• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:46
CEST 20:46
KST 03:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9460 users

Godfather Mafia - Page 87

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 Next
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
July 14 2010 00:07 GMT
#1721
On July 13 2010 17:26 Chezinu wrote:
Oh and I wasn't totally lying about decoding zek's message, I pmed Darth the results.


it wasnt hard the message was 15 letters logn and there was only 1 player with 15 letters lol i figured it out right away too but didnt say anything
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 14 2010 00:15 GMT
#1722
On July 14 2010 09:07 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2010 17:26 Chezinu wrote:
Oh and I wasn't totally lying about decoding zek's message, I pmed Darth the results.


it wasnt hard the message was 15 letters logn and there was only 1 player with 15 letters lol i figured it out right away too but didnt say anything

Yeah, I know. I think youngminii got it too:

On July 05 2010 09:17 youngminii wrote:
Depends on the key. Is it TEA?
I was actually thinking of writing a small program to try brute force to decrypt it, using numbers and words from the dictionary.

Either way, Chez's post seems very suspicious.


Nothing dramatic happened this game... people were too good at roleclaiming..
lol, clueless in The Prism!
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 23:48:06
July 14 2010 00:17 GMT
#1723
Actions List:
+ Show Spoiler +
Night 0:
citi.zen recruits L (Traitor).

--Town lynches Elyas--

Night 1:
Korynne roleblocks YellowInk.
Bill Murray jails Hesmyrr.
AcrossFiveJulys puts a bomb on citi.zen.
citi.zen recruits Hesmyrr. (Failure)
Mafia hit lakrismamma.
Chezinu becomes a Mad Hatter.

BrowneY modkilled.

--Town lynches bumatlarge--
L modkilled.

Night 2:
Ace roleblocks DCLXVI.
Bill Murray jails Hesmyrr.
youngminii checks citi.zen. (Result: Godfather)
AcrossFiveJulys puts a bomb on BrownBear.
Chezinu puts a bomb on citi.zen.
Divinek activates his Coroner ability.
citi.zen recruits BloodyC0bbler. (Success)
Mafia hit Ace. (I let L have a "dying" shot because of the modkill)

--Town lynches citi.zen--

Night 3:
Bill Murray jails youngminii.
youngminii checks Bill Murray. (Result: Jailkeeper)
Chezinu puts a bomb on zeks.
Mafia hit Abenson. (Divinek also dies)

--Town lynches YellowInk--
AcrossFiveJulys modkilled.
BrownBear dies from a bomb.

Night 4:
Bill Murray jails Chezinu.
youngminii checks Bloody C0bbler. (Result: Mafia)
Chezinu switches zeks's bomb to rastaban.
Mafia hit Chezinu. (Failure)

--Mafia concede. Town wins.--




Things I want to say "for the record":
1. BrowneY was Vanilla Towney the whole game. Whoever read the word "role" as "blue" is lol ^^.
2. My stories were NOT meant to be clues, Chezinu. The Death Note theme was just me leaking my recent craze for Death Note. The fact that L was the first recruit was pure coincidence. The "citizens" in one of my posts was just me using the English language. -___-. All a coincidence I tell you!
3. L's modkill really changed the game. Him + BC would've been a hilarious team, especially if citi.zen hadn't screwed up his fake claim. lol.
4. Bill Murray, there were not two Jailkeepers in the game =P. I think you guys spend too much time reading into my posts, and yes, that's a bad thing. I didn't mind that you guys knew about the secondary roles - the important thing to me about the semi-openness of the setup was the blue roles.

www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
July 14 2010 00:21 GMT
#1724
Eatin' food is too powerful for mafia.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 14 2010 00:23 GMT
#1725
wow, citi.zen got lynched with two bombs on him.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
July 14 2010 00:42 GMT
#1726
On July 14 2010 09:23 Chezinu wrote:
wow, citi.zen got lynched with two bombs on him.


yeah good job hatters!
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
July 14 2010 00:46 GMT
#1727
This game seems like town would get raped without spotting the gf too early. Or at least it seems like there's too much luck involved? cause there seems to be a decent chance of hitting a really useful role like dt/coroner in the first two days with lynch/nk/recruit/bomb/lover

though we won this with barely 1 coroner, it seems we just super lucked out hitting the gf nearly asap with a really lucky dt check, but if we had our dt randomly nk'd, especially before finding the gf, we'd have almost lost for sure
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 01:32:09
July 14 2010 01:22 GMT
#1728
On July 14 2010 09:23 Chezinu wrote:
wow, citi.zen got lynched with two bombs on him.

