• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:20
CEST 12:20
KST 19:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11884 users

Toronto SC2 Community

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Pycckuu
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada77 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-19 00:07:12
March 20 2011 22:14 GMT
#1
Purpose of this thread:
+ Show Spoiler +
To achieve a unified Toronto Starcraft 2 Community through communicating news on events, tournaments, and funzies within our local scene and the broader Starcraft 2 environment.

How I will do this:
+ Show Spoiler +
By updating this main post and sending out an e-mail based newsletter. This post will be a rehash of the e-mail.

Why:
+ Show Spoiler +
Because you touch yourself and it's killing E-Sports

Who Am I:
+ Show Spoiler +
Avid Starcraft 2 enthusiast, Nerd-Baller,

Signing Up for Newsletter:
E-mail me with a request at ruskiesc2@gmail.com

Toronto Event: GSL/Blizzcon October
Date: October 21st (Friday), October 22nd (Saturday)
Where: 3030 Don Mills Road, North York, Ontario, M2J 3C1 Seneca Pub & Infiniti Internet Cafe
Further details: Original Thread, post here to show support

Hey Guys,

So i'm back from the long hiatus. Blah Blah Blah long story short newsletters are also back...semi regularly at the very least.

This week in Toronto there was mad competition stirring up as three simultaneous events took place, one in Markham, one Downtown, and one somewhere in Oakville or something. I attended the Victory Cafe as I always do due to helping out Chromate and the crew whenever I can and was very happy to hear that these guys have organized and to form E-Sports Canada (not the podcast) and will be continuing to provide events for the bigger tournaments as well as their own flavor of tourneys whenever time permitting.

Victory Cafe viewing
+ Show Spoiler +
Victory Cafe was RAMMED. End of story the place was packed, if you were smart enough to come down and stick around you my friend did not miss one of the largest viewings to date. The atmosphere was superb and the O'Canada cheer that went up when the winner was crowned as King of MLG was...chilling... but I gotta say in a good way.


St.Louis viewing
+ Show Spoiler +
I heard good things about St.Louis event but I think the biggest draw back was that MLG took place during a leafs game or something and the poor bar owner was forced to turn down the volume to that hockey can be heard? Sounds like bullshit, these hockey fans need to settle in and watch a real game where the point of the game is not to beat your opponents brain out with a hockey stick.


This week, Seneca Pub. If you've never been to Seneca Pub (and chances are you haven't because it's brand spanking new) it is a pretty sweet bar with TVs all over the place and a SICKLY huge projector screen. Pool tables, dart boards and fooz ball if I remember correctly means that during downtime you can either play standard games or run over to play a few sick matches of sc2. This is gonna be HUGE. I highly recommend.

That's it for this week. Stay tuned and enjoy the influx of Starcraft tournaments happening this month.


It's pronounced Ruskie not Pikachu
divito
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1213 Posts
March 20 2011 22:20 GMT
#2
I imagine there are plenty of GTA players on here (I'm currently in Guelph). What events or things we put together are of course, up to us.

Spazzer has his site, and is looking to produce some events in Ontario as well.
Skype: divito7
Pycckuu
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada77 Posts
March 20 2011 22:32 GMT
#3
That sounds awesome! I hope they work on new things soon, the last thing they did was the Toronto lan right? Unfortunately I had a test to prepare for o.O!
It's pronounced Ruskie not Pikachu
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
March 20 2011 22:48 GMT
#4
whoa i Didn't know about that facebook group even!
insta-joined.
Dwell
WHiSKEY
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada68 Posts
March 21 2011 13:20 GMT
#5
I'm in Oakville.. definitely hoping there are more LAN's coming up!
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
March 21 2011 13:30 GMT
#6
I'm nearby. Not into facebook though.

Add me in game if you want Zorkmid.332
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
March 21 2011 14:21 GMT
#7
On March 21 2011 07:20 divito wrote:
I imagine there are plenty of GTA players on here (I'm currently in Guelph). What events or things we put together are of course, up to us.

Spazzer has his site, and is looking to produce some events in Ontario as well.


Matt Divito from cs?

