• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:04
CEST 20:04
KST 03:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8092 users

[Interview] SWL T1 vs Khan Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 18:09:51
January 30 2011 17:55 GMT
#1
Actually, just Stork... Just a note, this is a translation based on a translation, so please don't take the words too literally and quote them out of context.

[image loading]

- 2-kill and won

▲ I really wanted to play. Recently, I’ve been spending a lot of time on MSL and OSL preparations, and did not practise for SPL, but they let me play any way. I feel bad for my team mates [t/n because they’ve been practising for SPL], but I really wanted to play. It would have been bad if I lost my games, luckily, I got a 2-kill, and it somewhat lessened my regrets


- Bisu got 15 win streak today, and you ended it

▲ I’ve been frequently ending opponents’ streaks. Earlier, I ended Jaedong’s SPL streak. I’ve also had a good record against holding players with streaks; maybe because of this, I wasn’t too concerned with his record.


- Prior to your match, you said to bisu “go easy”

▲ I came late, and just lost a final, I wasn’t in a good mood. Also, on the way back after the OSL final, a lot of annoying things happened, so I wasn’t in the best condition to play. I really wanted Bisu to go easy *laugh*.


- You played a very good game

▲ Whenever I play against Bisu, we don’t usually play normal builds. Bisu’s openings often surprise me, and therefore we usually produce entertaining matches. Luckily, today, I had a BO advantage; I think I won because I was lucky.


- Did you think fantasy would be sent out?

▲ I was praying that they would send out Fantasy. I really wanted to have a rematch; if I were to lose, I wanted the fans to see an exciting match [t/n implying yesterday’s games weren’t exciting]. I lost yesterday’s games, I did not play like I had planned, which left me feeling very regretful.

After the event, we took the KTX (high-speed rail) back; while I was waiting for the train to arrive, I saw three of my fans waiting as well. While waiting, they bought toasts [t/n not sure], I actually really wanted to buy it for them, but my wallet was in my backpack and my teammates were holding it for me; I really want the opportunity to buy it for them next time. In order to support me, they took the KTX all the way to the finals, but I was too ashamed to meet and greet them and could only hide far away. There were so many fans there to cheer for me, but because I lost, I was not able to host a fan event, and did not say “hello”, I am truly sorry. When I saw so many fans today despite my loss yesterday, I did not want to have these people witness me losing again. Through today’s game, I want people to know: in the past, I would be impacted with such a loss, but now that I am older and more mature, I will return to form immediately even after losing.
 

- Almost everyone expected you to win yesterday

▲ I played against Sea in RO16 and Hiya in RO8, I already mastered the counter to Rack-FE, which is 1-gate->reaver->double expo. I had thought that there was no way for Fantasy to counter my opening, so I decided to go with this in yesterday’s games. However, I realized during the match, Fantasy had a much better preparation, and he had a lot of different follow-ups. I played completely into his hands.

Actually, after the end of every game, Grape and Reality would give me suggestions for different openings, but it was very hard to make a decision when you are behind in match points. I haven’t played in a final for too long, and the singer whom I like also came, I was already very exciting during the performances. As a result, maybe I was less focused than Fantasy.

On the train ride back, I talked with January and teammates about Fantasy’s builds for about three hours. Even though we did not come up with the specific counters, but I had a good idea. I did not use this counter today, but one that I had thought of earlier but was never used, good thing it worked. In my future games, if I see 1rack->FE, I will use my new BO.
 

- you got your revenge

▲ I actually wanted to talk about yesterday’s G3. I had thought of this type of play during practice, but Fantasy played well above my expectations. Even though I constantly scouted with observers, but by the time I defended his attack, I already realized I was too far behind. Fantasy won because he prepared meticulously for it; even though it’s a very regretful experience for me, but I feel that I had matured a lot through this.

Also, today Fantasy used the same BO as yesterday’s G1; after I had scouted it with my observer, I knew exactly how to play. Being a pro-gamer, I feel that I should not lose in situations like these.


- It feels that you had matured a lot

▲ Maybe because of my fans. I didn’t actually want to be online yesterday, but I still read some related news. I went to the forums, and saw some people say that I was pitiful [t/n: should be shown compassion?]. I will ignore these messages because there are still many fans cheering for me, I am trying hard to think positively.

Yesterday, many people came to see the games: friends, parents, celebrities, etc. However, I did not win, and I am sorry. I am happy today because I was able to show everyone that I did not suffer from the loss, and already came back to form. I will prepare my best in the upcoming season and aim even higher. Also, during practice, I often yelled at my teammates due to frustration, so I would like to take this opportunity and thank them.

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2011-01-30/24425.html
Fomos original: http://fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=114657&db=interview
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
SkytoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Austria1137 Posts
January 30 2011 18:00 GMT
#2
Wow. Blows my mind.

Also a reminder for the Stork Fans : even he admits Fantasy is better than him.
Bisu... ;-(
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
January 30 2011 18:02 GMT
#3
Actually, after the end of every game, Grape and Reality would give me suggestions for different openings, but it was very hard to make a decision when you are behind in match points.

Sigh, should have listened to your protege Stork

But I'm glad to hear that he wasn't crushed by his defeat. Fighting!
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 18:03:16
January 30 2011 18:02 GMT
#4
Thanks for translating. curious about Stork's so-called new bo.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
AppleTart
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1261 Posts
January 30 2011 18:04 GMT
#5
Well now we know why Bisu threw away his shuttle. He was going easy :D
always tired -_-
maximuspita
Profile Joined April 2010
1093 Posts
January 30 2011 18:04 GMT
#6
Hell yes, STORK!
Korean Air, please save Fox.
mrblue182
Profile Joined April 2010
United States151 Posts
January 30 2011 18:05 GMT
#7
So glad stork was able to win today, I was worried he was going to slump hard.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
January 30 2011 18:06 GMT
#8
I'm excited to see Stork's "new" bo!