All evidence points to me playing a terrible game! 2x bombs + DT check = not good.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
July 14 2010 04:55 GMT
#1729
On July 14 2010 10:22 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2010 09:23 Chezinu wrote:
wow, citi.zen got lynched with two bombs on him.

All evidence points to me playing a terrible game! 2x bombs + DT check = not good.


i thought you were both a likely mafia recruit and acting like mafia, so putting a bomb on you was a no brainer. Guess I messed up with putting the bomb on brownbear, though. Sorry dude!
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
July 14 2010 05:08 GMT
#1730
On July 14 2010 13:55 AcrossFiveJulys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2010 10:22 citi.zen wrote:
On July 14 2010 09:23 Chezinu wrote:
wow, citi.zen got lynched with two bombs on him.

All evidence points to me playing a terrible game! 2x bombs + DT check = not good.


i thought you were both a likely mafia recruit and acting like mafia, so putting a bomb on you was a no brainer. Guess I messed up with putting the bomb on brownbear, though. Sorry dude!


I appreciated your bomb on him

#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 14 2010 05:44 GMT
#1731
>.>
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
July 14 2010 06:20 GMT
#1732
On July 14 2010 14:44 flamewheel wrote:
>.>


lol. Whatd you think of the game flamey ^^
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 17:15:01
July 14 2010 15:59 GMT
#1733
--Town lynches citi.zen-- ??? :p

Post-game notes (would be interested in knowing other's thoughts during the game too):
+ Show Spoiler +
      I first signed in without realizing this was no flip setup, so I really didn't know what I was getting into. I generally just did nothing day 1 because I felt at this point there was not much to do, but I gave my opinion about some of the setup discussions going on so people didn't home in on me for lurking. Apparently I was in that perfect state of not standing out that both Godfather and Jailkeeper thought of me as good n1 target.

I also generally trusted zeks roleclaim even before he posted the encrypted code, and would have been stood with this impression until somebody counter-claimed. Also I didn't generally like Korynne's plan because in retrospect, she seemed to be putting too much faith into following the result of her plan. Maybe she might have garnered more support if she simply advocated that the town should decide who to roleblock? If no kill occured, we could have discussed what it possibly meant thereafter. Also BM-Korryne tit tat war was pretty lol. Judged the argument itself was not enough to judge their scumminess, which is why I voted for ElyAs as planned.

Interesting tidbit about this post; realizing this was no lynch I thought setup was favourable toward Mafia, and that I better try to get recruited sooner or later. So the linked post was actually my attempt to give impression that I was Detective.
but I would still rather have PR use their round of investigations once before increasing their chance of exposure.

The sentence was intended to give off impression that I was PR reluctant to out myself before using my ability. I never played anti-town intentionally, but it's always nice to have emergency exit prepared.

      The second day started up in unfortunate note with Coroner death, thought we were pretty unlucky there. Of course the night one in fact concluded with massive luck for town as BM has blocked Godfather's recruitment in what I consider epic save, but nobody but citi.zen knew that.

Nothing on day 2 that particularly seem talk-worthy; I don't even remember why lynched Divinek bumatlarge. Wow, shows how much I paid attention that day. All I know is L is dead, and we decided to crack Coroner faster than I intended due to wrong bandwagon.

      Rofl, I just saw my post where I refute Bill Murray for saying "i'd jail someone like hesmyrr if i was jailer." That partial breadcrumbing was really dangerous looking at it now. Citi.zen knew the recruitment did not work against me for some reason, meaning either: 1) I was jailed, 2) I am the second mason. Bill Murray actively saying he would jail Hesmyrr should have told him that BM is likely jailer, making him ripe recruitment target. Either way it really didn't matter as youngminii checked citi.zen successfully, he would never get chance to recruit ever again.

