• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:31
CEST 19:31
KST 02:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8829 users

NaDa's Body - Page 56

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 262 Next
Please don't hotlink images from Korean sites - use imgur.com to re-host them. Thanks!
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
January 02 2011 13:50 GMT
#1101
I'm glad they aren't so homophobic in Korea, it's really just a Western thing.

You can't even comment on Reach's buffness without being called a faggot.

+ Show Spoiler +
Reach IS buff btw.
I think esports is pretty nice.
Deekin[
Profile Joined December 2010
Serbia1713 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-02 19:03:28
January 02 2011 19:02 GMT
#1102
Now, you who does not acknowledge Reach as the MANtoss........ click yourself back to page 1......... 55 pages later, you will have found salvation.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CJ Entus fighting! I am a Leta, Hydra, Mind and (ofcourse) Firebathero fan. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
JustQuitWarcraftIII
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States679 Posts
January 02 2011 19:03 GMT
#1103
I must say Best is turning into a beast physically. Wish him the best in 2011. Stork looks decent but he needs to lose the glasses.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-02 20:04:24
January 02 2011 20:03 GMT
#1104
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Jesus is such a hottie
Yhamm is the god of predictions
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-02 21:50:37
January 02 2011 21:42 GMT
#1105
On January 02 2011 22:50 Saechiis wrote:
I'm glad they aren't so homophobic in Korea, it's really just a Western thing.


Actually, the Korean culture is far and away much more homophobic than Western culture. As far as I understand it, close male friendships aren't seen as "gay" in Korea because open homosexuality is by and large completely absent from their culture, and there is pretty much zero mainstream acceptance for actual gay people in Korea.

The actor Kim Ji-hoo came out as gay in 2008, and then he was instantly flooded with messages of hatred and ostracized by the media, and as a result he committed suicide a few months later. This would never happen today to a celebrity in the West, not even in a country as largely homophobic as the US. So yeah, South Korea is about as homophobic as it gets among countries where homosexuality is legal at all.

On topic: I am so looking forward to Reach and Yellow being back on KT to resume their former hotness.
yoonyoon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1065 Posts
January 02 2011 22:55 GMT
#1106
On January 03 2011 06:42 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 22:50 Saechiis wrote:
I'm glad they aren't so homophobic in Korea, it's really just a Western thing.


Actually, the Korean culture is far and away much more homophobic than Western culture. As far as I understand it, close male friendships aren't seen as "gay" in Korea because open homosexuality is by and large completely absent from their culture, and there is pretty much zero mainstream acceptance for actual gay people in Korea.

Agreed. People don't seem outwardly homophobic since it's like a lot of people don't even see homosexuality as an option.


And um.


I don't really have anything good to post anymore so..


[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
FraCuS
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1072 Posts
January 02 2011 23:01 GMT
#1107
On January 03 2011 07:55 yoonyoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2011 06:42 matjlav wrote:
On January 02 2011 22:50 Saechiis wrote:
I'm glad they aren't so homophobic in Korea, it's really just a Western thing.


Actually, the Korean culture is far and away much more homophobic than Western culture. As far as I understand it, close male friendships aren't seen as "gay" in Korea because open homosexuality is by and large completely absent from their culture, and there is pretty much zero mainstream acceptance for actual gay people in Korea.

Agreed. People don't seem outwardly homophobic since it's like a lot of people don't even see homosexuality as an option.


And um.


I don't really have anything good to post anymore so..


[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]



<3 FBH!
Apink/Girl's Day/miss A/IU/Crayon Pop/Sistar/Exo K :D l Kpop and Kdrama Enthusiast
Deekin[
Profile Joined December 2010
Serbia1713 Posts
January 03 2011 01:35 GMT
#1108


[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

I just jizzed in my pants.... ah FBH....
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CJ Entus fighting! I am a Leta, Hydra, Mind and (ofcourse) Firebathero fan. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
January 03 2011 01:41 GMT
#1109
On January 02 2011 22:50 Saechiis wrote:
I'm glad they aren't so homophobic in Korea, it's really just a Western thing.

You can't even comment on Reach's buffness without being called a faggot.

+ Show Spoiler +
Reach IS buff btw.


Ya, as people have noted, open homosexuality (I wanna screw you in the ass or obvious desire for male-male sexual relations w/e) is not accepted by anybody except for other gay koreans or people with more "western" mindsets.

On the other hand, what immature kids in the US consider "gay" and slightly more intimate male-male relations are considered perfectly normal in Korea, and people make "gay" jokes all the time, it's good fun if you're not gay, and really awkward if you are I suppose lol
Hey! Listen!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
January 03 2011 01:48 GMT
#1110
On January 02 2011 09:02 yoonyoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 11:39 Seeker wrote:
Lol @ this thread being constantly bumped. I have a feeling that this thread will definitely be alive during 2011 as well.
That being said, are there any pictures of that time Stork came out with an impressive body?

