• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:33
CEST 20:33
KST 03:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9689 users

[H] Losing Streak

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
November 20 2010 05:43 GMT
#1
Hey guys so I am calling out to the TL community for some help. I am on possibly one of the worst losing streaks in SC2 history (granted its only been a couple months) that I have ever heard of. I have recently gone from 2600 pt player #65 in NA to sub 2000 pt player. I cannot get my game back no matter how much I try. I feel like i wanna throw up when I think about trying to grind back 600 pts back and I just keep losing no matter how much I try. My confidence is pretty much shot, im pretty sure a bronze player could roll me at this point ^^. Please leave legit suggestions on what you think I can do to get my head straight and regain my confidence to play sc2!!!

Thanks guys,
Lime
JD, need I say more? :D
Fission
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1184 Posts
November 20 2010 05:45 GMT
#2
Hi Lime, take a couple days off, then come back to play. You just need a break.
JustQuitWarcraftIII
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States679 Posts
November 20 2010 05:46 GMT
#3
I'm also on a losing streak lately. Lost probably 15 games and won 3 just today.

My top suggestion would be to do something else for a few days and not think about SC2 at all. Then you can come back and start fresh.
tirentu
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1257 Posts
November 20 2010 05:46 GMT
#4
I have two suggestions.
First off, stop signing your posts.
Second, chill for a while. Watch some VODs. Play some customs. Go back to ladder when you've regained a chill state .
Suffo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States936 Posts
November 20 2010 05:47 GMT
#5
Mb try some team games with some able bodies to regain your confidence? Or play some other game for a lil bit and come back refreshedddddd
fireproofazn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States231 Posts
November 20 2010 05:47 GMT
#6
yea Lime all you need is a break. i was on a losing streak of like 15+ games a day and then i just stopped playing for a day or two and got back in it. just watch gsl prelim vids and day9 daily #100 it inspired me.
Terran<Protoss<Zerg
TuckFrance
Profile Joined July 2010
26 Posts
November 20 2010 05:47 GMT
#7
I think maybe it's time to pack your bags and move on. If you fall that much I don't see you regaining your composer to be honest. Maybe stick to team games.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
November 20 2010 05:48 GMT
#8
Maybe everyone is just getting better when you aren't? Idk ><

But if I were you, I would take a break, and try to get back into it fresh in a week or so.
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-20 05:50:21
November 20 2010 05:48 GMT
#9
thanks to foxer and some other cheesy protoss. its like 80% cheese on ladder atm. dont worry just have fun, and dont care about points atm.

assuming your zerg
Sanasante
Profile Joined March 2010
United States321 Posts
November 20 2010 05:56 GMT
#10
The game has been making alot of shifts lately in play styles. Look how different ZvT is now compared to a month ago when they released 1.12 yet we are still on the same patch.

Give yourself a couple day break of playing to help ease tension. When you get back do a little newb bashing to pick your self esteem up. I am not sure if you are still going random or if you are just playing Z but stick to something consistent

Best of Luck bro
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light
Pandu1986
Profile Joined June 2010
72 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-20 05:57:36
November 20 2010 05:56 GMT
#11
Its just points. Your points dont make you a good / bad player , regardless of what other people want to tell you.

Play to improve your play or play for just fun.

Those are the only important things.

If you have been losing alot and are beating yourself up about it, just take a break. The game is about having fun, not just grinding yourself into the dole drums.

Besides what I have already said something more constructive is take a game that you think you could have won or was very close and do analysis on it, but from an unbiased 3rd party, basically trying to pick apart your flaws and areas you can improve.

