• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13660 users

The why was my thread closed topic - Page 35

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 48 Next All
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
July 24 2011 22:49 GMT
#681
I wish the mods would've made it more clear and less sudden. After the Deezer v CombatEX showmatch, every CombatEX thread just started to get closed and no one really knew why. I don't recall ever seeing a clear statement about it until some mods started posting in a thread.

I support the stance, but the way the policy was enforced took me by surprise.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 24 2011 23:00 GMT
#682
I think the more it is talked about, the more people will become interested or curious. It'd lead to: "Any publicity is good publicity". I don't think it's a lack of communication but more of a safety precaution that Combat-Ex's outcome is a consequentially negative one given his previous actions.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
July 24 2011 23:13 GMT
#683
I suppose a thread might be too much, but explaining why in the closing post wouldn't hurt. If I recall correctly, the closing posts were usually a simple statement saying that TL does not allow CombatEX threads. Due to the lack of explanation, CombatEX threads are still popping up because of CombatEX's new videos. But I guess we can't really change the pass, so whatever.
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
July 25 2011 00:11 GMT
#684
It's hard going to r/sc lately because everyone's just like "OMG Combat-Ex is so great for making free videos let's forgive him completely for being a cheater!" as if he's not just making the videos to get famous.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
July 25 2011 00:22 GMT
#685
On July 25 2011 09:11 Cassel_Castle wrote:
It's hard going to r/sc lately because everyone's just like "OMG Combat-Ex is so great for making free videos let's forgive him completely for being a cheater!" as if he's not just making the videos to get famous.

He used to use the videos to solicit donations in bw. He used the iccup abuse to justify taking $ from idiots on youtube who didn't know any better.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 25 2011 00:33 GMT
#686
See, the more we talk about it, the more curious we get like: What ICCUP abuse? O:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
July 25 2011 16:00 GMT
#687
Win trading, begging for wins, ranking up accounts so he could give himself wins etc... Ranks under A were inflationary so if you agreed to play a group of people and split wins then you'd gain points. There are countless topics made by people with replays/screenshots showing him begging for people to let him take the win after his cheese failed, offering them wins as payment on his other accounts (because abusing the system is fine as long as you benefit from it too), explaining how he's kinda a big deal on youtube and they should respect him. I'd just think he was a retarded delusional child if he didn't keep plugging for donations on youtube on the basis of a skill that he never had. But taking money from retards for giving advice which is either so simple it's freely available on liquipedia or flat out wrong is irritating. The one thing he could have done to earn the donations he falsely solicited is say "ignore me and go to TL and ask there, those guys know their shit" but if they ever actually did that then they'd realise how much of a scam he was running.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
tw!tch
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States563 Posts
July 27 2011 02:46 GMT
#688
Just out of curiosity, why was the CatsPajamas fan thread closed?
baas
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland69 Posts
July 27 2011 17:54 GMT
#689
I would like to ask Ares[Effort], why my thread about auto-turret positioning was closed?
I don't see where I would have offended anybody and there were no warnings either?
He just closed it with the words

"How do you suppose the game goes for the player to get out 3 ravens go across the entire map, place down turrets in these ideal locations and not be killed before?"

But I wasn't saying at all that you should just make 3 ravens and go turret harrassing I just pointed out that with only 3 ravens you could wall in the enemy probes and that that seemed a good idea to me.

I would really like to hear the reason, if you would make the effort to explain it to me. I'm new to this forum (read the guidelines) and so I would like to know what I did wrong. Seriously.

Regards
baas
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
July 27 2011 19:51 GMT
#690
On July 27 2011 11:46 tw!tch wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why was the CatsPajamas fan thread closed?

From what I saw, its wasn't very well made. Fan club need a certain amount of quality in order to continue.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 27 2011 21:06 GMT
#691
On July 28 2011 02:54 baas wrote:
I would like to ask Ares[Effort], why my thread about auto-turret positioning was closed?
I don't see where I would have offended anybody and there were no warnings either?
He just closed it with the words

"How do you suppose the game goes for the player to get out 3 ravens go across the entire map, place down turrets in these ideal locations and not be killed before?"

But I wasn't saying at all that you should just make 3 ravens and go turret harrassing I just pointed out that with only 3 ravens you could wall in the enemy probes and that that seemed a good idea to me.

I would really like to hear the reason, if you would make the effort to explain it to me. I'm new to this forum (read the guidelines) and so I would like to know what I did wrong. Seriously.

Regards
baas


It's a discussion based off a scenario or situation. A replay would probably be the best way to show Ares that his skepticism is wrong.

That's my understanding at least. You can always p.m Ares too!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
baas
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland69 Posts
July 27 2011 21:30 GMT
#692
Is it allowed to PM Mods about this?

I have to say rereading my initial post I may see how one can get the idea that i meant:

Build 3 ravens. Wall in the enemy probe line with turrets. Win.

But that was in no way what I intended.

My points were:
- there are terrans that use mass turrets to harass worker lines, even pros sometimes
- I think when you go for that, you could improve this tactic by preventing the opponent from pulling away his workers and thereby limiting the amount of damage such a harrass deals significantly. A way to do this would be to wall in his probes or at least try to make it more difficult for them to retreat, because every couple seconds you get will potentially increase his losses. Why not placing turrets in this case deliberately then more or less randomly, since as a lot of people said, the raven energy is precious.
- You don't need an insane number of ravens to pull of such a wall in, often already 3 would be enough. I never wanted to say: "take three ravens and not more". The 3 raven were just meant as an example.
- You may consider splitting your ravens into different groups to do the wall in quicker and simultaneously.
-Concerning the evidence: I've uploaded a picture that illustrates one possibility to do such a wall of and I mentioned the games to show that it at least worked for me in a game.
- as I repeatetly made clear later on in the thread, I wasn't saying you should go for turret harrass, I just wanted to say, if you do that, there may be a more efficient way to do it.