Bill Murray switcheroo really confused me a lot, he should be glad that I was never an advocate of Lynch All Liars. The way he angered the town kept him alive in the following night though, so that's food for thought. With no counter-claim and no other alternative to follow, rest of the game was pretty easy. Following day I was pretty convinced both were legit, hammered in the fact that game was over before mafia (which I believed there was two at the time) tried to discredit youngminii-Bill Murray, and BloodyC0bbler conceded.

I feel somewhat sorry for YellowInk for lynching him, as any unconfirmed Townies could have literally taken his spot. I just supported his lynch just because he was the one with most votes. If there was secondary bandwagon along with YellowInk bandwagon there might have been confusion that might have somehow screwed up the plan. The fact that he was way too objective didn't help matters either. I know you should never trust anyone unless 100% confirmed, and youngminii-Bill Murray pair was not, but in no flip setup like this I believe complete faith on validity of some players is required to prevent the town from drowning in anarchy of WIFOM.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
July 14 2010 17:05 GMT
#1734
Citi.zen knew the recruitment did not work against me for some reason, meaning either: 1) I was jailed, 2) I am the second mason. Bill Murray actively saying he would jail Hesmyrr should have told him that BM is likely jailer, making him ripe recruitment target.

Actually I had no idea whether a recruiting attempt was successful or not during the game.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
YellowInk
Profile Joined April 2010
United States578 Posts
July 14 2010 17:41 GMT
#1735
So it seems like almost everyone voted for me because everyone else voted for me. A true bandwagon. I wasn't too worried about it in game because short of catastrophe, I knew town would win unless youngminii was scum - in which case we had already lost. It is fair to say that I was among the unconfirmed and I along with the 4 or so others needed to either be killed or investigated, so whatever works.

All of you who are reading this should be looking at each other and seeing how it clearly was a bandwagon - there was no clear reasoning, most were voting because they had nowhere better to go. Think about this each time you hang someone and you may save a pro-town player in a future game.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 14 2010 17:53 GMT
#1736
I completely agree that it was a bandwagon and that it was started by me. I also agree that it is very bad play and shouldn't happen, even if town has pretty much won already.
lalala
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
July 14 2010 19:04 GMT
#1737
On July 15 2010 02:05 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
Citi.zen knew the recruitment did not work against me for some reason, meaning either: 1) I was jailed, 2) I am the second mason. Bill Murray actively saying he would jail Hesmyrr should have told him that BM is likely jailer, making him ripe recruitment target.

Actually I had no idea whether a recruiting attempt was successful or not during the game.


Only L and I knew lol
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
YellowInk
Profile Joined April 2010
United States578 Posts
July 14 2010 19:30 GMT
#1738
On July 15 2010 02:53 youngminii wrote:
I completely agree that it was a bandwagon and that it was started by me. I also agree that it is very bad play and shouldn't happen, even if town has pretty much won already.
Well sometimes it just happens. It can be hard to tell when it's a bandwagon, a railroading, or what. I did keep asking for reasons and I kept not getting them (for the most part), so that should've made it pretty blatant in thread.

This all being said, some people are really hard to figure if they're scum. The point is just that it should be a hanging from a culmination of active discussion, not apathetic lets hang whomever - ok I'll go along with that guy. Maybe I was the best hang because of some little thing I did in the early game. But it should be because of that (and reasonably clearly so), not because 'everybody's doing it'.
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
July 14 2010 21:46 GMT
#1739
Well, I mean it was really obvious it was bandwagon. I just didn't care :p
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
YellowInk
Profile Joined April 2010
United States578 Posts
July 14 2010 22:07 GMT
#1740
On July 15 2010 06:46 Hesmyrr wrote:
Well, I mean it was really obvious it was bandwagon. I just didn't care :p
##vote Hesmyrr
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 251
BRAT_OK 85
JuggernautJason58
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 904
Shuttle 694
Zeus 84
soO 46
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 31
scan(afreeca) 23
Bishop 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
qojqva2230
420jenkins609
canceldota3
Counter-Strike
fl0m4895
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3213
Liquid`Hasu580
Other Games
FrodaN874
KnowMe237
Livibee159
Pyrionflax145
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick628
StarCraft 2
angryscii 30
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• 3DClanTV 70
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach108
• FirePhoenix32
• 80smullet 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1844
Other Games
• imaqtpie691
• Shiphtur678
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 14m
Patches Events
20h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.