• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:46
CEST 20:46
KST 03:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9460 users

Godfather Mafia - Page 86

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 Next
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
July 13 2010 14:26 GMT
#1701
Thanks for setting up this game Darth, it was fun. The town really lucked out here, but YM going 2 out of 3 on scum checks and nabbing the GF so early was good play on his part.

This was my first mafia game and I was Townie. anyone mind commenting on things that I did or didn't do that I should work on to improve?

Thanks.

Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
July 13 2010 14:35 GMT
#1702
youngminii used his abilities splendidly, I think. He literally won us a game in what I find to be extremely mafia-sided setup. Also props to Bill Murray for his decision to jail me and I think Chenizu at the very last night?- I have no idea why I stood out that much compared to rest of the veterans, honestly. (double jail AND recruit attempt? )

Also I agree L modkill really screwed the town; loss of traitor/mafia really cost them valuable window to counterclaim youngminii in that critical day.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-13 15:00:15
July 13 2010 14:59 GMT
#1703
On July 13 2010 23:35 Hesmyrr wrote:
youngminii used his abilities splendidly, I think. He literally won us a game in what I find to be extremely mafia-sided setup. Also props to Bill Murray for his decision to jail me and I think Chenizu at the very last night?- I have no idea why I stood out that much compared to rest of the veterans, honestly. (double jail AND recruit attempt? )

Also I agree L modkill really screwed the town; loss of traitor/mafia really cost them valuable window to counterclaim youngminii in that critical day.

You actually didn't stand out - that is why I tried to recruit you. I was very close to recruiting Abenson or BM in your place, but decided BM was better at causing chaos on his own and Abenson is no danger to the mafia team anyway. Instead I went for a roster which combined some experience with lower-key but solid players. Then L got killed so I tried to replace him with BC (I thought there was a decent chance Ace was a Mason given Korynne's early play), and got lucky enough to be DT checked on the very first try.

This set-up seems high-variance: the right DT check pretty much ended the game (granted I made a moronic mistake, at that point the town would still RB/bomb/distrust me); the wrong DT check and a successful night 2 recruitment means mafia pretty much wins.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 13 2010 15:22 GMT
#1704
I think both sides had a lot of broken stuff. A DT that becomes invincible with no way to stop them aside from a lucky recruitment is major tears v_v
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
YellowInk
Profile Joined April 2010
United States578 Posts
July 13 2010 15:55 GMT
#1705
Mafia got incredibly unlucky here. If the GF can stay under the radar till day 5 or so, it's practically unwinnable for town with the number of blues we had. This is why I was convinced we had at least two roleblockers - how can you honestly expect the GF to be found by the midgame? You need some way to draw the game out and have a reasonable chance for a town win without finding the GF in the early game. This kind of setup is just really swingy.

Since mafia hadn't conceded and BM being ridiculous, when I was lynched I was convinced youngminii was mafia. I figured we were looking at a mafia victory. With all the lying that was going on in the town, I don't see how we could have won without the streak of luck even if it were a level game.

Since most of you wouldn't tell me in thread, I'm curious what convinced you guys I was mafia?
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
July 13 2010 15:56 GMT
#1706
When Darth PMed me with the idea for this game, my first response was "I don't know how the heck we're going to balance this." I'm just happy it turned out to have a playable format, even if the game changed a lot from the last time I gave input to the final version (Coroner and Dream Catcher weren't in that version and I don't think Jailkeeper was either?). Nicely done Darth and whomever you talked to for the final iterations.
Uff Da
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
July 13 2010 16:15 GMT
#1707
lol GG...
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 13 2010 16:16 GMT
#1708
On July 14 2010 01:15 bumatlarge wrote:
lol GG...

You totally called so many things and didn't know it!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 13 2010 16:56 GMT
#1709
GG everyone. Town did everything right this game (or everything lucky, depending on your perspective.

