• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:17
CEST 12:17
KST 19:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8126 users

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
May 17 2010 05:05 GMT
#81
Sad panda RIP
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
May 17 2010 05:09 GMT
#82
On May 17 2010 14:01 SoManyDeadLings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2010 10:50 Fumi wrote:
On May 17 2010 10:35 SoManyDeadLings wrote:
God this music is absolutely terrible. I forced myself to listen to a whole min. of Holy Diver before I couldn't bare it any longer.

One less "artist" of this "music" in the world.

Even if you don't like his music, a person just died, grow up. I don't care if you're a troll, just...go away.


For once, I am not trolling.

His music is absolutely terrible. Sad that I am a person has died, I was merely expressing my distaste for such shitty tunes.


I can agree that his music is not for everyone.

But you're still being a total asshole in this thread.
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
May 17 2010 05:12 GMT
#83
RIP Dio \m/ thank you for everything! he was a huge part of metal..... everybody in metal has to pay respects to the guy...
in The Kong line forever
Manbear
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada306 Posts
May 17 2010 06:07 GMT
#84
RIP Dio a god of metal has fallen today
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
May 17 2010 07:09 GMT
#85
He has rocked for a long long time, but it came time for him to pass the torch... (paraphrasing Jack Black a little bit, but you get the idea).

RIP, dude. You shall be missed. Just poured a little Bacardi 151 out for you: now time to drink the rest :D
SUNSFANNED
Auronz
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil119 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-17 07:19:33
May 17 2010 07:14 GMT
#86
Now all my heroes are dead...


On May 17 2010 10:35 SoManyDeadLings wrote:
God this music is absolutely terrible. I forced myself to listen to a whole min. of Holy Diver before I couldn't bare it any longer.

One less "artist" of this "music" in the world.



Seriously this guy should be banned... Fuck him!
Dave[9]
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2365 Posts
May 17 2010 08:26 GMT
#87
RIP

I want to hear Fakesteve's reaction to this
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154&currentpage=316#6317
icyF
Profile Joined June 2008
Finland305 Posts
May 17 2010 08:34 GMT
#88
On May 17 2010 14:01 SoManyDeadLings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2010 10:50 Fumi wrote:
On May 17 2010 10:35 SoManyDeadLings wrote:
God this music is absolutely terrible. I forced myself to listen to a whole min. of Holy Diver before I couldn't bare it any longer.

One less "artist" of this "music" in the world.

Even if you don't like his music, a person just died, grow up. I don't care if you're a troll, just...go away.


For once, I am not trolling.

His music is absolutely terrible. Sad that I am a person has died, I was merely expressing my distaste for such shitty tunes.


This thread is in no need of your ignorance.

On topic. I am very sad to see Dio pass away. Such a great vocalist and frontman.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
May 17 2010 08:46 GMT
#89
I don't even like old-school metal and Dio ruled. Holy Diver is so heavy for his time, and I'm pretty sure that he introduced viking/slaying themes to metal, which in and of itself, helped make metal an adjective rather than just a genre.

Now that's f'ing metal.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
SuperaddE
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden132 Posts
May 17 2010 08:58 GMT
#90
He was a great man and an awesome singer

R.I.P Dio
RIP KT_Violet
Number41
Profile Joined August 2008
United States130 Posts
May 17 2010 09:14 GMT
#91
He was a great singer with a strong influence on his fans and enormous affect on music.

I got to see him perform a long time ago and he sounded great. I was young. It was one of the first concerts I went to; and I was actually a bit scared with all these psychos around me in the audience, but once the concert began I was a fan instead of a scared newbie

RIP Dio
Ho0ps
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United Kingdom216 Posts
May 17 2010 09:21 GMT
#92
One of the greats. RIP Dio
misterG420
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany152 Posts
May 17 2010 09:23 GMT
#93
On May 17 2010 14:05 ComusLoM wrote:
Sad panda RIP


:'( In my head he was the godfather of good music
https://www.twitch.tv/misterg_420
HaXxorIzed
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Australia8434 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-17 09:34:08
May 17 2010 09:33 GMT
#94
This hurts.

Goodbye Dio. It's been a long career, had a lot of fun enjoying the products of your energy. : <
http://steamcommunity.com/id/HaXxorIzed
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
May 17 2010 09:45 GMT
#95
RIP Dio. A great musician. Fathered the music i grew to love. Will be missed
Writer
Hamp
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway100 Posts
May 17 2010 09:51 GMT
#96
This man was the definition of metal, he even invented the devilhorn salute :/ RIP.
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
May 17 2010 10:22 GMT
#97
omg. Just came across this news. sad sad sad!!

RIP R.J.DIO!
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
May 17 2010 10:29 GMT
#98
On May 17 2010 14:01 SoManyDeadLings wrote:

For once, I am not trolling.

His music is absolutely terrible. Sad that I am a person has died, I was merely expressing my distaste for such shitty tunes.


You have like 50 posts, how much trolling have you done?
SoManyDeadLings
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada255 Posts
May 17 2010 11:00 GMT
#99
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=125834
wsrgry
Pika Chu
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Romania2510 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-17 11:06:11
May 17 2010 11:06 GMT
#100
RIP Dio.

One of my favorites.

They first ignore you. After they laugh at you. Next they will fight you. In the end you will win.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings79
CranKy Ducklings SOOP32
SHIN 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 207
ByuN 110
MindelVK 3
SHIN 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18369
Calm 10079
Rain 3307
soO 788
BeSt 399
Stork 390
Soulkey 365
Soma 339
Rush 274
firebathero 259
[ Show more ]
FanTaSy 245
Bisu 220
Barracks 121
Mind 63
Shinee 50
Last 46
Killer 36
Sexy 36
Sharp 24
HiyA 23
Pusan 22
Light 22
Shine 21
ToSsGirL 20
sorry 19
hero 18
Sacsri 17
Terrorterran 17
Hm[arnc] 15
yabsab 14
zelot 11
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 6
Trap 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5269
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King115
Other Games
gofns30283
singsing1469
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 59
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV296
League of Legends
• Jankos2966
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 43m
OSC
12h 43m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.