• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:55
CEST 07:55
KST 14:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7462 users

Pick Your Power Insane! - Page 38

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 105 Next
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
May 17 2011 23:59 GMT
#741
On May 18 2011 08:44 Incognito wrote:
Oops for some reason I thought there were 24 people in this game...

Kavdragon - This list will consist of likely townies
Caller
Incognito
Flamewheel
Foolishness
bumatlarge
Radfield

GMarshal
Kurumi
Ace
tnkted
infinitestory
Dreamflower
Deconduo
KillerSOS

Scamp - This list will consist of lurkers
Chezinu
Eiii
OriginalName
Fishball
kitaman27
Mr. Wiggles

Chezinu - This list will consist of suspicious people
Node
Scamp
GMarshal
chaoser
Barundar
Kavdragon

Mafia 2 DT can check one list per day. Inventor can give out a vote list check kit. And still, 2 vote checks are better than nothing. Really we only need 3, as the 4th one we can infer by the results of the others. And as Ace said before, anyone who is a stray vote can just be individually checked.


Me lurking? Never!

All oldies knows I rarely point fingers at anyone, no matter what alignment I am, until I have something solid. Standard Fishball IMO, especially this early into the game.

For shits and giggles, I talked to BC on MSN and gave him my incomplete-preliminary Mafia list. I'll be sure to brag after the game if I get anything right, *cough*.

Time for The Witcher 2!
靈魂交響曲
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
May 18 2011 00:02 GMT
#742
On May 18 2011 08:59 Fishball wrote:
For shits and giggles, I talked to BC on MSN and gave him my incomplete-preliminary Mafia list. I'll be sure to brag after the game if I get anything right, *cough*.


I don't trust BC. You should share your list with us instead.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
May 18 2011 00:02 GMT
#743
On May 18 2011 08:59 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 08:44 Incognito wrote:
Oops for some reason I thought there were 24 people in this game...

Kavdragon - This list will consist of likely townies
Caller
Incognito
Flamewheel
Foolishness
bumatlarge
Radfield

GMarshal
Kurumi
Ace
tnkted
infinitestory
Dreamflower
Deconduo
KillerSOS

Scamp - This list will consist of lurkers
Chezinu
Eiii
OriginalName
Fishball
kitaman27
Mr. Wiggles

Chezinu - This list will consist of suspicious people
Node
Scamp
GMarshal
chaoser
Barundar
Kavdragon

Mafia 2 DT can check one list per day. Inventor can give out a vote list check kit. And still, 2 vote checks are better than nothing. Really we only need 3, as the 4th one we can infer by the results of the others. And as Ace said before, anyone who is a stray vote can just be individually checked.


Me lurking? Never!

All oldies knows I rarely point fingers at anyone, no matter what alignment I am, until I have something solid. Standard Fishball IMO, especially this early into the game.

For shits and giggles, I talked to BC on MSN and gave him my incomplete-preliminary Mafia list. I'll be sure to brag after the game if I get anything right, *cough*.

Time for The Witcher 2!


Sorry, I was mistaken. You are the pinnacle of pro-town play. Just vote Scamp, k?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 18 2011 00:03 GMT
#744
Looks like I've been dubbed king of the lurkers.

Also I don't understand how Caller, Flamewheel, and Foolishness have earned 'likely townie' status.

What is that second list? And why is KavDragon on the 'likely townie' and 'suspicious people' list?
Cheese is good for you!
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 18 2011 00:05 GMT
#745
Oh, wait. I think I get it now. The people below vote for the people on the top of the list.

Why do you want GMarshal dead the most?
Cheese is good for you!
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
May 18 2011 00:08 GMT
#746
Incognito: I think you're town-aligned. Your posts are concise and make good, pro-town points without delving into pointless arguments. There have been a couple of weird posts (most notably here), and I wish that you'd back up your accusations, but I don't think you've done anything particularly scummy.

I also think that it's incredibly foolish to think that you can get people to vote in the way you described just because you asked for it. That is what you're asking, right? I realize that ideally the vote rigger sets it up that way, but as you said there's no guarantee that he's both in the game and willing to follow orders. I'd be willing to go along with it if everybody else is, but I feel that without the vote rigger using his ability it's far too easy for mafia to just shift a vote or two and both lynch an innocent and dodge the DT.

I am curious as to why you're making GMarshal the person who actually gets lynched. I would much rather see chaoser or Barundar die at the end of the day.
whole lies with a half smile
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
May 18 2011 00:09 GMT
#747
I actually now want Kavdragon dead the most. After looking back at XXXVIII I'm 95% sure he's mafia. Let me update my list:


Kavdragon - This list will consist of likely townies
Caller
Incognito
Flamewheel
Foolishness
bumatlarge
Radfield
Ace

Barundar
Kurumi
tnkted
infinitestory
Dreamflower
Deconduo
KillerSOS

Scamp - This list will consist of lurkers
Chezinu
Eiii
OriginalName
Fishball
kitaman27
Mr. Wiggles

Chezinu - This list will consist of suspicious people
Node
Scamp
GMarshal
chaoser
Barundar
Kavdragon
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
May 18 2011 00:10 GMT
#748
I must be the loudest and most obnoxious lurker..How can a lurker even be loud? I love your idea incog, but I don't like the fact that people will be voting for me.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
May 18 2011 00:11 GMT
#749
For the time being, voting Chezinu to encourage Incognito's list playing out. I reserve the right to switch if it doesn't come together.
whole lies with a half smile
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
May 18 2011 00:11 GMT
#750
Fine. If this doesn't play out (I know I'm kinda late in the day), please make sure Kavdragon is lynched.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
May 18 2011 00:13 GMT
#751
##Vote Kavdragon

alrighty! I love scamp too much to vote for him..I'll switch my vote last second to him if I know he will live.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
May 18 2011 00:13 GMT
#752
Incognito referendum:

Looks pretty green to me so far, makes good points, constructive posts. The random votes and asking for nukes look weird though, lacks reasoning for early suspicions.