Bearies coming later tonight.
SUNSFANNED
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 13 2010 18:20 GMT
#1710
he went to kill chez? i didnt jail youngminii, as i expected mafia to expect me to do that, so i jailed chez to save him
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 13 2010 18:23 GMT
#1711
On July 14 2010 00:55 YellowInk wrote:
Mafia got incredibly unlucky here. If the GF can stay under the radar till day 5 or so, it's practically unwinnable for town with the number of blues we had. This is why I was convinced we had at least two roleblockers - how can you honestly expect the GF to be found by the midgame? You need some way to draw the game out and have a reasonable chance for a town win without finding the GF in the early game. This kind of setup is just really swingy.

Since mafia hadn't conceded and BM being ridiculous, when I was lynched I was convinced youngminii was mafia. I figured we were looking at a mafia victory. With all the lying that was going on in the town, I don't see how we could have won without the streak of luck even if it were a level game.

Since most of you wouldn't tell me in thread, I'm curious what convinced you guys I was mafia?


noone was convinced you were mafia
we just wanted you to shut up
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
July 13 2010 19:25 GMT
#1712
On July 14 2010 00:55 YellowInk wrote:
Mafia got incredibly unlucky here. If the GF can stay under the radar till day 5 or so, it's practically unwinnable for town with the number of blues we had. This is why I was convinced we had at least two roleblockers - how can you honestly expect the GF to be found by the midgame? You need some way to draw the game out and have a reasonable chance for a town win without finding the GF in the early game. This kind of setup is just really swingy.

Since mafia hadn't conceded and BM being ridiculous, when I was lynched I was convinced youngminii was mafia. I figured we were looking at a mafia victory. With all the lying that was going on in the town, I don't see how we could have won without the streak of luck even if it were a level game.

Since most of you wouldn't tell me in thread, I'm curious what convinced you guys I was mafia?


I thought you were mafia day 1, but after that (I assumed Ace RBed you) I thought you were in the clear. I voted for you the day of the lynch as a place holder vote and when I came back you had already been railroaded. I was going to switch my vote since I didn't see any reason to lynch you but by then there was no way to sway everyone else and it fit the plan so I went with it.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 13 2010 19:40 GMT
#1713
On July 14 2010 00:55 YellowInk wrote:
Mafia got incredibly unlucky here. If the GF can stay under the radar till day 5 or so, it's practically unwinnable for town with the number of blues we had. This is why I was convinced we had at least two roleblockers - how can you honestly expect the GF to be found by the midgame? You need some way to draw the game out and have a reasonable chance for a town win without finding the GF in the early game. This kind of setup is just really swingy.

Since mafia hadn't conceded and BM being ridiculous, when I was lynched I was convinced youngminii was mafia. I figured we were looking at a mafia victory. With all the lying that was going on in the town, I don't see how we could have won without the streak of luck even if it were a level game.

Since most of you wouldn't tell me in thread, I'm curious what convinced you guys I was mafia?

My list of suspects were:

BM
YI
BC

I checked BM and then I voted for you since you were next on the list. It's not that your posts were overly scummy and it was hugely obvious that you were mafia (and you weren't) but it was more that no one else seemed scummy and your posts did have a little bit of scumminess in them. I did say that my vote wasn't completely serious and I'd be fine if you weren't lynched, as I'd just check you that night anyway. But other people ended up voting you as well, 'cause I guess at that point it became a game of follow the cop or something, I'm not sure.
lalala
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
July 13 2010 20:12 GMT
#1714
On July 14 2010 00:56 Qatol wrote:
When Darth PMed me with the idea for this game, my first response was "I don't know how the heck we're going to balance this." I'm just happy it turned out to have a playable format, even if the game changed a lot from the last time I gave input to the final version (Coroner and Dream Catcher weren't in that version and I don't think Jailkeeper was either?). Nicely done Darth and whomever you talked to for the final iterations.


*Gasp* a town win? Impossible...
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
July 13 2010 23:43 GMT
#1715
On July 13 2010 17:48 Chezinu wrote:
oh Darth, did you use the queen of spades and queen of diamonds for the masons?


nah I used Aces.

