• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:20
CEST 08:20
KST 15:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9536 users

Wheel of Fortune Mini Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 59 Next
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
April 22 2012 21:51 GMT
#141
I think I see what you mean, giving scum 2 more targets will give them way too many to shoot down with all the veterans here, especially if one or two in the mason pair are newbies who would never normally attract bullets. In that case, why wait until tomorrow? Why not claim now in that case? Why tomorrow? We are most likely one less player tomorrow, maybe 2. 2 confirmed among 12 is not far from 2 confirmed among 14, it´s not enough to single out scum.

The way I see it, either we give scum more targets, or we make sure to get as many confirmed town as possible. If the first, then the masons should claim now, if the second, then we wait until day 3 and have the masons and DTs claim all at once.
:3
SamuelLJackson
Profile Joined December 2011
223 Posts
April 22 2012 22:16 GMT
#142
On April 23 2012 06:51 Forumite wrote:
I think I see what you mean, giving scum 2 more targets will give them way too many to shoot down with all the veterans here, especially if one or two in the mason pair are newbies who would never normally attract bullets. In that case, why wait until tomorrow? Why not claim now in that case? Why tomorrow? We are most likely one less player tomorrow, maybe 2. 2 confirmed among 12 is not far from 2 confirmed among 14, it´s not enough to single out scum.

The way I see it, either we give scum more targets, or we make sure to get as many confirmed town as possible. If the first, then the masons should claim now, if the second, then we wait until day 3 and have the masons and DTs claim all at once.

Exactly and that's it for me talking about the mason topic. I mentioned C9++ A LOT, so everyone should know where to look at if you're not sure about the mason topic.

I'd really rather have people talk about scumreads. We need to lynch someone. I said I think VE is a nice option. Noone commented on that one. Radfield said he thinks I'm not town with a oneliner and noone commented on that except for blue dropping the town-bomb. Forumite said he thinks zentor looks scummy and noone said anything about that one.

That's essentially everything we've got so far if I recall correctly and this mason talk is hurting us if we keep on talking about that. It's giving everyone and their dog a chance to not talk about scumreads at all. I don't think we have masons but if we do I'm sure we talked enough about it and they made their mind clear about that topic themselves, so it's up to them.

That being said I'm voting VE because of what I said earlier and going to bed now. You guys really need to start talking about the lynch as well and ignore masons for the time being... They'll do whatever they think is best for town anyways IF we got some.

##vote VisceraEyes

--- Toad
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 22 2012 22:34 GMT
#143
On April 23 2012 05:58 SamuelLJackson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 05:46 Ace wrote:
Why would we be generating encrypted strings when both Masons can just claim Day 2? We're doing extra work for nothing. If they aren't in the game then we just move on.

That being said I really don't think there's masons in here because of what I said earlier and would rather talk about scumreads instead. No responses about what I said about VE?


I skimmed the first few pages of VE's last several games. This seems like by far the least he's posted in the first 24 hours of any game recently, as scum or as town or as SK.

The one thing I did notice was that it seems like he tries to lead when he's town but not by pushing lynch targets, but rather by telling everyone else why their lynch targets are wrong; he's not doing that this game, but he's not doing anything yet either. (at least compared to normal)
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 22 2012 22:36 GMT
#144
On April 23 2012 07:34 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 05:58 SamuelLJackson wrote:
On April 23 2012 05:46 Ace wrote:
Why would we be generating encrypted strings when both Masons can just claim Day 2? We're doing extra work for nothing. If they aren't in the game then we just move on.

That being said I really don't think there's masons in here because of what I said earlier and would rather talk about scumreads instead. No responses about what I said about VE?


I skimmed the first few pages of VE's last several games. This seems like by far the least he's posted in the first 24 hours of any game recently, as scum or as town or as SK.

