• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:01
CEST 15:01
KST 22:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7828 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 49

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 99 Next
saritenite
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Singapore1680 Posts
April 18 2010 03:54 GMT
#961
hehe the mods rock
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
April 18 2010 03:54 GMT
#962
The original giveaway said they had 10 keys up for nominations, i'm guessing they'll only give half if that, to people who self nominated, so 5 or less keys probably.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Obstikal
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
616 Posts
April 18 2010 03:56 GMT
#963
After some time thinking about what path i should take.. I came to the conclusion that tbh as much as i want to make this game my life i feel things going on in my life might contradict. So I will take a step back to allow someone to hopefully use the key more than i have planned. Now we don't know if who ever receives it will even use it to the fullest potential but I will gladly take a step back just for the chance that someone can take the key and give and get more out of it then I would be able to.. even if its just a little..
So I will have to wait until another shot or even the game release.
I thank TL for even giving me the courage to step out of the shadows for once, which I don't usually do and for giving normal everyday people who want to make a life or anything from this game a shot to live it.
I just might regret this but for the moment my mind is clear and I know whats right and this is whats right.
I'll kick myself for it later
ComradeDover
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria758 Posts
April 18 2010 03:57 GMT
#964
On April 18 2010 12:39 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 12:37 Cheree wrote:
I'll say this, I agree that a very large percentage of self-nominees have had little to no contribution to TL, a larger percentage than peer-nominees. Yet, there are people who don't deserve the company they're with in the OP list. Even if they were 100% mistaken when they posted, I'd expect the staff to be the bigger person in this and not drive new members away. These are Starcraft fans after all. One mispost from a new member, whether it be out of desperation or something else, doesn't deserve this backlash.

Which is why they were given the chance to back out. No one's ridiculing the people who took it upon themselves to remove themselves from the running.


If only this were true.
Bring back 2v2s!
5unrise
Profile Joined May 2009
New Zealand646 Posts
April 18 2010 04:03 GMT
#965
To be honest I don't disrespect anhyone who are on the list. I mean a sc2 key is good to have... right? It's only natural for people to ask for one if they don't have lol. The only reason I didn't ask is not because I'm not selfish, but that I'm sure I won't get it (and rightfully so). If the admins don't feel they 'deserve' one, then just say no.
But I do feel like this is a fun game, I mean if we can give the keys out and have some fun experimenting with what happens, then why not do it? =)
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
April 18 2010 04:05 GMT
#966
So even if no one got keys, we got a lot of lurkers out of the dark, eh?
jellyfish
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States149 Posts
April 18 2010 04:05 GMT
#967
On April 18 2010 12:38 Jugan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 11:36 silentguy wrote:
I DO want a beta key. 1. Please nobody scorn me over this? I'm a pretty big noob and I realize that I probably don't deserve it.


Why don't you deserve one? Everyone deserves to play. In fact, it's the casual players that keep the game going. Sure, everyone loves the pros - but there are far more casual players than hardcore players. When the pros do well, it's the casual players that watch them, the casual players that drive the crowd. (Casual meaning those who play for fun or aren't hardcore A+/OLYMPIC OWN U ON ICCUP) etc.

Everyone deserves to enjoy a great game


There's a distinction between deserving to play the retail sc2 (which I agree with), and deserving to get beta key from teamliquid. The implication and sentiment behind Kennigit's "if you think you deserve one" statement was for people who think they deserve a key from teamliquid.

You can't try and flip the definition of "deserving" around to try and get a beta key. Turning the issue into "technically, you didn't define 'deserving' so we should be in the running, too" is an irrelevant, underhanded ploy of semantics. You're basically trying to guilt the mods into giving you a beta key by playing the victim.
5unrise
Profile Joined May 2009
New Zealand646 Posts
April 18 2010 04:06 GMT
#968
On April 18 2010 13:05 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
So even if no one got keys, we got a lot of lurkers out of the dark, eh?


Yeah =) that's a good point
thezergk
Profile Joined October 2009
United States492 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 04:12:41
April 18 2010 04:12 GMT
#969
Let the games begin *evil chuckle*!

This is where the competition begins . . .
Nada vs. TLO Results: "Nada 1 TLO 1 Bnet 2 KESPA 1"
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
April 18 2010 04:14 GMT
#970
Props to everyone who has backed out
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
April 18 2010 04:14 GMT
#971
On April 18 2010 13:05 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
So even if no one got keys, we got a lot of lurkers out of the dark, eh?


Most of them won't be back if they don't win lol.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
April 18 2010 04:15 GMT
#972
I was in the shadows till now..... well I guess this competition brings in good things.
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
April 18 2010 04:15 GMT
#973
On April 18 2010 13:14 Megalisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 13:05 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
So even if no one got keys, we got a lot of lurkers out of the dark, eh?


Most of them won't be back if they don't win lol.


Nah. Even if I don't win, I'll be back. Doesn't matter if I win or lose, I just want to give it a shot ya know?
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
April 18 2010 04:17 GMT
#974
On April 18 2010 12:50 LosingID8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 12:44 silentguy wrote:
On April 18 2010 12:43 TheYango wrote:
On April 18 2010 12:41 Cheree wrote:
You can decide to stay opted-in even after you realize your mistake. I thought we were over how you can have good intentions and stay opted in, just as you could have good intentions if you optout.