On July 14 2010 05:12 Incognito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2010 00:56 Qatol wrote:
When Darth PMed me with the idea for this game, my first response was "I don't know how the heck we're going to balance this." I'm just happy it turned out to have a playable format, even if the game changed a lot from the last time I gave input to the final version (Coroner and Dream Catcher weren't in that version and I don't think Jailkeeper was either?). Nicely done Darth and whomever you talked to for the final iterations.


*Gasp* a town win? Impossible...


lol yea. I was like o.O at the things happening. Just got back so I'll make a list of the night actions and all that asap.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-13 23:52:15
July 13 2010 23:50 GMT
#1716
Roles List:
+ Show Spoiler +
1. Chezinu - Dream Catcher -> Mad Hatter
2. BrownBear - Townie
3. YellowInk - Townie
4. zeks - Free Mason
5. Thegilaboy/BloodyC0bbler - Townie -> Night 2 Mafia
6. Divinek - Coroner/Lover
7. Bill Murray - Jailkeeper
8. citi.zen - Godfather
9. L - Traitor -> Night 0 Mafia
10. DCLXVI - Townie
11. Hesmyrr - Townie
12. youngminii - Detective
13. bumatlarge
14. [s]Korynne/Ace - Roleblocker
15. lakrismamma - Coroner
16. Abenson - Townie/Lover
17. ElyAs - Townie
18. AcrossFiveJulys - Mad Hatter/Free Mason
19. rastaban - Townie
20. BrowneY - Townie
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 13 2010 23:51 GMT
#1717
A5J is mason right?
lol, clueless in The Prism!
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
July 13 2010 23:52 GMT
#1718
On July 14 2010 08:51 Chezinu wrote:
A5J is mason right?


yea, typo, just fixed it.

Also, I'll vouch for Chez's "decoding" zeks thing.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
July 13 2010 23:59 GMT
#1719
On July 14 2010 08:52 DarthThienAn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2010 08:51 Chezinu wrote:
A5J is mason right?


yea, typo, just fixed it.

Also, I'll vouch for Chez's "decoding" zeks thing.


Here was the pm:
+ Show Spoiler +
From: DarthThienAn [ 1702 posts | Profile | Buddy ]
Subject: Re: For post-game
Date: 7/5/10 09:35
lol, okay. ^^.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
When I said I "think" I cracked the code. It is really just a big guess. I noticed that the code had 15 characters so I decided to play hangman. First thing I decided to do was assume that he was naming his partner for his death post. so, I was like who have a name 15 characters long --> AcrossFiveJulys


So that was my guess, whether it is right.. I have no idea, lol!

g6<9<<x?N.n<?C= -> AcrossFiveJulys


Also, proof roleclaiming helps:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 07 2010 13:11 Chezinu wrote:
Player List Based on people's roleclaims and people's reaction (this does not necessarily represent my opinion unless it is 100% correct):

1. Chezinu
2. BrownBear
3. YellowInk
4. zeks
5. Thegilaboy (BloodyC0bbler)
6. Divinek
7. Bill Murray
8. citi.zen
9. L
10. DCLXVI
11. Hesmyrr
12. youngminii
13. bumatlarge
14. Korynne (Ace)
15. lakrismamma
16. Abenson
17. ElyAs
18. AcrossFiveJulys
19. rastaban
20. BrowneY


Ace confirmed DCLXVI as innocent
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 00:11:35
July 14 2010 00:06 GMT
#1720
On July 13 2010 17:12 Youngminii wrote:

I'm too good at this shit. I shall henceforth be known as Scumhunter Youngminii.



yeah you sure sniffed me out you scum hunting genious.

and yi too

god you're amazing
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 251
BRAT_OK 85
JuggernautJason58
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 904
Shuttle 694
Zeus 84
soO 46
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 31
scan(afreeca) 23
Bishop 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
qojqva2230
420jenkins609
canceldota3
Counter-Strike
fl0m4895
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3213
Liquid`Hasu580
Other Games
FrodaN874
KnowMe237
Livibee159
Pyrionflax145
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick628
StarCraft 2
angryscii 30
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• 3DClanTV 70
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach108
• FirePhoenix32
• 80smullet 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1844
Other Games
• imaqtpie691
• Shiphtur678
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 14m
Patches Events
20h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.