Thats about all I can say, the main point is, just relax, points mean anything, dont fall into the trap that most people do. You are not your ladder points and they dont define your strength as a player.
megagoten
Profile Joined October 2010
318 Posts
November 20 2010 05:59 GMT
#12
play a comp and rebuild your confidence
Slayth
Profile Joined November 2010
United States325 Posts
November 20 2010 06:01 GMT
#13
Just play for fun while the FoxeR lovers get their cheese strategies out.
Fanclubs I'm in: Destiny, EGHuK, EGIdrA, IMNestea, LiquidTLO, LiquidJinro, IMLosira, TypePhoeNix, MvPDongRaeGu, STJuly, WhiteRa. "this is more fucked up than lord of the flies" - Tasteless , "WHEN THERE'S NO INTERNET, LAN ROCKS" - Lim Yo-Hwan
EliteSK
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)251 Posts
November 20 2010 06:07 GMT
#14
Hey Lime,

Saw the thread on main page, so I just had to click it, cause I was in the same position as you (not as long as you). I'm not at your 2600 diamond level, but this worked for me. I used to be Plat 1 like a month ago, then hit a huge losing streak for like 2 weeks straight.Watched streams and VODs and replays till I really felt like getting back in the game.

I came back playing a different race (switched from P to T to Random) in like the Plat rank 20ish with a 400+ bonus pool to just get a renewed feeling for a game and get a change of pace.

well enough of the life story. I say chill and don't worry about points. and switch up your race if you feel like getting a renewed feel of the game. or just chill and take a break. If you do, you can break some bad habits you're making because you have to re-adapt. Play some customs and such and just enjoy the game instead of stressing about points and ladder, because it makes you stuck on doing whatever it takes to win rather actually enjoying the game for it and winning as a result
TheKing
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia186 Posts
November 20 2010 06:08 GMT
#15
stop playing if you lose more then 3 games in 1 sitting and do something else and get refreshed. You'll probably need to look at your replays(even though it sometimes hurts) or train with some friends to see if you're doing something fundamentally wrong.
nat
Profile Joined September 2010
216 Posts
November 20 2010 06:11 GMT
#16
i lost 200 points in 2 days in mid/high diamond also. what u do is stop for a week, then do customs 1v1's until u feel better.
after that u can play ladder, however when u lose, it does bring back memories of ur losing streak....that cant be helped, would slowly heal in time... like a broken relationship, it keeps haunting u

goodluck
Myrkskog
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada481 Posts
November 20 2010 06:13 GMT
#17
[image loading]
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
November 20 2010 06:17 GMT
#18
Is there anyway you can hang out with you friends in the custom games? you can grind it out with them without thinking about your points in the ladder.
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Zurachi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada289 Posts
November 20 2010 06:17 GMT
#19
Sometimes when I hit a bad losing streak, like many others have said, I take a break. But during said break, I watch a LOT of replays, VODs and live streams to take in a lot of new information. After a week or so, I come back with a fresh mind and go at it.
@ZurachiTV | www.youtube.com/ZurachiTV | "Satisfaction is the beginning of regression."
Persev
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States127 Posts
November 20 2010 06:31 GMT
#20
Oftentimes its easy to make rushed decisions or just plain bad decisions when you've lost a couple of games. Playing when your alert, awake, eager, and calm is really important. Its very easy to "lose your head" if your on a losing streak, where you overreact or under react. I don't know enough about people to say what makes people feel confidence and calmness but those two criteria really help in making good decisions and as we know good decisions = doing well. I can say for me a quick shower, a good 's night rest, after a good work out, watching a good replay, all make me feel more relaxed and hence I'm eager to play a good game win or lose.
Be nice!
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 692
SteadfastSC497
EnkiAlexander 78
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 497
UpATreeSC 150
BRAT_OK 65
JuggernautJason52
PtitDrogo 43
MindelVK 22
Codebar 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34455
Soulkey 293
BeSt 212
Dewaltoss 126
Mind 42
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 26
Shine 17
Dota 2
Dendi927
qojqva828
Counter-Strike
fl0m1296
Fnx 753
shoxiejesuss652
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2593
Khaldor1945
Liquid`Hasu746
Other Games
Grubby3160
ArmadaUGS1383
B2W.Neo524
ceh9514
byalli433
C9.Mang0172
Chillindude114
Trikslyr46
Railgan23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 5
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 6
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1105
Other Games
• imaqtpie1058
• Scarra447
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 28m
OSC
18h 28m
Stellar Fest
18h 28m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.