• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:57
CEST 01:57
KST 08:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8358 users

Starcraft 2 Japan anyone? - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
_hate
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Japan112 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 19:59:08
November 19 2011 19:58 GMT
#41
Moving to Tokyo in January for work ;o
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 21:32:48
December 18 2011 21:29 GMT
#42
Omg Okinawa is beautiful. It's the place i want to visit the most in the world. And other places aswell in Japan.

Atleast i have visited it in Yakuza 3(龍が如く3, "Ryū ga Gotoku 3") @ Playstation 3

It's my dream to visit Japan and Okinawa. Something i must do in my life.
Blade2322
Profile Joined November 2010
Japan99 Posts
December 25 2011 04:37 GMT
#43
lol im in okinawa right now, lulz. Im stuck here for a few years. I havent had the chance to check out the island much yet. But i plan on it. If anyone else herer on team liquid is on island feel free to hit me up. SC2 info is char. name Blade code#. 1902
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
December 25 2011 05:02 GMT
#44
I don't live in japan at the moment but I was born there I would like to add some japanese players Send me a PM i'm high masters but also do teams!
Cham
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
797 Posts
December 25 2011 05:06 GMT
#45
Moving to Yamato-shi in March, if anyone is around the Tokyo area and would like to meetup let me know! Anyone that wants to play just add me Cham.494
Evilteletubbyisatool
Profile Joined December 2011
5 Posts
December 25 2011 20:08 GMT
#46
--- Nuked ---
Joner
Profile Joined June 2011
51 Posts
April 20 2012 21:53 GMT
#47
I'm bumping this thread as it seems unnecessary to make a new one.

I'm currently living in Tokyo and will be for the rest of 2012. I spent a night at an internet cafe tonight which gave me the idea that maybe i could play sc2 here, although they didnt have it installed (only some japanese games ive never heard of before).

So it seems you can't get a korean copy while in Japan? Shouldn't that be the best server to play on as far as latency goes?
I already have an EU acc but I'd prefer to play without too much ping.

Oh and yeah, do i need get a new copy of sc2 and install it myself on the cafes computers? is it even allowed to do so?
Or does anybody from the area know a specific cafe where i can go directly to play sc2?

520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
April 20 2012 22:29 GMT
#48
On April 21 2012 06:53 Joner wrote:
I'm bumping this thread as it seems unnecessary to make a new one.

I'm currently living in Tokyo and will be for the rest of 2012. I spent a night at an internet cafe tonight which gave me the idea that maybe i could play sc2 here, although they didnt have it installed (only some japanese games ive never heard of before).

So it seems you can't get a korean copy while in Japan? Shouldn't that be the best server to play on as far as latency goes?
I already have an EU acc but I'd prefer to play without too much ping.

Oh and yeah, do i need get a new copy of sc2 and install it myself on the cafes computers? is it even allowed to do so?
Or does anybody from the area know a specific cafe where i can go directly to play sc2?


A lot of Japanese players have NA accounts and they use a TW account to get access to Korean servers.
Writer
xeo1
Profile Joined October 2011
United States429 Posts
April 20 2012 22:35 GMT
#49
May I ask what jobs you guys have that make you move to Japan? Sounds exciting^^
BlackGosu
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1046 Posts
April 20 2012 22:50 GMT
#50
i thought all japanese play console games, mostly fighting games~
Jar Jar Binks
op3ra7or
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1 Post
April 20 2012 23:46 GMT
#51
I'm guessing most are military of some kind...there are a lot of bases in Okinawa. I play on the NA and SEA server from Okinawa and there is no noticeable lag to either. My profile on NA is operator.103 and I'm a low masters Zerg if anyone wants to play.
Terrakin
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1440 Posts
April 21 2012 00:29 GMT
#52
On April 21 2012 07:50 BlackGosu wrote:
i thought all japanese play console games, mostly fighting games~

