:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9579 users

I'm a cop you idiot mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 13 2012 10:52 GMT
#15
/in
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 13 2012 10:53 GMT
#17
On April 13 2012 19:52 Blazinghand wrote:
/in


On April 13 2012 19:52 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
/in


[image loading]
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 13 2012 23:46 GMT
#55
On April 14 2012 08:13 Bluelightz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 07:17 Tunkeg wrote:
So this have been churning in my mind all day:

COP CLAIM.

Now that we have doc protection on night 0, cop should claim and doc should heal him. Why do I think this is a great idea:

Pros:
1. We get a confirmed town or a counterclaim.

1. a. We got a confirmed town, which makes it easier for us to scumhunt.
1. b. We get a 1 for 1 trade with scum. Which isn't as great is pretty great considering there are only 2 scums in this game.

2. Scum will be shooting in to the 4 townies leftover (Doc must protect cop after claim obviously). They will then have a 1/4=25% chance to hit one of our important blue players, instead of a 2/5=40% chance of hitting one of our blue players.

3. As long as cop is alive we get a new confirmed town for every day or a scum. Cop should post his checks as vanilla town=town. Scum= scum. Doc= Checked doc will not reveal. On day one this narrows the field to either 2 confirmed town and 4 remaining players giving us a 50% chance to lynch scum (which should increase by reasoning). Or it gives us the first scum to lynch.

Cons.

1. Scum knows our Cop (obv).

2. Scum can lynch into any other town at night, securing guaranteed kill knowing doc is on cop. This also include picking of the ones Cop reveals as confirmed townies the night after they are reveales.

3. If Doc is killed or lynched we lose our Cop, and we will be in some real trouble.


So guys any thoughts on this? I am for a Cop claim.


Tunkeg, its insta-lylo tommorow if mafia get an NK.


That doesn't make his idea wrong though. Look, here's what's gonna happen D1: we'll be at lylo. Our cop needs to claim NOW, and get medic protection, and NOT call who he is checking.

Scenario A (cop does not claim): We enter D1 and the mafia has possibly shot the cop. The cop can claim at this point and we have 2 confirmed town, or 1 confirmed town and 1 confirmed scum. If the cop got shot, though, we're flying blind.
Scenario B (cop DOES claim): We enter D2 and the mafia cannot have shot the cop, because the medic protected him overnight. THE COP CANNOT HAVE BEEN SHOT, meaning we have 2 confirmed town, or 1 confirmed town and 1 confirmed scum.

I think that even though it's gonna be LYLO tomorrow, the cop should claim, and the medic should just protect him.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 13 2012 23:53 GMT
#57
Ok.

Bear in mind that the night is pretty short (only 10 hours left). I'll be around for some time. The only reason I brought this up again was that an N0 claim could be more advantageous than a D1 claim-- mafia has no RB.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:16 GMT
#60
[image loading]

Is anyone else around?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:31 GMT
#64
I agree strongly. In this setup the cop will basically HAVE to claim D1 since we'll be at lylo, and claiming N0 is superior to claiming D1. Guaranteeing the cop surviving the night is worth it.

I am the cop.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:33 GMT
#65
I'm not calling my check beforehand since mafia will just kill who I'm checking. I'll announce my result as soon as D1 starts.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:38 GMT
#70
On April 14 2012 09:36 Tunkeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 09:31 Blazinghand wrote:
I agree strongly. In this setup the cop will basically HAVE to claim D1 since we'll be at lylo, and claiming N0 is superior to claiming D1. Guaranteeing the cop surviving the night is worth it.

I am the cop.


Lie, I didnt go to bed, I am the real cop! There you have it!


Well, that was quick. So you went to bed, but you were actually here watching the thread so you could counter claim the cop, huh. I know you're scum.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:38 GMT
#71
On April 14 2012 09:37 Radfield wrote:
If so it means the medic is free to pick from the remaining players as both Tunkeg and Blazinghand will surely survive the night.


This is true. Scum won't shoot a claimed cop since their counterclaiming scum will get lynched the next day.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:43 GMT
#77
On April 14 2012 09:39 Tunkeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
On April 14 2012 09:36 Tunkeg wrote:
On April 14 2012 09:31 Blazinghand wrote:
I agree strongly. In this setup the cop will basically HAVE to claim D1 since we'll be at lylo, and claiming N0 is superior to claiming D1. Guaranteeing the cop surviving the night is worth it.

I am the cop.


Lie, I didnt go to bed, I am the real cop! There you have it!


Well, that was quick. So you went to bed, but you were actually here watching the thread so you could counter claim the cop, huh. I know you're scum.


I don't care what you think We get the one for one trade on you and me, so no problem. I allready sent my night check in on you though BH, so it was a good move to claim cop, cause I would have figured you out by tomorrow. Now I change my check


All I need to do is find your scumbuddy and town wins this ez. I think I know what's going to happen here though: You're gonna claim you checked the guy who you're shooting N0. He'll wind up dead and you won't "give" any info to town, and if the medic saves him, you're just corroborating an already-confirmed town info.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:45 GMT
#81
On April 14 2012 09:42 Tunkeg wrote:
Yeah, this is indeed very fun now. Didn't think we would get a scum claim on cop first though :D


See, this is what doesn't make sense to me. This game clearly is about the cop claim. It's even called "I'm the cop you idiot."

