• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:07
CEST 23:07
KST 06:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9357 users

Cant make threads in Strategy section

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Nomad-
Profile Joined February 2011
119 Posts
July 05 2011 12:28 GMT
#1
Hey guys.

I got banned a couple days ago for virtually no reason. I made a thread that didn't follow the guidelines as I didn't see them so edited my thread so that it followed the rules. I made another thread about something that also was structures according to the forum rules but someone banned me just because there was already a thread that was vaguely similar (my thread was definitely unique). The guy said because I was posting "pointless" threads whereas I was posting genuine problems with replays and everything.

But now my ban has been lifted but I still cant post in the strategy forum even though I have legitimate questions to ask. I also find it troubling that the mods here just recklessly throw the ban hammer around whenever they feel like it. I've looked around and this seems the most appropriate place to put this thread even though it technically isn't starcraft 2 related.
Kira__
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
July 05 2011 12:30 GMT
#2
I don't think you should create a thread to ask why your threads were removed/you were banned. This might be against the rules that you've already broken before

Also, cut the admins some slack, they're doing their best to make this a great experience for everyone, but they can make mistakes just like everyone else
The truth is, Yagami-kun, I suspect that you may in fact be Kira.
SayfT
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia298 Posts
July 05 2011 12:31 GMT
#3
Not a post for SC2 General forum mate, you might want to pm a mod to see if you can get posting privelages to the strategy forums, they dont ban/warn for nothing, perhaps you didn't follow the guidelines?

Either way best bet is to pm a mod to see if your issue will be resolved.
For no man will ever turn homewards from beyond Vega to greet again those he knew and loved on Earth
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
July 05 2011 12:31 GMT
#4
You should probably read this.

I believe the proper place for this thread is Website Feedback.
cristo1122
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia505 Posts
July 05 2011 12:34 GMT
#5
public questionig of the users of the mighty ban hammer is dangerous especially when questioning the ban hammer of the strategy section
ZvP imbalanced blizzards solution nerf terran
Virtue
Profile Joined July 2010
United States318 Posts
July 05 2011 12:36 GMT
#6
It is possible to be banned from just the Strategy forum, so I assume that they did that to you since you didn't follow their standards (according to the mods).
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 12:40:41
July 05 2011 12:40 GMT
#7
Your thread got closed because it's a silly question and it's been asked a hundred times. You can use the search function to find out the answer, or use the stickies on the strat forum to search for a thread pertaining to mech and how to deal with it. You can also use the Simple Questions Simple Answers thread to ask questions that might not be thread worthy. Generally, if you're posting on the strat forum, and you're only going to put a paragraph into your thread when you start it, just post in that thread instead.
Kamikiri
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1319 Posts
July 05 2011 12:50 GMT
#8
Looking through your post history none of your threads you created were justified, every single question you asked could have been asked in the simple questions thread, you quite clearly did not follow the forum rules do not blame the admins. On top of that you are also breaking the forum rules making a thread like this, this is not the battle.net forums you do not make threads for random stuff that has already been answered and you can ask in simple questions thread, next time read the forum guidelines again and try to use the search functions.
pangshai
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Chinatown5333 Posts
July 05 2011 14:16 GMT
#9
On July 05 2011 21:40 goiflin wrote:
You can use the search function to find out the answer, or use the stickies on the strat forum to search for a thread pertaining to mech and how to deal with it. You can also use the Simple Questions Simple Answers thread to ask questions that might not be thread worthy. Generally, if you're posting on the strat forum, and you're only going to put a paragraph into your thread when you start it, just post in that thread instead.


On July 05 2011 21:31 kuresuti wrote:
You should probably read this.


you are temp banned from the strategy forums for another 5 days. if you have, however, read and comprehended the strategy forum stickies like i suggested, i will be glad to lift the ban.
#1 midas fan
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 17:11:03
July 05 2011 16:33 GMT
#10
Hi there! I'm here to clear up some mistakes in your OP. Let's start!

I got banned a couple days ago for virtually no reason.
This is self-defeating by your next sentence.
I made a thread that didn't follow the guidelines

So it seems like you made a thread without following the guidelines. That should probably only have warranted a warning, but as we will see, you had just received a warning on the same day for ignoring the guidelines.

Okay, next you play the victim with the following:

as I didn't see them so edited my thread so that it followed the rules.

Here's your thread. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=239771#1 You made a single edit to add a second replay. In its final, edited form, this thread doesn't follow the guidelines. You made zero effort to analyse your own mistakes nor did you ask any pointed questions. It boils down to "Why did I lose?", which is the prime example of Strategy Forum threads that are closed and warned.

I made another thread about something that also was structures according to the forum rules but someone banned me just because there was already a thread that was vaguely similar (my thread was definitely unique).

This is just a blatant lie. You were never banned for making a redundant thread - You were banned for ignoring the Strategy Forum guidelines several times on the same day. You have the following warning / ban reasons (Notice that none of them reference redundancy):


1. Warning #1
While different opinions are welcome, please try to keep debate civil. Flaming is unacceptable on these forums, and ad hominem attacks are not appreciated.