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler [ More Stork] +
[image loading]
[image loading]



While I'm at it..

Lomo,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Best,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Anytime,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

PianO,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Brave,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

HoeJJa, erm. needs to gain more weight
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

JD,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

and... uh.. Sorry for the last one.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




I swear, I'm not a pervert.



Ahahahah, such epic pics, much thanx.
No, you're not gay.
Just cause this stuff is hilarious, doesn't mean searching for them automatically make someone gay.

Holy crap, we got some seriously built SC players here.
I'm guessing their lives are : Play SC all day/work out/socialize/try to get gfs/sleep
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
IamBach
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1059 Posts
January 03 2011 02:00 GMT
#1111
On January 03 2011 10:48 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 09:02 yoonyoon wrote:
On January 01 2011 11:39 Seeker wrote:
Lol @ this thread being constantly bumped. I have a feeling that this thread will definitely be alive during 2011 as well.
That being said, are there any pictures of that time Stork came out with an impressive body?

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler [ More Stork] +
[image loading]
[image loading]



While I'm at it..

Lomo,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Best,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Anytime,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

PianO,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Brave,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

HoeJJa, erm. needs to gain more weight
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

JD,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

and... uh.. Sorry for the last one.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




I swear, I'm not a pervert.



Ahahahah, such epic pics, much thanx.
No, you're not gay.
Just cause this stuff is hilarious, doesn't mean searching for them automatically make someone gay.

Holy crap, we got some seriously built SC players here.
I'm guessing their lives are : Play SC all day/work out/socialize/try to get gfs/sleep

lol sounds like my kind of life
Just listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__lCZeePG48
yoonyoon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1065 Posts
January 03 2011 12:08 GMT
#1112
On January 03 2011 10:48 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 09:02 yoonyoon wrote:
On January 01 2011 11:39 Seeker wrote:
Lol @ this thread being constantly bumped. I have a feeling that this thread will definitely be alive during 2011 as well.
That being said, are there any pictures of that time Stork came out with an impressive body?

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler [ More Stork] +
[image loading]
[image loading]



While I'm at it..

Lomo,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Best,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Anytime,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

PianO,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Brave,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

HoeJJa, erm. needs to gain more weight
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

JD,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

and... uh.. Sorry for the last one.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




I swear, I'm not a pervert.



Ahahahah, such epic pics, much thanx.
No, you're not gay.
Just cause this stuff is hilarious, doesn't mean searching for them automatically make someone gay.

Holy crap, we got some seriously built SC players here.
I'm guessing their lives are : Play SC all day/work out/socialize/try to get gfs/sleep

Well, I have gay immunity as a girl.

Anyways, from what I know, although the more built ones have obviously put more effort into it, progamers actually have workout sessions everyday. I guess it's because they have a severely sedentary lifestyle..

Ugh, running out of stuff to post


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
January 03 2011 14:11 GMT
#1113
On January 03 2011 21:08 yoonyoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2011 10:48 Seeker wrote:
On January 02 2011 09:02 yoonyoon wrote:
On January 01 2011 11:39 Seeker wrote:
Lol @ this thread being constantly bumped. I have a feeling that this thread will definitely be alive during 2011 as well.
That being said, are there any pictures of that time Stork came out with an impressive body?

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler [ More Stork] +
[image loading]
[image loading]



While I'm at it..

Lomo,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Best,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Anytime,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

PianO,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Brave,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

HoeJJa, erm. needs to gain more weight
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

JD,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

and... uh.. Sorry for the last one.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




I swear, I'm not a pervert.



Ahahahah, such epic pics, much thanx.
No, you're not gay.
Just cause this stuff is hilarious, doesn't mean searching for them automatically make someone gay.

Holy crap, we got some seriously built SC players here.
I'm guessing their lives are : Play SC all day/work out/socialize/try to get gfs/sleep

Well, I have gay immunity as a girl.

Anyways, from what I know, although the more built ones have obviously put more effort into it, progamers actually have workout sessions everyday. I guess it's because they have a severely sedentary lifestyle..

Ugh, running out of stuff to post


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


Where's Bisu or Stork?!
▲ ▲ ▲
JustQuitWarcraftIII
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States679 Posts
January 03 2011 15:16 GMT
#1114
My top 5 progamer bodies:
1. Reach
2. NaDa
3. Jaedong
4. Boxer
5. Nal_rA
Almin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States583 Posts
January 03 2011 18:08 GMT
#1115
On January 02 2011 11:54 dukethegold wrote:
Woah! Lomo has a 6 pack? That scared me.

This thread will outlive TL.

