• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:40
CEST 23:40
KST 06:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8195 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 86

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 92 Next
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 20 2013 00:58 GMT
#1701
Regarding my claim: I knew I was short on time to find a way to deal with it, so I was looking for an SK guide to little result (my google-fu is bad). I actually had a lead on how to play as SK from a previous conversation that I completely spaced on until I was reminded once it was too late. I didn't want to delay my response for too long so I threw the first thing that came to mind into the thread (VIG) and, well, you saw how well that ended. Live, lynch, learn!
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
February 20 2013 01:06 GMT
#1702
Oh, with all that, I forgot to say the most important: thanks for playing and I hope you enjoyed it!

I'm glad to hear you guys liked the flavour. It was fun to do too!
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
February 20 2013 01:08 GMT
#1703
Lol greatest scum plan of all time. I would have let you live OO would have been so fun.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18449 Posts
February 20 2013 01:08 GMT
#1704
Also, Kita pm'd me that there isn't a host for the next newbie available I can set it up, but I will be gone for the next 2 weekends. If there's a cohost available for the weekend, I'll set up another game. Don't have time to work out a setup, so it'll be more standard
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 01:09 GMT
#1705
Acrofales thanks for the note.. Great read and I agree on many all points.

And agree, cora case *SHOULD* have been released - and a town Mocsta woulda said let it come out; scum Mocsta said dont do it!!! (with Arnie voice-over)
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 01:10 GMT
#1706
On February 20 2013 10:09 Mocsta wrote:
Acrofales thanks for the note.. Great read and I agree on many all points.

And agree, cora case *SHOULD* have been released - and a town Mocsta woulda said let it come out; scum Mocsta said dont do it!!! (with Arnie voice-over)


The case was on Zare.

I said it before I looked at his filter, and I started to write up a case, but I didn't find enough conclusive evidence.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 01:11 GMT
#1707
On February 20 2013 10:08 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Lol greatest scum plan of all time. I would have let you live OO would have been so fun.

In fairness; we were just mulling over possiblities.

I dont think it actually would have transpired;
it was like a plan b

If you cant be arsed reading the QT.
it involved "submitting no KP" and claiming I was shot to fake a veteran claim
& bussing mandalor because he was AFK

But yes, I was still happy VE shat on the idea; was a good reality check.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 01:15 GMT
#1708
On February 20 2013 10:08 Acrofales wrote:
Also, Kita pm'd me that there isn't a host for the next newbie available I can set it up, but I will be gone for the next 2 weekends. If there's a cohost available for the weekend, I'll set up another game. Don't have time to work out a setup, so it'll be more standard

Im taking a break from playing; so I could co-host if needed.

Is it just vote count + maybe writing flavour?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 01:16 GMT
#1709
On February 20 2013 10:10 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 10:09 Mocsta wrote:
Acrofales thanks for the note.. Great read and I agree on many all points.

And agree, cora case *SHOULD* have been released - and a town Mocsta woulda said let it come out; scum Mocsta said dont do it!!! (with Arnie voice-over)


The case was on Zare.

I said it before I looked at his filter, and I started to write up a case, but I didn't find enough conclusive evidence.

IIRC in-game, you suggested you had a case ready to unload.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 01:16 GMT
#1710
On February 20 2013 10:11 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 10:08 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Lol greatest scum plan of all time. I would have let you live OO would have been so fun.

In fairness; we were just mulling over possiblities.

I dont think it actually would have transpired;
it was like a plan b

If you cant be arsed reading the QT.
it involved "submitting no KP" and claiming I was shot to fake a veteran claim
& bussing mandalor because he was AFK

But yes, I was still happy VE shat on the idea; was a good reality check.


Dammit VE that would've been the scum basically committing suicide.

Mocsta didn't have crumbs, I did. T.T

Oh well.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
February 20 2013 01:17 GMT
#1711
On February 20 2013 10:16 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 10:10 cDgCorazon wrote:
On February 20 2013 10:09 Mocsta wrote:
Acrofales thanks for the note.. Great read and I agree on many all points.

And agree, cora case *SHOULD* have been released - and a town Mocsta woulda said let it come out; scum Mocsta said dont do it!!! (with Arnie voice-over)


The case was on Zare.

I said it before I looked at his filter, and I started to write up a case, but I didn't find enough conclusive evidence.

IIRC in-game, you suggested you had a case ready to unload.


I meant "I was going to make a case".
Grubby's #1 Fan
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 01:28 GMT
#1712
On February 20 2013 10:16 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 10:11 Mocsta wrote:
On February 20 2013 10:08 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Lol greatest scum plan of all time. I would have let you live OO would have been so fun.

In fairness; we were just mulling over possiblities.

I dont think it actually would have transpired;
it was like a plan b

If you cant be arsed reading the QT.
it involved "submitting no KP" and claiming I was shot to fake a veteran claim
& bussing mandalor because he was AFK

But yes, I was still happy VE shat on the idea; was a good reality check.


