• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:09
CEST 08:09
KST 15:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9916 users

[WCG] Bisu vs Free Winner's Interview (Spoilers)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
August 19 2009 19:08 GMT
#1
I ended up doing all three interviews =]

WCG Korean Qualifiers Ro16 winner Bisu:
"I want to win the gold medal"

[image loading]


- Thoughts about making it to Ro8
▲ It was vacation season so I couldn't practice that much so I didn't expect much. I won so I want to try to get to Ro4 too.

- Your opponent was Free
▲ I was relieved it was PvP. I have to prepare a lot when it's vs T or Z and it takes a lot of time but since the maps weren't played in proleague that much I could prepare a lot of different builds for PvP.

- The games went very well
▲ I did my usual but I think Free-hyung made some mistakes. 2nd game was build order win and 3rd game I killed the shuttle-reaver. I was lucky too so I won without much hardship.

- I heard it was vacation period
▲ I went home and I did many things outside of SC so I couldn't rest much.

- You'll verse winner of Effort vs Flash
▲ They are both really good. It doesn't matter who comes up because of the maps. It will be hard no matter who comes up.

- Thoughts about becoming the Korean rep for WCG
▲ I would have liked it if it was held somewhere else but I'm disappointed that it's held in China. I have bad memories with last year's IEF but I just want to win the gold medal.

- Anything you want to say
▲ I don't have any other individual leagues so I will prepare hard for next week's games. I want to play well in the last league I have (WCG).

Source: Fomos.kr
+ Show Spoiler +
- 8강 진출 소감은
▲ 휴가 기간이기도 하고 연습도 많이 못했기 때문에 그렇게 큰 기대는 하지 않았다. 이겼으니까 4강에 도전해 보고 싶다.

- 상대가 윤용태였는데
▲ 그나마 프로토스전이라서 다행이라고 생각했다. 다른 종족과 할 때는 준비할 것이 많고 시간이 많이 걸리는데 동족전의 경우는 프로리그에서 많이 안했던 맵들이라서 준비된 빌드가 많이 있었다.

- 경기가 잘 풀린 것 같은데
▲ 평소대로 한 것 같은데 용태형이 실수를 좀 한 것 같다. 2경기는 빌드가 맞물렸고 3경기에서는 셔틀리버를 잡아서 그 순간 이겼다고 생각했다. 운도 좀 따라서 어렵지 않게 이긴 것 같다.

- 휴가기간이라고 들었는데
▲ 집에도 갔다 오고 게임 외적으로 많은 일들이 있어서 푹 쉬지는 못했다.

- 김정우 대 이영호의 승자와 붙게 됐는데
▲ 둘 다 힘든 상대다. 맵들을 보면 테란이나 저그나 크게 차이가 없다. 누가 올라 오더라도 힘든 싸움이 될 것 같다.

- 국가대표가 되고 싶은 생각은
▲ 다른 나라였으면 더 좋았을 텐데 중국이라서 조금 아쉽다. 작년에 IEF에 갔다 온 경험도 있고 조금 꺼림칙하긴 하지만 그런 것들을 떠나서 금메달을 따고 싶기도 하다.

- 하고 싶은 말이 있다면
▲ 다른 개인리그 일정도 없기 때문에 다음 주에 있을 경기도 열심히 준비해서 마지막 남은 리그에서 좋은 모습 보여 드리겠다.
Writer
Sharp-eYe
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada642 Posts
August 19 2009 19:16 GMT
#2
Bisu did not play in WCG last year.. right? Someone explain?

I'm not chinese, but whats wrong with China?

Pretty short interview.

GO BISU!
Are you truly so blinded by your vaunted religion, that you can't see the fall ahead of you? - Zeratul III AKA WikidSik ingame (anygame)
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 19:19:58
August 19 2009 19:16 GMT
#3
I thought Bisu won last year's IEF. He beat Savior and Stork.
On August 20 2009 04:16 Sharp-eYe wrote:
Bisu did not play in WCG last year.. right? Someone explain?

I'm not chinese, but whats wrong with China?

Pretty short interview.

GO BISU!

He lost to fOrGG.
Jaedong
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
August 19 2009 21:41 GMT
#4
China is pretty boring if you've already been (compared to somewhere say in Europe), which is why Bisu said he'd prefer if it were at another venue.
Commentator
NiTenIchiRyu
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom273 Posts
August 19 2009 21:45 GMT
#5
On August 20 2009 04:08 l10f wrote:
- You'll verse winner of Effort vs Flash
▲ They are both really good. It doesn't matter who comes up because of the maps. It will be hard no matter who comes up.

I can't believe he is still whining about the maps. Srsly Bisu...
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
August 19 2009 21:49 GMT
#6
On August 20 2009 06:41 GTR wrote:
China is pretty boring if you've already been (compared to somewhere say in Europe), which is why Bisu said he'd prefer if it were at another venue.


I don't know about that, with the many different cultural groups in china, its much more diverse than europe. The only reason why I can see its boring or bad is because of its similar to korea or because of the los angeles level air pollution.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
August 19 2009 21:51 GMT
#7
i wish you goodluck bisu!
and those were entertaining games
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 19 2009 21:52 GMT
#8
On August 20 2009 06:41 GTR wrote:
China is pretty boring if you've already been (compared to somewhere say in Europe), which is why Bisu said he'd prefer if it were at another venue.