6 packs aren't hard to get lol, just gotta have a low body fat % and work them out like any other muscle in your body.
VeNoM HaZ Skill
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1528 Posts
January 03 2011 19:19 GMT
#1116
On January 03 2011 21:08 yoonyoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2011 10:48 Seeker wrote:
On January 02 2011 09:02 yoonyoon wrote:
On January 01 2011 11:39 Seeker wrote:
Lol @ this thread being constantly bumped. I have a feeling that this thread will definitely be alive during 2011 as well.
That being said, are there any pictures of that time Stork came out with an impressive body?

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler [ More Stork] +
[image loading]
[image loading]



While I'm at it..

Lomo,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Best,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Anytime,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

PianO,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Brave,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

HoeJJa, erm. needs to gain more weight
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

JD,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

and... uh.. Sorry for the last one.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




I swear, I'm not a pervert.



Ahahahah, such epic pics, much thanx.
No, you're not gay.
Just cause this stuff is hilarious, doesn't mean searching for them automatically make someone gay.

Holy crap, we got some seriously built SC players here.
I'm guessing their lives are : Play SC all day/work out/socialize/try to get gfs/sleep

Well, I have gay immunity as a girl.

Anyways, from what I know, although the more built ones have obviously put more effort into it, progamers actually have workout sessions everyday. I guess it's because they have a severely sedentary lifestyle..

+ Show Spoiler +
Ugh, running out of stuff to post


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]




I think everyone lives a sedentary lifestyle without exercise... kinda the definition of sedentary.

Not many people live a life where physical activity is incorporated into their day seamlessly, which is why they work out... so doesnt it sound redundant to say a progamer lives a sedentary lifestyle if the didnt work out, when that statement aplies to everyone?!
#1 MMA fan! I like you too Taeja. Still patiently waiting for the Crown Prince to become the King.
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
January 03 2011 19:29 GMT
#1117
On January 03 2011 21:08 yoonyoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2011 10:48 Seeker wrote:
On January 02 2011 09:02 yoonyoon wrote:
On January 01 2011 11:39 Seeker wrote:
Lol @ this thread being constantly bumped. I have a feeling that this thread will definitely be alive during 2011 as well.
That being said, are there any pictures of that time Stork came out with an impressive body?

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler [ More Stork] +
[image loading]
[image loading]



While I'm at it..

Lomo,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Best,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Anytime,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

PianO,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Brave,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

HoeJJa, erm. needs to gain more weight
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

JD,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

and... uh.. Sorry for the last one.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




I swear, I'm not a pervert.



Ahahahah, such epic pics, much thanx.
No, you're not gay.
Just cause this stuff is hilarious, doesn't mean searching for them automatically make someone gay.

Holy crap, we got some seriously built SC players here.
I'm guessing their lives are : Play SC all day/work out/socialize/try to get gfs/sleep

Well, I have gay immunity as a girl.

Anyways, from what I know, although the more built ones have obviously put more effort into it, progamers actually have workout sessions everyday. I guess it's because they have a severely sedentary lifestyle..

Ugh, running out of stuff to post


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


No you don't, it would just mean you like girls, which isn't judged because it's hot ^^

But anyways, so Korea isn't really homophobic, they just don't acknowledge it's existence. I wonder if they'd be as homophobic as Westerners if being gay was an "option".

I also wonder how Korean netizens would respond to a thread like this lol, but from what I've seen it's considered quite normal to say a guy looks good.
I think esports is pretty nice.
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
January 03 2011 19:39 GMT
#1118
On January 03 2011 06:42 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 22:50 Saechiis wrote:
I'm glad they aren't so homophobic in Korea, it's really just a Western thing.


Actually, the Korean culture is far and away much more homophobic than Western culture. As far as I understand it, close male friendships aren't seen as "gay" in Korea because open homosexuality is by and large completely absent from their culture, and there is pretty much zero mainstream acceptance for actual gay people in Korea.

The actor Kim Ji-hoo came out as gay in 2008, and then he was instantly flooded with messages of hatred and ostracized by the media, and as a result he committed suicide a few months later. This would never happen today to a celebrity in the West, not even in a country as largely homophobic as the US. So yeah, South Korea is about as homophobic as it gets among countries where homosexuality is legal at all.

On topic: I am so looking forward to Reach and Yellow being back on KT to resume their former hotness.

Why is the Korean culture so homophobic? I'd say the biggest strawman for gay discrimination in North America would be western religion(Catholicism, Islam), but that has to be significantly lower in SK. Has it just been ingrained in the culture though history that it's not acceptable? If so what's the reasoning behind it?
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
yoonyoon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1065 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-03 23:07:32
January 03 2011 22:48 GMT
#1119
On January 04 2011 03:08 Almin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 11:54 dukethegold wrote:
Woah! Lomo has a 6 pack? That scared me.

This thread will outlive TL.

6 packs aren't hard to get lol, just gotta have a low body fat % and work them out like any other muscle in your body.

