• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:11
CEST 07:11
KST 14:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7183 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 37

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 74 Next
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 05:36:40
July 06 2011 05:34 GMT
#721
To share what I'm up to, and to get opinions...

There is a problem I've been trying to solve with the textures. Basically the colors are fine, but on darker maps the colors get a lot weaker and are more affected by the tint of light those maps have. This makes the game less clear. Even though it's already a good improvement from default, I really wanted to solve this.

So I found a solution so that team color stays clear. Basically the baneling shinyness. So if I put the same effect the banelings have over lets say the stalker team color, but a lot lot less so that it doesn't shine like the baneling, but simply enough to stay strong, then the problem is solved.(This might be what alt F did that makes the colors much stronger, but not sure).

Before
[image loading]
After(zealots have been modified too, but still experimenting)
[image loading]

I feel like it is more clear this way, and having the colors stand out more should help people with sight problems as well. Let me know what you think.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also what do you guys think about this? just curious.
[image loading]
I'm just asking because this is some shinyness I made for the stalker a long time ago(same as the shinyness used on the Dark Stalker Mod, but without the dark texture), but talking about the changes I made reminded me of this, since basically the same solution to the problem exists in this glowier stalker, only it is more intense and has patterns instead of over all the team color. This is probably less true to the blizzard stalker though, but yeah.
Don't pay much attention to this, focus on the change above more.
Kill the Deathball
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
July 06 2011 05:57 GMT
#722
I think the bottom pic looks way better.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
tertle
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia328 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 06:05:25
July 06 2011 06:05 GMT
#723
After picture is definitely more desirable.

Keep up the good work.
Kracklings
Profile Joined March 2011
United States116 Posts
July 06 2011 06:08 GMT
#724
Didnt really think this was needed, until I saw it in action on the icCup korean KOTH stream. Really cool I think, makes probes I think the coolest looking unit with this change oddly enough haha.

Great work though, big fan, even though I really neevr had a problem telling units apart btu than again I am a Z player haha!!!!

Love you
TTTTTTTT GRIMMMEEEEE
AngryFarmer
Profile Joined June 2011
United States560 Posts
July 06 2011 06:12 GMT
#725
The diff colors make the units actually look cooler. It looked kind of dumb at first glance but it is actually cool if you look at the detail.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 06 2011 07:20 GMT
#726
Glad you guys seem to like the change. I definitely think it is much clearer, and so I will continue to keep working on this.
Kill the Deathball
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
July 06 2011 07:21 GMT
#727
Those dark stalkers look pretty freaking sick man
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 07:32:51
July 06 2011 07:31 GMT
#728
I like it (some posts above), looks like TRON :D
linduxed
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden111 Posts
July 06 2011 08:47 GMT
#729
Looks clearer, aesthetically fine too.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 06 2011 14:10 GMT
#730
So do you guys prefer the second pic which just has brighter colors, or do you guys prefer the tron looking one? I dont want to mess with the actual design of units too much but if its unanimous then I might consider using the tron looking one. For right now the second pic will be the default so let me know.
Kill the Deathball
EternalSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden313 Posts
July 07 2011 00:25 GMT
#731
this is so cool, put im afraid blizz will ban my ass if i do this D;
SHIT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 07 2011 08:09 GMT
#732
I just put up a download link for the BW probe I made for those interested.
+ Show Spoiler +

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?3md44qc93594on9
If you are using my color mod, or any other mod i made, then you will have to open this mpq with an mpq editor and merge it with the one already in your LibertyMulti folder. If you are not using any other mod, then simply drag this mpq to your LibertyMulti and it shouldn't overwrite anything. Let me know if it works
Kill the Deathball
ectonym
Profile Joined July 2010
United States147 Posts
July 08 2011 04:28 GMT
#733
On April 26 2011 22:51 Demonace34 wrote:
I think it would be a great change, especially PvP. Changing laser color for each team would also be amazing. I think red vs blue lasers would just make stalker battles fun to look at and colossus vs colossus battles wouldn't look so weird.


this. I absolutely love this edit you've done, I've been using it since May. I especially appreciate the attention to people's suggestions (in particular your edit to make Fungal Growth more visible). Would you also consider changing the Colossi laser beams color to match their team color? That, I know, should not be your top priority, but an edit that included that might be quite appealing to watch during the Colossus vs Colossus wars.

Thank U
I cannot be what I am so I become money, quarter by quarter, and live as long as I can live. "Why I Play Video Games," by Tony Barnstone. check out my design website, ectonym.com
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
July 08 2011 05:30 GMT
#734
Can you replace zerg overlords to SC1 one?
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
July 08 2011 06:37 GMT
#735
How does the latest changes look on Low settings?
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
July 08 2011 14:31 GMT
#736
Where did the download links go? :O
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
July 08 2011 14:37 GMT
#737
I would love to use this, but as mentioned in the OP it is unclear how Blizzard reacts to this. So I wont use it (for now), but it would be awesome if the creator of this tool contacts Blizzard and gets permission. He would have my full support.
keep it deep! @zulison
Loot3r
Profile Joined May 2011
South Africa4 Posts
July 08 2011 14:40 GMT
#738
cannon rush is such a fail game
Get wise, or die trying!
Haguruma
Profile Joined July 2011
14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 15:21:41
July 08 2011 15:21 GMT
#739
Help I dont know how to get the mod on my sc2 someone help I got skype if that helps

Ive read the instructions and I get very lost so please someone walk me through this
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 08 2011 15:21 GMT
#740
On July 08 2011 23:31 doomed wrote:
Where did the download links go? :O


huh? they should be all there. Maybe it's a browser problem? I just checked and they're there for me.

And as for how it looks on lowest settings with the changes, I'd say probably the same. All I've done is edited the specular maps to make things appear more shiny in the areas where team color exists. But on lowest settings, the specular maps are ignored entirely, and so no changes would be visible.
Kill the Deathball
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft380
RuFF_SC2 189
Nina 74
-ZergGirl 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2065
sorry 44
910 31
Bale 24
yabsab 11
ZergMaN 10
NotJumperer 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 770
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1105
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox720
Mew2King0
Other Games
summit1g7872
WinterStarcraft341
C9.Mang0271
Livibee160
Sick139
Maynarde130
ViBE75
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick675
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream175
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2255
League of Legends
• Stunt435
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 50m
Stellar Fest
7h 50m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.