Let me explain MY thought process up until my claim:

"whether or not I claim is important. I will discuss it with other players until it's clear what the optimal strategy is, then I will execute it immediately".

I don't really understand what you were thinking, adding that big about claims to the discussion then bailin out hard. wouldn't a cop be more worried about the implications of his role? Wouldn't, a scum player, in fact, try to lay some groundwork for his claim but not want to?

Which of us has played like he wants the town to win?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:49 GMT
#85
On April 14 2012 09:46 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 09:43 Blazinghand wrote:
On April 14 2012 09:39 Tunkeg wrote:
On April 14 2012 09:38 Blazinghand wrote:
On April 14 2012 09:36 Tunkeg wrote:
On April 14 2012 09:31 Blazinghand wrote:
I agree strongly. In this setup the cop will basically HAVE to claim D1 since we'll be at lylo, and claiming N0 is superior to claiming D1. Guaranteeing the cop surviving the night is worth it.

I am the cop.


Lie, I didnt go to bed, I am the real cop! There you have it!


Well, that was quick. So you went to bed, but you were actually here watching the thread so you could counter claim the cop, huh. I know you're scum.


I don't care what you think We get the one for one trade on you and me, so no problem. I allready sent my night check in on you though BH, so it was a good move to claim cop, cause I would have figured you out by tomorrow. Now I change my check


All I need to do is find your scumbuddy and town wins this ez. I think I know what's going to happen here though: You're gonna claim you checked the guy who you're shooting N0. He'll wind up dead and you won't "give" any info to town, and if the medic saves him, you're just corroborating an already-confirmed town info.



Yeah, the best part of this is that the scummy has a chance of fucking up the results in the morning.


I just wanted to make sure that tunkeg would look like dick if he used this "strategy" n0. He's going to try to give the least useful check possible.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 00:59 GMT
#89
On April 14 2012 09:51 Tunkeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 09:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On April 14 2012 09:42 Tunkeg wrote:
Yeah, this is indeed very fun now. Didn't think we would get a scum claim on cop first though :D


See, this is what doesn't make sense to me. This game clearly is about the cop claim. It's even called "I'm the cop you idiot."

Let me explain MY thought process up until my claim:

"whether or not I claim is important. I will discuss it with other players until it's clear what the optimal strategy is, then I will execute it immediately".

I don't really understand what you were thinking, adding that big about claims to the discussion then bailin out hard. wouldn't a cop be more worried about the implications of his role? Wouldn't, a scum player, in fact, try to lay some groundwork for his claim but not want to?

Which of us has played like he wants the town to win?


Lol, I would never ever in a million years suggest a cop claim N0 as a scum, as the cop claim is what wins us the game. But if I am not to claim I will pretend to be normal vanilla who brought it up, and who leaves the thread when no one is interested in continuing discussing it.

I'm not sure I fully understand these two sentences. You wouldn't suggest an n0 cop claim as scum... but if you are not to claim, you will... pretend to be a VT, then leave the thread? Isn't that what you did?

On April 14 2012 09:51 Tunkeg wrote:
Why did I pick you for my first nightaction check - Well I consider Radfield and WBG the best players in the game. I assume scum kills one of them if both aren't scum, and I therefor chose the one I consider third, which is you.

I'm honored <3
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 01:00 GMT
#90
On April 14 2012 09:55 Tunkeg wrote:
Bluelightz where you at by the way? To busy discussing with BH in the scumQT or care to bring some imput?

[image loading]
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 02:08 GMT
#102
On April 14 2012 09:46 Tunkeg wrote:
Yeah, BH you will just post town on anyone you have claimed to check tomorrow. I on the other hand will post town, scum or doc even.


That's interesting, because my checks only return as town or scum...
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 02:11 GMT
#103
On April 14 2012 10:20 johnnywup wrote:
EBWOP: That's enough to make me confident you're scum. Scum.

##vote Tunkeg


._.


1) n0
2)

5. This game uses instant majority voting. As soon as someone is hammered they're dead. Please be respectful and stop talking immediately even if a host is not around to flip you. Just say GG and wait for the flip
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 02:12 GMT
#104
That being said, I appreciate the sentiment.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 02:36 GMT
#106
On April 14 2012 11:36 wherebugsgo wrote:
BH and Tunkeg CC each other, yeah?



Yes, but not precisely. Tunkeg claims to be a rolecop, and I'm just a regular cop.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 02:41 GMT
#108
On April 14 2012 11:40 wherebugsgo wrote:
so he's a liar? There are no rolecops in this setup


Frankly? Yes. When he gets back though I'm sure he'll have some excuse for why he claimed rolecop.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 14 2012 10:08 GMT
#131
blow me town
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
RuFF_SC2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1254
Artosis 609
Rain 409
Dewaltoss 54
NaDa 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
Doublelift3797
Counter-Strike
taco 491
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox606
Other Games
summit1g8275
C9.Mang0310
WinterStarcraft285
Maynarde132
ViBE125
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 48m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.