• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:22
CEST 03:22
KST 10:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6399 users

iNcontroL leaves NASL - Page 40

Forum Index > SC2 General
805 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 Next All
Re-opening. Any derailment of this thread will be punished harshly from here on out. Watch your language folks. - p4NDemik
Pabi
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany126 Posts
June 28 2011 21:28 GMT
#781
Sad to hear, found his casting pretty good, but nice that you move into the gaming house and GL in the "awesome" tournaments =P
Ponx
Profile Joined April 2011
United States3 Posts
June 29 2011 01:08 GMT
#782
I'm really glad that Geoff will no longer be casting honestly. I love all he's done for the NASL and I'm really excited that it'll be around. But his casting style really bothered me.
BronKo
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-29 01:24:35
June 29 2011 01:23 GMT
#783
i really liked incontrols casting and am a little bit sad that he quits it.
but i also like incontrol as a player, and i respect his decision.

so wish you good luck in your tourneys
coachjc
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States27 Posts
June 29 2011 15:02 GMT
#784
Geoff...I LOVED your casting style...you and Day9 are my fav 2 casters. (Yes...even compared to tasteosis)

But...I understand your decision and support you 100%!

To any of the haters out there...
I've spent hundreds of hours watching Geoff (iNcontroL) streaming, casting, and even several hours being directly coached by him.
I've watched him on State of the game, Inside the game, and tons of youtube archives of him.

I can tell you through all of these hundreds of hours that he is:
- honest
- trustworthy
- a great player
- truly LOVES SC2 and the community (so if you're reading this...this includes YOU)
- has a driving competitive spirit
- a great sense of humor
- professional
- dozens of other great qualities

Through hundreds of hours of personal experience, I have found Geoff to have tons of love for our SC2 community...and this will always prevail over everything else.
("All we need is Love" - The Beatles)


Geoff, thank you for ALL you have done, all you are doing, and all you continue to do for SC! Keep up the great work...and...

iNcontroL fighting!


InFdude
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Bulgaria619 Posts
June 29 2011 16:43 GMT
#785
--- Nuked ---
Brainiac
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland641 Posts
June 29 2011 16:50 GMT
#786
Not taking anything away from Incontrol, I consider his decision to be pretty weird. He certainly made more money from casting / coaching stuff than placing high in tournaments (I don't recall any of his success excluding pretty lucky MLG 4 place). Pretty ballsy decision from him, I respect that he decided to take gaming seriously. Not sure if it'll pay off, but still I wish him the best of luck.
Si vis pacem para bellum
NamsenX
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway3 Posts
June 29 2011 17:05 GMT
#787
Geoff is professional starcraft player, and while he is a caster, he is a member of EG. and they expect him to be the best he can as a player. while he is doing so much casting he isn't able to get in enough training and that is hurting his professional appeal.

Hes leaving so he can be more of an asset to his team and to himself.

Protoss will forever remain the best race ;)
tyles
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom509 Posts
June 29 2011 17:50 GMT
#788
I think iNcontrols casting will be missed, he is funny, intelligent and knows what he is talking about. Not many casters like him. Its debateable to see what it is better to become, a well-known caster or a come and go player... but hey i suppose we can't miss judge.
Tyles.772 Bobstar.223 I'm just disappointed they overhyped an announcement which would obviously cause a lot of backlash in the TL community. Sure they acquired huk, but they didn't have to rub it in our faces.
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
June 29 2011 17:56 GMT
#789
Excited for Geoff's future! I think with some practice at the upcoming EG house there's a chance Geoff could be an ace for EG right up there with IdrA, there have been times where Artosis called him best foreign PvZ, here's so seeing some more of that! :D
Kaz.
Profile Joined October 2010
United States69 Posts
June 29 2011 18:50 GMT
#790
Your casting shenanigans will be sorely missed Geoff, GL in your future tournaments. Beware of moving to phoenix though, its like the surface of the sun here currently. I've heard that's not good for protoss temples.
Attitude is forever
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
June 29 2011 18:55 GMT
#791
On June 30 2011 01:50 Brainiac wrote:
Not taking anything away from Incontrol, I consider his decision to be pretty weird. He certainly made more money from casting / coaching stuff than placing high in tournaments (I don't recall any of his success excluding pretty lucky MLG 4 place). Pretty ballsy decision from him, I respect that he decided to take gaming seriously. Not sure if it'll pay off, but still I wish him the best of luck.


Any science student could make triple their money if they majored in finance instead. But they don't because they have a passion for science. Same situation here, except Incontrol also believes he can make just as much money as a competitor, which very well may end up being true.. Incontrol wants to be a competitor, not a caster.
OCsurfeR
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States195 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-29 18:57:11
June 29 2011 18:55 GMT
#792
On June 28 2011 21:46 Stevensl2 wrote:
WHY INCONTROL

Whose going to replace him? I didn't realize casting took up so much of his time, I mean... Go - Cast - Go home and continue practicing right?