So I would gladly edit my initial thread by those points, if that would help to reopen it again. I'm sorry if there was a misconception about my intentions.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 27 2011 21:32 GMT
#693
On July 28 2011 06:30 baas wrote:
Is it allowed to PM Mods about this?

I have to say rereading my initial post I may see how one can get the idea that i meant:

Build 3 ravens. Wall in the enemy probe line with turrets. Win.

But that was in no way what I intended.

My points were:
- there are terrans that use mass turrets to harass worker lines, even pros sometimes
- I think when you go for that, you could improve this tactic by preventing the opponent from pulling away his workers and thereby limiting the amount of damage such a harrass deals significantly. A way to do this would be to wall in his probes or at least try to make it more difficult for them to retreat, because every couple seconds you get will potentially increase his losses. Why not placing turrets in this case deliberately then more or less randomly, since as a lot of people said, the raven energy is precious.
- You don't need an insane number of ravens to pull of such a wall in, often already 3 would be enough. I never wanted to say: "take three ravens and not more". The 3 raven were just meant as an example.
- You may consider splitting your ravens into different groups to do the wall in quicker and simultaneously.
-Concerning the evidence: I've uploaded a picture that illustrates one possibility to do such a wall of and I mentioned the games to show that it at least worked for me in a game.
- as I repeatetly made clear later on in the thread, I wasn't saying you should go for turret harrass, I just wanted to say, if you do that, there may be a more efficient way to do it.

So I would gladly edit my initial thread by those points, if that would help to reopen it again. I'm sorry if there was a misconception about my intentions.


You're always welcome to p.m staff, even when banned or so.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
baas
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland69 Posts
July 27 2011 22:47 GMT
#694
On July 28 2011 06:32 Torte de Lini wrote:

You're always welcome to p.m staff, even when banned or so.


Ok, good to know. Thank you .
dacthehork
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2000 Posts
August 02 2011 04:46 GMT
#695
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250390

Wondering why this thread was closed by kennigit, no explanation given. I think it is a topic that deserves discussion. AKA Xeris taking the seat from a contest winner at MLG Anaheim and generally doing it in a very haughty way.
Warturtle - DOTA 2 is KING
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
August 02 2011 05:31 GMT
#696
There are two threads about it already. This one was derailed because of the incident, so go talk about it there. Or you can discuss it in the apology thread. No need for a third. Actually this is a fourth I believe. They had a third one that was closed.
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
August 02 2011 12:00 GMT
#697
On August 02 2011 13:46 dacthehork wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250390

Wondering why this thread was closed by kennigit, no explanation given. I think it is a topic that deserves discussion. AKA Xeris taking the seat from a contest winner at MLG Anaheim and generally doing it in a very haughty way.

The second post to your thread is a link to it being discussed already
pontiff
Profile Joined July 2010
Bulgaria73 Posts
August 09 2011 14:56 GMT
#698
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=252857
Seems like asking for tips is against the 'guidelines'. I thought these were discussion forums. At least I confirm my previous impression on these snob forums - everything is in the guidelines according to TL snobs and it doesn't matter that my particular case is not mentioned. I could have elaborated my question, but he, it is better for the e-peen to lock the noob thread.
These forums are still unworthy for non-sect members and when I need tips and help, threads are immediately locked if they are not TL geekish enough.

I will stick to watching streams and news (at least this site is still good for that) and if that is ok, do not ban me. I won't write on your precious forums anymore.

User was banned for this post.
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 15:47:58
August 09 2011 15:50 GMT
#699
On August 09 2011 23:56 pontiff wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=252857
Seems like asking for tips is against the 'guidelines'. I thought these were discussion forums. At least I confirm my previous impression on these snob forums - everything is in the guidelines according to TL snobs and it doesn't matter that my particular case is not mentioned. I could have elaborated my question, but he, it is better for the e-peen to lock the noob thread.
These forums are still unworthy for non-sect members and when I need tips and help, threads are immediately locked if they are not TL geekish enough.

I will stick to watching streams and news (at least this site is still good for that) and if that is ok, do not ban me. I won't write on your precious forums anymore.


Time for me to be a "snob".

Here is your post.

I am not an expert, but this map is a bit terrible for me. It is all choke points and bottle necks, which is the heaven for terran's ranged only units. Any tips accept from voting it down?


Let us break it down.

You need help on a map, you don't tell us what you need help with, just about how Terran is imbalanced with ranged units.

You do not state what you are having trouble with, you just say it has choke points and bottle necks.

You do not include any replays or examples of what is causing you to lose on this map.

Any tips? What are we giving you tips on? You didn't tell us anything else.

The help threads are not all locked, just ones that have no effort in them like yours. You even admitted you could have made it better.
Brood War forever!
RoyW
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Ireland270 Posts
August 11 2011 13:24 GMT
#700
You used 'accept' instead of 'except'.

That should also be bannable
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 304
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 512
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 304
Reynor 183
BRAT_OK 48
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38877
Calm 2602
Shuttle 397
Mini 160
White-Ra 114
firebathero 99
Mong 59
scan(afreeca) 18
soO 17
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9127
Counter-Strike
fl0m3708
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3545
Liquid`Hasu481
MindelVK3
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2279
FrodaN1377
B2W.Neo760
olofmeister624
Khaldor461
KnowMe301
Beastyqt204
crisheroes182
Livibee169
Mew2King83
ToD61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick434
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 7
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach65
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• blackmanpl 18
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie946
• Shiphtur711
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
31m
BSL Open Qualifier
31m
OSC
4h 31m
Replay Cast
4h 31m
OSC
17h 31m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.