pc games are very popular but its mostly erogames and fan games
Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.
Rikiya
Profile Joined March 2011
Japan87 Posts
April 21 2012 01:05 GMT
#53
I'm also in Okinawa and will be probably my whole life Its a awesome place to live. My ID is CpRikiya.414 on NA if people wants to play some games.
LA_Morello
Profile Joined July 2011
Brazil143 Posts
April 21 2012 01:49 GMT
#54
Hello.
I'm brazilian and I just started to learn Japanese. I finished learning all the hiraganas two weeks ago and I'm currently working on Katakana. I'm not able to speak anything in japanese (just know some words), but I would like to talk with you guys, do some communication and learn more about Japan and japanese.

Morello # 978
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
April 21 2012 03:04 GMT
#55
On April 21 2012 10:49 LA_Morello wrote:
Hello.
I'm brazilian and I just started to learn Japanese. I finished learning all the hiraganas two weeks ago and I'm currently working on Katakana. I'm not able to speak anything in japanese (just know some words), but I would like to talk with you guys, do some communication and learn more about Japan and japanese.

Morello # 978

Hey, I'm pretty much at the same "stage" as you learning japanese. Are you learning by yourself or taking classes?
If you got any website / pdf to share, please let me know.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
April 21 2012 03:08 GMT
#56
I live in Hawaii now but I'm a Japanese native. I go back often to my grandparents place in Nara and Zama (Kanagawa). I'm a noob on NA server Accelerator.267. I'll probably be staying my whole summer vacation in Nara.
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
Joner
Profile Joined June 2011
51 Posts
April 22 2012 17:28 GMT
#57
On April 21 2012 12:04 Hoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 10:49 LA_Morello wrote:
Hello.
I'm brazilian and I just started to learn Japanese. I finished learning all the hiraganas two weeks ago and I'm currently working on Katakana. I'm not able to speak anything in japanese (just know some words), but I would like to talk with you guys, do some communication and learn more about Japan and japanese.

Morello # 978

Hey, I'm pretty much at the same "stage" as you learning japanese. Are you learning by yourself or taking classes?
If you got any website / pdf to share, please let me know.


www.guidetojapanese.org <--- this site is really good. I personaly go to language school in Tokyo but i use this site sometimes for things we havnt gone through in school yet.

I still don't know where to find a net cafe where i can play sc2... is there no japanese person living in Tokyo here that knows?
SilentBonjwa
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany119 Posts
April 23 2012 02:51 GMT
#58
Japanese people would probably be good if they d be as dedicated with RTS games like they are with Fighting, Racing and Role playing Games.

Dont really think SC2 has some kind of popularity over there.
"Disliked by some, Loved by a few, Feared by everyone" fnatic.aLive
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
April 23 2012 03:05 GMT
#59
If you want to play SC2 in Japan the center of the information is here : http://starcraft2.jpcommunity.com/sc2/
There's even a LAN next month : http://starcraft2.jpcommunity.com/sc2/modules/news/details.php?bid=231

I won't be there though, not playing SC2 anymore >.<
The legend of Darien lives on
Sorkoas
Profile Joined May 2010
549 Posts
April 23 2012 05:28 GMT
#60
On April 23 2012 02:28 Joner wrote:www.guidetojapanese.org <--- this site is really good.

ども!I only watch variety shows and dramas and check up all words I don't understand at jisho.org. But this site seems good for someone who doesn't care with ever learning from the scratch (I learned Japanese by living and communicating with Japanese people). 90% of what I ever say in Japanese is slang, so yah. Thansk. =D

Regarding a place to play SC2 in Tokyo, try "e-Sports Square":

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326522#18
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 477
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever477
League of Legends
Doublelift4210
Other Games
summit1g11668
JimRising 473
ViBE250
Livibee191
KnowMe188
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick930
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
• Scarra847
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 3m
Patches Events
15h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 3m
OSC
23h 3m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.