Dammit VE that would've been the scum basically committing suicide.

Mocsta didn't have crumbs, I did. T.T

Oh well.

I actually crumbed JK lolz
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 01:29:58
February 20 2013 01:29 GMT
#1713
I can write flavour ^^ (it would be the strangest most poorly written flavour yet) but it would be flavour
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 01:45 GMT
#1714
In regards to Acro final points; I have to say
that was one of the biggest lessons I learnt in my second newbie (34)
Ironically with Sylencia as scum!!!

It was 4 ppl left: me (confirmed town), zarepath (confirmed town), jampidampi & Sylencia.
I had a town read on Sylencia, and scum read on jampidampi.

The entire cycle, I just hammered the shit out of jampidampi with my confirmation bias; and played a large component in losing the game.

The point: When someone is a clear front runner for a lynch; you *NEED* to question what *IS NOT* being questioned.
Sounds easy and intuitive; but most often we feed our own confirmation bias, and forget to figure out what is actually missing...
Case in point: this Sylencia lynch.
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 02:00:03
February 20 2013 01:59 GMT
#1715
Cora: Why were you trying so hard to discredit me? Its not the end of the world to be suspicious, but the more you refused to scumhunt and spend effort hating on me, the more I thought there was no way you were town.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
February 20 2013 02:00 GMT
#1716
Question what isn't being questioned... or in other words lynch whoever is most town in the game trust me it works.

I have a sudden urge to want to write flavour but I feel my flavour would be along the same lines and quality as Axlegreasers posts...
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 02:11 GMT
#1717
On February 20 2013 11:00 JacobStrangelove wrote:
I have a sudden urge to want to write flavour but I feel my flavour would be along the same lines and quality as Axlegreasers posts...

Beat you to it Dear

On February 20 2013 10:15 Mocsta wrote:
Im taking a break from playing; so I could co-host if needed.

Is it just vote count + maybe writing flavour?


Perhaps our forces can unite.

I have the Mocsta effect; you have the strangest of love; together, they combine into.... <AWESOME flavour>
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 20 2013 02:19 GMT
#1718
On February 20 2013 10:59 TestSubject893 wrote:
Cora: Why were you trying so hard to discredit me? Its not the end of the world to be suspicious, but the more you refused to scumhunt and spend effort hating on me, the more I thought there was no way you were town.

I will let him answer this for himself; but my 2c from recollection.

<just note, I was privy to knowing you were both town>
I thought corazon could have responded to you less harshly; but i could see his point of view.
I knew you were both town and thought you were wasting your time on him; and thus, wasting the influence options of being confirmed town.

With that in mind; corazon expressed -quite vivdly- the same mentality.. why are you wasting time on "me" go hunt real scum.
Because his knowledge was that he was town, and 'knew' it was a waste of time; and probably auto-assume everyone thought the same.

I said this in one of my recent games (non-newbie) where some one kept beating the same drum over and over again; and think it applies here.
On February 07 2013 14:48 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 14:39 Djodref wrote:
(1) -You have failed to properly address my point against you multiple time, you answers are deliberately missing the fact that your attacks against Oats were unjustified from a town point of view. You attack someone if you think he is scum, not to have a feud because you have different ways of playing the game nor giving hints on his scum meta.

I learnt my lesson yesterday and am walking away from this as of now.

I have answered the question(s) at hand several times to multiple parties; its simple, you do not like my answers.
However you are making zero effort to manifest your question with a different approach.
i.e. You keep asking the same question, I keep giving the same answer.

Either:
  • Lead with a case and a vote, or;
  • accept what I am saying and move on.
The choice is that simple.

I am saying this because, I see this sequence of events on TL Mafia a lot (even though I am relatively new)

corazon made no real effort to be pleasant, effectively pissing you off to tunnel him more.
And you made no effort to paraphrase and consider there was a misunderstanding (which is generally the simplest solution)
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
February 20 2013 02:37 GMT
#1719
On February 20 2013 10:08 Acrofales wrote:
Also, Kita pm'd me that there isn't a host for the next newbie available I can set it up, but I will be gone for the next 2 weekends. If there's a cohost available for the weekend, I'll set up another game. Don't have time to work out a setup, so it'll be more standard

I'd offer to help but I want to play in the next newbie
Maybe make a post in the list thread asking about?
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
February 20 2013 02:48 GMT
#1720
Oooh, nice write-up.

Taking the two posts in the host qt that had serious content and ignoring the multitude of those that were just us making fun of people.
okay, i fess up.
ME making fun of people.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14821
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 107
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto57
NeuroSwarm26
League of Legends
Doublelift3795
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6561
Other Games
summit1g6578
FrodaN2624
fl0m812
mouzStarbuck365
KnowMe255
ToD249
ArmadaUGS156
Mew2King47
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 20m
INu's Battles
14h 20m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 20m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 20m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.