2. Warning #2
We try to make your life easier by creating a set of SC2 Strategy Forum Guidelines. You are making our lives hard because either you haven't read them or you are disregarding them.

Please reread them and make sure to follow them in the future. Since SC2 is very new and we are fighting the flood of bad posting this is the only warning you will get.

3. Warning #3 (same day)
Read the strategy forum stickies

4. Ban from Strategy Forum #1 (note that Strategy Forum bans do not have reasons sent out with them)

5. Ban #1 (same day)
Can you please stop making terrible threads in the strategy forum?


The guy said because I was posting "pointless" threads whereas I was posting genuine problems with replays and everything.

Maybe it was sent via PM, but it certainly wasn't in the ban reason. "Pointless" would have been the wrong word. "Terrible" (which is the word he actually used in the ban reason), "Fruitless" and "Devoid of any effort" are probably better descriptions. Essentially you dumped some replays and said "Why did I lose"? Then you followed up with "They make blue flame Hellions and 5+ Thors what do I do?" Can't you see that these threads are self-serving and have zero possibility of yielding meaningful discussion?

But now my ban has been lifted but I still cant post in the strategy forum even though I have legitimate questions to ask.

As a precaution against your terrible posts, you were given a temporary ban for 7 days from the Strategy Forum. It will be automatically lifted in 5 days.

I also find it troubling that the mods here just recklessly throw the ban hammer around whenever they feel like it.

I find your criticism unfounded. Your lies and exaggeration in the face of ban and posting logs do not bode well for your future.

Please actually read the Strategy Forum guidelines. You've been warned and banned for it 3 times now. Instead of making this thread, just READ THE GUIDELINES.
Moderator
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
July 05 2011 17:23 GMT
#11
To expound upon what Chill said, the reason such strict rules are in place is so that:
We can make sure the creator of threads aren't using TL as their personal Yahoo answers for Starcraft games. It takes a lot of time and effort to go through a replay and point out mistakes and ways to improve, and while there are many people genuinely interesting in helping you out in this way, it's just not fair to them if you whip up a poorly written ten second OP and expect good advice.
Moreover, we want to minimize spam in the Strategy Forum, and "how did I lose this game help me" threads qualify as spam. Also, making a new thread about something when there are ongoing discussions and/or resolved discussions, without bringing anything new to the table, qualifies as spam.
Finally, a major part of your growth as a player is the ability to analyze your own game and learn from your mistakes. Yes, we're here to help you along the way. But you're only hurting yourself in the long run if you try to find the easy way out by having other people do your thinking for you.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 05 2011 19:31 GMT
#12
I have a secret tactic for not getting banned from the strat forum.

I call it keeping my dumb bronze ass out of there, since I know there's a million things I should work on before asking strategy related questions.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
July 06 2011 02:01 GMT
#13
Wow Chill.

You sure put a lot of effort into that post. Patience of a saint. Why anyone would create a thread to complain about this is beyond me. I think I might bookmark this incase one of those "the mods are too harsh" posts pops up.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
July 06 2011 02:24 GMT
#14
On July 06 2011 04:31 JingleHell wrote:
I have a secret tactic for not getting banned from the strat forum.

I call it keeping my dumb bronze ass out of there, since I know there's a million things I should work on before asking strategy related questions.

THIS. Please understand this.
posting on liquid sites in current year
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
July 06 2011 04:20 GMT
#15
On July 06 2011 11:01 Probulous wrote:
Wow Chill.

You sure put a lot of effort into that post. Patience of a saint. Why anyone would create a thread to complain about this is beyond me. I think I might bookmark this incase one of those "the mods are too harsh" posts pops up.

This is like a daily thing almost lol... when I saw the last post was by Chill and started reading the OP I immediately knew what to expect from Chill's post XD
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
July 06 2011 05:13 GMT
#16
On July 06 2011 13:20 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 11:01 Probulous wrote:
Wow Chill.

You sure put a lot of effort into that post. Patience of a saint. Why anyone would create a thread to complain about this is beyond me. I think I might bookmark this incase one of those "the mods are too harsh" posts pops up.

This is like a daily thing almost lol... when I saw the last post was by Chill and started reading the OP I immediately knew what to expect from Chill's post XD


Well that makes it even more impressive. I mean, where is the return on investment?

Chill, your faith in humanity is blinding you to the truth. You can't change them. You can't save them all. Let them go.

In all seriousness, major props for putting up with this stuff.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 564
ProTech135
RuFF_SC2 111
Nina 99
Liquid`TLO 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19589
Mini 145
firebathero 94
Bale 23
PianO 15
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7774
monkeys_forever170
canceldota33
League of Legends
Doublelift3469
Counter-Strike
fl0m1077
Super Smash Bros
PPMD1
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu947
Other Games
summit1g5333
FrodaN1268
Beastyqt537
shahzam458
mouzStarbuck302
B2W.Neo289
ToD222
C9.Mang0126
RotterdaM85
UpATreeSC68
Mew2King44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• mYiSmile112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1080
• Shiphtur550
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 8m
Replay Cast
1h 53m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.