The one thing I did notice was that it seems like he tries to lead when he's town but not by pushing lynch targets, but rather by telling everyone else why their lynch targets are wrong; he's not doing that this game, but he's not doing anything yet either. (at least compared to normal)


Did you not see whichever game it was where he singlehandedly led the lynch on Cyber Cheese?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
April 22 2012 22:41 GMT
#145
Wasn't it Sum of All Fears?
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
April 22 2012 22:57 GMT
#146
23 hours left, two questions; Who is scum, and where are all the lurkers?
:3
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 22 2012 23:01 GMT
#147
I have to say, it would be superhandy to have the filters in the player list.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 22 2012 23:03 GMT
#148
Sbrubbles isn't around but he was inactive for a long time in DFM 2 before showing up before the deadline.

prphlz isn't around either.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
April 22 2012 23:10 GMT
#149
On April 23 2012 08:01 marvellosity wrote:
I have to say, it would be superhandy to have the filters in the player list.

I agree with this.

While you are here, would you mind building on your own filter? We´ve talked about masons the first half of the day, during this time, have you found anyone suspicious?
:3
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 22 2012 23:17 GMT
#150
On April 23 2012 07:36 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 07:34 strongandbig wrote:
On April 23 2012 05:58 SamuelLJackson wrote:
On April 23 2012 05:46 Ace wrote:
Why would we be generating encrypted strings when both Masons can just claim Day 2? We're doing extra work for nothing. If they aren't in the game then we just move on.

That being said I really don't think there's masons in here because of what I said earlier and would rather talk about scumreads instead. No responses about what I said about VE?


I skimmed the first few pages of VE's last several games. This seems like by far the least he's posted in the first 24 hours of any game recently, as scum or as town or as SK.

The one thing I did notice was that it seems like he tries to lead when he's town but not by pushing lynch targets, but rather by telling everyone else why their lynch targets are wrong; he's not doing that this game, but he's not doing anything yet either. (at least compared to normal)


Did you not see whichever game it was where he singlehandedly led the lynch on Cyber Cheese?


No. I read DFM2 (town), LI (scum), and Bastard (SK).

I'll take a look at some others if I have time, but there's a lot of players here to get background on.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 22 2012 23:34 GMT
#151
On April 23 2012 08:10 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 08:01 marvellosity wrote:
I have to say, it would be superhandy to have the filters in the player list.

I agree with this.

While you are here, would you mind building on your own filter? We´ve talked about masons the first half of the day, during this time, have you found anyone suspicious?


Just had a read over it now, as honestly it made my eyes glaze a little the first time. Regarding the masons thing, it seems that no-one really particularly disagrees with anything, there's just pros and cons of claiming right away and later such as on Day 3.

Nothing screamed at me scummy, and I'm not too sure on the case against VE. Sure I know it's a Day 1 case, but it seems to have even less substance than usual.

Also very hard to tell just who's lurking and posting and whatnot without the lovely filter list :x
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 22 2012 23:43 GMT
#152
I agree with Toad, enough about the masons. If in fact they exist, they have enough information and opinions to make their own decision.

I was serious when I said I was willing to vote VE, however prplhz needs to show up or he might get the vote as well. More to come.

##vote Visceraeyes

Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
April 22 2012 23:53 GMT
#153
Sup guys. Sorry for the delay, weekends are always hard for me to find time to post. I'll be on plenty during the week, though.

On the whole mason thing, I don't think it's necessary for them to claim at all (on any day) unless one of them is under suspicion. What's the point of having 2 confirmed townies if they're in no chance of being lynched? Sure, town might waste time discussing them and cops may waste investigations on them since they're not confirmed, but if it gets absurdly out of hand they can decide to claim after all. Also, breadcrumbing their partner is not very important, because no mafia would counter claim the other mason, I would think. I mean, giving town a 50% chance of lynching scum and a confirmed lynch the next day if the lynch misses, in exchange for a 50% chance to kill a single townie (even if he is confirmed), sounds like a terrible trade.

That said, I suppose it might be a good strategy to claim if the masons are two relatively new players (like myself), in that it would draw fire away from more veteran town players.

If the masons do decide to claim, though, I don't think we should waste town powers confirming them. I'd be happy with believing them and only doubt them if they start acting specially scummy or aren't dead by day 4. Cops are here to investigate scummy players, not to confirm townies.