Ty for translating!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 30 2011 18:06 GMT
#9
Hmm, no mention of his losses to Zero? I though those were pretty important.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
ssregi-
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)146 Posts
January 30 2011 18:07 GMT
#10
12 nexus is your new opening Stork
NeVeR GiVeUp !~~
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
January 30 2011 18:07 GMT
#11
On January 31 2011 03:00 SkytoM wrote:
Wow. Blows my mind.

Also a reminder for the Stork Fans : even he admits Fantasy is better than him.

i think he said that Fantasy prepared/practiced more than him
Fantasy countered Stork's builds pretty easily (game 1 and 2, he was ready for the shuttle)
imgoingaow
Profile Joined June 2010
United States26 Posts
January 30 2011 18:07 GMT
#12
On January 31 2011 03:00 SkytoM wrote:
Wow. Blows my mind.

Also a reminder for the Stork Fans : even he admits Fantasy is better than him.


Where exactly? He says Fantasy prepared much better, but that's all.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 30 2011 18:07 GMT
#13
Thank you! I've been eagerly waiting to read this. Quite an epic interview.

I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
January 30 2011 18:10 GMT
#14
^ Exactly my thoughts. Bisu weighed his friendship versus the longest winning streak in PL. I love you Bisu. You're such a great person and so beautiful too. GG stork, I'm glad your back in form. SKT Fighting!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
AppleTart
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1261 Posts
January 30 2011 18:11 GMT
#15
It would have been hilarious if he was going against Flash and said "go easy" and then after losing Flash walks out confused because he still won :p.
always tired -_-
bjornkavist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1235 Posts
January 30 2011 18:11 GMT
#16
and the singer whom I like also came

Oh man Stork, this made me laugh lol. I love Stork but I think Fantasy really deserved his OSL win, cause I mean it must be tough when your under the shadow of Iloveoov and Boxer on SKT. I think this win is exactly what Fantasy needed.
https://soundcloud.com/bbols
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 30 2011 18:13 GMT
#17
On January 31 2011 03:10 BisuDagger wrote:
^ Exactly my thoughts. Bisu weighed his friendship versus the longest winning streak in PL. I love you Bisu. You're such a great person and so beautiful too. GG stork, I'm glad your back in form. SKT Fighting!

Oh lord, Bisu fans...
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 30 2011 18:16 GMT
#18
On January 31 2011 03:13 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 03:10 BisuDagger wrote:
^ Exactly my thoughts. Bisu weighed his friendship versus the longest winning streak in PL. I love you Bisu. You're such a great person and so beautiful too. GG stork, I'm glad your back in form. SKT Fighting!

Oh lord, Bisu fans...

You specifically talking about annoying fans is hypocritical, no?
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Kazius
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Israel1456 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 18:24:44
January 30 2011 18:19 GMT
#19
On January 31 2011 03:00 SkytoM wrote:
Wow. Blows my mind.

Also a reminder for the Stork Fans : even he admits Fantasy is better than him.

Stork said no such thing... I guess you can hang the "troll successful" banner, well played.

I liked the interview... Stork played much better than his dismal showing at the finals. He learned that he needs to prepare more, hindsight being 20/20.


On January 31 2011 03:11 bjornkavist wrote:
Show nested quote +
and the singer whom I like also came

Oh man Stork, this made me laugh lol. I love Stork but I think Fantasy really deserved his OSL win, cause I mean it must be tough when your under the shadow of Iloveoov and Boxer on SKT. I think this win is exactly what Fantasy needed.

As opposed to Protoss who don't need an SL win at all? Seriously, as a Protoss player this is just depressing for me. I love Flash and JD, but seriously guys... It's been forever and then some. I know that Fantasy is the most deserving player (with the sexiest vulture micro, no doubt), but who else is going to win one for Aiur?
Friendship is like peeing yourself. Anyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling.
dtz
Profile Joined September 2010
5834 Posts
January 30 2011 18:21 GMT
#20
ah good interview. Glad to see Stork being so mature about the whole thing. Must be painful though to see his fans and unable to say hi to them =(

And hopefully we wont have too much of the "Stork is so baller and talented, he is the better players and he just got gangbanged by the whole SKT staff while he himself plays cellphone games" against "Fantasy outplayed Stork the arrogant slacker who chokes again and again and again" argument in this thread.

1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM775
TKL 262
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 775
ByuN 334
mouzHeroMarine 269
TKL 262
UpATreeSC 74
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17697
Calm 2957
Shuttle 972
Horang2 448
Dewaltoss 162
Rush 83
Zeus 52
Free 36
Trap 23
ToSsGirL 19
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 19
Rock 17
Bale 17
PianO 16
Aegong 15
Sacsri 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi1311
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m4260
pashabiceps1146
Fnx 614
x6flipin504
edward43
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King81
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu68
Other Games
Grubby2268
singsing1881
Liquid`RaSZi1658
Beastyqt813
B2W.Neo312
C9.Mang0268
crisheroes252
420jenkins178
IndyStarCraft 163
dupreeh157
QueenE101
Trikslyr92
JuggernautJason16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• EnkiAlexander 28
• Hinosc 16
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV590
League of Legends
• Nemesis3278
• TFBlade674
Other Games
• Shiphtur817
• imaqtpie645
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 56m
INu's Battles
16h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 56m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.