Casting consumes about 7-8 hours a day minimum of Geoff's time, 5-6 days a week. Many days it ended up being more like 12 hours when prep-time, re-shooting certain segments, recording promotional segments, etc, is included. It is exactly the same as trying to have a full-time job and trying to be a pro-gamer at the same time -- it's very difficult.
"Your mother puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?" - Chris Knight, Real Genius
Roeder
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark735 Posts
June 29 2011 18:55 GMT
#793
Go go, Geoff! You're the man. GL with your personal pro-gaming - you're great.
Starcraft is a mix between chess, poker and a Michael Bay movie.
blacksheepwall
Profile Joined June 2011
China1530 Posts
June 29 2011 21:38 GMT
#794
This seems really odd to me, leaving NASL to "focus" more on being a player. I was listening to him on Inside the Game (is that what it's called?), but the head of eG was saying that he left SotG for the same reason.

And the guy specifically mentioned NASL as one of iNcontrol's other commitments that prevents him from being able to keep up with his commitments to his team. So this whole thing is sort of weird, and unfortunate for fans of the NASL I think.

But best of luck to iNcontrol, both with this and the whole SotG situation, which he sounded pretty upset about last night.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ // </3 Taeja
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
June 29 2011 21:44 GMT
#795
On June 30 2011 06:38 blacksheepwall wrote:
This seems really odd to me, leaving NASL to "focus" more on being a player. I was listening to him on Inside the Game (is that what it's called?), but the head of eG was saying that he left SotG for the same reason.

And the guy specifically mentioned NASL as one of iNcontrol's other commitments that prevents him from being able to keep up with his commitments to his team. So this whole thing is sort of weird, and unfortunate for fans of the NASL I think.

But best of luck to iNcontrol, both with this and the whole SotG situation, which he sounded pretty upset about last night.


What is "weird" about it. Geoff wants to be a pro player, and a top top player at that. Currently he cannot do that because he is doing other shit 50+ hours week (with NASL being a huge time sink) so he reduced some of those things. Makes sense to me.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
blacksheepwall
Profile Joined June 2011
China1530 Posts
June 29 2011 23:57 GMT
#796
On June 30 2011 06:44 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
What is "weird" about it.


I just meant that it seems sort of hypocritical to use his commitment to NASL as a main reason why he can't continue to SotG, but then for him to immediately leave NASL.

And again, I wish no ill will towards iNcontrol or eG, I'm sure they'll both be just fine.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ // </3 Taeja
gdroxor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States639 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 03:30:10
June 30 2011 03:29 GMT
#797
iNcontroL fighting! While I'm a little disappointed he's leaving NASL, I'm really glad he's putting a lot of focus on refining his play so he can get that monkey off his back.
Sockso
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States57 Posts
June 30 2011 11:45 GMT
#798
I hope iNcontrol returns to "State of the Game" now! Also, While I love the sound of Gretorp's voice, I'd like to see him replaced by Day9. That would be about the only way I'd pay for a NASL HD pass.
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
June 30 2011 20:16 GMT
#799
On June 30 2011 02:50 tyles wrote:
I think iNcontrols casting will be missed, he is funny, intelligent and knows what he is talking about. Not many casters like him. Its debateable to see what it is better to become, a well-known caster or a come and go player... but hey i suppose we can't miss judge.


I would agree with this post 100% before he started casting in the NASL. After that + the restreaming GSL/thrash talking kelly "scandals" i think he was being way to "careful" in his casts. Which made him just awkward instead of funny in my opinion. So i guess what im trying to say is that, for me atleast, this is a good thing. Bring back the old Incontroll plx!
God is dead.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
June 30 2011 20:40 GMT
#800
On June 24 2011 10:56 iNcontroL wrote:
there absolutely will be a season 2!!

I even spoke about how gretorp will continue casting alongside other casters and I will make guest appearances.

We are also running a qualifier atm for season 2... please fix OP

Good to hear. Good luck competing iNcontroL, I imagine it was difficult trying to compete with all of the extra stuff you were doing (commentating a TON of games with NASL, AND the other stuff that you used to do like inside the game and SotG). All told, you probably have like 20 hours or more of extra time each week now.

iNcontroL hwaiting!
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 142
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2589
910 48
Dota 2
monkeys_forever596
NeuroSwarm192
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv209
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe169
Other Games
summit1g8438
JimRising 659
Day[9].tv410
C9.Mang0318
ArmadaUGS38
PiGStarcraft1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick637
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• davetesta16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv410
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 38m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.