I'll rereading the thread to try to get my reads right now.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 22 2012 23:58 GMT
#154
On April 23 2012 08:53 Sbrubbles wrote:

That said, I suppose it might be a good strategy to claim if the masons are two relatively new players (like myself), in that it would draw fire away from more veteran town players.



Agreed.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
April 23 2012 00:09 GMT
#155
I'd like to see a few of VE's scum reads before voting for him. There hasn't been a ton of content and I'm not convinced that giving his town reads is an indicator that he is scum.

strongandbig, I actually did read your full post. It just seemed like a lot of setup speculation coming from the same guy who said this:
On April 22 2012 09:14 strongandbig wrote:
At this point I think everyone involved in the "sign your posts" debate looks pretty suspicious. It's a distraction from what we should be focusing on, which is finding the cheating bastard trying to take our money (aka the scum).

Purplehaze I'm looking at you. It feels like you made this an issue just to make an issue of it.

>.>

What was it about the setup speculation that was more important than discussing the hydra signing their posts and why should we not consider you "suspicious" for the same reasons that you thought prplhz was suspicious?
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
April 23 2012 00:12 GMT
#156
On April 23 2012 08:53 Sbrubbles wrote:
That said, I suppose it might be a good strategy to claim if the masons are two relatively new players (like myself), in that it would draw fire away from more veteran town players.

If the masons do decide to claim, though, I don't think we should waste town powers confirming them. I'd be happy with believing them and only doubt them if they start acting specially scummy or aren't dead by day 4. Cops are here to investigate scummy players, not to confirm townies.

I agree with all this also. That said, I agree with the hydra in that it's time to stop talking about the masons and to start hunting scum.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
April 23 2012 00:21 GMT
#157
On April 23 2012 09:12 Snarfs wrote:
I agree with all this also. That said, I agree with the hydra in that it's time to stop talking about the masons and to start hunting scum.

Speaking of which, I'd like to hear some from Ace, whose posts have almost entirely been about Masons at this point. Ace, what do you think of VE has a lynch candidate? If you had to pick a second candidate, who would it be?

I think it would be valuable to have two candidates to consider going into the last 18 or so hours before the lynch.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 23 2012 00:30 GMT
#158
I don't even think VE is a serious lynch candidate. If there is a case on him, I'd actually like to see it explained by the people voting for him.

As for a second candidate I'm pretty sure you know the answer already but just in case you don't: I don't have one.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
April 23 2012 01:00 GMT
#159
On April 23 2012 09:09 Snarfs wrote:
I'd like to see a few of VE's scum reads before voting for him. There hasn't been a ton of content and I'm not convinced that giving his town reads is an indicator that he is scum.

strongandbig, I actually did read your full post. It just seemed like a lot of setup speculation coming from the same guy who said this:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 09:14 strongandbig wrote:
At this point I think everyone involved in the "sign your posts" debate looks pretty suspicious. It's a distraction from what we should be focusing on, which is finding the cheating bastard trying to take our money (aka the scum).

Purplehaze I'm looking at you. It feels like you made this an issue just to make an issue of it.

>.>

What was it about the setup speculation that was more important than discussing the hydra signing their posts and why should we not consider you "suspicious" for the same reasons that you thought prplhz was suspicious?

Hmm.

I guess partly because in the case of the hydra it seems kind of obvious and irrelevant, whereas in the case of the masons thing it was actually a question that didn't have an obvious answer (to me at least) and which could require a certain amount of coordination amongst the town.

You're right though; it was kind of a distraction as well.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 23 2012 01:25 GMT
#160
You guys are boring me :/
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 59 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 304
sorry 65
Mind 64
Bale 33
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 725
Other Games
summit1g7877
Coldzera 722
WinterStarcraft653
C9.Mang0318
Sick153
febbydoto22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
BasetradeTV176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2168
League of Legends
• Rush1483
Other Games
• Shiphtur634
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 40m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.