Then you do so with full knowledge that people are going to group you together with the asshats.

In a sense, it's the price to pay for your shot at the beta key.


May I remind everybody that YOU feel offended in some way and are mad at us for just wanting a beta key. Everybody deserves it. So why don't you just stop the madness?

sure, everyone deserves a key from blizzard (*edit* because you are most likely a paying customer). but does everyone deserve a key from teamliquid? i mean, you only registered here yesterday.



MINDCRUSH
manner
NightOfTheDead
Profile Joined August 2009
Lithuania1711 Posts
April 18 2010 04:18 GMT
#975
On April 18 2010 13:05 jellyfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 12:38 Jugan wrote:
On April 18 2010 11:36 silentguy wrote:
I DO want a beta key. 1. Please nobody scorn me over this? I'm a pretty big noob and I realize that I probably don't deserve it.


Why don't you deserve one? Everyone deserves to play. In fact, it's the casual players that keep the game going. Sure, everyone loves the pros - but there are far more casual players than hardcore players. When the pros do well, it's the casual players that watch them, the casual players that drive the crowd. (Casual meaning those who play for fun or aren't hardcore A+/OLYMPIC OWN U ON ICCUP) etc.

Everyone deserves to enjoy a great game


There's a distinction between deserving to play the retail sc2 (which I agree with), and deserving to get beta key from teamliquid. The implication and sentiment behind Kennigit's "if you think you deserve one" statement was for people who think they deserve a key from teamliquid.

You can't try and flip the definition of "deserving" around to try and get a beta key. Turning the issue into "technically, you didn't define 'deserving' so we should be in the running, too" is an irrelevant, underhanded ploy of semantics. You're basically trying to guilt the mods into giving you a beta key by playing the victim.


You're right that people had to link 'deserving' with the teamliquid, however, there were no strict rules/nor elaborate explanations for doing this. With possibility to nominate oneself, a lot of people were trying to find explanation why they deserve they key based on their overall starctaft experience, and not on their teamliquid experience/achievements. And most of them did not do anything wrong there, yet many began calling them selfish, nubs, asshats etc. etc. etc. They just saw the possibility of getting the key, and signed for it. I guarantee a lot of them (myself included) didnt really think they could have serious chances of wining, so mostly they done this for fun. But as you know, hope dies last.
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 04:19:22
April 18 2010 04:18 GMT
#976
On April 18 2010 13:14 Megalisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 13:05 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
So even if no one got keys, we got a lot of lurkers out of the dark, eh?


Most of them won't be back if they don't win lol.


Yeah that's true for some of them, but many of them claimed to have been stalking TL for a while, so hopefully they're telling the truth and will actually be more active now haha.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 04:19:15
April 18 2010 04:19 GMT
#977
I hope that the mods will give the keys to the first people who have desisted.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
April 18 2010 04:19 GMT
#978
I can't believe that this is going to work at this rate.

I can't help but wonder at what would have happened if the name list remained unpublished...
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 04:21:51
April 18 2010 04:19 GMT
#979
On April 18 2010 13:15 silentguy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 13:14 Megalisk wrote:
On April 18 2010 13:05 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
So even if no one got keys, we got a lot of lurkers out of the dark, eh?


Most of them won't be back if they don't win lol.


Nah. Even if I don't win, I'll be back. Doesn't matter if I win or lose, I just want to give it a shot ya know?

I doubt you speak for most of the people still in this, but we shall see. I'd say that that Megalisk's statement isn't a bad guess given how many people didn't even stick around long enough to even grace this thread with an opt-in or opt-out.
Moderator
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
April 18 2010 04:21 GMT
#980
On April 18 2010 13:19 Boblion wrote:
I hope that the mods will give the keys to the first people who have desisted.


remember the rules of the game... I do appreciate people's sacrifice. Thanks to all who quit. You have made my chances of winning better. Wish there was some way to pay them back.
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 566
Railgan 55
MindelVK 20
Codebar 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66487
Calm 10992
Rain 2390
Bisu 1940
FanTaSy 785
Stork 606
Shuttle 589
soO 443
Rush 428
Soma 248
[ Show more ]
firebathero 225
Snow 221
Last 172
Light 105
Mind 95
Pusan 80
hero 73
Sea.KH 65
Sharp 50
ToSsGirL 43
Trap 38
Free 37
Bale 34
Aegong 31
Mong 28
Hm[arnc] 26
zelot 19
Sexy 16
Noble 16
yabsab 15
HiyA 14
Shine 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Terrorterran 2
Icarus 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8962
Dendi742
Counter-Strike
fl0m2807
byalli1055
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Other Games
gofns40942
singsing2229
B2W.Neo598
Pyrionflax257
Liquid`RaSZi133
Hui .90
Beastyqt52
Trikslyr43
Chillindude20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP42
• Response 8
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV469
League of Legends
• Jankos3084
• Nemesis2577
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1262
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 59m
OSC
9h 59m
Replay Cast
9h 59m
OSC
22h 59m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.