• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:56
CEST 17:56
KST 00:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7177 users

[Int] ODT Group A Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 03:13:59
June 22 2011 19:50 GMT
#1
QQ sucks.


On June 23 2011 11:14 OpticalShot wrote:
(Z)Jaedong: "I'll unleash my fiery desires in the games to come."

[image loading]

Hwaseung's ace Jaedong stated that he'll "flourish like bright flames" in the starleague stages ahead. Now that he's overcome the initial challenge of being the same dual tournament group as Flash, he said that "I felt a special desire inside of me and that's why I advanced with 2 wins." He also added, "I haven't won a title in a while so I'll make it happen in this starleague."

Q: You advanced to the Ro16 with 2 wins.
A: I emptied my mind before arriving here. Couldn't practice much in the past few days. Advancing with 2 wins out of this group, I have to say that I got pretty lucky. Feels good to advance, of course. I told myself to just stick with the basics, and good results followed.

Q: You beat Bogus with ease in set 1.
A: 'New Bloody Ridge' is a pretty good map for ZvT so I'd say the map pool and order worked in my favour. I wasn't very familiar with the map 'Gladiator' so I mainly practiced on that map. Now that I look at it, I hit the right point in terms of practice. If the sets carried onto 'La Mancha', well then, I would have just let the heavens decide.

Q: In set 2, you faced (T)Flash - for the 51st time. There were some shaky moments in the game.
A: First of all, Flash played a tremendous game. For me, I had a large advantage by mid-game so I chose the safest path to victory. Flash played well but I had such a big advantage from the beginning.

Q: Last season, you fell out at the Ro16. Goals for this season?
A: Lately my individual league results have been sub-par. When I first saw the dual tournament groups I sighed... but now that I've advanced out of it, I gained a lot of confidence. It's been a long time since I raised a trophy so this time, my goal is to win the title.

Q: Your team is facing a crucial stretch in the proleague. How will you prioritize your time?
A: For now the practice focus is on proleague. Now that I've advanced cleanly out of the starleague dual tournament, a big load has been shed. I'll take the confidence and momentum boost from today for the upcoming proleague matches.

Q: Any last words?
A: Thanks to all the fans who came out despite the bad weather. It's been quite a while since the last starleague match so I felt refreshed. Before the games began today, I felt that inner desire. I'll keep this for a long time and show everyone how passionate I am. Our team is facing a crucial stretch that will determine our fate regarding the proleague post-season, and we hope to finish with good results. Today was an off-day but (T)Bee and (T)Speed stayed behind to help me practice, so thanks a bunch!

Source: Reporter Woon Sung Park, DES


On June 23 2011 11:45 OpticalShot wrote:
(T)Flash: "Trying to prioritize rehabilitation of my arm"

[image loading]

All day, people could tell from the facial expressions that KT Rolster's ace, Flash, was uncomfortable at the least. After the end of a game, the camera caught him holding his right arm and grimacing. As released on press earlier in the year, there were problems with his arm. It seems now that it's gotten worse. Flash plans to get an MRI on it and prioritize treatment and rehabilitation afterwards. Despite this, Flash continued his consecutive starleague appearance streak today.

Q: First thought on making it to the starleague group stage?
A: I'm happy to have made it. If I lost and fell out of the starleague dual tournament today, I would have to climb all the way from the preliminaries next season. I will not repeat the mistakes I made last season.

Q: You won easily in set 1.
A: I knew that I would advance out of the group if I clenched set 1.

Q: Did you know for sure you would be fine against (T)Bogus and (Z)HyuN?
A: To be honest I wasn't too confident, because I didn't have the amount of practice I would normally have. When I saw the groups get sorted out, I knew I would be ok in my group. Advancing with a 2-1 record isn't the best case scenario, but at the end I advanced and I shall be happy with that.

Q: You played intensely in the winners' set.
A: I wasn't able to hold my mouse properly at times because of my arm. With physical conditions bothering me, I couldn't quite focus fully in the game. I still tried my best until the end so that I can be ready for the final set.

Q: How bad is the injury/illness?
A: I started receiving treatment yesterday. In two days I'll go get an MRI. My doctor told me that the nerves aren't damaged and the problem is only in my muscles, so I suppose it's not as bad as it could have been. Still I have trouble loosening my arm muscles after they get super tense. Doctor told me that I should be ok to continue my career as a progamer after the treatment. For now, I plan to prioritize treatment and rehabilitation over tournaments and gaming.

Q: So did you fully regain your game focus in the final set?
A: Not really. Even in the final set I didn't feel like I was in full control. After two weeks of treatment, I should be able to show my usual form in the games. Our organization have done its best in finding me the best possible medical help.

Q: Goal for this starleague?
A: I haven't settled on one yet. Lately I've been depressed - somewhat because I've been losing a lot, but more so because I'm worried about my arm/hand. I'll do what I can for this starleague. My team also reminded me that this season isn't the end of the world and I have to continue my career so I should focus on the treatment.

Q: Any last words?
A: First of all, thanks to the managers and coaches for connecting me to the best rehabilitation center available in this country. I was pretty depressed lately due to the injury/illness but I regained belief after seeing the doctor there. Special thanks to Head Coach Lee and Mr. Kim from the organization. I'll do my part in the rehabilitation process so that I can be a true ace player for KT Rolster in the post-season. I hope the fans won't worry too much.