The shock is probably from his body contrasting with his image as a girly guy.

On January 04 2011 04:19 VeNoM HaZ Skill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2011 21:08 yoonyoon wrote:
On January 03 2011 10:48 Seeker wrote:
On January 02 2011 09:02 yoonyoon wrote:
On January 01 2011 11:39 Seeker wrote:
Lol @ this thread being constantly bumped. I have a feeling that this thread will definitely be alive during 2011 as well.
That being said, are there any pictures of that time Stork came out with an impressive body?

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler [ More Stork] +
[image loading]
[image loading]



While I'm at it..

Lomo,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Best,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Anytime,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

PianO,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Brave,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

HoeJJa, erm. needs to gain more weight
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

JD,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

and... uh.. Sorry for the last one.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




I swear, I'm not a pervert.



Ahahahah, such epic pics, much thanx.
No, you're not gay.
Just cause this stuff is hilarious, doesn't mean searching for them automatically make someone gay.

Holy crap, we got some seriously built SC players here.
I'm guessing their lives are : Play SC all day/work out/socialize/try to get gfs/sleep

Well, I have gay immunity as a girl.

Anyways, from what I know, although the more built ones have obviously put more effort into it, progamers actually have workout sessions everyday. I guess it's because they have a severely sedentary lifestyle..

+ Show Spoiler +
Ugh, running out of stuff to post


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]




I think everyone lives a sedentary lifestyle without exercise... kinda the definition of sedentary.

Not many people live a life where physical activity is incorporated into their day seamlessly, which is why they work out... so doesnt it sound redundant to say a progamer lives a sedentary lifestyle if the didnt work out, when that statement aplies to everyone?!

That's why I said "severely" sedentary. I didn't say that they "live a sedentary lifestyle if the don't work out." I said that since they live a more sedentary lifestyle than average people, they have to work out.


On January 04 2011 04:39 Tachion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2011 06:42 matjlav wrote:
On January 02 2011 22:50 Saechiis wrote:
I'm glad they aren't so homophobic in Korea, it's really just a Western thing.


Actually, the Korean culture is far and away much more homophobic than Western culture. As far as I understand it, close male friendships aren't seen as "gay" in Korea because open homosexuality is by and large completely absent from their culture, and there is pretty much zero mainstream acceptance for actual gay people in Korea.

The actor Kim Ji-hoo came out as gay in 2008, and then he was instantly flooded with messages of hatred and ostracized by the media, and as a result he committed suicide a few months later. This would never happen today to a celebrity in the West, not even in a country as largely homophobic as the US. So yeah, South Korea is about as homophobic as it gets among countries where homosexuality is legal at all.

On topic: I am so looking forward to Reach and Yellow being back on KT to resume their former hotness.

Why is the Korean culture so homophobic? I'd say the biggest strawman for gay discrimination in North America would be western religion(Catholicism, Islam), but that has to be significantly lower in SK. Has it just been ingrained in the culture though history that it's not acceptable? If so what's the reasoning behind it?

Uh... christianity is HUGE here.(According to Wiki, "Just over 40 percent of South Koreans profess religious affiliation. That affiliation is spread among a great variety of traditions, including Buddhism (34 percent), Christianity (66 percent), Confucianism (0.2 percent), and shamanism.") That also means that there are tons of people who cite religion as a reason. However, a lot of people say that they're against homosexuality because "it's just wrong." Kinda like a lot of places around the world..

-edit- To the poster below: yeah, a lot of people are like that - church is also a big social activity for Koreans, especially those who live overseas. There are casual observers, but there are the more extreme ones too. I go to a Christian college, which means that strangers stop me once in while and ask me if I believe in God...o_O and then proceed to talk about why I should go to their church / why I should believe in God / why I should go to a missionary camp during vacation / why I should join this Christian school club / etc. I also know people who always update their facebook status with some phrase from the Bible and how they pray for ~~~~~.


Uh. I really have nothing left to post now..
[image loading]

I post too much on this thread =[
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
January 03 2011 22:54 GMT
#1120
Eh, I wouldn't call South Korean Christianity legit at all. It's all just "thank God for all your success and feel good about yourself" stuff. Which is not how it works, unfortunately :/
REEBUH!!!
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 262 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 208
ProTech145
BRAT_OK 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16604
Leta 1063
Shuttle 498
Horang2 227
firebathero 125
Trap 124
Zeus 78
Hyun 53
soO 46
Bale 39
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 33
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
qojqva1763
Dendi1572
420jenkins450
Counter-Strike
fl0m4429
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu382
Other Games
Grubby2019
Beastyqt681
FrodaN677
KnowMe215
Livibee138
QueenE79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick416
StarCraft 2
angryscii 11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 55
• printf 46
• Adnapsc2 22
• Hinosc 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach110
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 10
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1574
Other Games
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 29m
Patches Events
21h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.