• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8782 users

Starcraft 2 Japan anyone?

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Necrophantasia
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan299 Posts
August 06 2010 01:11 GMT
#1
Hi, I'm relatively new to starcraft and starcraft 2, but I just recent moved to Japan and I was wondering if anyone on teamliquid lives in Japan and wants to play or be internet buddies?

SC2 does marvels when dealing with culture shock, but none of my sc2 buddies are in my timezone anymore.
darkponcho
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States262 Posts
August 06 2010 01:33 GMT
#2
If you speak Japanese, here's a link to a Japanese SC community

http://sc-times.net/
life
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
August 06 2010 02:06 GMT
#3
Where in Japan do you live?
GANDHISAUCE
threehundred
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada911 Posts
August 06 2010 02:07 GMT
#4
On August 06 2010 10:33 darkponcho wrote:
If you speak Japanese, here's a link to a Japanese SC community

http://sc-times.net/


wow they love the korean sc community as much as we do ^_^
KimTaeyeon MEDIC MU fighting! ^^;;
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-06 02:36:55
August 06 2010 02:20 GMT
#5
The guy that runs the site is pretty cool. He still owes me a beer though ><

Anyway, thinking about the timing you sound like a new JET. Shoot me a PM and let me know where you are.
ModeratorGodfather
CrackSpider93
Profile Joined July 2010
United States136 Posts
August 06 2010 02:43 GMT
#6
I'm running a tournament on cyac.jp which is a Japanese esports site. There are plenty of Japanese players on the website. Try asking in the forums.
CyAC.jp Starcraft II International League Admin
Terranlisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Singapore1404 Posts
August 06 2010 03:48 GMT
#7
Do the japanese players play on the SEA server?
aka myheronoob
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
August 06 2010 03:55 GMT
#8
For some reason I always had the impression that Japanese players didn't play Blizzard titles.

This is surreal to me.
^-^
CrackSpider93
Profile Joined July 2010
United States136 Posts
August 06 2010 04:18 GMT
#9
On August 06 2010 12:48 MyHeroNoob wrote:
Do the japanese players play on the SEA server?

From what I've been told as well as from what I've seen, most Japanese players play the US version.
CyAC.jp Starcraft II International League Admin
Necrophantasia
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan299 Posts
August 06 2010 11:11 GMT
#10
On August 06 2010 11:06 De4ngus wrote:
Where in Japan do you live?


I live in Gifu prefecture. And as far as I know, we all play on the US server, because that's the one that amazon.co.jp was selling.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
August 06 2010 11:23 GMT
#11
I live in Osaka, but i play on the EU gateway though =/
We make signature, then defense it.
Necrophantasia
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan299 Posts
August 06 2010 13:16 GMT
#12
then i'm wrong and we can't be sc2 buddies cuz ur on the wrong realm :'(
TommyNinja
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1 Post
August 06 2010 13:41 GMT
#13
On August 06 2010 20:23 grobo wrote:
I live in Osaka, but i play on the EU gateway though =/



Im also in Osaka on the EU gateway, not a very good player though, trying to learn it .
Yiruru
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada690 Posts
August 06 2010 15:03 GMT
#14
I'm in Ibaraki on US server :>

How is the latency for you guys? Mine is terribad =[
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
August 06 2010 15:12 GMT
#15
A bunch of ppl at my workplace play on the US server. I haven't got time =/
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Necrophantasia
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan299 Posts
August 06 2010 15:25 GMT
#16
I'm on the US server and my latency is fine :O. But how do you check pings on b.net 2.0?
Rawr.Zeta
Profile Joined June 2010
Japan39 Posts
August 16 2010 20:45 GMT
#17
I live in Kyoto ... I play on the US servers PM me zEtA.293 ... I speak English pretty well because my parents are immigrants from America and taught me English and Japanese
1あ2あ3あ! こんにちはジャスチンともうします
Kappuru
Profile Joined August 2010
United States14 Posts
August 16 2010 21:05 GMT
#18
I'm not in Japan right now, but I play with Japanese people sometimes. Rawr, I'm coming to Kyoto in October
"DON'T PANIC."
fujimi
Profile Joined August 2010
Japan32 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 22:18:42
August 16 2010 22:14 GMT
#19
I'm in Japan, Tokyo. Add me if you are on the EU server, I'm looking for people to play with. (summer holiday + broke = a lot of SC2).

playername; fujimi
If only those pigs could fly away..
Kappuru
Profile Joined August 2010
United States14 Posts
August 16 2010 23:07 GMT
#20
On August 17 2010 05:45 Rawr.Zeta wrote:
I live in Kyoto ... I play on the US servers PM me zEtA.293 ... I speak English pretty well because my parents are immigrants from America and taught me English and Japanese


Sorry, I should say はじめまして!よろしくおねがいしますよ!
"DON'T PANIC."
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O187
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 492
ZZZero.O 187
Hyun 145
Dota 2
monkeys_forever423
League of Legends
Doublelift3976
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4372
Liquid`Hasu443
Other Games
summit1g14220
FrodaN1598
JimRising 390
KnowMe261
Livibee194
ViBE117
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick866
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1190
Other Games
• imaqtpie1007
• Shiphtur564
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 50m
Patches Events
15h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 50m
OSC
23h 50m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.