Source: Reporter Woon Sung Park, DES
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
June 22 2011 20:02 GMT
#2
Jaedong is 21-19 head to head against flash. He's actually ahead in the rivalry thanks to the recent 4 wins.
☺
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
June 22 2011 20:06 GMT
#3
--- Nuked ---
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
June 22 2011 20:08 GMT
#4
lol hope JD spends a lil time on OSL... >.> and not too much on SPL
Jaedong and Baby
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 20:41:21
June 22 2011 20:09 GMT
#5
Flash played very well, I'm astonished. My luck was very good in this game, and during the midgame I was in a practically unlosable position. Because I had such a big advantage, I thought if I played it calmly and safely I would be able to take the win but Flash still had a lot left. It was only due to my earlier advantages that I managed to win in the end.


Very true, due to his earlier advantages in the game he was able to win, Flash was so behind but still was able to produce alot of stuff while being stuck for so long on 2-3 bases, but Flash was only able to pressure Jaedong once and from that point onward Jaedong had an advantage.

I do hope that Jaedong can regain his edge in ZvZ though, which could be tough seeing as there is Calm who is seeded, and he is by no means an easy ZvZ opponent to beat.

Jaedong for gold!.

PS: Hawaainpigs hype post actually is true!.

Also, I have proof that Lee Sang Rok brings all the Qts to the yard
[image loading]
[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Why yes this is slightly disturbing that I post this :>.
WriterXiao8~~
Amanebak
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Czech Republic528 Posts
June 22 2011 20:10 GMT
#6
Thank you for interview.
Nice of JD that he is so polite, though he admits that he hadn't practices much. I hope Flash's interview is similar in that regard.
BW
Trajan98
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada203 Posts
June 22 2011 20:12 GMT
#7
I hope Jaedong doesn't have to ZvZ all the way to the finals now seems like he always stuck on the zerg heavy side of the bracket.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
June 22 2011 20:18 GMT
#8
Jaedong with the :3 face. Quite cute.

Funny to hear him say that he advanced without practice and mostly on mechanics. Such a beast lol, especially considering that Flash and Bogus aren't really pushovers.

Anyways, time to watch the VODs!
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Deletrious
Profile Joined December 2007
United States458 Posts
June 22 2011 20:31 GMT
#9
Aaand Jaedong's zvt for the year hits 80% wins. I'm pretty sure he stopped practicing the other matchups because he knows he'll face Flash in the finals.
Bow before the Dongjwa.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10871 Posts
June 22 2011 20:39 GMT
#10
Jaedong looks so happy! this is great! :D gogo the dong fighting
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Mumei
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States270 Posts
June 22 2011 20:43 GMT
#11
On June 23 2011 05:31 Deletrious wrote:
Aaand Jaedong's zvt for the year hits 80% wins. I'm pretty sure he stopped practicing the other matchups because he knows he'll face Flash in the finals.


<3

[image loading]
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
June 22 2011 20:46 GMT
#12
Your thoughts on advancing 2:0
▶ To be honest I didn't really think about today's matches. I practically didn't practice


Ha! So my hype comic was actually accurate.
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
June 22 2011 20:50 GMT
#13
QQ is translating again!
I still have yet to watch the VODs so brb...
[TLMS] REBOOT
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 21:10:45
June 22 2011 21:00 GMT
#14
Thanks for the interview.

On June 23 2011 05:06 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 05:02 Release wrote:
Jaedong is 21-19 head to head against flash. He's actually ahead in the rivalry thanks to the recent 4 wins.


flash has much more boX wins though. which are largely more important

In terms of Bo5s, they are 3:3 against each other. In terms of Bo3s, I think Flash is ahead 3-2 or something like that, not sure.
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 22:30:54
June 22 2011 21:04 GMT
#15
On June 23 2011 04:50 Kyuukyuu wrote:
-snip


EDIT: Uh, nevermind. Since I can't quote the content, ignore this post.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
June 22 2011 21:07 GMT
#16
Don't fucking turn this into a flamewar please

take it to PM if you want to.
WriterXiao8~~
Musou
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1375 Posts
June 22 2011 21:09 GMT
#17
Jaedong is saying Flash played well after the 7 pool vs 8 rax shenanigans which put Flash way behind because he was in the 11 spawn and marines spawned outside his wall.
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
June 22 2011 21:14 GMT
#18
On June 23 2011 06:07 Kipsate wrote:
Don't fucking turn this into a flamewar please

take it to PM if you want to.

Fair enough, I'll edit it to make it less flamey.
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
June 22 2011 21:16 GMT
#19
gogo Jaedong for the OSL title :D
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
June 22 2011 21:18 GMT
#20
hai guise
turns out this is indeed fomos content :< so uh... someone translate DES plox or we're gonna have an empty thread haha
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 141
Rex 45
UpATreeSC 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34587
Calm 3412
Shuttle 2272
Jaedong 1759
Mini 625
Horang2 623
EffOrt 501
Stork 317
Soma 316
Rush 282
[ Show more ]
Larva 256
Soulkey 254
ZerO 219
BeSt 207
Snow 162
firebathero 109
Mong 106
Zeus 96
910 78
hero 77
Mind 67
sorry 52
Hyun 42
Free 38
Shinee 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 28
Shine 26
PianO 25
Killer 24
Aegong 23
JYJ 21
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Hm[arnc] 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5792
Dendi1270
420jenkins212
Counter-Strike
fl0m3715
Fnx 652
x6flipin332
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
ChuDatz33
Other Games
singsing2123
Liquid`RaSZi1240
hiko664
B2W.Neo625
dupreeh483
RotterdaM353
ceh9329
crisheroes289
Khaldor280
Livibee197
TKL 169
Trikslyr102
QueenE91
Dewaltoss51
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• Hinosc 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3141
• WagamamaTV409
League of Legends
• Nemesis2672
Other Games
• Shiphtur753
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4m
The PondCast
18h 4m
INu's Battles
19h 4m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.