Yeah I'm in toronto, i'd rather just use whats here on TL though.
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
thragar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada450 Posts
March 21 2011 14:28 GMT
#8
I'm from Toronto (moving to Brampton soon though). Will add you guys when I get home.
Pycckuu
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada77 Posts
March 21 2011 18:43 GMT
#9
I think it's all good, GTA or within an hour or so is definitely "near by" lol as funny as that may sound! Speaking from an events point of you, would just outside of Toronto be easier to get people together for drinks and such or Downtown? I'm thinking of looking into bars and such where we can grab beers/eat and watch future tourneys...thoughts?
It's pronounced Ruskie not Pikachu
DoubleZee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada556 Posts
March 21 2011 18:50 GMT
#10
I live in north york and work 9-5 in the downtown core. I'd be down for some drinking/tourney watching/LANing as long as it's not 3am like the GSL get togethers.
Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!
supaskites
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada7 Posts
March 21 2011 19:12 GMT
#11
Is anyone from the GTA interested in tournament play? I have been thinking of organizing a tourny for a while now and didn't know how to go about gauging interest. Let me know if you'd be interested and if yes, what would you like to see (i.e. min prize pool of $250 for first or $10 bucks for all day casuals, etc).

da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
March 21 2011 19:19 GMT
#12
On March 22 2011 04:12 supaskites wrote:
Is anyone from the GTA interested in tournament play? I have been thinking of organizing a tourny for a while now and didn't know how to go about gauging interest. Let me know if you'd be interested and if yes, what would you like to see (i.e. min prize pool of $250 for first or $10 bucks for all day casuals, etc).


i'd be interested
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
March 21 2011 19:34 GMT
#13
Im intrested too!
and i know i can speak for many others when i say please do it!
There was one not too long ago, and it had a great turn out. I know a few guys drove down from ottawa and montreal. The bigger the prize pool the more people appear from the far outskirts.

Regardless of how big it is, do it anyways! the more lans the better as far as i can tell.
Dwell
WHiSKEY
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada68 Posts
March 21 2011 20:18 GMT
#14
I am definitely in for any LANs in the GTA. It would be nice to find a larger venue as from what I heard, the last LAN was in a small internet cafe and capacity wasn't very large.
Pycckuu
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada77 Posts
March 21 2011 20:55 GMT
#15
Yeah man i'd definitely be down! I'd be willing to do a pitch based system too like everyone who is playing throws in 5 bucks and winner takes takes all but second place, third gets money back or something.
It's pronounced Ruskie not Pikachu
slained
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada966 Posts
March 21 2011 21:05 GMT
#16
I've been to like 8 lans in toronto, a lot of em go on at infiniti and turbo.
UofT has a player list of like 60 people, occasionally me and the other master players get together at a lan, we went this saturday actually.

I had a forum up but it died pretty fast. Maybe I should restart it
Pycckuu
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada77 Posts
March 22 2011 16:54 GMT
#17
Yeah man do that, how do you guys keep in touch? You set things up through like msn, or in-game? Don't tell me you're a hive mind plz
It's pronounced Ruskie not Pikachu
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 22 2011 17:35 GMT
#18
Nope, slained and amonkey are Protoss and Bekho and I are Terran.
Official Entusman #21
ThE_OsToJiY
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada1167 Posts
March 22 2011 17:45 GMT
#19
There are a lot of uoft players for sure. I go to western, but I'm from toronto, so def part of this community.
@ostojiy
Antimage
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1293 Posts
March 22 2011 17:45 GMT
#20
same with most ppl from waterloo - we have a lot of players from the toronto area too
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings106
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 8637
FanTaSy 805
Hyuk 675
Horang2 559
BeSt 451
Stork 182
Pusan 132
Shinee 97
sorry 94
Zeus 87
[ Show more ]
Killer 77
Mind 74
Hyun 70
Last 49
Bonyth 47
ggaemo 47
Bale 43
Snow 43
PianO 36
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 23
ToSsGirL 20
Sacsri 13
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe143
Counter-Strike
byalli605
x6flipin113
Other Games
gofns33998
singsing2297
ArmadaUGS76
Mew2King73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• Adnapsc2 19
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Lourlo1230
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 40m
Replay Cast
12h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 40m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.