On reflection, I think there's a possibility Deconduo might be Hero. I'll switch my vote for now.
you gotta dance
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
May 18 2011 00:15 GMT
#753
Ah, TL Mafia games sure do ramp up in the last few hours of the day. I'll be commenting after dinner.

Just a quick question though... Hey Ace, if Kavdragon is lynched who are you going to shoot instead? Let's make sure not to overlap now, eh?
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
May 18 2011 00:17 GMT
#754
On May 18 2011 09:15 flamewheel wrote:
Ah, TL Mafia games sure do ramp up in the last few hours of the day. I'll be commenting after dinner.

Just a quick question though... Hey Ace, if Kavdragon is lynched who are you going to shoot instead? Let's make sure not to overlap now, eh?

That's exactly why I wait 24 hours first for 48 hour days.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
May 18 2011 00:29 GMT
#755
For the sake of completeness, lets compare Kavdragon's play in XXXVIII and this game to XXXIV (Pokemafia).

In Pokemafia, Kavdragon comes up with a long LSB accusation. Nice and all, except that he doesn't follow up. A few posts later, almost nothing is mentioned about LSB, and he goes off to vote some other random person. Compare to this game, where Kavdragon makes an accusation on Node, and then lets it get buried in the thread.

Now I'm 100% certain Kavdragon will be lynched, so here's my suggestion. Keep the votes close among the 4 candidates, with Kavdragon in the lead. If any "save Kavdragon" agenda appears to be occuring, everyone has my full blessing to ignore the assigned vote lists and ensure that Kavdragon is lynched.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
May 18 2011 00:30 GMT
#756
Oops I meant "Now I'm 100% Kavdragon is mafia"
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
May 18 2011 00:32 GMT
#757
This comes early Day 1. Notice how bold and confident it is. Was he wrong? Yes. Honestly, his case is made off of very little information and many assumptions. But that didn't stop him. After his first accusation post he keeps pushing. Even after this, he keeps mentioning his thoughts. All throughout the day he points out scum. Not "gathering information", but real accusations. He accuses at least 5 people throughout day 1. Even when DH says he will consider lynching him, Kav remains aggressive, maintains his focus on DH, and dares DH to lynch him. That is aggressive, risky play. Now look at this game. Kavdragon suddenly retracts into his hole, is "afraid" of good players, and needs to poke for information. He doesn't follow a coherent train of thought, and his defense isn't anywhere near convincing either. He doesn't strongly accuse anyone of anything, and his defense shows that he cares a lot. Overall, strong case for red.

I disagree with the Kavdragon lynch. I'll admit that I've been skim reading some of his later posts, but after a quick look through, I still don't get the scum vibe. I agree with some of your points Incog, but on the whole disagree with the conclusion. Mind you, I haven't read through his other games, so your opinion is a bit more learned than mine.

Anyways, Kav has had some bold, unafraid posts in this game. He has been disagreeing with people with reckless abandon, and for at least the first half of the game, seemed very confident. Again, can't compare with his other games, but i'm really picking up the opposite vibe.

Another possible reason to vote Barundar over Kavdragon, is that if he's mafia Barundar very likely took CPR Doc. He was 'assigned' this role, so would not look suspicious if he took it, and it's very difficult to discover if he uses it or not.
dreamflower
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States312 Posts
May 18 2011 00:35 GMT
#758
After way more worrying than I should have done over whom I should place my vote on, I still don't feel that anyone particularly jumps out at me for being suspicious. I didn't like a lot of Scamp's posts, but I think he has gotten a little better since, and while I agree chaoser has been inactive, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to real-life busyness. I also think Ace contradicted himself when he criticized (and continues to criticize) people who founded accusations off 5 posts and then used Incognito's four unusual posts as the entire basis for his vote. Especially considering that Incognito has contributed more since. There must be other people, like Chezinu, who have generally posted random things that Ace could target. But I digress.

For lack of better ideas and because I want my vote to count for something, I'll resign myself to following Incognito's vote plan for now, though I will reserve the right to change my vote if something changes. Given that he introduced the vote rigger/Mafia 2 detective idea and generally made pro-town posts, I think it's likely he's town. Not even Ver writes huge (yet thoughtful) walls of text like that when he's Mafia.

So, #vote Barundar for now.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." -Oscar Wilde
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 18 2011 00:36 GMT
#759
Well, if Incognito is town he sure knows how to save his ass with long posts and fresh plans. I don't like how his plan revolves around roles being selected that we don't know are actually in the game (both vote rigger and list-checking DTs/inventors) and his plan is basically dividing up the town in a way that no one is expecting to work. But if we do go along with it he did narrow the suspects down to four.

Kind of curious how I made the short list over Chaoser, though..
Cheese is good for you!
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
May 18 2011 00:37 GMT
#760
Whoops, I meant to say 'if Incognito is mafia' and not 'if Incognito is town'. But I guess it works both ways.
Cheese is good for you!
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4582
Leta 1726
Shuttle 518
Shine 45
ZergMaN 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King40
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft531
Sick152
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick474
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1417
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2160
League of Legends
• Lourlo1041
• Rush771
Other Games
• Shiphtur369
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 5m
Patches Events
9h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 5m
OSC
17h 5m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.