Wasn't there some problems last IEF, like really cold booths etc...? Or am I confusing this with the WC3L finals which were held in uh....... Chengdu -.-? That's the name that pops into my head but could be completely wrong.

Anyway, I heard someone say once that "...Not even the chinese players like to play in China", I think in reference to some specific arena actually.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
August 19 2009 22:32 GMT
#9
On August 20 2009 06:45 NiTenIchiRyu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2009 04:08 l10f wrote:
- You'll verse winner of Effort vs Flash
▲ They are both really good. It doesn't matter who comes up because of the maps. It will be hard no matter who comes up.

I can't believe he is still whining about the maps. Srsly Bisu...

Oh my god, if Bisu predicts a win, people call him arrogant, and if Bisu says one sentence about maps, hes whining about maps.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 22:37:21
August 19 2009 22:34 GMT
#10
On August 20 2009 06:52 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2009 06:41 GTR wrote:
China is pretty boring if you've already been (compared to somewhere say in Europe), which is why Bisu said he'd prefer if it were at another venue.

Wasn't there some problems last IEF, like really cold booths etc...? Or am I confusing this with the WC3L finals which were held in uh....... Chengdu -.-? That's the name that pops into my head but could be completely wrong.

Anyway, I heard someone say once that "...Not even the chinese players like to play in China", I think in reference to some specific arena actually.


cold booth problem was in PGL imo

for professionalism PGL > IEF

but IEF got more money put in.

IEF is organized by Chinese and Korean government, IEF2006 was held in Korea, last year it was held in China, this year this will be hold in Suwon Korea.

anyways IEF organizers dont know a shit about esport, they dont really care about players/fans, what they care is money and business and maybe even politics, you know...
for example last year during IEF2008 MBC made some relationship with Chinese local TV-station.

I'm very sad that bisu said he doesnt like China, but im not surprised, at all.
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
August 19 2009 22:40 GMT
#11
On August 20 2009 07:32 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2009 06:45 NiTenIchiRyu wrote:
On August 20 2009 04:08 l10f wrote:
- You'll verse winner of Effort vs Flash
▲ They are both really good. It doesn't matter who comes up because of the maps. It will be hard no matter who comes up.

I can't believe he is still whining about the maps. Srsly Bisu...

Oh my god, if Bisu predicts a win, people call him arrogant, and if Bisu says one sentence about maps, hes whining about maps.


Yup, but if JD says he'll make it the week of JD, we just agree.
<3 TL, lol.
darkness overpowering
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
August 19 2009 22:40 GMT
#12
On August 20 2009 06:45 NiTenIchiRyu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2009 04:08 l10f wrote:
- You'll verse winner of Effort vs Flash
▲ They are both really good. It doesn't matter who comes up because of the maps. It will be hard no matter who comes up.

I can't believe he is still whining about the maps. Srsly Bisu...

I can't believe people are still whining about Bisu "whining".

Get over it, he's telling the truth as it is.
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Kare
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway786 Posts
August 19 2009 22:45 GMT
#13
Keep it comming Bisu! hope you will win the gold medal
In life you can obtain all sorts of material wealth, but the real treasure is the epic feelings you get while doing something you love.
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 22:47:39
August 19 2009 22:46 GMT
#14
So kind of off topic but WCG2009 will be definitely better, at least what my friend(a guy who works for WCG China) promised to me. Because WCG is organized by ICM & Samsung, not China =_=
Kentor *
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5784 Posts
August 19 2009 22:53 GMT
#15
his china comment made me lol
also he called someone a hyung :o
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
August 19 2009 22:56 GMT
#16
On August 20 2009 07:53 Kentor wrote:
his china comment made me lol
also he called someone a hyung :o

So?

Hyung is a term of respect used for older players. Free is older than him.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-19 23:28:59
August 19 2009 23:27 GMT
#17
On August 20 2009 07:56 TheFoReveRwaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2009 07:53 Kentor wrote:
his china comment made me lol
also he called someone a hyung :o

So?

Hyung is a term of respect used for older players. Free is older than him.


Hyung is used by a male when addressing or talking about another a male that's older than they are. For a player to call another player a hyung, they have to be somewhat close. If they aren't close, they would probably say "sunsoo" which is a title that means "player" and include the player's last name.
Sullifam
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
August 19 2009 23:39 GMT
#18
bisu hates china. i wonder why. it's not the multitudes of people, since seoul is like that too.

pollution? he'll be indoors.
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
foeffa
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Belgium2115 Posts
August 19 2009 23:55 GMT
#19
Tx for the translation.
觀過斯知仁矣.
Virtuoso
Profile Joined December 2008
United States119 Posts
August 19 2009 23:55 GMT
#20
BISU BISU!!!!!

lets all get our beesuits on!
fan of the top 3 terrans Flash Fantasy leta GOGO TERRANS
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 295
Mind 67
sorry 50
Bale 31
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm167
League of Legends
JimRising 709
Other Games
summit1g7626
Coldzera 717
WinterStarcraft594
C9.Mang0299
Sick150
febbydoto18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick657
BasetradeTV195
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2181
League of Legends
• Rush1312
Other Games
• Shiphtur639
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 51m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.